Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Iron Father Smashbane edition

Previous thread
>Daily Dunc
youtu.be/fkjC_VaOmPM

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

my dudes > your dudes

>tfw new edition can't make you any more random because you're already full random

2nd for Riptides aren't OP you're army just sucks

>6d6 range
>1d6 shots
>2d6 S
>1d6 BS
>the tank is old and no one know what do :^)

Roll 10d6, then roll another d6 and divide by that number, rounding down. Then roll another d6, on a 1-3 subract three hits, on a 4-6 add three hits.

>mfw I want to build lists and strategize but 8th's announcement has made 7th lame duck. No one wants to play or spend money, and I don't have enough info to even begin making an 8th list.

Who else is waiting for the other shoe to drop?
Been way too much good stuff revealed so far, just can't shae the feeling there's something big and bad looming.

I have all info you need right here
Pick couple of HQs, several troop squads in transports and some walkers for support
There, done. You will be able to play a little

>the entire point

What are you some kind of faggot who buys shit based on how good it is instead of picking and army and playing what YOU think is cool as shit? Any battleforged army that is legal right now has been said by GW to be legal in 8th, so how about you build and paint shit that YOU want to play.

Faggot

Okay so how much of that do you think is stuff he said compared to shit you just made up on the spot?

Man I hope Da dead shiny shoota makes it into 8th.
Assault 6 Twinlinked gun for 5 pts.
Yes please.

MFW assault terminators with thunder hammers will be able to delete an entire unit before it can react.

What's the point values then?
The same, higher, lower?
Or are you some ADD open play faggot?

>inb4 thunder hammer spam is the new riptide spam

>shooting buffed with twin linked
>shooting buffed with split fire
>shooting buffed with battleshock
>shooting buffed with disengagement
>shooting buffed with cover saves in close combat not working only on chargers

>melee buffed with 1" more of charging distance
>melee buffed with ????

>they know point-costs and rules of weapons
pliz gib moar info New GW(tm)

>shooting buffed with multiple overwatch

>shooting nerfed with automatic look out sir

Hope fully they are 50 points each or something absurd like that.

Good night, sweet prince.

Melee buffed by being able to shoot while you melee

I'm pretty sure Unwieldy weapons will get some sort of initiative modifier.

buffed with melee weapons according to their Facebook posts.

>Q: So a number of guns got even better. Is there no love for melee weapons? As an asside at some point will there be an article discussing how (or possibly if at all) Shooting and Melee have been balanced against one another because at the moment from what has been shown the already dominant shooting phase seems to have gained even more and the major weakness of melee, namely getting into melee before being shot to peices, has not really been addressed?
>A: We haven't seen many melee weapons yet, but trust us when we say some of them are.. well...rancid. Just wait until you see what Kharn the Betrayer's axe does...
>It's...graphic.

Harder to kill transports
Universal assault vehicles
Combining cover saves, ones that make you harder to hit without physically hiding behind things granting negative to-hit modifiers while hard cover adds to armor value
Always hitting first on a charge
The removal of blasts and templates keeping hordes from being wiped out as easily

And we're still waiting for extra transport rules as well as reserves.

There's the whole "can only shoot pistols while within 1" of an enemy" and "Cannot move within 1" of an enemy unit without charging them or consolidating into them".

So it looks like melee weapons get better stats in general than shooting weapons.

The initiative stat is gone though
My bet is on reduced number of attacks and/or chances to hit

that's actually a nerf

previously you had an additional attack for having a pistol in the same close combat phase you charged in, now that attack will be a shooting attack you can only do in your next turn, when the enemy will have, more than likely, disengaged

>mfw chainswords are AP-1
>mfw choppaz aren't

because you obiouvsly can just walk 1" within close combat now

They are 45 now.

And lo, everything was right in the world.

it makes plasma pistols and similar upgrades really interesting though, and it's much more intuitive

It's relevant here though because if an enemy unit is 1" away from your intended target you have to declare a charge against them too and take overwatch from them.

choppa reduced armor when armour modifiers were a thing

>Melee weapons get insane damage and buffs
>Never get the chance to get into combat to use them
>I have no mouth and I must scream

Bring back "ded killy" choppas!
Capping enemy saves at 4+.

Which is dumb and should not happen.

A fucking whirring chainblade is in no way the same as a shitty oversized rusted knife.

What if Slaanesh becomes a good guy because it is problematic to portray non-binary people as evil

3" pull more units into melee.

Seriously guys... Seriously. Melee is fine. Wait until you see this special character who's always been good in melee. Just fucking wait. Melee is fine.

I could live with Choppas being AP4 but granting 2 attacks instead of one and making the model S4 (at the expense of no furious charge)

My Orkz always drown the enemy with swarms of low initiative attacks, but one way that Space Marine player in my Meta messes with my chi is charging my Mobz with Tactical Squads when I get close so I don't get the bonuses of rage and furious charge.

I'm interested to see how Mob Rule works in this edition, seeing as battle shock is a thing.

All transports are now assault transports and turn 1 assaults are now a thing, you'll make it there just fine.

>implying we didn't already know this was going to happen

>(you)
How about you go get fucking bent

So do you just not have los-blocking terrain or transports?

Like joins the Tau?

Bad stuff like shooting being buffed, charges still being random, bigmarines etc.

Choppas arent knives.
Choppas are inches thick slabs of sharpened steel, even space marines struggle to wield.

Not to mention the buzzchoppas

Momentum and enthusiasm makes up for a lot.

I fail to see how this would cause even close to as much damage to armor as a chainsword.

How exactly is shooting buffed? Blasts and templates are no longer a thing and most guns have lost their AP.

Orks are a mass psychic race my dude. If they think it chops through armor better, it does.

>meme magic

because S4

>weaponized autism

Your failures are your own responsibility.

A chainsaw does not seem like the ideal armor-penetrating weapons. For that you typically want big and heavy, even if it doesn't punch through the armor it still has the shock of something that big and heavy impacting you. There's still a dude inside the armor, and hurting him without actually ripping the armor apart is a thing.

>Lady Atia's blog actually made an entire post showing GW's 'epic' FB responses to people making perfectly logical points about how stupid some of the new rules are.

It's confirmed by now that she's a literal paid shill right.

if you want to apply real world physics then chainswords should be even worse than sharpened dagger

literally who?

Because a chainsword has no edge to focuse power on,.
The axechoppa is FAR superior in terms of armour penetration, chainsword is only better vs meat and hide, it'll skid off metal and ballistic cloth will foul it up in seconds.

your grasp of physics is pretty shitty then. chainswords were never a compelling idea from the perspective of physics. cutting through anything remotely hard with a chainsaw is slow as shit, and even an "enhanced chainsaw" and "monomolecular teeth" etc. is still fucking bullshit. a chain is only as as strong as its weakest link, and the chain in a chainsword would fucking break.

of course if you're prepared to accept that a chainsword is hot shit in *this magic universe*, then there's no particularly good reason to suppose that a choppa can't also be mad haxx damage.

that's not how it works, their meme magic is overestimated. Don't believe 1d4chan

who is this Atia and why should I care?

it was confirmed when she stopped producing rumours exactly when gw started handling them by itself

Probably some tranny

Who now ?

I have no clue who the fuck that is but I agree with some of that. However it's generally not a burn. The one about the guardsman in front of Guillaman was a bit fucked because being able to kill a guardsman has nothing to do with prioritizing, but still.

And now that ICs can't join units they're still tanking things if they're the closest just like before. If they're behind the units then they'd never be able to eat a shooting attack for their unit.

The blogger seems like a cunt that's trying too hard to find epik burnz xdxd ecksdee, but who the fuck cares about some literally who with a twitter?

Naw it just nudges reality rather than break it.

So they are more likely to hit soft armour, find a crack or get it at Juust the right angle.

Waagh power is equal parts dumb luck, duct tape and wd 40.

I miss when they rolled down their windows to shoot. In space. How long ago was that? It feels like forever.

Literally who and why the fuck should I care?

>epic xd
>le burn
>let me take a photo of my screen

Ok so I looked up that Atia because I had no idea who the fuck she was, found some dumb blog, but one post was interesting though: apparently the Japanese can now buy random boosters of 3 "Marine Heroes".
Pic related.
Don't they look like the bigmarines?

Yeah, instead of that they die from sympathy shock during the Morale phase.

Theyre space marines on bandai-style sprues to try to appeal to japanese collectors

The new tractor terrain kit is actually pretty nice to put together in spite of being chinese shit like the sigmar terrain

The toolbox bit is my favorite thing

no

that only been out a couple of week hadsn't it?
good work

Lady Atia is a man who poses as a woman to get more attention from autistic manchildren.

At least Natfka admits to being a dude.

Look at this itty bitty toolbox that comes with the set. Loved painted it.

Do you guys think Grey Knights will get revamped soon or am I safe to invest?

They're getting Agents'd, just like the Sisters of Battle.

What do you mean?

>buying any kind of marinelets just before they're replaced with spiritualliegemarines

>getting turned into an irrelevant allies faction with only 2 or 3 units

So you're saying they are becoming obsolete and it's pointless for me to bother investing in them? That's a shame.

He's talking out of his ass.

How'd you figure that?

Yeah, and if you buy any GK units starting from the release date of 8e you'll be permanently banned from entering any FLGSes in your area and your IP will be banned on Veeky Forums.

d'awww

I wouldn't believe this. They are their own faction on the new website. Your safe to invest.

*you're

(fucking dyslexia)

Do not belive the words of the heretic, brother, for those who's will has been poisoned by doubt have strayed from the Emperors path.
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine to invest in Grey Knihts now. We just got a new character model, so I doubt we'll be squatted in any way. Also, we are usually unaffected by marine updates, much more so than the other marine codexes like dark angels or blood angels, since our basic marines are radically different from your basic tactical marine. Plus, our Terminators are a relatively new kit (I think?), and are IMHO, the bestlooking Terminators in the entire GW range.

matt ward pls go

GW team has already said that the factions shown on the website are not representative of the factions in-game.
They're there for narrative representation.

You cannot fathom the amount of hatred that burns inside me for that faggot and his daemonspawn of a Supreme Grand Master Kaldor Draigo.

Never question my faith again, or I will see to it that you burn for your sins.

there a mega link for books and short stories?

I agree with them looking the best. Which is why I want to invest. I managed to get a squad of GK's for £8 on sprue from a car boot sale. The only thing wrong with it was one had been part assembled. It also came with 5 pots of paint. Was pretty happy. Thinking of getting more as they look so cool.

Doubt they'll get scrapped, but they're quite limited in terms of units and gear so you might be better off taking them as allies

Also, post Grey Knights. This thread belongs to us now.