/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

Android Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
meteor.stimhack.com/
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/
anrsealed.com/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52285909/#52288135
dropbox.com/s/nqw91mk6f5lhzpe/Netrunner Classy Core Pack.7z?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=tepvHKTgdTM
youtube.com/watch?v=I82GQ7AsSD0
youtube.com/watch?v=7iXzAXidmzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WbOW2H9sBnk
youtube.com/watch?v=opdlIa4EX50
youtube.com/watch?v=gEhUcEbgGhg
youtube.com/watch?v=t3G8LOBOP7c
youtube.com/watch?v=YbaOgKIUWXU
youtube.com/watch?v=TjPOVVJEpeE
youtube.com/watch?v=j2KV05GEtWM
youtube.com/watch?v=pPC8nzIQAoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FUxIaT7mU2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=o3oxBZhYATU
youtube.com/watch?v=SGqvUVC6PXw
youtube.com/watch?v=HB-I8zjQ1Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=NIXOXs2vsV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alright, for some reason I can't create a thread with the snippet, so here it is half of it

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

Connection error

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

>TD Campaign cards (Spoilers)
Old Bread

With Caldera for last red sans datapack, what do we do with this?

Between Caldera and (as I've been lamenting too loudly for too long) Biometric Spoofing, I don't really what place that card has left really. At least for now.

As the author of both and that point in the old conversation:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52285909/#52288135

I'm thinking it's more that those of us that had no issue with playing bad pub and bad pub removal are also the ones giving thought to what it would mean to have more volatile bad pub. Others don't care that much really. For now.

>proxying an entire pack

I usually open up a word doc and drag the images from nrdb, then set the height to 3.48", the width to 2.45" before copy pasting them into a full 3 set. You could go ~0.02" less on both sides if the paper is too snug or pops out under the proxy card with clear sleeves.

Well, if you keep proxying cards eventually you'll have the entire pack proxied

I guess that could happen with enough time, though that would mean that you play all the factions enough to want to proxy all cardsin a single packs over proxying a card from a different one, especially since there's almost always 2 - 4 "dud" cards per pack.

I'm in love! Need to make an alt of that one.

Then take this

I'm a sucker for all the "shitty" edits.

Always bring a smile to my face.

I just remembered, I have all Runners card edited like this from some user. I used them back during OCTGN days. I'll try upload them somewhere.

For proxy-ing, I just replace the card to proxy by copies of cards I'm not playing.

Granted, I rarely have to proxy more than one card.

I mean, all Runners card in the core set. Plus a few Corps.

Let's see if you can access this dropbox.com/s/nqw91mk6f5lhzpe/Netrunner Classy Core Pack.7z?dl=0

Thanks a lot (that Noise!).

Noise is indeed awesome

What are some cards that you hope see more play once rotation hits and/or with the upcoming Red Sand releases? And do you think mill wins will be a viable option for runners once Jackson has been removed from the game?

Mill win isn't totally impossible - Fear the Masses decks have been hilarious for it, been a long time since Medium/Demo Run's been used for that specifically though. I do think it should be a difficult win condition.

Card I would really love to see come to something is Ekomind, but that's just wishful thinking. More likely some new Incubator target could be fun.

Love the Deva breakers but I don't think they'll ever amount to more than fun to play (would love to be proven wrong).

Corp side, Dockland Crackdown with the anti-econ suite looks like it *could* work. I think it's not far at all.

Oh, obviously He-3. That one HAS to work sometime before it rotates.

Given Caldera, Defective Brainchip with an increase in credible brain damage.

I'd love to see the Deva's pick up steam, but they do seem to be just fun play or one-off's in some decks.

I can see Dockland Crackdown maybe working in a Industrial Genomics deck, that would be pretty crazy.

Maybe we will see a functioning Fisk deck at some point. Maybe running with Equivocation and Top hats for added fun.

>He-3. That one HAS to work sometime before it rotates.
Well there's pic related which is pretty nice with it

>I can see Dockland Crackdown maybe working in a Industrial Genomics deck, that would be pretty crazy.

Between Dockland Crackdown, Scarcity of Resources, Students Loans, Water Monopoly - not to mention IG/Gagarin and thrash increase options - I think we're reaching a critical point.

That one looks like it has potential.

I wonder about it. MCAAP needs to be installed and with a power counter to be able to use He-3 on it. And to score it you need 5 clicks already.
Best case scenario I can think is to install MCAAP and keep it unrezzed. Next turn IAA He-3. And finally last turn, rez MCAAP, use click ability, and then AA-Score.
All this to get MCAAP ready for the next turn.
That's plenty of time for the Runner to fuck it all up.

If the runner is Noise, he would no doubt be a lot more dangerous once rotation happens.

Almost too cute to hate.

Almost.

Depends on the new tools. One of the reasons I find FtM so nice design-wise is that it doesn't insert that well in a classic Noise virus deck.

>And do you think mill wins will be a viable option for runners once Jackson has been removed from the game?
I honestly don't get why it hasn't been. 9 cards max shuffled in isn't a lot, there is no reason Jackson would've completely stopped mill decks. Now with the various Jackson replacements, maybe, but Jackson alone doesn't really do enough. Almost sounds like a meme at this point.

>9 cards max
Not since mumbad

Incidentally, there's some mention of the polar bear going extinct... but also of Jinteki bringing it (and mammoths, at least) back, so the "once" might be applying from either end

Howard is a secondary problem really, the biggest issue is that most of the time you have to *want* to go for the mill victory condition when running archives or a diminished R&D with magnified agenda density is a quicker way to victory.

Which is several cycles after Jackson. And yet whenever the topic comes up, it's always "maybe after Jackson rotates".

Sure, but the existence of different path to victory doesn't make mill decks less viable, just less preferable. Plus I don't know if I'd want mill decks to be fast enough that winning normally is the worse option, that sounds like no fun on either side. The current situation seems to have the best balance to me.

>Plus I don't know if I'd want mill decks to be fast enough that winning normally is the worse option

I definitely wouldn't, as I said I do think it should be a difficult win condition - and I say that as someone that loves playing them. But then as a consequence you have to acknowledge that milling is never going to be more than a secondary (as in support to another one) strategy, and decks that want to make it their main strategy will be going against the flow.

>Which is several cycles after Jackson. And yet whenever the topic comes up, it's always "maybe after Jackson rotates".

Jackson is ubiquitous (at least in the competitive meta). Other solutions less so. Makes sense that it would be the one card that comes to people's mind when talking about the issue.

>and decks that want to make it their main strategy will be going against the flow.
True, I agree. Back to the crux of the matter though, Jackson doesn't hose it completely because he still only handles 9 cards, which isn't a lot assuming you have a good mill plan going. I'm guessing I'm mostly preaching to the choir though, you're probably the one guy who recommends facing Fisk without Jacksons.

>you're probably the one guy who recommends facing Fisk without Jacksons.

You can't prove anything.

That *is* a learning experience though.

So what are the chances for the mini-faction runners in Cache format? Not having C&C stuff sucks, but they do have e-strike at least.

Personally I think they have a low enough card count that they can use all of their in-faction cards without counting the packs or deluxe box they're in. So they can still use C&C plus any in faction cards, but if they take any out of faction cards in D&D then only then that counts as their deluxe box.

It would be nice if it was clarified to be the case, especially considering they aren't rotating to begin with.

They would probably lose e-strike and tech writer though should that be the case.

Estrike would be a decent loss, but I don't think any of the mini-factions would care for losing Tech Writer.

Is anybody playing in the stimhack cache league?

I run a Fisquivocation deck, and it can work pretty well. Still pretty bad though, if you could Same Old Seminar it'd have better legs. SYN Attack could have given it the edge if they'd let the Runner choose the effect

It would free some influence but I rather pick it up again with Deja Vu.

Do we know what card is pic related?

It's one of the campaign cards, an user spoiled it a few threads back.

There's two versions, basically bounce from either remote to central, or central to remote.

First time the runner pulls that on unexpecting you is a "god damn" campaign moment.

That actually makes me sad I spoiled myself for it. Oh well.

There's still a good chance you won't even see it in your campaign, especially if are doing decently well.

Colossus is making me want to see if I can make BoN work - anyone got any tips?

Have some TD campaign card art

Anson does a lot of work, Firmware Upgrades do so too.
Pinging 1 meat damage and then Snaring and Prisec is still a real threat. I suggest Housekeeping to punish insta-speed installing.

Arming all servers quickly is really important to start pinging. Cleaners is worth the potential 3 steal loss, especially if you can score it. Also, 12 influence is really restrictive, so better choose a game plan that uses in faction cards well. I feel like remaking my BoN deck myself, something that preferably isn't as reliant on swamping the runner with tags due to how import heavy that strategy is.

Nice. It's one of those I like better than on the printed card.

How dumb is my idea to base a deck around pic related?
What would it need?

Traps
Back Channels
Mushin
Plan B?

He appears in Strange Flesh as a section head, under Hiro, in charge of Caprice (though Hiro's still the ultimate arbiter over her fate, and also the designer of her most special talents, something Sakai's not happy about, seeing as he did a lot of the grunt work like her eidetic memory), and in the WoA Jinteki introduction one of the old sitting directors of the Jinteki board mentions to Hiro that he's opposing him - which surprises Hiro

In term of awesomely ridiculous, I'll never not love the double Sakai swap trick. It's gloriously dumb.

With Estelle Moon now being a thing I wonder if I'm not going to try and give the poor guy a swan song.

You have to be careful with Moon, she could make you draw your deck if you use her too much

Alix Talbot would be better, but you have to click her

Now I'm wondering if there isn't something to do with Aginfusion and run redirection.

What, dropping people into infinite Sakai loops?

An NA/FA plan maybe with Trick of Light?

Bump

Would be interesting if his rotation story has him getting 'retired' by the Chairman, directly or otherwise.

Perhaps Caprice does the deed and is forced to go on the lam, perhaps being hunted by her sister named D, or going insane from feeling all of them being recycled.

Idk, there is that #1 Hall of Fame deck in netrunnerdb that features him and only use 3 rotation cards in the original build that can be replaced with newer stuff.

Might not be tier 1, but it can still probably work once his nemesis is out of the picture.

Yup. That's stupid, but hey, if starting with a stupid idea, might as well go all the way.

It does remain a last ditch solution against a supercharged ambush right before access against Jemison.

It's much better for Geist naturally as well.

Cheaper too with all the traders out.

But then Recon Drone working only on accessed cards and Biometric Spoofing being also a trash effect makes the former even more narrow in use.

That's true enough, especially when there can be 3 of them on the table, and its effectively 1cred/damage as well.

Back to the binder then poor robot bird.

I think it has value in a Psychic Field/Snare dominated meta, it'll have its time. Does it prevent the damage from Chrysalis too I wonder?

I think Caprice is too deeply integrated into Android lore to go anywhere, but Sakai being manoeuvred elsewhere might be cool for rotation.

As for the other execs (that came out in Spin), Mills, she's still around on Public Support, but Reina's gunning for her as of Monster Slayer. Jackson we've had a confirmation that he'll stick around in some form (what with being based on Damon's nephew), and no-one cares about Isabel McGuire (though she is mentioned in the Siedr fluff in the TD rules, and there's a message from her in WoA)

That card really makes me sad.
I really like the base idea, system-wise, and I love the fluff around, but then just along with it they release cards that make it SO hard to justify its use.

>Chrysalis

Interesting one, worth asking. I'd go with yes myself, but better the voice of god...

I think we have a similar case in Imp vs archangel. In that case it is said that the ICE is not accessed while the encounter last. This means little recon drone can't prevent chrysalis.

That would be weird... given runner triggers happen first, why wouldn't the runner be allowed to trash Archangel with Imp before it fires?

Compare with bypassing Tolbooth with Femme Fatale.

Different case, recon drone ability is not on accessing, it's prevention. If we follow the timing structure you get the Runner's on accessing effect (which are none), and then Chrysalis', which triggers an encounter. The runner stops accessing the card and starts the encounter. During the encounter the sub will do net damage to the runner. Then the encounter ends and the runner goes back to accessing the card, being able to trash it and finishing the access.

Yes, wasn't disputing that one, it's the Imp/Archangel ruling I find kinda weird.

It's the same ruling. The window to use Imp is not on access, it's during access (in other words, any time the runner can pay to trash an asset/upgrade). This means that on access happens first, Snares snares, shocks shocks, etc. And then payment to trash can be paid.

Man, did anyone EVER use McGuire?
I mean, I can think of at least 2 uses that seem good - resetting campaigns and un-parasiting ice, and maybe moving something?
But I've never even heard of her being used, let alone seen it.

I think it's fair to say
Jackson >>>>[literally all 'ultra-competitive deckbuilding']>>> Mills >>[jank tier]>> Sakai >>>>> McGuire

>The window to use Imp is not on access, it's during access (in other words, any time the runner can pay to trash an asset/upgrade).

That's what I find weird. The implication is that "when you access", you're not accessing.
Which creates a distinction that did not exist in the original timing structure (though it's been amended), and I find somewhat flimsy.

We had one player that tried building something with her, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

You mean in Archangel text? Yeah, because when you access it, it triggers and you stop accessing it until the encounter ends.
That you can't access and encounter the same card at the same time it's a distinction specified nowhere in the rulebook.

If you mean Imp, it doesn't mention "when" at all, just to trash a card you access.

This game is the worst game ever without background music. Recommend me some songs to play this game to,.

What genre are you looking for? I have pretty different playlist depending on who I play/am building for.

I play mostly daft punk and the glitch mob, but I understand others have darker tendecies towards cyberpunk music.

Crims I tend to go for old jazzy trip hop things.

youtube.com/watch?v=tepvHKTgdTM
youtube.com/watch?v=I82GQ7AsSD0
youtube.com/watch?v=7iXzAXidmzQ

Shapers a lot colder, generally ambient electronic:

youtube.com/watch?v=WbOW2H9sBnk (this one is my official Chaos Theory track for some reason)
youtube.com/watch?v=opdlIa4EX50
youtube.com/watch?v=gEhUcEbgGhg

Anarchs are all over the place, as long as there's some aggro to it:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3G8LOBOP7c
youtube.com/watch?v=YbaOgKIUWXU
youtube.com/watch?v=TjPOVVJEpeE

For corps, well;

youtube.com/watch?v=j2KV05GEtWM
youtube.com/watch?v=pPC8nzIQAoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FUxIaT7mU2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=o3oxBZhYATU
youtube.com/watch?v=SGqvUVC6PXw
youtube.com/watch?v=HB-I8zjQ1Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=NIXOXs2vsV8

Apologies to your ears..

So, think everyone's getting new BP tuff, or are those going to come tied over two cycles?

>McGuire?
The moment I was planning to use McGuire, Tenma Line was released. So no.

P E R T U R B A T O R

I think the problem with her is that a single remote is already relatively hard to maintain if you're not EtF, let alone two with one containing assets you'd rather not see trashed. Compare to the Campaign + BBG with Friends plan where you'd love to see them trashed so you could Friends them back in.

McGuire's problem is more cards like Friends in High ¨Places making here somewhat obsolete.

While true, it's not like she's particularly viable for hyperefficient builds anyway. 3 clicks to reinstall Campaigns, additional credits for install and rez cost for moving ice... Not great. Even Security Subcontract is arguably better.

>3 clicks to reinstall Campaigns
It'd be 2, surely?

>Playing Hasty CI
>Runner at 2, me at 4
>GFI, Reclamation, Hasty, and Accelerated in hand, 3 Shipment from Sansans in Archives
>if I Reclamation for Sansan, I can score GFI next turn
>last click install Fairchild 3.0 to tax out HQ runs
>Runner Legworks first click, steals 4 points
>somehow has just enough for the final run
>right before he accesses, realize that I could've won last turn by spending Efficiency Committee counters I forgot I had
>runner steals the last 2 points

Misplayed so bad I can't even get mad.

Just finished a TD run, it was fun but felt a bit imbalanced in favour of the corp, especially while one player had a lead on sets unlocked.

Anyone else had this issue?

We were playing Scorpios and Stevo

I'm like 85% sure that's the same guy as pic related - guess that's where he got compromised at

Sadly it's a common complaint.

Strange, it is possible for runner to dominate the campaign at times, but yeah it does depend on the luck of the draw in many cases. Seidr on the face of things would probably have the easiest time.

Certainly Alya (esp with early MO out) would have a better chance vs Scorps for one thing.

MO?

Magnum Opus.

Let me tell you that MO, although it helps a lot, relying on it as the main source of econ can stump the grow of the Runner's boardstate. It needs some burst econ to compensate.

She would have a hard time vs Seidr since she can't stop biotic 3/2s, but she probably has a much easier time to setup for multiple maker's eyes/DDMs and remote camping at least. And she does have gambles and can splash stimhacks as well (good for meeting that launch campaign objective I guess?).

For people that played the campaign, how many of you have actually seen the corp hit E. or F.?

I played Seidr and accidentally derped out and hit F (the 20cred one) towards the end. It's tedious but not too terribad if there are creds to spare, and not having to care about the credit limits actually made things easier in the final games. The corp would pretty much have to deliberately trigger E, since drawing extra cards isn't usually a good idea without Jackson around to begin with.

Exhaustion mistakes are the worse and best all rolled into one.

I do think they've been way too generous with corp E. and F.