mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/...

Other urls found in this thread:

dmsguild.com/product/210292/Random-Encounters-Expanded
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Goliath slam dunker.

Worthwhile taking Fighter 1/2 for an Undying Monk?

Kinda want Close Quarters Shooter so I can point blank Sharpshooter people but don't really want to put off getting Monk 11 since it's so important for an Undying.

Going to make either a shepard or dreams druid for an upcoming SKT game.
Thinking of making him a half-orc, mainly for flavor. Any decent feats I should look into or neat spell-combos?

First time playing a caster so I need any bit of help I can get. Going to be mostly support.

>player just quit a campaign because another player didn't give him a free game on steam
Just hold me niggas because I'm about to slap someone

>>Make them exceedingly rare and always have some other effect.
>I think the issue here is that it will front-load the cool factor on to the casters.
Which is why in the second half of my post I recommended giving out +0 magic items.
My barbarian enjoyed swinging the +2 artifact, but he LOVED his +0 Trident of Fish Command.

Slap away, and don't hold back. Churlish.

>Undying Monk
>Monk of the Long Death
>or Warlock with an Undying Patron

This is reaching peak autism levels right now
>he's editing copypastas to be about the guy who didn't give him the game
>then proceeds to edit various 40k pictures with people's avatars
I wish I could strangle people through internet

With that kind of retardation present I'd say it's fortunate that it didn't end with worse drama.

Yes, i'm retarded. Everyone I play with just calls them "edgy monks" so I forgot what the actual name was.

If it makes you feel better, I'm cringing on his behalf.

>he's editing copypastas to be about the guy who didn't give him the game
>then proceeds to edit various 40k pictures with people's avatars
You can't just say this and not share with the class.

Is a Decanter of Endless water really that useful?

I have been told that if used properly, you can break a game's gold economy, but I am not sure how. Running a mill using the geyser ability?

Basically, I am wondering if letting the PCs have it for 500 gp is foolish or not.

What makes it worse, is that another player is standing in his defence, while 4th player just ignores the whole deal
Oh well, if shit breaks apart it'll be their fault, not mine, and I will be free from DMing
Well does the class speak Polish?

Have you considered making real friends and gaming in person rather than subjecting yourself to the worst autism the internet has to offer?

Yeah that's fine, just as long as people realized that most melee really does need cool magical items to avoid the casters getting the limelight.

I've been thinking of making a beefed up Great Club, damage bumped to 1d10, and either giving it small uses of either Speak with Plants or something similar. Player is doing a very primal barbarian type character and thought it'd be neato, just unsure on balancing it/what'd work the best.

No, but we've all played the Witcher.

They've been people I've played vidya with for past 7 years now
I don't actually have any IRL friends that would be into DnD, and those 3 I have are people I just drink with and shitpost cooperatively
It really makes me feel weird that foreigners played the Witcher trilogy, while I didn't touch that shit at all

No but you should post Polish copypastas anyway, becase that sounds interesting.

>Breaking the game via watermill and other economic schemes
Please tell me you don't have players who actually do shit like that

I'd grab Fighter 1/2 for the Fighting Style.

Death rolls rarely happen, so I wouldn't worry about your level 11 Edgy Monk ability.

You have to speak the Decanter's command word every round to keep it going, so you can't really do anything too crazy. If you want them to have it, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Eh, I found one that he sent in English, the rest is equal levels of retardation and cringe

No business shenanigans yet. I have given them an expanded Stronghold rules set that can get quite a bit of money, but no one has bothered to actually spend all that gold they are hoarding.

I figure I should just keep an eye out for any possible shenanigans.

I do realize it. It's just that magic items don't have to come with pluses, because the game is balanced to work fine without them.
A paladin doesn't need a +1 mace to smite. A fighter doesn't need a +1 longsword to action surge.
But giving them cool effects, like speaking with plants and similar shit like that, helps them be exciting and, most importantly, gives them out of combat utility, which martials tend to lack.

This can't be real
I just literally can't even

It's not a death roll, it's literally "I don't feel like dying this round". Shit's really strong.

if I'm reading it right you could tank a fucking Disintegrate spell for 11 turns straight, though not Power Word Kill since it's worded differently.

I am speechless. Thank you so much.

Have you ever talked to Eastern Europeans? (No offense PolishDMAnon)

If they're not breaking anything, I wouldn't worry. Clearly they're more interested in adventuring than manipulating the world economy.

I wish it was fake as well user, but unfortunately such is reality we live in.
I also wish I never "volunteered" to DM, I'm absolutely dogshit at it but nobody else would

Does anyone have a chart and/or program that can generate random environmental features based on a terrain type?

dmsguild.com/product/210292/Random-Encounters-Expanded

This one is pretty cool. Just go to the travelling scenes page, it is organized based off biome.

Best spells for a level 3 warlock?

>pay what you want
Those fools.

Thanks senpai

You are right, it is very tanky.

Playing the game, I think the Fighting Style will get more utility, since facing damage like that or facing some character death is pretty rare.

Just my experience.

Top 3

>Eldritch Blast
>Eldritch Blast
>Eldritch Blast

R8 my magic item intended for a medicine themed monk.

Viper Essence Gloves (requires attunement):
>Once per round you may deal an additional 1d4 poison damage to a target you have hit with an unarmed strike.
>Every short rest you gain the ability to cast the Cure Wounds spell at a level equal to half your proficiency modifier.

Granting this at lvl 5.

>>Every short rest you gain the ability to cast the Cure Wounds spell at a level equal to half your proficiency modifier ONCE

Forgot to correct my self.

>Non-damaging
Misty Step
Hold Person
Invisibility

>Damaging, only two matter
Shatter
Cloud of Daggers

This is for Level 2 spells, btw.

Post character concepts you'll never get to play/would probably work better as NPCs

>Pirate Revenant who swore to do... something. Something really petty and stupid seeming, but they take it 100% seriously to the point they cursed at the gods and damned their souls to wandering for all eternity for it

Not viable for several reasons, mainly
>playing Revenants
>ever
and the fact a ghost pirate would have no reason to be adventuring on land.

Hey man, playing a Revenant can be a pretty cool experience.
I played a rogue revenant in CoS a while back, removed the heal per round bullshit and any death would result in a roll on the insanity table in the DMG.

Ended up with a truckload of debilitating, crippling flaws and it was great.

>party has a sharpshooter fighter and gwm Cleric who kick ass and do shit tons of damage, with haste from our sorcerer they easily do 60+ damage per turn

What can I do to challenge these guys? They've fought deadly rated encounters many times and they've never lost or needed to retreat. If they had a dedicated healer they'd be unstoppable

Throw casters on them.
Shove them so full of debilitating spells, they won't be able to do shit.

Either that or shove enemies with heavy specific DR on them.

I'm running a campaign with some heavy grid/minis usage, and quite some displacement effects I homebrewed. My players seem to enjoy it very much.
I'm trying to come up with creative terrain features we could use, barrels and debris for cover only goes so far, and In the past session, a few patches of slippery oil were pretty effective.

Should have just banned those feats all together, they sorta break the game

>Church Pews
>Partially collapsed tunnels with weak support beams
>Fighting on a rope bridge

Anything that can be thrown around, or pushed into.

Have you done chandeliers, yet?

I'm generally okay with those feats, it's PAM that I despise.

Point being though, he can throw casters on them with some decent thought into terrain and such to make it hard on them. They've apparently only got a sorcerer, which means at best they'll have one or two counter spells.

>would have no reason to be adventuring on land.
how about the vow

Thanks for the suggestions! keep them coming!
Not done chandeliers yet, to be honest, we're only two sessions in, but there's a church coming soon, so I'll be sure to mention those.

Help me decide my next class. Probably gonna be a Tiefling because I love Tieflings. Currently I'm a Wild Magic Sorcerer but I have feeling she's gonna die during this campaign.

I am trying to decide between a Great Old One Warlock, a Hexblade Warlock, possibly a Divination Wizard, or some form of Rogue.

Great Old One would be because I love Lovecraftian stuff, and I could probably make a good story for her.

Hexblade because with Pact of the Blade, I could make a powerhouse of a Warlock, basically a frontline fighter, especially with that spell that gives temporary hp and deals cold damage to enemies that hit me. Also, I already have some form of an idea for a back story.

Divination Wizard because I like the thought of being able to look into the future. Not a fan of the lackluster abilities though. Seems very underpowered, so maybe I'll choose Necromancy instead.

Rogue because it just fits Tieflings and I could make a neutral evil rather than some form of good character.

I also kind of want to make a Gunsmith Artificer eventually but that's just because it'd be fun to go around shooting everything and inventing stuff.

Help me Veeky Forums, I'm having too much trouble deciding.

>playing online

It's funny because after posting that I realized there was a picture of a pirate revenant that adventured on land in my very post.

Could do something like
>Cursed by the gods to never go to sea again, they get PISSED and end up as a landlocked pirate Revenant looking to break their curse and return to the seas
or rip off Pirates of the Carribean
>Inhumanly greedy dead Pirate had some of his loot stolen (by the BBEG maybe?), returns from the dead to GET HIS SHIT BACK.

Just better hope the DM doesn't have any plans to go over the ocean.

Jesus fucking Christ, is he severely autistic? Why the fuck did he demand a free game and just flip the table when it wasn't given to him? Slap his shit, slap and burn all of his shit.

Plot hook ideas

Mindflayers are controlling the city guard and using them to abduct victims - missing persons, or night encounter

Batman heist
Encounter weak thug, a vigilante thwarts it before the party beats him, admires the party and mentions a corrupt merchant running a crime ring, false pretenses to steal and frame the party

Through a series of coincidences, the party manages to wander into a vault, and activate an artifact and release a terrible evil

Barbarian-rogue.

Also
>Seems very underpowered
Divination wizard is one of the most powerful classes in the entire system. Being able to basically play DM for two rolls per day is incredibly strong when landing spells or such. Don't underestimate it.

Do you make your paladin player roleplay taking an oath?

Best way to mitigate the swinginess of d20s without not playing D&D

Thoughts on invocations? Moon bow for certain since I'm fey blade. Mage armor or just wear studded leather for 1 less ac? Mask of many faces because I'm playing the social character and it's fucking sweet?

Make anything below 7 be automatically 7, make everything above 16 be automatically 16.

Not sure why you would do this, but there you go.

Barbarian rogue...? What's the justification for that? And I suppose that is nice. Hmm.

>play a divination wizard
>only ever roll 10-13 for Portent

Super powerful...yea sure.

Rogue with an apparent issue regarding staying calm.
Gives you some well-needed tankiness and also enables you to be a very effective grappler if needed which can be a cool quirk with the character.
I'd suggest looking more into strength rather than dex, since you'll be wanting to use Reckless Attack a lot. Reckless Attack gives you advantage, which means you also get sneak attack on those attacks.
Danger Sense also gives you advantage on most dex saving throws, coupled with evasion means that you can avoid almost any AoE attack.

>What's the justification for that?
Conan
Mechanically, both are martial classes that have good mobility and rely on a small number of strikes to deal massive damage whilst using abilities to mitigate damage, so there's all sort of synergies.

Roll 2d10. I haven't tried it, but I like the distribution of rolled values being skewed towards the middle.

Of course, this hits crit fishers like Orc Barbarians really hard. Think it through before you go for it.

10-13 means a guaranteed failed save for enemies if you have somewhat decent INT.

It's statistically impossible for you to roll 10 - 13 for every portent roll over the course of a campaign.
Even so, giving someone a 10 is fantastic in 5th since most monsters have REALLY shitty saves.

If I decide not to be a caster type class then I'll look into that

A 13 roll won't save the Beefy Bad Guy from my spell save DC on a mental save.

> If you choose an object, that object must remain in its place, if the object is moved more than 10 feet from where you cast this spell, the glyph is broken

This seems like a stupid rule. why does moving the object, on which the glyph is inscribed, break the spell?
I want to be an explosives expert.

It probably will when combined with his bonus
The whole spell is badly designed.

I know it gets asked in 99% of threads bur I've forgotten, what's the best way to build a Barbarogue?

If you go the caster route, divination wizard is probably your best bet for becoming incredibly powerful.
Warlock is a class that I have a love-hate relationship with. It's a great class to throw in a few small levels of in a multiclass, but if you end up going all in they're very underwhelming in the long run.

You basically get a taste of caster supremacy with warlock, but not the actual cake and they can make decent melee characters but not as good as paladin for example which will also have more spell slots than you do.

I'm about to DM a session with only 2 players. Anything I need to know about running with such a small group?

Almost certainly barb 2/rogue x. Sneak attack is the most important scaling ability, and by barb 2 you've already hit the 3 essential synergy abilities.

Only if they wanted to multiclass into it from something else.

Just two levels of Barb nets you both Reckless Attack and Danger Sense.
After that it's just priority. If you want a lot of skills and such, go anywhere from 1 to 4 levels of rogue before dipping barb.

If you want a more barb focused build, just take a look at barb and rogue and see what you want the most out of their options and build accordingly.
The USUAL is 2barb/Xrogue though IIRC.

How can I build a wizard themed around explosives?

Or rather, rogue x/barb 2, because you want the rogue level first.

This would be a problem if it said 'You must take the cast a spell action'
But instead it says 'you must cast a spell using an action'
And even if it did, it says 'you cast the spell as normal' I think, so it would maybe apply considering 'casting the spell as normal' kind of implies the 'cast a spell' action.

Depends
>Tankiness
Focus dex+con, use shield+rapier. 5 levels of barbarian, bear barbarian (or maybe wolf if that's useful), rest of levels in rogue. You still want an okay-ish strength.
>Grappling/more decent damage
Use strength, two-weapon-fighting shortswords (Or if you're not keen on grappling, just rapier+shield still works). Barbarian 5 (Bear or wolf or consider battlerager might work quite well) rest of levels in rogue.

Neither have any particularly required feats.

Ask your DM kindly to remove that part of the Glyph spell description.
Also, fireball with levels in rogue for Evasion so you can nuke yourself and still live.

Alright, I'll do Rogue 1, Barbarian 2 and then Rogue X.

Light Cleric.

lower every DC by 5

Also let me state:
5 levels of barbarian is important. 2 is half-assing it. If you're going to take 2 levels, you might as well go all the way to 5 to get extra attack. It's better damage-wise, it's better for grapples, it gets you all the other barbarian goodies (Archetype, an ASI, extra rage, +10ft movement speed)

Also, always start barbarian as it gives you str+con saves (Your dex saves wil already be great) and +2 total HP, though you'll lose one skill.
Start with a level barbarian, then a level of rogue, then choose one class to get to level 5 first, then do the other class. However, I kind of agree you could probably do 2 levels of barbarian, get rogue to 5 then do the other 3 levels of barbarian.

You better come up with the equivalent of Alluha Akbar and say it anytime you explode something.

You take the oath only when you are level 3. Until then you test out which justice you like.

Make sure the combats are balanced for them. Check out the DMG for more details.

True but I always ran under the assumption that they were trying to live to their oaths already. So they said them but had to achieve a better mental state (levels) to begin pulling strength from it.

Eh, I'm not feeling the 5 levels. Basically my DM has some homebrew weapon thing in place that will make dual-wield Handaxe and Shortsword the best option and the lack of a third attack for 1d6+7 doesn't seem worth the loss of Rogue progression where I get cooler shit out of combat and still get +2d6 damage.

May Talos the Stormlord bless your battles.

>5 is important
>2 is half-assing it
Depends on the character you want to play. The character you describe can be fun, but to be honest I don't see it benefiting all that much from rogue unless he's a grappler, and grappling doesn't happen in every group.
Barb2/RogueX has undeniable synergy.

It's possible they're already trying to adhere to the oath as a squire or something, but it's still cool to have an oath ceremony (night-long vigil, etc.) when officially entering into the knighthood.
All good options, depending on how you fluff the archetypes.

Player added a continent in his bg, airships etc, he came here to run from bounty hunters.

I've been content with ignoring it until now but he has pressed about going back and settling things.

I don't want airships or steampunk, so I'm going to use a bbeg nuke and destroy his continent.

Is this shitty?

Just explain to him that it doesn't fit in your setting.

No need to resort to petty shit.

Its is kind of shitty but not wrong. You should have brought this up with the player as soon as you noticed it.

I worried about having too many encounters. Right now I have about 9 encounters planned out. I hope that's not too many.

Really he should've said something to begin with. He kinda dug this hole himself by not having an issue with it til now.

You should never have allowed it in the first place.
Your best option now is to talk to the player. Anything else is shitty GM fiat.

For most groups, that's enough for 3-5 sessions.

If a GM does 8 encounters as one long encounter, are they absolutely shit?

Yeah, but I have to make the encounters smaller for a small party, so they don't get overwhelmed. I'm hoping that'll make the fights go faster. I want them to have enough XP to level up by the end.

This is your only option. Anything else is a dick move.

Well, 3 levels sneak attack is perhaps an average of 1.5*(3.5) or 5.25 damage (But more accurate if you take a bonus action) and extra attack is 1d6+[Modifier]+[RageDamage] for between 6.5 and 10.5 damage average.

If you're using two-weapon-fighting, you can use that extra attack to grapple (Since you can drop a weapon, grapple and still be able to sneak attack). If you're using a shield, you can use the extra attack to have an increased chance of sneak attack.

3 levels of barbarian is +6 HP.
You also get +10ft speed with the extra attack, which is good for fasting if you use a bonus or otherwise.. Eh.
You're also about one level less behind on ASIs since you grab one at barbarian 4.
You also get 3 rages/day instead of 2.
You also get archetype features - if I remember right, battlerager's is basically a better bonus attack than two-weapon-fighting (so you can use a shield) and allows you to deal damage by grappling. Bear barbarian is just for tankiness, wolf barbarian is pretty damn good team support.

Focusing rogue won't really give you too significant benefits in terms of out-of-combat ability. Expertise earlier and reliable talent earlier. Nothing to scoff at, but it's generally less applicable than the combat buffs you'll get from barbarian, unless you're in a very low combat game.

If you're planning on doing grappling, you should definitely aim for 5 levels of barbarian, at least.

It's also better for sword+boarders.