Campaigns you'll never get to play in

>tfw your GM will never be enough of a history nut to run a complex and enjoyable Carmen Sandiego campaign using Gumshoe.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailydot.com/upstream/gina-rodriguez-carmen-sandiego-netflix/?fb=dd
youtube.com/watch?v=CvnD5i4wkx0
youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE
youtube.com/watch?v=6pRVvuIWXG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw your players will never be into history enough to let you run a complex and enjoyable Carmen Sandiego campaign using Gumshoe

It's a similar kind of feel.

On the bright side, I get to use my knowledge of Carmen Sandiego to embarrass 40K fags, particularly Chaosfags.

How easy is it to find people who would want to play Phoenix Command?

What if Cypher had to hunt down Carmen? Or vice versa?

Cypher is actually the son of the two lost primarchs: Waldo and Carmen Sandiego. Only the Emperor knows where they are so Cypher is slowly making his way to Terra to ask him.

Someone post that Where's Waldo gif

You know the one.

I can't find it.

I actually don't...

Ha.

We had her in a Dark Heresy game.

We never finished due to outside issues, but at the point we had left off, she had stolen the Imperial Palace and the supposedly the Void Dragon.

Why the fuck would I use gumshoe anyway for anything?

Can I get a quick rundown on this scarlett harlot?

On... Carmen Sandiego?

Were you a sheltered child, anonymous?

She's the titular character of an old series of immensely popular educational games. She had her own TV game show and I think a cartoon.

She's essentially a master thief, and you learn Geography /History / Astronomy by tracking down her or her flunkies through the world /Time / Space.

Not just a "master thief," an impossibly good thief capable of stealing just about anything. Even if you don't think it should be possible to steal it.

Like stealing the Statue of Liberty, or the Grand Canyon, or the concept of alphabetical order.

>stealing... the Grand Canyon
Does that leave an even bigger canyon, from her stealing the material making up the existing canyon, or did she somehow steal the open space defining the canyon and leave flat ground behind?

It's an old series of educational games and TV shows. The point is to make you ask that question, and hopefully make you chuckle at the absurdity of it.

I mean, fair enough. I guess I'm just wondering whether they either show you what the location previously containing the Grand Canyon looks like after it's been stolen, or else show you what exactly she possesses afterwards that you need to take back. But I can accept they have no need to go into any detail about that sort of thing.

Not him, but I'm not American and therefore was not exposed to the same things growing up. I'd never heard of Carmen Sandiego before coming to Veeky Forums.

Wait, space? I had/played the time and world ones, and watched the gameshow and cartoon, but this space one is new to me. I NEED this now. And I didn't know I did until you said something.

Netflix is giving it a remake:
dailydot.com/upstream/gina-rodriguez-carmen-sandiego-netflix/?fb=dd

Let's go with 'Exalted Solar equivalent thief'.
Sidereals will kick you into a metaphor, Carmen will be there and steal your pants, your meaning AND your limelight.
And she'll then flee into an other language.

Which one

I'm British. It used to be on the telly here as well.

Where are you from?

I hope it's a TimeWatch game.

Finland. We had Moomin and talking dog puppets when I was a kid.

> tfw too young to have seen the carmen sandiego shows, only have fuzzy memories from playing an educational video game about her
It's an abstract kind of feel

We also had Moomins. We may never forgive you. The Groke haunts my dreams even now.

>Moomins
namdog.gif

>Which one
The one with the guy from the Star Trek movie.

I never realized until now what a perfect couple Carmen Sandiego and Wally made.

Thank you Veeky Forums.

Homegirl Carmen Sandiego was such a stone cold baller she could steal not the Mona Lisa, but just its best part, the smile. Or the shine from the crown jewels. Or the recipe for Coca Cola.

She usually stole items, but she was perfectly capable of stealing concepts.

I really want to run out play in an elder scrolls rpg with people i know in real life, but i know all of them would okay it like a bog standard D&D game or "Skyrim but with dice", and that's the complete opposite of what i want. I also don't want to play online, so I'm probably never going to get a chance to play it.

She is the best thief in fiction, bar none.

Her thefts include but are not limited to:
- The Mona Lisa
- The SMILE from the Mona Lisa
- The shine of the Hope Diamond
- The Statue of Liberty
- The Portuguese Language
- Tai Chi
- The Mason-Dixon Line
- The American Revolution
- ALL the salt in the Dead Sea
- The BEST coffee
- The Moon
- The Milky Way Galaxy

It's worth noting that the point of the game is usually to get something BACK from her, not stop her from stealing something. Generally speaking, as soon as she wants something, she has it.

More importantly, Carmen is explicitly half-assing literally all of this, intentionally leaving behind clues for the people tracking her to find, because she finds it personally amusing.

The concept of a Carmen who was actually taking the situation serious is...terrifying.

Also for the record she stole this image, as it was originally a different character but it's been re-colored to be Carmen. So she can affect the real world.

FUCKING YES.

There's a guy running it as a sorta LP on Something Awful.

Every time I finally get the theme song out of my head, Veeky Forums goes and makes a new Carmen thread

>Where
>in the world
>is
>CAR
>MEN
>SAN
>DI
>EH
>GO

Tell me

I actually always liked the Where in Time theme...

youtube.com/watch?v=CvnD5i4wkx0

Also I think "Chronoskimmer" is my favorite name for a time machine ever.

I really feel that an educational game is the wrong place for carmen sandiego.
She should be chased in either an over the top way going on kooky adventures with vampires and shit, or an extremely serious noir detective should be after her.

Did anyone else ever play that one Carmen Sandiego videogame on the PC? The one where you had to go to the android to get warrants?

Didn't Veeky Forums decide at one point Carmen Sandiego could kill the Chaos Gods by stealing the Milky Way Galaxy until they basically starved to death? I vaguely remember that being a conversation that happened.

Are these two the lost Primarchs that ran away because daddy Emprah forbid their love?

She's canonically stolen said galaxy, so yes, she could theoretically do that.

Why stop there?
Why not steal... TIME?

youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE

>- The Milky Way Galaxy

How?

Yeah - I was the original Carmenfag from the beginning and made this comic, , when it was clear that Carmen beat Chaos. In fact I was the one who came into the original thread (which was some kind of power level "who's the strongest" thing) and told everyone that they were wrong, that Carmen is the most powerful being in fiction (admittedly I mostly did this because I like to guide repetitive threads in new directions, but it worked out). Then that thread and a subsequent one basically became me and gradually nearly everyone else who was bothering to contribute, demonstrating to one sad Chaosfag that his gods aren't even speedbumps to the sheer insanity that is Carmen Sandiego (and it didn't help that the particualr chaosfag was grossly overstating Chaos' power to begin with - i.e., presuming that it's easy for a daemon to break into the materium at any point and just explode out of Carmen, when canonical fact is that a daemon crossing into the materium ranges from "really hard" to "outright impossible" throughout most of the Milky Way - that's the entire reason Chaos is bottlenecked at various points, after all).

Honestly, Carmen stealing the Galaxy is perhaps the least elegant solution, if for no other reason than it's just a repeat of something she's already done. I'd rather she did something unique to the 40K universe.

Industrial-strength hoover.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

youtube.com/watch?v=6pRVvuIWXG4

Happens at 2:01. Technically speaking it's Robo-Crook, but he's a minion of Carmen's, and he does it with a device that there is no reason Carmen herself couldn't operate. Plus if the Ruinous Powers get their daemons, then Carmen gets V.I.L.E.

>Carmen
"Ugh! My back is killing me! I knew buying a chair that was on sale at Skelly's Super Savings was going to be a bad idea. What does a skeleton know about comfort anyway? This just won't do at all. How can I run a criminal empire like V.I.L.E. if my spine feels like it's going to fall out all the time?"

"...Wait, I know! There's a chair that will suit my posterior perfectly...as soon as I steal it! I think I'll bring in...Adeptus Ineptus!"

>Adeptus Ineptus
"Ave et salute, Mistress Carmen! I look forward to devoting the full breadth of my technomantic prowess to your wicked cause!"

>Carmen
"...I have no idea what that means. But no matter! I'm sending you through the time port to Holy Terra in the 30th millennium. There's something very special I want you to steal."

>Adeptus Ineptus
"Veni, vidi, requisisti!"

>Carmen
"Good! ...I think. This info beam will give you all the details. Now get going!"

"ORDO CHRONOS! Adeptus Ineptus has just stolen something from the past!"

"...and there ain't jack shit we can do about it, because we don't actually have access to reliable time travel!"

"In 28 minutes, history will change forever!"

And that's why Carmen wins. You can't beat someone who has access to reliable time travel if you yourself don't also have access to reliable time travel.

What, did you think the Blood Ravens were really Thousand Sons descendants?

Aren't Ordo Chronos the Ordo that just vanished ?

Did she steal them ?

>something unique to the 40K universe.
Like that time she stole the squats?

She'd steal Chaos itself.

Just found this thread while shitposting and waiting for my history major GM to finish up a paper. He has agreed to take the challenge. Will post results.

>Implying she didn't already steal Malal.

damn... that sounds awesome. Now I want to play that, too :(

Gave me a thing for older women in trench coats.

I got the cartoon, so this Spanish spy MILF in a red hat and red trench coat basically steals things relevant to the early education of American schoolchildren, like Alphabets, historical monuments and art, and then disappears into geographical locations. There's a group of ambitious kids that are trying to hunt her down and get the stolen object/concept back, this usually involves them tracking her through national capitals or world wonders, pointing out where they are and what they're at along the way.

I wrote an Exalted campaign based on her once.
A Sidereal had gone rogue, and just started stealing things for fun. She even went around leaving clues about her plans.

The players would have been other Sidereals, tasked with tracking her down and stopping her before she can complete her grand plan; to steal the Scarlet Throne itself.
(Not that she wants to be Empress, she just wants the throne for her collection)

Never got to play it though. And I can't remember where I left my notes.

They're too mismatched. That sophisticated, talented beauty, with some indie dork that dresses like a douche for pub crawls and other group activities? Never.

Adding Carmen to the 40k universe would super-empower tzeentch.

They were probably stolen.

THEN DO IT YOURSELF YA DINK

I like it

Because what possible attraction could a master thief have to an interdimensional sight seer who can open up holes in time and space with his walking stick.

Wally's main goal in life seems to be to see all that there is to see. Not just in the world, but beyond that. Not just other worlds or other times but further still to places not found on maps of the land or the chars of the stars. He has walked many paths, seen more than any other mortal, knows things not strictly meant to be known by mere humans. He has left foot prints buried in the ash of Pompeii and on the cold sands under starless skies at the end of time.

They are of a very small handful of people with those inhuman shared experiences.

When you've watched the Earth die in the nova of the sun's ending you probably stop wondering if that stripy jumper really goes with that hat.

OP, FP, skype, messenger services and chatrooms exists for a reason you know.

Thought about maybe sharing your contact details with each other?

Forget concepts, she's stolen entire periods of time.
As in literally just walks off with the middle ages under her arm.

GUMSHOES! CARMEN HAS STOLEN PORTUGUESE! (this actually happened once)

shes done that as well

>indie dork that dresses like a douche for pub crawls
Have you ever even read a Where's Waldo

That outfit is tame for his universe.

>that Carmen is the most powerful being in fiction

She eventually stole his training regimen and did it to completion, then steal the only formula to have hair while keeping her newfound strength.

Carmen is such a monster.

Bitch please.
She stole his hair.

>starts swinging to punch Carmen
>the swinging animation just continues forever for him because Carmen has stolen his punch

>She steals the Punch from One Punch Man
Beautiful

So being Carmen Sandiego, I'm to going to out on a limb here and assume she could also steal someone's Stand.

she can steal ANYTHING

>start swinging punch
>blackness
>blackness neverending
>carmen stole the animation cells

>Saitama and Genos embark on a worldwide road-trip to get the punch back.
>Genos is the only one that really cares
>Saitama keeps picking fights with random thugs too enjoy it

It's actually "cels".

Here's the redpill: Carmen Sandiego used to be the top detective in ACME Detective Agency, kind of like Jr Interpol but with better tech and agents and arrest records. She was SO succesful, she more or less stopped international crime. And she then she got bored.
Like really bored.
Like holy shit you couldn't be more bored while still living.

So, out of boredom, she turned her impossible detectivery into criminality and founded VILE, which is THE crime organization in Carmen's Earth. Despite all logic being against it as Carmen admits herself on multiple occasions that she has a 'soft spots for idiot crooks' and filled her organization full of them.

VILE and Carmen then go to steal all the shit listed here and then some while Carmen intentionally leaves clues behind because, again, she's bored and doing this for the lulz.

Genos seems like the kind of guy who would be super into solving Carmen's clues imo

Saitama just ends up traveling the world with Genos to try out new foods

It makes a weird sort of sense that a former cop would have a soft spot for stupid criminals.

I think part of it is everyone is stupid to her, and she find them just adorable. I mean just look at wonder rat.

>idiot crooks
I have a personal theory that the crooks get caught, spend a few years in jail and on release they get hired by groups like ACME because face it, anyone that could steal half of the world entire anchovy population is gotta be highly skilled.

Carmen is turning their lives around and setting them up for a life after crime.

I bet neither of them are actually history nuts.

Nah man, Ms Frizzle and Carmen is where its at.

>Implying Carmen can't steal Frizzle's heart

Saitama would probably make some completely unrelated comment that somehow sets Genos on a ten-minute train of logic that leads to him solving the puzzle.

Genos, of course, assumes that Saitama had already solved it and gave him the clue on purpose.

At the end, after they'd found her, Sai and Carmen have a nice chat about ennui and part ways on good terms because they understand one another.

Can Carmen Sandiego steal the concept of stealing, and thus be unable to steal, because the concept itself has been stolen?

No, because she'd have it.

>Best thief in the world because she stole the concept of stealing, and is thus the only one capable of thievery

Really made me think

Do you have more like this?

Oh nooo! How will the world survive without nasally Spanish?

UPDATE GUMSHOES! CARMEN HAS STOLEN THE UMLAUT FROM THE GERMAN LANGUAGE