MTG #HOU STORY GENERAL

So I'm fairly confident some Gatewatch fools are gonna be ded by the end of this current block.

Mainly, I KNOW Gids is done for, sporting a cartouche, being all awe struck by the presence of Gods, he's just going to be out of his element. Plus the entire indestructible theme with the existing Gods and the fact Bolas has wiped out more than one other God doesn't look good at all for beefslab. Other than that, however, he's obviously had his most powerful card come out, a cheap and efficient farewell card.

Anyways, I'm sure Gids will be dying but who else could? Imo Chandra and Jace are maybe, Chandra simply because of her irrational thinking and the whole story block around her. Jace just cause he's a "fan-favorite" haha.

I think Lil is safe since she's got the Veil and all, but Bolas knows her on a personal level and she might even betray the Gaters for her own survival.
I also think Nissa is safe, even though she has been heavily pushed every single past set from Origins. The only reason I think she's safe is from the story, when she went through Kef's trial. The angel booming to her to be more than a game-piece, specifically that of chess, can be none other than Emrakul. I think there's a permanent link between the two and that this link will be very important in upcoming blocks.

Now that all that garbage is out there, what do you think will happen? Is Bolas working on a Planar Portal for the Phyrexians? Could Bolas be the OG "Father of Machines" (I believe what Yawgmoth was called)? Or is this just a ruse and Tezz had his own plans on Kaladesh? The conflict between Tezz and Lil on Kaladesh left me feeling that Bolas had no idea what Tezz was up to with the whole Portal. Too many questions and too much speculation for me lol

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2017/images/magic/amonkhet_players_guide-en.pdf
ebay.com/itm/162512406511
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bolas is farming sparks through the trials

Obviously

Not quite obvious, there's a lot more being hinted at then just that, but I dig it.
I ultimately feel the story is being directed towards Phy v Emrakul v Bolas v Gatewatch but thats some heavy ass, wild imagination on my part.

This is almost correct. Loyal Retainer's art clearly dipict someone walking down the stairs to the After Life, thus making it clear that the souls of the worthy are being contained in the big fuck off jars.
I don't think spirits can be planeswalkers though, so he might just be planning to crack the jars as easy summons for legendary warriors.

>New phyrexia?
He's not dumb enough to mess with that plane. All I could see him doing is attempting to nuke it into oblivion so he never has to worry about it being a threat to his quest of infinite power. Maybe that's the plan. Get a bagillion legendary spirits in jars, throw them through the portal onto New Phyrexia, and have the spirits murder everything on the plane.
>Who die
Ajani. The biggest character development points for him throughout his lore is "X person I love died NOOOO" so now it's his turn to die for dramatic purposes.

That art has some serious implications that Bolas is going to nuke the plane

I figured as much, but it clearly must not be working all that well.

Something I was thinking is that Djeru becomes a planeswalker during the story, but not from dying by Hazoret's spear after the Trial of Fervor, but from having the ceremony interrupted by Gideon and company. His spark igniting from sheer "FUCK YOU YOU'RE RUINING MY BIG DAY".

A big thing with planeswalker sparks igniting is a "near death experience" of some sort, but I feel like the planeswalker should want to survive. All the people on amonkhet are absolutely comfy with the prospect of dying, so they don't get that passion or need to survive that often ignites the spark and makes them planeswalk away as a survival mechanism.

Chandra ignites at her execution,
Liliana ignites after her undead brother tries killing her.
Jace ignites from a mind erasing duel with his sphinx tutor dad.

Gideon's life wasn't threatened but everyone else he cared about died, and it was all his fault, which forced his planeswalk.
Ajani planeswalked from his brother dying I think?
and I forget with Nissa.

Basically if the goal is to harvest sparks on amonkhet, I think Bolas is missing a key ingredient in their creation.

notice the blood flowing from the building next to him

Nissa was a mental onslaught from Emrakul on Zendikar, afterwards she ignited. Another reason I think that she and Emrakul are so heavily linked, what with Nissa's attempts to pull from the leylines on Innistrad during the whole Eldritch Moon deal and those leylines already belonging to Emrakul, it warped her mind permanently, at least.
But Em has always technically been there with Nissa, ever since she ignited.

Tbh I didn't even consider the Ajani thing. It would make sense though, mainly for your point but also since he's been around long and has outlived many other Planeswalkers.
I really like the idea of the New Phy wipeout though. Anything that goes back on New Phy just sounds dank af. I just get a gameplay feel for it too, what with all the counter mechanics in standard right now and the half-assed proliferate in standard as well.

>Bolas v New Phyrexia
>Bolas flinging xxxx thousand spirits at new phyrexia
>New Phyrexia being really confused and angry about there being a form of life they can't corrupt due to it being incorporeal
>Jacestic league on the side line really surprised Bolas is doing the "right thing" and kinda just let it happen, while plotting a way to kill Nico at some point to knock 2 mega super evil forces at once

it really would be amazing, cause he's still a bad guy doing the right thing.
then again, how many in the Jacestice league even know what New Phy is? They'd just be watching Bolas wipe out an entire plane.

I think if any of them peeked at New Phyrexia for about 5 minutes they'd be very well convinced he's doing the right thing.

>Gideon is dying
And nothing of value will be lost.

>np defeated by ghosts
That would be the lamest shit next to channel fireballing the titans.

So is the gang ever gonna break Sorin out of the wall or is he Officially Gone Forever or did he planeswalk off to go get raped by Chandere or what?

No one likes Sorin so no one has a reason to. Maybe someone will do it to get a deal from him.

sounds like its on the right track then lol
but a planar portal isnt exactly a window
tru dat
Sorin probs OGF, unless what said happens, cause, yeah, he's a dick

Bolas couldnt defeat the Phyrexians desu. We probably wont hear from New Phyrexia for a long time until Elspeth comes back and they return to there to cleanse the plane.
This is why the best plane to live in is Kamigawa since it had its war but is now at peace forever since they wont return to it ever

Kamigawa and Ravnica are the most comfy planes

Now that Nissa is UG is there going to be a new main Green planeswalker in the next block?

Ugin might, after Nahiri bitchfits her way over to Tarkir and starts pissing on his lawn.

Gideon ripped off his Cartouche and swore off the trials though.

Sorin has proven he is too selfish to be trusted and I really doubt Ugin will consider him an option for help after his refusal to help Nahri.

>You are now aware that Nahiri literally got away with murder, for the sole virtue of having a vagina

The first hour is literally him ripping down the Hemka and letting the zombies, horrors and sandstorms in. That bit isn't even in a secret to the populace.

Ajani is on the packs for the second set in the Ixalan block. He's safe for now.

WHEN'S GARRUK?

k so members of the gatewatch that are likely to die next set

none

wotc are too stupid to actually do something impactful

in all honestly the whole gatewatch will most likely survive
they will stomp all over Bolas and make him look like a laughing stock cartoon villian and then everyone on the plane will instantly love them with no lasting repercussions or consequences

Mini lore blurbs from players guide bundle pack.

yeah
SAMUT VOICE OF KANGZ

You know Wizards released the PDF right?

media.wizards.com/2017/images/magic/amonkhet_players_guide-en.pdf

I swear if they uncurse Garruk via some asspull just so he can be the new monogreen walker I'll actually kill someone at WotC.

the fuck... I was looking for one of these and couldn't find one at all....
thanks...

Ajani is not old. He's Jazal's youngest brother and meets Sarkhan right after his spark ignites.
One more WotC retcon (this one just one set after the fact) unless Ajani Goldmane depicts Ajani way into the future.

>wotc are too stupid to actually do something impactful

>in all honestly the whole gatewatch will most likely survive

I think they'll do something to "disrupt" the gatewatch. Either someone dies (unlikely), or they get beaten up so hard they're all split up across the multiverse, so that they'll either need to regroup, be despondant in their inability to defeat a big bad, do planar shennanigans on their ownsome for a bit.

Either Ugin breaks him out to gangbang Nahiri or Bolas gets him out and tells him Ugin is a fucking liar and that he could have killed the eldrazi titans by himself from the start without ever having to set foot in that shithole Zendikar.

odds probably 1/10 that something bad happens to the golden children

they are terrible at reading their fanbase
everyone loves Bolas
literally everyone

they are going to kill him off like some throwaway villian and then get confused when everyone hates them for killing Bolas

fuck I like Bolas better than I like every member of the gatewatch
his motivations make sense

Fuck New Phyrexia. Let Mirrodin's corpse rest.

i dunno man, the gatewatch can't keep winning. Where's the stakes in that?

Being split up and failing to save amonkhet seems like the best "setback" the gatewatch can suffer all the while preserving their dainty little lives.

Gideon should have died when Ob Dickilis beat the shit out of him and drowned his invincible ass, but noooooooooooooo

>so that they'll either need to regroup
They'd just all head to the office in Ravnica they used as a hideout before Dovin visited.

>the gatewatch can't keep winning

if Hasbro intends to make a movie, sell action figures, and all that jazz of course they can keep winning

they can kill everyone in the universe with out mercy or remorse and will be labeled the heroes with the peasants whose worlds they destroy and pillage loving them every step of the way

I think Ajani is confirmed for not kill. His picture is on the package art for the second set of Ixaltan

the entire story most likely is trying to lead up to a point where there's the evil league of assholes vs. goody blue shoes and his crew, consisting of Bolas, Tez, Nixilixis, and maybe even Djeru when he ignites. Ooh, points for Lili joining them after deathblowing beefslab.

"WE JUST COULDN'T PREDICT THIS"
"WE NEED MORE DATA"
"MUH FOCUS GROUPS"

If they kill Bolas I'm done with this shit, at least for a while. But I don't think it's likely at all. There's been a decent buildup and they're purposely leaving it ambiguous what exactly his endgame is. One or two League members can die, the rest limp away in whatever directions, Lili makes some difficult decision. That's all I want and I don't think it's hard to deliver, plus I have a bit of faith in them thanks to the stories so far.

If they don't switch things up from gatewatch goes somewhere -> fixes problem easily -> makes 0-2 friends, then they're shooting themselves in the foot

Jace actually ignited well before that, he just never actually...left.
The sphinx just erased it from his memory every time he learned about it.
It's not so much near-death that causes ignition, so much as extreme trauma - and near-death experiences tend to be very traumatic.
Another that ignited from nothing even approaching death was Narset, who did so upon finding out that everything Dear Teacher was telling everyone and her entire culture was built upon was a lie

I don't see anyone dying, rather; they lose in a state of near-death, each of them planeswalking to different planes in desperation to survive.

>Jace: Vryn, Equilor (because he looks like the type of planeswalker that the inhabitants of Equilor would let in)
>Lili: Shandalar, Dominaria
>Chandra: Regatha, New Phyrexia (so she could fucking die and get replaced by Koth)
>Gideon: Alara, Theros, Kaldheim
>Nissa: Innistrad, Lorwyn or any Zendikar-like plane (Muraganda, Pyrulea)

Ajani can't die just yet because Ixalan is the next plane we'll most likely see him in.

Djeru had enough mentions to become someone worth to turn into a card. He might become a legendary Orzhov, Esper or Dimir to offset Samut, who basically is his opposite.

>If they kill Bolas I'm done with this shit
That may very well be what they want. They want everyone who knows the resserved list exists, is aware there were retcons at Origins, and/or owns non-standard cards online, to just fucking die so they can make the game as retarded as they want for fairweather losers that play two standard seasons before quitting for something else.

Narset's ignition makes the least sense. Mainly due to the fact that she ignited by learning that everything she knew was a lie but then she pretty much immediately decides to go "No, the truth is scary" and pretty much decide to go on living in that lie even though she has no reason to continue to do so. What a pointless character

Gideon going back to theros and being forced to confront the past he's running from would be interesting
Jace's past is best left unexplored due to all the memory wiping (you can get away with ANYTHING there)

An accurate representation of autism.

I can confirm it's not

What if Emrakul is grooming Nissa to take the Eldrazi's place? I mean, they eat and process planes, and probably somehow tie into the natural cycle of life/death planes go through, it seems possible Nissa might become something of the same in the future.

>YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP SO NOW YOU HAVE TO FIX IT YOU DUMB BITCH

ebay.com/itm/162512406511

Should I take a chance and see what they send me?

Looks shady.

That's the literal opposite of autism.

>Kellog, Idaho: population 2000
tfw you steal mtg from work but your town is so small its obvious there's no way to hide thus forcing you to use ebay as a fleece