Connected to LEONet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Seattle_Gang_Territories.mapsft
>Warehouse_284919.mapsft
>Satellite_Imaging_Access.zdf
>Toxic_Clouds_map_seattle.mapsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 20 (25% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chummer, where the frag are you?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Flying_Over_Fields.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Cartography edition

What do you use in your games?
The r20 map tool?
The Doorkickers map editor?
Photoshop?
Paint?
Freehand drawings?
Or only TotM?

Other urls found in this thread:

images.google.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How many TF2 characters have you statted for Shadowrun?

There's a bunch of people in the gamefinder asking for SR games, if anyone is looking for players.

It's never players for SR that seem to be lacking omae. It's GMs.

What does your runner do for fun chummers?
Do they play videogames, maybe the lotto? Read books? Masturbate excessively? Drink? Socialize?

Go on trips.

Wiz, whats his favorite destination? Or is it just a walkabout with no goal?

France.

What do you do in france? Local women? Sample cuisine? Tell me about these trips, I just sit in my 200 nuyen flat and use BTLs for fun.

Fingerbang pixie bunraku dolls

My character likes to go fishing at his cabin in the woods with his waifu. They don't get to do it often, but it's still something he appreciates every time he can get away from Seattle.

I've actually considered a campaign for my runners to take out each of the mercs. I thinm Engie would be a perfect Rigger

Watches crappy action flicks mostly.

Does 'try to be surrogate father for the technomancer kid they rescued from a lab' count as fun?

My players are pursuing a target that is escaping to Aztlan. Has anyone ever run a Shadowrun campaign or mission in Aztlan anywhere? I don't mean Texas, I mean deep in South America Aztlan.

I have the original FASA Aztlan sourcebook, but would be curious in learning more if possible from someone else's experience.

do everybody just run in Seattle? I know it's the go-to city but there's so much more to the setting

I'm trying to build up enough of a setting to run a campaign in Houston in the CAS, but it's taking a while. So much background to read up on spread across different editions because fucking CGL won't put out anything that's not about Seattle!

Then again, I should probably be happy they don't.

I'm running in the AGS, but yeah. As said there is information on Seattle, some major cities and mostly nothing outside of that, unless you want to take (possibly outdated) FASA material

>That is the map I uploaded a year ago when I started gming.

I'm glad I was able to show door kickers to others. if youput no effort in it you still can get some good stuff out of it where if you really did try you could make a good deal of things with it

shame that at the later half of the game I started to get burnout so over making maps I just looked around the workshop and use those but still they was great

I run my most of my games in the ADL specifically in Berlin. Which is fun since there are many sources for the ADL and we all live in Berlin.

I have a 3'x4' whiteboard, put it on the table and sketch most maps on the fly.

Got any more of these Maps, OP?

The Spy would probably have to be a Decker due to all the technological advances. It's not enough to just fool the person anymore.

I might have a few laying around
if only you invite me to your game

>implying he wouldn't be a filthy mage scum with Trid Phantasm

Here is a few when I first started gming I don't have all of the maps i used because I needed space for roll20 and I didn't think of saving them but if your looking for something I could make one real fast for you its not that hard honestly.

I'm not running a SR game right now but I will in the future. My oWoD game was in need of warehouse map with fuel containers.

That's pretty good, thank you user.

So something like op's map but with something smaller like drums?

I don't mind oWoD

Alright. Got free time during Fridays, 8pm GMT-4, for a game set in Hueland?

There you go.

Thanks again, user.

Nah, magic is lame.

One thing to keep in mind is that depending on the map ranges for stuff might not work out or my scale oddly.

That would be 4pm est my time I could do that what are you doing when it comes to RP? Voice? text?

I do 1 or 2 more just in case people find this annoying

1/2

2/2

For a note for anyone who does have doorkickers but don't know how to handle the red dots and want to make the blackwalls a other color try using gimp and the color selector to turn the red dots black or what ever color you want same for the walls.

no seriously where's the discord you can't mean that autistic shit about staying anonymous

And again chummer,
You want one?
Make one

Listen here
There is no fucking discord because no one on this thread needs or wants this crap
Now move on

Sharing my top secret DM plans for if I run a shadowrun campaign.
When The Great Fierrie died, Flavortown was split into 5 regions for his 5 sons. Flavortopia has been in a state of civil war ever since.

Dude, if the entire thread was tripfags, this place would be awful. The only thing that any of us would get out of it is that it'd be easier to contact Yekka if you wanted help with a chummer5 bug and me if you wanted to shout at me for not doing the one thing I tripfag here for.

Seriously, as a fucking hypocritical twat using a name and identifying code on a supposedly anonymous internet forum, I can safely say that you don't want to be able to pick people around here out in a crowd.

>wants to talk about Shadowrun
>not autistic

Yeah ok

Use the leddit shadowrun discord.

What's a good name for my setting's "totally not the Spice Melange from Dune" equivalent?

Don't you dare say Seasoning

Zest

Barsoom

Cyber-pepper?
Arcane-condiment?

On a more serious note, does it have to be spice-like? Would something gaseous fit the bill? 'Cause that opens a lot of options.

Mehhh, you can already get hold of me pretty easily, I lurk in these threads more or less constantly. I don't have a lot of interest in joining another thing.
Sappho?

Made in Flavortown

It can be found or processed in any state of matter so go nuts

Life.

Fieri
Sounds mysterious, Also sounds like a fuelsource, boom. perfect name.

If you had to work alone, which role would you rather be?

Arcane vapor
Vespene
Could just call it the gas, like how Dune took an ordinary word like spice and made it a big deal just with context.

Or look up "spice" in another language and say those guys discovered it.

Mage. I hate to say it, but Mage or MysAd because slinging spells can get you everything but paydata.

>What do you use in your games?

Kaihō
It's "release" in the "set free" sense.
Secondary meaning is to deallocate memory.

so TotM?
perfectly valid choice

>What do you use in your games?
GIS for appropriate floor plans, clean them in Photoshop, upload to Roll20 and apply markup.

>GIS
What's this?

Thanks a bunch /srg/. I tried to use Doorkickers, but both the game and it's editor didn't click with me and I noped out of it after the first couple hours.

If you have more, keep 'em coming.

>images.google.com/

>help me anons, I give up at the first sign of difficulty

>it's a 'melee is a fucking joke when a nigger can just shoot twice every turn' episode

>had trouble grasping it and set it aside after a couple of hours
>thanks someone for presenting an easier alternative
>"gave up at the first sign of difficulty"
>say he's asking for help when he's not

I sure do love when anons waste a piece of the post limit on pointlessly antagonizing other people.

He spends a lot of time at wiz concerts, getting debilitatingly high and staring at the pretty colors on the astral. If he needs some fresh air and a way to stretch his legs, he'll take walks in Golden Gate Park and maybe drum up a spirit or two for some friendly conversation.

Beyond that, he'll sit in his apartment and smoke weed while playing AR games.

Stop playing 4e.

Go lose another war so we can take Pegasus as reparations.

>primitive ass melee weapons losing to guns
who'd have thunk

The spirit of the honorable samurai is hardly 'primitive', you baka gaijin.

I want to run a shadowrun game. I'm trying to find out which ed is best. What would you guys say?

Best? Probably SR4 with some 5e-based houserules.

That you'll actually find people playing? SR5.

Do not buy the books, read the OP.

Do you or anyone in the group have previous experience with SR? Use that edition.

All newbies to it? Use 5e. Easiest to get help for when you're stuck (and stuck you *will* get. repeatedly.)

I'm not planning to. And player wise, I have the players already and we just chose the game.

They say 2e has good fluff. Is that true?
Anniversary edition 4e or normal?

Just play SR5, desu.

If you're gonna do SR4, then it's SR4A.

Hmh. I do actually have one player that has experience with shadowrun. I'll ask which edition. Otherwise it's 5e I guess. Thanks guys.

pistol rounds costing same as machinegun rounds sounds retarded
does anbody have a houserule for that?

Did you forget what century it is? Use a gun, old timer.

Yekka, the Lash and Slash spells from Forbidden Arcana are incorrectly listed as Manipulation spells, not Combat.

LASH
COMBAT SPELL (INDIRECT)
Type: P Range: LOS Damage: P
Duration: I Drain: F
SLASH
COMBAT SPELL (INDIRECT, AREA)
Type: P Range: LOS (A) Damage: P
Duration: I Drain: F + 3
Depending on the mage’s tradition, Lash can
manifest as a whip, a tentacle, a vine, or even a
stream of water. No matter the form, however,
Lash stretches across the divide between cast-
er and target, striking them with incredible force.
For every two boxes of unresisted physical dam-
age this spell does, the target also takes one box
of stun damage. Lash affects a single target, while
Slash affects an area.

Fix'd.

Question. In SR3e, can Adepts use non-Weapon foci? And if yes, would an Adept using a Power Focus gain extra Power Points equivalent to its Force?

Not proficient in 3rd edition, but if it was the 5th I'd say that a power focus wouldn't give an extra PP but rather increase the dicepool for magic abilities like wallrunning.

You could introduce something like qi foki if you want extra powers

I'm not sure what's doing it, but when I make a character and try to add Power Points to a MysAd, it's not actually subtracting the karma that it's supposed to cost.

Yeah, I just checked, apparently Power Foci in 3e do exactly what you said - increase dicepool for Magic Attribute tests rather than actually increasing the Attribute.

What do you do when you're a complete idiot and can't into strategizing at all?
There's so many different called shots/skills/items to use it's hard to keep track of them and I keep finding myself in shitty situations where I almost die.

first: what archetype?
Second: for most stuff there are cheat sheets. For 4e they are in the pastebin, for 5e they are the Hayek Sheets in the Mediafire/MEGA

>captcha: Anger VILLAGE
Bear Totem Settlement?
Long Term study on the effects of Kamikaze?

In your opinion, what are the most vital contacts to have for each archetype?

For my first character, I did a sheet where I wrote all the special little rules and pieces of gear I had and what they could be used for.

Talk with your GM and the other players as well. Your characters knows things that you don't, as they are supposed to be competent professionals. When my players are about to do something dumb, that their characters would not even think of, I let them know.

Doesn't matter who you are, a fence is invaluable.

>Sammy
Armorer
Quartermaster
Drug Dealer
Street Doc (very important)
Smuggler

>Mage
Talismonger
Enchanter
Quartermaster
Mentor

>Decker
Data Haven
Smuggler
Electronics supplier
Street Doc
Junkyard owner (for parts)

>Rigger
Vehicle seller
Someone to park your car with (Mob/Gang/other shady places)

>Face
LOADS
OF
CONTACTS
As a face you need a lot of different contacts so that you have lots of ways to gather information

And generally you need a fixer or two

What about for an Adept? Are they more Mages or more Sammies?

I have two. Street Samurai and Rigger.
Generally I'm more into loud open combat than anything subtle.

I'd say more mage than Sammy
Talismongers and Enchanters for Weapon Foci
Quartermasters for various stuff and whatever weapon foci he has lying around
Mentor is not that important crunch wise since you don't make a test to learn powers, but fluff wise it could fit

From the sammy list
Armorer and Quartermaster for Weapons, Weapon foci and Armor (and of course relevant mods)
Drug Dealer could be useful
Smuggler to get stuff across borders

Street Sam: Street Doc
Mage: Talismonger
Decker: Electronics supplier
Infiltrator: Information broker
Face: Fixer
Rigger: Smuggler

Also, "Fieri" in Italian is the plural of "Proud".
It's poetry.

Spice Mix.

Yo chummers, playing in a friend's game today. Made a vodou mage, becuase I think it's cool having spirits possess myself and enemies, and as such i need some spells that are useful and/or cool. Ideas?

which edition?

Hm, can't replicate it. Seems to be properly charging 5 karma per point in the current nightlies as far as I can see.