Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

I'm rich edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Warpgnaw-Verminlord-2017
games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Fortress-of-Grim-Corruption
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for wood elves!

[Autistic rattling noises]

Reminder

I just started playing AOS with the KO as my first army... and I'm super sad to see all the hate they're getting. I picked them because I like the idea of steampunk sky pirates. I've already got 1000 points, mostly painted, but should I shelve them and go with something else since apparently they're super toxic?

So Vanguard Raptors?

I'm kind of interested to how they compare to Judicators and other shooting options. Prosecutors of course have the mobility. Judis can become battleline under a full Stormcast army. But what of these new guys?

Their flat-out shooting ability with both sets of weapons just seems superior to pretty much anything we have right now when comparing elite nuking (Longstrike) and chaff clearing (Hurricane). Although I see their big weakness as only being 3 models with 6 wounds that could get poofed off the table easier than 5 Judis with 10 wounds to split. BUT being able to hold and aim for an insane 30 inch range, or 9 extra shots (on top of 18!!!) is nuts, assuming your opponent lets you get it off.

Anyone had playtime with them or ideas? I'm thinking about at least buying some and putting them together as Hurricanes.

I would argue they're only as toxic as you make them? You can always tweak your list if it's too good/bad to make things more fun. Or make up a scenario where you're outnumbered and have to hold off waves of enemies, stuff like that.

They're only toxic if you min max buffs and weapon load outs.

ok, for my list I have
1x Admiral
2x 10 arkanaut company (one unit has skyhooks, the other has volley guns)
1x 5 thunderers with mortars
1x frigate with sky cannon
1x gunhauler with skycannon

I also have an additional 5 thunderers and am picking up an aether khemist that I can swap in for the gunhauler.

Barak-Thryng for the skyport since their color scheme is similar to my squat army from back in the day and I miss the dwarves holding grudges thing from whf.

You should honestly be fine.

I don't see any real cheese since the cheese is when you pump their synergies to hard that nothing can last, which you don't have.

Cool. I understand what people are saying about their shooting though. The only reason I lost my first game with them was purely tactical on my part: I forgot to play to the objectives.

They are very strong, have a huge range and thanks to gryphon hounds you can't sneak up on them. I think the big problem is that skyfires do their job better and can usually kill them before they can kill the skyfires. So if you are having a ranged firefight against something with better range you are going to lose.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but Longstrikes and Judicators do similar average damage per unit. Judicators are cheaper, have more wounds, and retain a lot of their power even if just the champion is left.

2 units of prosecutors do very slightly less damage than Hurricanes with the bonus shots. They aren't very good unless you want the debuff.

Riddle me this Veeky Forums:

How the fuck does this thing move 12''? It's a slow ass woolly mammoth carrying a fat ass ogre. thing should be hella slow

simple, it freezes the ground in front of it and then skates along at incredible speeds

It's moving along at a leisurely pace, but it's so big that it moves comparatively fast

it has a move of 8, where are you getting 12 from?

from the website (huskard on stonehorn)

That's a thundertusk in the pic

Question.
I'm getting back into things after not playing any form of warhammer for a long while.
I've currently got 16 lizards on cold ones right now - 8 are unassembled from the Getting Started set, 1 is an old saurus with spear, 1 is the old metal hero (who is being a pain in the ass to assemble, because he wasn't assembled), and six are skinks and Tichi-Huichi. Going to run them as more Saurus Cold One Riders because fuck anyone who says otherwise, it's still lizards riding raptors.
The question is, how should I split them up, and if I should give the unassembled ones even more spears or throw regular melee weapons on them.
Should I do 3 groups of 5 and leave one out/have as a hero? 1 of 10, 1 of 5? All in one group?

Reminder that Elves don't deserve new releases.

Hinterlands-clan moulder
Packmaster w/ whip -30
Stormvermin -14
Rat swarm -40
11 giantrats -66

Yes i know giantrats are 5 each normally.. To encourage variety if more then half of your warband is same model it costs a point extra.

YOu can't get some more variety in there? maybe a wolf rat or two?

Huh. I just went on FW to check for the points PDF and saw this thing
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Warpgnaw-Verminlord-2017

Help me oldfags. I'm trying to find a set of pictures that used to be on the lizardmen page fucking years ago when geedubs actually used to do hobby articles on their website.

It was basically a fuckhuge lizardmen city being invaded by Skaven. There was a big Skaven drill coming up in a plaza, terradons flying over a waterfall and a bunch of other shit.

But for the life of me I cannot fucking find it.

Ask WHFB general too

I got a question, how sentient are the Seraphon?

Like, do they eat and sleep and have their own lives outside of combat or are they just attack ghosts for the Slann?

I think they have personalities

>But for the life of me I cannot fucking find it.
They're remembered into existence from magic, so while they have personalities, they only exists in reality for as long as they remain summoned there. They're trapped in an endless summer.

Looking at getting into aos after playing fantasy battle ages ago, but fuck me the new lore is so incredibly generic and lame. Why didn't they just rebrand, make new rules, battletomes and shit while keeping the old setting? I feel like that's the biggest gripe that people have other than the initial shitfest of twirling moustaches for extra attacks and shit.

Also the new army names, Jesus Christ, I can understand wanting to protect their ip, but still.

They have personalities, but only as an echo. They exist exactly how the Slann remember them, but their memories can be faint.

Also, this fucking 2 thousand dollar piece of terrain and it's not even that big or good. Kek.

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Fortress-of-Grim-Corruption

Give it time man, It's been like 2 years compared to WHFB's 35. They're honestly making really good progress all things considered

Try living on the proper side of the equator

>Why didn't they just rebrand, make new rules, battletomes and shit while keeping the old setting?
Because the old world was too small/restrictive for what they wanted to do. They wanted a massive setting like 40k where people are free to do what they want.

>1100 us dollars

Ah yes, much more reasonable, kek. I do wish NZ pricing was more reasonable given that we are way fucking closer to China where all this shit is made.

But instead it's just a bland clusterfuck, huge universes don't really work outside of Sci Fi. The old fantasy world was still plenty big enough anyway. Hell, half the world had barely even been fluffed out.

It's a 50% reduction in price. And I will admit, the whole thing's pretty lame, but if you use bits of it for like, small watchtowers and such, it's alright. I wish they'd make non-khorne themed terrain though

Rate my fluff, post your fluff. Sub-optimal armies ahoy.

Disgusted by a clan who put their mercenary earnings of ur-gold above vengeance on their enemies, the self-proclaimed Rhang Grimnir set out to forge his own lodge with like-minded individuals. In his eyes, a neigh unsettleable grudge rests over the heads of chaos for the casualties caused over the centuries. He would work for them no longer, no matter the reward.

Eventually finding himself in the realm of life during Alarielle's push back against Nurgle, an overwhelming smell of ur-gold brought him to a battle between sylvaneth and a tallyband. As the woods themselves raised up to fight and soulpods on the cusp of birth spawned ranks of dryads, the disturbed earth parted to reveal hordes of the slayer god's fragments.

Starved of the metal for far too long, Rhang Grimnir ordered the charge, cutting down all in the way of the plunder. A three way battle began as the fyreslayers looted en mass. It was the only when the rune father himself held the gold in his hand when he realised what he had done. He cursed himself for being too like those he despised, and charged at the heart of the tallyband. The last order of that battle: no more blades shall be raised against the grove. The sylvaneth were far less confident in this change of heart.

1/2

The warriors endured the plagues of Nurgle up close as branches and blades cut them from behind, yet no attacks from then on found their way to the tree folk. Forced into retreat, the tallyband ran, and the bravery of the duardin had slowed the wrath of the sylvaneth to a near cease.

It was only one branchwraith who continued to cut into the warriors, slashing at them as they stood still as stone and took the punishment. As the last demon disappeared from sight, vines curled round the white barked figure and restrained her as a deathly silence fell.

Rhang Grimnir swore an oath to the grove, to make it prosper and usurp the enemies from its lands, ands asked permission of the sylvaneth ancients to set his lodge on the battleground so as to see it done. Only then would his debt be repaid.

Years on and co-operation between the groups thrives under the rune father. Instead of halls of stone, the duardin find home within small canyons in the sandy ground, with the new trees of the grove spreading their roots to roof the settlements. The vault of the lodge rests in the centre of a maze like winding crevice within the desert floor, guarded by the spirits of Kurnoth and chosen fyreslayers alike. The trees of the grove are few, but massive towering structures, casting shade onto large swathes below. And wealth sates all as the growing grove reveals yet more ur-gold.

Yet rumours of dissent have never ceased. There are unspoken grudges on the pale skinned branchwraith, and some say spites have been heard whispering in Khazalid. It is unknown what will happen to the alliance when the oath is fulfilled.

I think this pretty cool user and those tree revenants with dwarf weapons look nice.
Not a lot of ideas for two diffrent groups being allies are being shared around so this is a fresh take.

So, the Exalted Verminlord is back, now renamed Warpgnaw Verminlord. Thoughts?

>It's just another huge-ass FW model I will never buy
Life is suffering

I feel that as GW has stepped up in their quality of models, FW has not.

I know this verminlord is just a rerelease, but the newer GW kits still look better than the newer FW ones.

Or maybe all of FWs time and effort go into making 30k stuff.

We 24" flying stormfiends now brah.

>maybe all of FWs time and effort go into making 30k stuff
Well, you've answered your question mate

Yeah I suppose so. It is a shame.

Old world was literally just 15th century Earth with nameswaps and magic. It was about as inspired as scrabble.

>I know this verminlord is just a rerelease, but the newer GW kits still look better than the newer FW ones.
imo this guy blows the plastic kit out of the water easily

Honestly, he's meh. FW's hand sculpting techniques stayed in 2010, while the rest of the world moved on.

What I was getting at is that the design is much better.
The other kit may have more details, but it's a clusterfuck in terms of design.

I'd rather plonk the resin guy on the table.

That's the beauty of being able to choose.

Thanks user, half the reason I started Sigmar was as I could paint drastically different units and still make an army under one grand alliance.

I've got an ironbark based list to try and be a bit more competitive at 1000 points but I'm tempted to just go full order so I can have some salamanders I've painted up accompany the Dwarves as pets / little magmadroths and spit horrible fire from just behind the lines

Raptors, specifically Longstrikes, are the reason Stormcast are the best army in the game right now. The Aetherstrike battalion is almost unbeatable when played properly.

They wrote themselves into a corner. Lizardmen were isolationists in Lustria and had zero reason to ever fight ogres, bretonnians, tomb kings, etc.

There were infinite elves but somehow also a dying race. There were infinite dark forests with infinite beastmen but somehow not enough to conquer humans or wood elves.

AOS has room to grow. It has mostly been focused on the Realmgates campaign but that's just Act One of a long saga

How is he huge? he takes up less space than the plastic one. And this model is great for alternate warpseers or corruptors

The fucker is even somehow CHEAPER than the GW one

Does he not have any points? i've got the model already i'd love to run him in a Moulder heavy list, that spell would off-set the random movement of the Helpit nicely, and i like his melee weapon and 5++

He looks fun

Rate this list, maximizing flesh eaters return slain units.

Its the 30k sculpts
They are amazing, probably have interns working on the rest

No points for him in the pdf. that's lame

Anyway i gotta say even as a rerelease this is a very interesting Skaven unit, his ability opens up new potential

This also gives us a better glimpse into skaven travel. i had wondered how exactly the Gnaw-holes work and assumed Priests or Seers opened the pathway. they still do but the idea of a half-crazed giant Daemon partially based in reality opening up tunnels and sending the armies through is more appealing

I'm surprised people love 30k so much. I've looked at them, and they're decidedly unimpressive style-wise. Then again, I always hated the early 90's models.

If they make the VLoAT cost more in GH2 I will be very butthurt
In no way is he a 300pt model

I like Arkanauts a lot but that character model is just fucking retarded

They were doing a good job - Steampunk is a shit aesthetic but in the context of dwarves as little clockwork men, it works. There's thematic harmony

And then this fucking faggot comes along, with a literal fucking top-hat. No. No no no.

Who is that, and why is it not worth 300?

>bitching about a model in a faction you don't play and will never buy and will likely never even see played against you on a board irl.
>being more of faggot than steampunk fags.

If the new aelves are nautical themed I will be very disapointed

Ogres don't feel like ogres.

They should feel like unstoppable paintrains smashing into your troops. Instead, unless they get a charge off on something really weak on their own, like goblins, they'll just hit them them get bogged down. There's no feeling of momentum.

If you don't get this feeling then you're playing ogres wrong desu

t. Has never played a game with ogres

Double FL on Stonehorns with brews and bellowing tyrant charging together into something will put out a combined 60 damage before saves. They don't get bogged by goblins, they wouldn't get bogged down by Archaon.

I meant Gutbusters, not BCR.

Maybe the le epbin cogfop neckbeard-tier steampunk shit put him off the faction, dumb shit

>hurrr no one can ever speak ill of anything

Where the fuck do you think you are? /r/warhammer cucks need to leave

>triggered

I acknowledged there might be a gem or two in the steaming puddle of semi-liquid shit that is this abortion of a setting, and you get all offended. Jeez, man.

>post your fluff

I have posted it in the Your Dudes thread, but here it is
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY

>white knighting some random dumb shit on Veeky Forums
>calling someone else reddit
did you get cucked by some fat cosplayer in a top hat user?

>whiteknighting
>Uhh m-maybe this e-epic buzzword will s-save me!!

Nah the dude is more than capable of calling out your immense asspain all by himself

See

I'm always amazed how people decide to let everyone know how much they don't like something instead of moving on. I'd have to spend all day shitting on infinity with that mindset.

While building my first AoS army (FEC) I remembered that I also have a couple of khorne guys from the starter sets still on sprue, so I though "If you are already cutting plastic and sniffing glue, why not get a 2nd aos army ready?".
So currently I own:

3 x Lord with hound
3 x Bloodsecrator
3 x Bloodstoker
3 x Khorgorath
1 x Slaughterpriest (the WD mini)
15 x Blood Warriors
60 x Bloodreavers

Also available are 3 x Scullcrushers and from my 40k minis a greater daemon of khorne.

Are there any other must have units for an army ranging from 1k to 2k points?

But with THAT mindset these threads could only ever be praise. what's wrong with bringing up the good and bad?

You should lurk moar. admittedly he could have voiced his feelings in a more open to discussion manner, but it's just how people talk here, you'll need to get used to it.

Get a second slaughterpriest for the gore pilgrims battalion. 30" bubble of +1 attack is no joke.

>They should feel like unstoppable paintrains smashing into your troops

gutbusters do exactly this

lots of rend-2 multi damage weapons and the destruction battle trait makes them haul ass across the field

basic ogors arent that great but you might be expecting too much from a battleline unit

Elves don't deserve new releases.

Absolute cancer

List posting

Saurus Sunblood
Skink Starpriest
Saurus Warriors x40 with Alpha, Banner and Drum
Saurus Knights X10 with Alpha and Banner
Terradon Riders X3 with Alpha

Dark elf corsairs armies were never very popular. More of a niche army that a small subset of dark elf players liked. Dark elf players themselves only make up a third or less of people who play elf armies in general. So almost by default you can expect that a release like you described, dark elf pirates, will disappoint somewhere between 90 and 95% of potential customers.

What would you guys recommend for starting Skaven? I just love those skittering little jerks

>people aren't supposed to like things I don't like.

no

remember to tell them to follow the rules from their codex

>le picard startrek maymay
is it 2002?

stormfeinds with Wolfenstein cannons
doomwheels are fun
Any verminlord is pretty cool

soon

The novel city of secrets has a fleetmaster in it and it kicks all kinds of asshole.
I'm sure they are coming back.

I've got nothing against Aelves personally, but Aelf fans are the most cancerous people in the general and that is fact

Requesting a kind user to photoshop Broks head with top hat on Geoffrey ala "YOU SWINDLED ME"

>wanting updates for your army
>cancer

no.

Hey guys, I'm looking to start a new army, and I was looking at Bonesplitterz, and I was wondering, is the army itself a horde army? Plus would you guys know the pros and cons of the army itself?

I can't stand Horus heresy shit. I want a Fucking Battletome for Chaos Dwarfs already

Orcs are the American blacks of the Warhammer world.
Bone splittas are the African blacks.

Yes they are a horde army.
Pros:
EZ to paint
Fun units
New tome with new rules

Cons:
Not a crazy range of units or HQ
They are nigs of AoS

Literally a vargheist

>literally the official art for Malarion leader of the shadow elves

ftfy