I'm sure most of us have already discussed DoW3 to hell and back at this point...

I'm sure most of us have already discussed DoW3 to hell and back at this point, but I can't seem to get my mind off how just about every Inquisitor that the Blood Ravens has had to put up with has been a drooling imbecile actively working to undermine the Imperium.

First Toth, then the guy who bombards a planet with the magpies' Chapter Master on it and then is surprised when he realizes the entire chapter wants him dead- do the Blood Ravens have extraordinarily shit luck when it comes to the big I or does Relic just not know how to depict an Inquisitor who isn't retarded. And at that matter, how the hell did Gabe, Macha, and Gorgutz even get off what was left of Acheron?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War_III
steamcharts.com/app/281610
steamcharts.com/app/364360
youtube.com/watch?v=D6lUjVLPU04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please spoiler the story for me.

relic depicted Andrastia pretty well.

Also the grots in DoW3 are extremely adorable.

In fairness, their depicition of Inquisitors all being shitheads is pretty damn accurate.

basically everyone is fighting for a legendary artifact weapon called the Spear of Khaine.

Then it's revealed the weapon is essentially a trap and intentionally draws people to fight over it so that the spilled blood powers up the spear and releases the multi-part seal on a fuckhuge Greater Demon.

Everyone teams up to barely beat the demon, Gorgutz gets the pointy stikk.

1d4chan did a way better job of summarizing the story than me, so I'll link their page here.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War_III

TL;DR: Autarch Kyre is an asshole even by Eldar standards, the Inquisitor is also an asshole while being too stupid to live, the Spear of Khaine has a Bloodthirster in it, Gabe, Macha, and Gorgutz the up to defeat it and surprisingly don't turn on each other afterwards, and apparently the Necrons were sleeping through the whole clusterfuck and only got to waking up after the credits.
Yes, but them being flat out retarded half the time? Not so much. The Inquisition doesn't look kindly on stupidity within its own ranks (e.g. sending half a chapter to its deaths for the xenos weapon that's also daemon possessed and pissing off said chapter AND a Knight House to an extent that even Inquisitorial connections couldn't salvage).

It's all a cunning ruse to destroy that tainted chapter but the ravens are too stupid to catch on

So, Chaos and Necrons next?

t. space wolf

Your guess is as good as mine. But given that the big three are stuck in the remains of Acheron with no visible way off, I can only assume Relic will have to resort to some real asspulls to resolve it.

It's not like they'd kill the main characters off through negligence, right?

>game literally tells the inquisitor that he dun goofed up and there will be hell to pay.

If only it let us see that happening. I know I personally wanted to fuck his shit up from the first time he opened his mouth.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Gabe and Macha do make up over the whole Maledictum fuck-up.

Everyone is fighting for a spear that actually turns out to be the seal of a huge Khornate daemon, who is freed thanks to the carnage involved in getting to the spear, both Kyre and Inquisitor Holt are too retarded to live and a heretic for coveting xeno weaponry, the orks are hilarious as always and the three faction main heroes join up forces and defeat the massive daemon through the power of friendship(tm) and then go their merry ways.

And worse of all, they changed Diomedes' VA

Basically the writing is pretty bad, some chars look unrecognizable (the worse offenders being Jonah and Angelos), the voice acting is pretty bad at some points and they really shouldn't have used the Dawn of War books as a source.

>24h peak 5,5k
Why the fuck it's so dead?

It would be unfluffy and lore-rape to depict the Inquisition as anything other than retarded and strictly detrimental to the Imperium, only causing positive effects by total coincidence.

>Wonder why I don't have any doctrines available in campaign mode
>Realize I actually have to buy them for that mode
Why?

with skulls.
it's good numbers for an RTS. Compare that to
steamcharts.com/app/281610

I know I have to buy them, but why not have them specially unlocked or gradually unlocked for campaign mode alone?

Am I also blind or is there no form of autosave?

Aw yeah. Now give us some cute heretical lovin'.

that's more players than the older DoW games combined though.

RTS aside from Starcraft don't get as much people on the servers as before nowadays sadly

no, there isn't. I found that out the hard way on the traktor beam mission.
it's kinda funny that the only two rts games that are alive without running on nostalgia fumes are both relic's games.

>it's good numbers
Seriously?
steamcharts.com/app/364360

>comparing two games of different genres

>Also the grots in DoW3 are extremely adorable.

And I believed I was the only who thought that.

It's Orks. They're the sole redeeming value of the game, and a comedy gold mine.

"It's a gitfinda. It, uh, finds gits."

That does explain how Gabriel can do all those ridiculous acrobatics in the Terminator armor known to be especially difficult to maneuver in.

>I know I have to buy them, but why not have them specially unlocked or gradually unlocked for campaign mode alone?

Beats me. It's like they were considering making it F2P, changed their minds partway through, and then forgot to strip out the part corresponding to microtransactions.

>The tractor beam's main first weapon is insults
I wonder if that would actually work on other orks.

Knowing the Orks, it probably would.

Everything points to that, yes. There's also lots of Guardsmen in the campaign, and unlike DoW1 lasguns are depicted properly now.

>and then go their merry ways.
Or they blew up, it's kinda ambiguous.

Doesn't seem too likely since

1) Gabriel Angelos is pretty much the main character of the series, even Relic wouldn't be retarded enough to kill him off without even showing it. And that's not even taking into account how popular Gorgutz is...

2)The comic tie-in coming out next week pretty strongly suggests he's alive, the subtitle wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Yes, that is Tarkus on the cover there. Apparently Cyrus and Martellus will be showing up too.

Whoever does the Gretchin voice needs a raise.

Well aside from Gorgutz who was in every DoW1 game except the original, I could see them not coming back for the next expansion.

"Not coming back" and "killing off" are two entirely different things. Nobody had any reason to assume Gabe snuffed it between DoW and DoW2, after all.

>Please spoiler the story for me.
Gorgutz got his pointy stikk

>Yeah but boss, that's an Eldar weapon there. Who's to say it doesn't have magics that make it only work for the pointy-ears?
>IT'S A STICK AINT IT? SO POKE WITH IT!

Does anybody else like the whole mini-concert thing with waagh towers?

If Relic ever gets their shit together, they gotta team up Gorgutz with Bludflagg

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=D6lUjVLPU04

Frankly the Orks were the only good thing about the game. The loot-to-upgrade mechanics, the music, the WAAAAGH towers, the animations, the lines, a big step above Space Marines, and a bigger step above Eldar

Everything about the orks is pure gold. The comedy, the scrap mechanic (especially since you can use it to build vehicles for cheap), the gretchin, their missions are all the best.

Even Gorgutz's voice, while I really hate that they changed it and that he no longer sounds like Brian Drummond gargled sandpaper before working that day, is still a good voice and if that was his original I would've been fine with it.

Now that I think of it, does Relic also have some kind of fundamental inability to portray anything affiliated with Khorne properly? Sindri invoking him was kind of stupid, but an actual Bloodthirster resorting to extensive trickery to break out of his prison and spending more time drinking at the blood fountain than fighting is definitely off.

And Bloodthirsters definitely do not get that big, let alone shrink back down to their normal size for now apparent reason a few minutes later.

In fairness, Sindri was shit at his job.

Counterpoint: he was (as far as I know) technically Chaos Undivided. NamelessGiant Daemon was a Bloodthirster and therefore had to have been made directly by Khorne himself, he has no excuse.

This has to happen.

Toth was good.

He suspected the Blood Ravens because their action were bloody suspicious. He then worked with them when he had inquired enough to confirm that they weren't the issue.

I was under the impression that it was a daemon prince

Bluddflagg don't deserve getting duffed by pansies.

It looked like a bloodthirster to me, and I don't think Daemon Princes can be the size of a fucking spaceship.

Lichthirster was probably an unintended accident. The fact that its planetary prison was only used as a Tzeentch joke is evident to the idea that no one in the Warp had any intention of letting that freak out of its cage, assuming any daemon aside from Khorne even remembers it existing at all.

Which itself begs the question of how the Necrons did it, they aren't even supposed to know how to handle those things beyond "make it stop being alive". Especially since so far Relic has been using the Oldcron interpretation where they can barely even think without a C'Tan telling them what to do.

Khorne isn't an idiot, and neither are his Bloodthirsters. Even Bloodletters know how to use trickery to set up a backstab, though it's looked down on as weak. If it had been there for thousands I think it'd probably get sick enough to resort to underhanded means to escape.

The fountain though, I got nothing. Maybe it was thirsty.

Khorne would probably consider it lazy too,since that blood ought to be coming from something alive.

I assumed it was the collective blood of everyone that died fighting on that planet myself.

Maybe it's similar to a huge Tesseract Vault. Instead of sealing a C'tan shard, it's used to seal a large Bloodthirster.

Tesseract vaults that Grey Knights use to capture daemons are same the Necrons use to imprison C'tan, Necrons gifted them for some reason.

Sounds incredibly similar to the Warboys guitar/drummer combo from the new mad Max - which is so perfect

Oldcrons didn't have those, they were the C'tan;s bitches.

>and unlike DoW1 lasguns are depicted properly now

Care to elaborate?

>without running on nostalgia fumes
>relic's games

don't they shoot like Star Wars blasters now?

Also: I like the game a lot. It's far from perfect (not enough maps for instance), but it is fun, and the 'your dudes' feeling is present thanks to elites/doctrines except when you can't paint some elite units: WHY RELIC, WHY

I guess it makes sense that you couldn't paint a few Elites, but you'd think they'd have generic versions of them available in Multiplayer for that specific purpose like they did in DoW2- how hard could it have been to make a generic "Chapter Master" from Gabe's model or whatever?

>how hard could it have been to make a generic "Chapter Master" from Gabe's model or whatever?
It's not really a question of how hard it is.
It's a question of time and money being afforded to implement a feature like that.

People underestimate how much time goes into even the 'small' things. Wether or not it is really a small thing could depend on any number of factors.
Doing a different head might sound like an easy thing, unless you got to skin it to a facial rig or something.

What you see is always just the tip of the iceberg.

They could've just reused a helmet from the Terminator models.

like user said, it's not that simple
plus the Blood Raven logo would have remained, which is much more of a problem in my opinion

That was just an example.
You never know.

Sometimes you just have bad luck.
I had this beautiful thing set up once for a modular character system, shaders and textures and all ready to go. Could have done hundreds of different variations of a single enemy type with a simple script that randomizes colors and texture ids.
Anyway turns out the engine can only handle internal references within a prefab that wasn't spawned in runtime, meaning that all the parts of the characters would have had different skincolors on their heads, torsos and hands making the whole thing basically impossible without revamping the whole character creation or writing a bunch of new code that nobody had time for.

It's like any other software problem. Shit always comes back to bite you in the ass later.

Just saying. I never played DoW3 though.

Dow III-2 may feature newcrons. You know, since it is the current GW fluff and all.

Same reason why Kar'sarro Khan is White Scars only on the tabletop. They are named characters with their own histories.

Good point. Still if they could do it for the Force Commander model in DoW2...

>And Bloodthirsters definitely do not get that big

Yes, they do. A titanic BT appeared in the Webway Wars.

Inquisitor Toth from original DoW wa not that much of an ass

Do they? Must've forgotten about it. Still doesn't explain why it then inexplicably shrunk down afterwards, though.

Remember, the archetypical Inquisitor is Obiwan Sherlock CLUSEAU

Incompetence is not just expected it's required.

>Implying and of you fucking kids know who Inspector CLUSEAU is

I recognize the name, but I can't remember where it came from. It was from Pink Panther, right?

Maybe it lost a lot of blood when the planet exploded.

Motherfucker, the cutscene after the planet explode explains it.

It's still stupid either way.

They aren't solid beams anymore.