EDH/Commander General

"Tastefully Altered" Edition

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made. We'll know if you're fibbing us, user.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-and-her-gods/
mtgstocks.com/prints/5432
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/o-u-t-o-f-b-o-d-y/
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/commander_1v1#online
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-sisters-of-stone-death/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-blind-seer/
edhrec.com/commanders/prossh-skyraider-of-kher
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ill-remain-under-our-antique-sky/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/black-flowers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"Tastefully Altered"

Anyone else play in a 75% meta/playgroup?

>implying that she (he) will suck anything but cocks and drink anything else but semen
I wish I met a stupid clumsy succubus (male) to pamper my peenus weenus with their tight little boipucci. How do I summon one? Asking for a friend haha

Have you guys ever regretted making a post in 4chans forum?

Is this that infamous FATAL system I've long heard about? Is that red circle her Anal Circumference stat?

craigslist

never, not even once

You must gather 1000 Franklins and submit them as an offering at the traditional summoning grounds in Thailand.

I don't get the Bryan maymay, where do I read up on it?

Some of the shitposting where I keep going and should've stopped but for the most part no.
>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made
Casted Phage(his commander) without having a way to prevent her effect from killing him He did it because he was upset that was being "targeted" by novablast wurm's ability and to deny anyone defeating him

>her

I want a nice Alter of Samut. Something that makes the art match the Naya Aesthetic. Doesn't even need cheesecake, just needs to look better.

Maybe if it was more of a dynamic pose?

Also not a dude.

>Wants better art based off egyptian
>gets what was asked for
>lol no
Then fuck off

>not!Egyptian warrior lady
Something by Houtengeki might fit the bill.

Silly me, how could I be so careless.

>Samut, Voice of Dissent
>Flash
>Double strike, vigilance, haste
>Other creatures you control have haste.
>{W}, {T}: Untap another target creature.
>lul here's Rami Malek from Night at the Museum

Malek is actually egyptian, more than Samut is

Base it off this.

Stfu ignorant dumbfuck

This will forever be the best alter I've ever gotten

Jesus christ my phone posted that humongous my bad

Best post I've seen all month.

Why the fuck did Seshiro spike? It's a pisspoor spec on Snektits even doing shit in EDH.

Why are there 2 threads up? Anyways my non Veeky Forums browsing friends wants to know if there's anyway to improve this deck of his

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-and-her-gods/

Someone jumped the gun I guess.

Made a thread before bump limit because people in this general have a habit of letting these generals die and I couldn't babysit the previous thread.

Bump limit is 310 so it wasn't that far off from expiring. Assuming same lost rate it would've been expiring right around now which is when I got back.

Post 'em Players!

If you play on MTGO, how did you decks fair?

Only 3 of my decks survived the MTGO banlist. Karametra required no changes since there are no artifacts in the deck. Ashling exchanged Sensei's Divining Top for Scroll Rack; an even trade IMO.

But poor, poor Isamaru. He lost 6 cards; Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Sensei's Divining Top, Humility, and Mishra's Workshop. The fast mana was converted to Chrome Mox, Mox Opal, and Grim Monolith. Sensei's Divining Top became Sigarda's Aid (trying it out), Humility became Torpor Orb (probably the most important function of Humility - the other option is Cursed Totem), and Mishra's Workshop became City of Traitors (trying it out, but should be a fine match with the MLD in the deck). I also swapped a plains for Ancient Den because of Mox Opal. We will see how it goes.

Able to swap Opal for the Sol Rings in my Toshiro and Zegana deck. Toshi required a replacement for Entomb which didn't have a straight swap so I tagged in Phyrexian Obliterator for more rattlesnake. Just plugged a forest into Freyalise. Azami and Nekusar didn't make it.

By Opal I mean Chrome Mox. I always get those confused.

mtgstocks.com/prints/5432

Its all because of Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons. It should drop down when the hype over her dissipates in a few months.

Why did Seshiro spike before SOI? I can understand the blip in dec '15, because that's when Kaseto was released.

I have no idea. Maybe just a blip.

If I genesis wave a Bane of Progress and Asceticism at the same time and let them both hit play, does Bane eat the Asceticism?

Yes. Both ETB at the same time and then Bane's trigger goes on the stack.

Well at least I get to choose whether I want Bane to FEED or keep my goodies.

I just noticed the wording on Liliana, Death Wielder. You can choose 0 for her +2. I imagine that would have (very little) political power at a table.

I think all planeswalkers that have + loyalty abilities that interact with creatures say "up to" specifically so you can add counters on an empty field.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/o-u-t-o-f-b-o-d-y/

How do you guys feel about Ravos/Tymna?

mtggoldfish.com/metagame/commander_1v1#online
>the city of blue/green

More interesting than Thrasios/Kydele, more useful than Reyha/Ikra Shidqi, Akri/Bruse Tarl, or Ludevic/Kraum.

>Also not a dude.
He's more beautiful than Shitmut.

Akiri/Bruse is actually legit.
>Hey don't mind me, I'm just playing mana stones here
>lalala
>Oh and don't mind anger or fervor
>Suddenly 40/41 Double Strike, Vigilance, Lifelink, Protection from Green and Black, Protection from Green and Blue
I had Cyclonic Rift but let Akiri kill two other guys because they need to learn to judge a table and not just go by "lol boros can't ever win" memes.

Yeah, it wasn't in order or anything. Then it'd be
>Thrasios/Kydele
>Ravos/Tymna
>Akri/Bruse
>Reyhan/Ikra
>Kraum
>Ludevic

Good thing they got rid of a big way other colors can accelerate!

I have a Boros legendary tribal that I threw them into because of theme, but I find myself using them fucking often. The fact that she's a two cost that holds swords, AND gets a passive buff as well makes her deceptively good.

>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made.

Playing a 4 way game, staring down a fucking barrel, I cloned Bearer of the Heavens with Sakashima, then cloned the Sakashima clone with Phantasmal image to make me sacrifice one. Next upkeep my Stormtide and Dack's Duplicate came off from suspend. How's that for convoluted.

Anyone else ever think it's strange that Thrasios/Kydele is less popular on edhrec than every other Simic deck (except each partner independently), yet Thrasios/Kydele is probably the second strongest Simic commander? Edric seems like the only deck that's generally better.

Almost like people play this format for fun and not to be super competitive.

General Tazri is also better than any 5c commander other than Scion of the Ur-Dragon, but he doesn't rank very high. The real question - am I autistic enough to make a bracket for the best commander?

I'd be inclined to believe you if Meren, Breya, Oloro, and Prossh weren't in the top 10 most played commanders.
>But those come in Commander product!
So does T/K

autists aren't people

>am I autistic enough to make a bracket for the best commander?
Go for it and I'll be autistic enough to give my input on it.

To be fair, anyone that's 100% competitive and tryhard is probably going to be playing Thrasios + Vial instead of Thrasios + Kydele.

Meren and Breya are good for fun strategies, they just happen to be used by tryhards.

>Thrasios + Vial
More like Thrasios + Tymna for access to W.

So last thread I noticed I had some people asking for deck lists, sorry for not responding I was out.

Here is all three lists.

>Remove Riff Raff
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/

>The Grass is Greener
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-sisters-of-stone-death/

>The Great Filter
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-blind-seer/

Marchesa is my personal favorite and has had a lot of work done even before uploading it.

Sisters I am more relaxed since I need at least one "fun" deck.

Seer is a more recent creation, I have yet to play him enough to know what changes are to be made.

I'd probably do it as each different color combination, seeding by popularity on EDHrec, take out any general that has 0 decks. Partners would be taken out and judged separately. Then do a round robin with the winner of each bracket.

Meren, Breya, and Prossh are fun commanders that happen to be the best of their colors. Oloro is pubstump tier. Why don't we not omit certain data and look at the other Commanders in top 10 that aren't autist bait, like Atraxa, Hapatra, Nekusar, Gay Hugs, Kaalia, Saskia, etc.

Want further proof of this:
edhrec.com/commanders/prossh-skyraider-of-kher

Foodchain is in less than half of the most braindead easy competitive deck in Commander.

>Atraxa
>not autist bait

Fair point user, I concede

She's not. She's strong as fuck, but look at the other high tier decks and realize that they do things like write scripts to check if they can go infinite based on board state Chain Veil Teferi, or calculate probabilities of their mulligan getting them the exact pieces they need Doomsday Zur.

>To be fair, anyone that's 100% competitive and tryhard is probably going to be playing Thrasios + Vial instead of Thrasios + Kydele

Also to be fair, the Partner cards, and the mechanic as a whole, tanked pretty damn hard with the majority of Commander players.

I don't think the Mechanic tanked so much as the creatures with the Mechanic tanked because of how underwhelming they are.

I guess that means Partner tanked by default, but still.

Yeah, with the majority of commander players. Except for in competitive because with 4 colors to tutor up whatever you need and an infinite mana sink you can win off Thrasios/whoever on T3.

Once people realized the design scheme for the Partner Commanders was generic good ability associated with the colors with an overcosted effect/body the mechanic as a whole was poo-poo'd. Maybe if they want to revisit it in the future they can do something to make the cards actually interesting on their own and interact with each other more synergistically, but I don't foresee it coming back or how they can fix that design issue as a whole.

Which logically loops us right back around to my first reply

Death Wielder as a card would have very little power of any sort, political or otherwise, at the table.

Well, if you're playing a Hapatra deck with Blowfly Infestation and / or Crumbling Ashes it could be something for them to think about.

But by itself it is a weak card.

>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made.
Oh man, this was solid gold.
So I'm playing Vish Kal. I've got myself a nice little army building up. I don't remember what the guy on my right was playing, but it was pretty creature-light. On my left was Ishkanah and spiders. He doesn't like where I'm going with my board, but there's not much he can do about it. He topdecks a tutor. He spends a minute looking through his deck, contemplating the options. He makes his choice and then taps out the rest of his mana for it.
Living Death.
I start to chuckle and the guy on my right groans and facepalms. And just when it couldn't get any better, it did.
Ishkanah player: "What? What's wrong? What'd I do?"
Didn't take long to win after that.

>tfw you want to play competitive EDH but it's all just LabMan and you fucking hate LabMan.

>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made. We'll know if you're fibbing us, user.
>Playing Gisa
>Only blue player at the table is sitting to my left
>Have Gisa with Greaves, Lord of the Undead with Swiftfoot Boots, two tokens and Coat of Arms in play
>Blue Player Kicks Rite of Replication on my Lord of the Undead to "Protect himself".
>Everyone looks at him like this nigga serious?
>Shit eating grin
>Activate Gisa before my turn, get 15 27/27 zombies.
>His shit eating grin is gone

I love when people fail at math.

And I love when people fail at basic rules comprehension.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ill-remain-under-our-antique-sky/

Help me out, here, /edhg/, I feel like I'm just watching my deck do too little and die short of everyone else, which is typically a symptom of too little mana. I'm considering a remedy of 6 guild signets, but I'm not sure what to cut. Right now, I'm feeling:
>Eternity Vessel
>Shrine of Loyal Legions
>Electrostatic Pummeler
>Workshop Assistant
>Sigil of Distinction
>Runed Servitor
Am I selecting which cards to cut correctly, or can someone spot deader weight in my 99?

I actually play Prossh because a friend got me his deck for my birthday; its what got me into Commander in the first place.

Pummeler isn't supported by your deck, it's basically useless.
Shrine of Loyal Legions doesn't fit because you don't have many white spells and not a whole lot of proliferate.
Eternity Vessel... doesn't do anything for you.
Myr Retriever >> Workshop Assistant
Runed Servitor does little for you, and Filigree familiar does its job better.

Sigil of distinction is eh, but you can keep it.

Basically, you can yank all the energy-based stuff and throw in other counter creators.

I'm not misremembering or making it up which means I cheated and my playgroup is more retarded that I thought.

Indirectly.
The big hangup here is the hexproof from Boots.

Not long ago I posted a mono black zombie list claiming it was the worst deck I ever bothered to put together. That's true and all, but after a hyper budget ($30) round of updates, I'm not actually humiliated by it any more, except for Death Wielder and Influence. Yeah I know. Those should be Zombie Master and Filth, and an Urborg in the lands. Anyways

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/black-flowers/

Or you can take her current "Angry Black Woman Yelling at High Velocity" art and make an alter further accentuating it

>Rites
>Shoes
Uh excuse me you can't have both. What's the truth?

>tfw only person in two playgroups who loves Partners
>Tymna+Sidar Hatebear Combo
>Ishai+Bruce Voltron Control
>Silas+Reyhan Robots
>Thrasios+Kydele Simic Draw (Kraj deck in disguise)
>Vial Smasher+Kraum hard control

Quads of truth and you earned that foil Prophet. Thanks.

Ishai & Kraum's air show seems like something worth doing

I actually did that. In fact I switch Bruce and Kraum on occation since the only changes needed are like 4 cards that grant double strike. I just like Bruse because he's an infinitely better 'support' partner and opens my deck up for more value.

Seriously, people need to see Partners as "main partner/supporting partner". I always see a common misconception that both partners need to be out for the deck to function. Not true. Hell, Vial Smasher is the supporting partner for Kydele--who you dont even need to play 90% of the time since the decks combos are centered around Kydele. Vial can kill one person with infinite X-spell of any type if the stars align.

Sorry for the sudden tangent but I had to fet that out there

Yes, targeting my LotU was so absurdly dumb I stopped caring and let him have it his way. Now I realize I cheated, and the other players didn't even notice.

I'm really tempted to build Sidar+Ikra as a sort of non-Doran Doran deck but I can't get over how much I wish Ikra had 1 less power.

>Oloro player plays Serra Avatar
>me(Aurelia), Ruric Thar and Wort player just ignore it because lol no trample
>next turn plays Vizkopa guildmage and activates both of it's abilities and attacks me
>if it connects everyone but him will die
>"are you sure you wanna attack me?"
>"yeah, sure"
>*begin tapping lands*
>"wait, no!!"
>deflecting palm
>dead

ended up losing to Ruric but that was still pretty funny

Can you post your list for Gisela?

They're recent and they're not a precon, so it happens.

Thrasios is only good for infinite combos and afaik most EDH groups don't like infinite combos

Are you literally me? I had the same exact problem last night with a similar jank Atraxa build and now i don't know what to cut to put signets in.
Can i get some help too?
I was thinking about cutting Vraska, Lily, maybe black Sorin, maybe the boots and/or greaves and maybe clearwater goblet, however Vraska is one of my sources of removal and Sorin is a potential win condition and is overall pretty strong.

just draw/shoop the anime shades onto her and she'll look 10x cooler

>the anime shades
Where the hell do you think you are?

Yes. Though usually other players' decks are just powerful cards without anything impactful in terms of synergy

Anyone played with Unset or custom cards and commanders before? How'd it go?

I kinda want to play Burning Cinder Fury of Crimson Chaos Fire with Zedruu, by the way.

She should have been izzet or jeskai user, you fuckup.

I didn't make the card, you goober.

30 fucking life is the reason Red and White can't compete, not that they don't get access to Vault, Crypt and Sol Ring which Blue and Green would also have and be better with.

You're back? Fuck off again.

>cumulative end step
>Players skip their end steps
>each player skips their untap step and untaps each tapped permanent and taps each untapped permanent in each of their end steps
>at the beginning of your end step you lose the game unless you pay 3UU
>at the beginning of each of your opponent's end step, that player skips their draw phase, main phase or combat phase this turn

This card is retarded.