/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1jEIhgnDAVtiKR60HMK8smKhecnq5N9BmTyPaD_2LYeQ/edit?usp=sharing
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sanity_Theft
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_Beam_Emission)
youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Phagogenesis
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Sight
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Embodiment
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Red_String_Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Storm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Re-postin since I wana see builds.

docs.google.com/document/d/1jEIhgnDAVtiKR60HMK8smKhecnq5N9BmTyPaD_2LYeQ/edit?usp=sharing

Just reposting the design doc for my yuri CYOA for a single additional thread to give it a bit more exposure.
Still hoping for some suggestions, if possible.

Reposting questions from last thread

>Who are the council members? I only see them mentioned in "the stairway window".

>The CYOA seems to suggest that you just have some normal job while living in a crazy paranormal apartment. Is this actually true?

I think you should rework Tier 3 of Control, it doesn't seem to fit with the other tiers of it. In my opinion that is.

Libbie
The Sword
Batfolk
Black Castle
Bloodsprings
Bloodfruit
Climate
Days
Hunters
Reptilians
Demons

>「Blood Count」
Blood Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation
Destructive power: A
Speed: A
Range: D
Durability: B
Precision: E
Learning: A

Gonna be using it as living armor and weapons. It inherently has about 2 pints of "faux-blood" it appears with itself, but by allowing it to draw out and use my own blood it can get more powerful.
Since it can learn it can automatically defend me as well as tell me what to do in order to gain the upper hand after it fights for a while to analyze. It's speed helps it defend, as well as allow me to move faster. Strength and Durability to make me a Juggernaut of doom.

>BroJo
Fabulous as Fuck
Plot Armor
Do you even pose?

>Original Universe Modern Day
I was with JoJo when we woke up strapped to tables. We had been kidnapped by some paranormal society that wanted to learn and duplicate the power of stands.
After we broke out with some kickass fighting we partnered up to protect fellow stand users and destroy the society.

Couldn't think of anything else to fit "Body manipulation" and "inhuman bio-abilities".
Plus, that row is all gonna be over the top choices.

Is there an option to be the big sister gentle Femdom type?
Like an older student preying on a shy younger girl?

「Psycho Killer」
STAND USER: Sanity Theft
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sanity_Theft

DES:C→ B (1)
SPE:C→ B (2)
RAN:E→ D (3)
DUR:D→ B (5)
PRE:C→ A (7)
DEL:D→ C (8)

STAND USER: Anselm Byrne

Fabulous As Fuck(2)
Villain (5) Des:A SPE:A DEL:B

Anselm was born with a severe case of schizophrenia, spending much of his life in and out of institutions. Due to his inability to cope with life he was unable to find long term employment, finding that selling his body was the best means of his survival. A climate unwilling to pay tried to kill Anselm, though fortunately for him his stand activated, saving his life by draining the sanity of his attacker. Anselm found that he could mitigate his symptoms by taking the sanity of others. He now drains any victim he can safely find to stave off his madness, though his desire for sanity has lead him to a new madness.

Holy fuck what a perfect villain.
But could you withstand「Blood Count」?
How do you use you stand? Within touching distance of user with D rnage? With precision I bet just looking in someone's eyes from close up.

Meant to say "D Range"

I suppose going with the whole theme of a former prostitute and how it activated, I guess physical contact makes the most sense.

>But could you withstand「Blood Count」?
I don't know that seems like a pretty good power, and with sensible limits to my stand's ability it would be hard to breach your defense. I guess my only option would be grappling and trying to find a space in between your armor. That's probably the best option, aside from subterfuge of some sort.

I am two pipe hits away from getting high enough to suggest a JoJo rp.

One more villain, a JoJo, and either a Mentor or BroJo.
We're making the next season.

>former prostitute and how it activated
Could I fuck you with a condom and you couldn't take my sanity? That would be a funny as hell scene.

Could someone post the latesy stardust ar all please? Having trouble tracking the uptodate version in archive.
Also, if anyone has it, that stardust: spess refuge dlc.
For research purposes yall.

Is the love interest section as detailed as designing yourself?

>No dicks

I'll give it a shot.

Stand Name: Summer and Lightning
Stand Ability: [Electrical Beam Emission](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_Beam_Emission)
Power - C
Speed - D
Range - A
Durability - D
Precision - A
Potential - E

My Stand's a deadly sniper, able to hit opponents from far away with electrical attacks. While they might not be the most powerful attacks, the range at which I can attack with it, as well as the precision of my attacks, means that they'll do quite a bit of damage none the less. Unfortunately, my Stand is rather lacking in durability, and can't fire rapidly. This, combined with the fact that I've hit the end of the road development wise, means that I have to make every shot count, or it might mean my end.

>Mentor
Ripped as Fuck
Sharp Dresser
Do you even pose?

I'm a detective who's been after the society for a while now. Unfortunately, they wield great power and influence, and so I've been unable to confront them head on. Instead, I've taken to striking at their weak spots, hitting them where it hurts, and working to uncover their plans. But alone, I have been unable to truly defeat them.

Recently, it seems that two young Stand users were able to escape the society, and have taken to fighting back against them. Perhaps...I no longer need to fight them alone.

Was that any good? First time doing one of these kind of builds.

Im so fucking high I've misspelled "Tier" 8 times in a fucking row. Kill me.

That's a lot of fucking tiers.

Hell yeah man. Hell of a support and mentor role.
Shame you fucking die.

It is my friend it is.

Thanks, man. Might have to do more of these in the future.
Eh, that's just how it is. Everyone dies, all that matters is how you go, and the legacy you left behind. Since you guys are my legacy, here's one last message from your mentor: Stand Proud.

SEEEEEEENSEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

You should add futa.

This would be our outro music for the first half of the season. Rain drops falling to the beat.
youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

Here's a shameless second build just because making characters for this is probably the best part about /cyoag/
Stand Name:「Child of Mine」

Stand ability: Phagogenesis
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Phagogenesis
An insect-humanoid creature around the size of a man. It has a heroic appearance, like it was straight out of a sentai show. By devouring living beings「Child of Mine」 can produce clones that share a hive mind. Due to their range they can be spread apart very wide, covering large areas.

DES: D→C (1)
SPE: C→B (2)
RAN: C→B (3)
DUR: D→C (4)
PER: E→C (6)
LEA: C→A (8)

Stand User: Hudson Slash

Exactly the Same: 0
>None of these worked for a my character idea, but this was the closest.
Minor Villain: 1
Sharp Dresser: 2
>I imagine he can dress himself relatively well, but he’s not cool enough to pose with any skill
Plot Armor*3: 5

A young boy Hudson has grown enamored with insects. He found solace in their structured, simple lives, something he found lacking in human life. He had troubles connecting with other people, but he could always understand insects. Now that he has the power to, he wants to create a city of insects where he can live peacefully away from the difficulties of a world too complex for Hudson. He knows better but why should he care for others when they only made his life hard? Maybe if someone could show him the beauty of humanity, he could learn to accept others. Though how could he redeem himself after willingly letting others die so that he could build his army?

That's pretty cool.

That's a pretty sweet power and backstory, user, you'd make a good villain.

>Summer and Lightning
Hey that's a pretty good song you got there, I guess that's half the fun of these things.

That's a really cool concept, I think this is probably one of the more interesting mentor builds I've seen, and the mentor/sniper combo has nice synergy.

That is fucking terrifying.

「Angel Eyes」
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Sight
Destructive Power: D
Speed: B
Durability: D
Range: B
Precision: A
Development Potential: A

A squat figure clad in garish pink robes, Angel Eyes isn't exactly a powerhouse. No, its true talents lie in seeing the human heart. The nature of those around the stand, their intentions, their mental state, who they are as people. That sort of thing. Besides being useful to support and/or manipulate people, it's also pretty useful at seeing those who try to hide, and seeing whether or not someone has a certain kind of power latched onto their souls. You know, stands.

Fabulous as Fuck
JoJo
Sharp Dresser
Do you even pose?

Joel Joswick is a bit of a creep. Years of being able to see the human soul and its contents will do that to a man. Being able to pierce through lie and custom with a glance, having foreknowledge of when someone's coming into a room, it can really unsettle people. It doesn't help that he's got a passion for trying to solve other people's problems, ones they may not openly show or mention to others or even care about fixing. He thinks it's important, because he can literally see how great they COULD be with just a little push.

He mostly works low-quality jobs where he can talk to people and have disturbingly piercing conversations. Which is where the trouble started. A number of people began appearing with shredded souls, their very minds torn open. Rending marks across the memory, gashes along the capacity to feel. A deep rage overcame him, and he took off after the trail of broken hearts. Unfortunately, he ran afoul of another group of people looking for the culprit: a gaggle of ominous fucks trying to figure out how the soul works.

I've been on an ELO kick recently, figured I'd go with one of their songs for a Stand name. And with a power like that, Summer and Lightning seemed like a great fit.

Thanks, just thought I'd give the sniper/support role a shot with a power and build like that.

Huh. That's...surprisingly fitting.

Endurance seems really weak. I mean, I wouldn't spit on someone offering me ability to keep going at full power for six hours and make with only 1 hour of sleep. But compared to especially Strength and Speed, it's kinda lacking.

I think level 1 and 2 might work as they are, tho they are still weak, they at least have some synergy with other powers. Level 3 might be ok for level 1, unless the world is going to be exploding at such pace that you can't get enough sleep normally.

>Uses blood armor and weapons, was kidnapped by evil society
>Former manwhore with mental issues turned serial vegetator
>Detective unable to achieve major gains alone against an evil society, high likelihood of dying heroically
>Evil autistic kid trying to get rid of humans
>Creepy, but good hearted man who scares people, ran afoul with a group looking to understand "souls"

>Kingdom Hearts-esque plot about souls and hearts and evil secret groups
>A bunch of fucked up weirdos and losers

Shit we're hitting maximum levels of edge here I love it, this is great, what do we call it, Edge Unbroken?

You gotta think tho, those extra strength and speed abilities dont say you magically gain the energy to use it. Endurance boost defines your limits, especially if you have strength and speed ups.
My thought process anyway.

I love the vibe of this thing

Also does anyone have that Island Survival cyoa, where you pick your hideout and magic artifacts and quests and shit
I thought I had it saved but turns out I didn't

>is partnered with a misanthropic dragon that hates humanity
>murders so much even she thinks he needs to calm the fuck down
>defeated someone who was immortal by killing them so many times Death just gave up

Caim is the patron saint of murder for a reason.

Yeah, I thought about that but then Endurance is just a point that, "Take this so that your powers actually work". At which point you might as well give it automatically and reduce the points accordingly. And level 3 still is highly situational.

We got a season of JoJo to pitch now.
Unbroken Heart would be better imo.

Also, page 1 of 4 is done. Fucking hell, I think I have carpel tunnel.

Edge Unbroken actually sounds like a name for a JoJo Part.

>just a point that
Why am I so bad at this., meant point tax.

I'll probably change it later, but I'm tired. So for now, I'll just say it's for people committed to The Body.
Any suggestions?

I just woke up so brain no work good and I haven't read the two other worlds yet but really fast suggestion is fast healing and disease resistance.

>fast suggestion is fast healing and disease resistance.
I thought that's be overpowered for a skill, so those will be item effects/companion perks.

>the main villain of the first game is more afraid of him than the otherwordly forces that possessed them
>everyone agrees that killing the dragon is easier than killing him
>the ending where he ends the pact with his dragon leads to Caim killing her and then running off to solo every dragon in the world
Installing Angelic script font as we speak because we need MURDER the CYOA.

Looked balanced at first, but reading through it, think I'll lower it to 7 or 9.
Also spotted and fixed some spelling errors and formatting.

>[ruler of everything]
Time Embodiment
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Embodiment
Destructive Power: A
Speed: B
Range: E
Durability: D
Precision: A
Learning: A
The ruler of everything is the hand of the clock, it measures all things. Just be manipulating it I can desintegrate your face into chalk, as if you have way much more time on you, but I have to get close enough to touch you.
>Ripped as fuck (5)
>Minor Villain (4)
>Plot Armor X4 (0)

Doesn't look like level three Familiar is a good option, how is it an improvement?

If I work really hard on making an NTR CYOA, will NTR user start bullying me too?

I really want him to bully me.

I don't see any difference between Triforge and Auelus now.

>9 points
You know that you have to buy lower tiers too?

I should include it in description, but as a demon, it could easily take on whatever it is that's about it kill you.
Good bodyguard.

It's not that fun.

Got you user.

Probably. But are you the one who is meant to cuck or the one who will be cucked?

Hmmm. Good point. Any idea how to reword it to say "Monster Girls" without saying monster girl?

You know, for all the sperging about cucking, there's only two NTR cyoas that I know of and neither of them actually ever gets posted. It's like it's just some autist getting triggered endlessly and shitposting nonstop.

Like the user in the last thread said, there's a lot of great potential in this CYOA.

Like I'm pretty sure Painter's Memento, Scarlet Youth in Paint, The Housefather and the Painter's Apprentice (and the painter himself), are all connected. It seems like a mystery set up for you to explore and unravel, if this was taking place in a game. There's a lot of stuff like this, really activates the almonds. Great job man.

Seconding "who are the council members?". They only get offhandedly mentioned, I'm really curious what this is about.

Bestial humanoid females?

Yeah. The NTR CYOA that DSA made hasn't gotten posted in ages. It only starting getting brought up after DSA listed it as one of the CYOAs he made a few threads ago.

Stand name:「Cheer」
Stand Ability: powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Red_String_Manipulation

Destructive power: E
Speed: D
Range: C -> A
Durability: D -> B
Precision: C -> A
Learning: C -> A

I start life in this world exactly the same.
I'm an Average Jo
I am a sharp dresser, and I also have cool hair.

Focusing on my stand, the image of an older woman comes to mind. Kind, compassionate eyes adorn her wrinkled face. Her figure, despite being warped from many decades of living, seems strong.

Something has happened. Your stand has stopped shifted form. She stands before you, the very picture of what was in your mind moments before. Her hunched figure seems to emit an aura of warmth as she looks to you with a motherly expression.

She explains that she can both see and manipulate the red strings of fate. The red strings, she explains, connects each person to their destined lover.

She pauses before continuing. She looks out to the distance as she frowns. With a shake of head, she says that there is too much pain and suffering in this world. It is her goal, she reasons, to lessen the burden for others. She requests we travel the world, helping people everywhere either find their true love, or become happier loving those they already do.

I take a moment before responding. Quite a bit has happened so far, so I'm not really sure what to do. Well, whatever. You'll worry about everything when you have to. If you can help others, even a little, then you may as well give it a shot. Who knows, maybe you could put in some time on the side to track down your destined lover along the way. You look to Cheer and smile.

Thanks man

That means furry.

Just say monster girls? God why are you letting some whiny shit who shitposts here on purpose change your CYOA?

Bestial humanoid females sans snouts.

Femina Lusus/Freaky Women
Inhuman women
Daemoness

Though monstergirl monster woman is going to be the best possible term imho.
Though I think Auelus and Triforge are different in an obvious enough manner. Monster people and demons/dragons are pretty different.

I want a CYOA where I can be a supervillain who has a gigantic cathedral-like office with a giant pipe organ behind my desk. All visitors and delegates would need to walk through the hall to reach me, which would take about ten minutes, while I'd annoy them with spoopy organ music.

One is a typical fantasy world, swords and wizards, with human majority. Other is atypical fantasy world with human minority.

Superprison cyoa, I guess.

monster girls have more than just bestial traits in their mix

>unironically using the phrase typical fantasy

that cyoa is trash and doesn't even apply better than a hundred other almost-mismatches

typically fantasy contains fantastical elements

Post a cyoa of which you'd like to think all builds live in the same setting.

Think you're missing a page for this one

I have that marked as DLC, I don't always post DLC, especially when the subject of the post was a shared universe and this could result in overlapping companions.

>Post a cyoa of which you'd like to think all builds live in the same setting.

I like the idea of that.

>Name
「La Ritournelle」(Sébastien Tellier Song)
>Power
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Storm
>Stats (Arrows show the starting stat and how they got upgraded using points)
Destructive power: C->A (2)
Speed: C->B (3)
Range: D->C (4)
Durability: E->D (5)
Precision: D->A (8)
Learning: C

>Stand User
Price Pocaro (Pocaro family from Toto and Vincent Price (Actor).

Exactly The Same
Average Jo
Plot Armor (x4)

The powerlisting links to it's definition and needs a bit of work but the main gist of the power is that it can exacerbate the magnitude of events in it's range.

This could be beneficial or destructive based on the line of events that are chosen by those within range. For example a person finds a five dollar bill, buys a lottery ticket with it, and winning the maximum jackpot would be a use of La Ritornelle's Perfect Storm.

Someone attacking La Ritornelle only for them to miss, get their foot caught in a sewer drain, the gasses being blocked by their body pops a nearby sewer grate which causes a vehicle to spiral out of control and hit the attacker would be a good example of it's ability as well.

Overall it would just look like controlled chaos all around that somehow benefits the user and their allies.

It's how I intended this to work. If you didn't get that I need to make this more explicit in V2

>rolls for Genetics
>Weakness to loud noises
>Weakness to submersion in water
>Weakness to wood
>Weakness to iron
>Weakness to sunlight

What's my superhero name?

Ki is cool and all but it kinda suffers in that once again you are the ultimate punchman and there's nobody to challenge you. I guess you are explicitly unaging but Magic, Spirits and Super-Science probably can do that too.

Gonna personally Super-Science that shit, we are going to space.

Naturally the ultimate punchman must train disciples in order to make proper challenges. I'm going to be doing a lot of brooding on mountains though.

Maybe in the next version you can make it less video-gamey. For me at least, that sort of kills the setting, videogames themselves take great lengths to hide the fact that it's a game and try to be as immersive as possible.

I can't unsee how her left eye looks like it is staring straight at you, making her look horribly cross eyed.