Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1493: (Bio)Diversity Awareness Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcqj0APsDsM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 338 (1d816)

>(Bio)Diversity Awareness
What's that mean?

Also rolling for thread's jump.

And the winner is... Grim Fandango!!! Tadaaa!
I have no idea what this is.

The Grim Fandango. All I know of this jump is that it's not the grimmest but is probably the most fandango.

>>I have no idea what this is.

One of the best point-and-click adventure games ever

youtube.com/watch?v=kcqj0APsDsM

The source materiel is apparently a masterpiece of the highest caliber. Never played it, but it looks more unique than any game that's come out in the last half decade.

Psychopomp options are usually pretty nifty, and for this jump specifically, Four Year Journey of the Soul is also pretty great.

Some kind of cis-carbon lifeform social justice awareness movement, by the sound of it.

Well, that's about as much as I know too. It's one of those games I hear people talk about like a classic but have never even watched an LP for, since it's not from a genre I'm big on.

Apparently it's pretty good in a quirky way?

Bancho has the right of that one, not gonna lie.

Jumpers! Have you ever visited the afterlife?
How was your stay?

The angels are belligerent and I'm still there.

>>(Bio)Diversity Awareness
>What's that mean?
It's about the importance of properly representing Black(Bear)'s and the Gay(Dolphin)'s.

I set one up because I feel my religion's followers Deserved one,you can trade in good karma for any combination of time in a paradise loosely based on the one from Pastafarianism ,a better life situation upon Reincarnation, keeping your memories on Rebirth or body customization options. people with negative karma just get Ego death

Is there anything in jumpchain similar to Gate of Babylon which would allow me to use all the weapons I have at once?

Which one?

I've visited the one Chuck built in Supernatural. It was...very American. The beer was good, though. Paradiso's much nicer in every way, really.

I also visited Valhalla-the original one, that is. It's like the Superbowl but bloodier, and if EVERYONE was trying to be MVP, and the mead tasted like a diabetic's piss. Good bacon, though. Once to help Balder cheat death I also glamoured myself to look like a corpse in order to infiltrate Hel, which was actually kinda nice once you got used to the gloom-bit like Fallen London really, but you could see why the average Viking would consider it awful because of the peace and quiet. Hel's (the goddess) quarters were also surprisingly posh, but that's another story.

Hades is alright. Lots of shiny things, some positively paradisical islands and the Asphodel Fields are pretty comfy. Really if you ignore the ironic torture caves the architecture has a certain gothic charm. Orpheus and Euridice actually came back to visit at the edge on occasion, and I helped them take pictures.

And there's not much to say about the Dark Desert I tricked the Cunning Man into chasing me through. It's dark. It's a desert. Those damned tricksy retro-reincarnation slipstreams are effin' everywhere if you walk far enough.

Moderately advanced Telekinesis.
Just taking a copy of Gate of Bablyon.
Enchanting your weapons with dancing.

...and many more!

>I set one up
How'd you do that? I got a paradise from Actraiser but it's not top-tier and it has a population limit.
>people with negative karma just get Ego death
How do your followers feel about that?

Cataquack Warrior here. Just to be clear, my only posts last night were the ones concerned with Magical Pokémon Journey. I am not responsible for the other posts, and I do not condone his or her rude behavior.

I want to thank people for letting me know about the custom of contacting Quicksilver, and for the gradual understanding about the differences in the setting.

I'm probably going to be out of the discussion for a while, but just to ask, was there any more feedback on my Sesame Street jump? I sort of lost track of that in all the confusion last night.

Requip and sword magic from Fairy Tail.

how good is Warframe tech wise?

I think top-tiers were comparable to C'tan shards?

269. Grim Fandango
Origin: Lost Souls Alliance
Perks: You're Dead!, Upgraded Dia De Los Muertos, Recruitment, For The People, For I Am The Grim Reaper, Carried On Shimmering Wings of Justice, ¡Viva la Revolución!
Items: Collapsible Scythe, Pigeon Eggs
Drawbacks: Travel Guide

I don't really have a problem being dead. Being undead is still not something I'm willing to put up with, but death itself is fine.

I think the drawback is something I would have done anyway.

There was someone saying something about a perk costing more if your took another perk or something along those lines

Sorry about that again, it's mainly my fault because I misinterpreted a few posts.

I'm no sesame street buff so I wasn't sure what to make of the jump, but it mostly looked pretty well put together together. The only things that stood out were jumping over the moon and the one perk that let you transform items into other items that ended in an "e" (I think?); in particular I feel the latter ought to be limited to modern day earth items since IIRC it's based on a learning-by-showing thing.

I'm less sure about the moon thing, though.

>comparable to C'tan shards

They...can create antimatter at will, toss things into the darkness before time and fire transdimensional lightning bolts?

I get that the Orokin were super advanced, but I didn't know they were that good

I've been looking for something to jump next. This will be It
>How'd you do that? I got a paradise from Actraiser but it's not top-tier and it has a population limit.

going into the one from Actraiser and Tinkering with it using a combination of my devil-tiger charms and some miscellaneous magic to upgrade it. also bear in mind I said time in paradise rather than eternity in paradise.

>How do your followers feel about that?

It's not a thing, we all agree that it's more merciful than eternal torment and it's basically standard reincarnation as opposed to the reincarnation with Extra toppings that good people get.
it really varies depending on the faction you're talking about

The money worshipers can be pretty high-end, easily comparable to eclipse phase in robotics with animalistic AI and energy weapons

The military clones have some pretty awesome practical Cybernetics , but crap genetic engineering and space travel but Pretty low High energy physics stuff.

the ninja drones are pretty balanced, but don't have any real infrastructure and are largely subsisting on the scraps of an ancient, awesome space Empire.

The infected Are one of the most powerful biotech weapons in jump chain having destroyed said space empire

The killer alien space robots are decently high-end for killer alien space robots and to be treated as such.

the ancient space Empire are pretty much dead except for some automated towers but they have some of the best stuff and you'll be fighting everyone else for their scraps

What are some perks that synergism with having a lot of money?

check out generic economic for a money powered minion or Saints row

also go to hero BBS,generic dungeon crawl or high school DXD for magic systems powered by money

k guys you asked for it (forever ago) here the concept

No. Stop. Stop typing right now. Don't bite it. It doesn't have to turn out this way.
Jumpers, what do you do with all your old stuff that you don't use anymore?

>Jumpers, what do you do with all your old stuff that you don't use anymore?

It all gets used in crafting one way or another,I have basically all the crafting so a copy gets archived on Captchalogue card and indexed for future replication and a copy gets broken apart and sorted into components for scrap

I think there was something in Ravenloft for that?

I convert all of it into money using something from Saints Row that allows you to convert anything you own into liquid assets, or by more traditional methods assuming I have the opportunity to make a bigger profit that way.

Fucking garbage

I have a castle I used to store non-important but nostalgic stuff, usually sorted into rooms by themes.

I duct tape it all together into a giant ball that makes for an implausibly effective weapon, if I hadn't already merged it into my primary loadout.

Either that, or I archive it by jump in pocket spaces.

I like where this is going.

great criticism ther budy ill make sure to work on that

Well, I hate to waste perfectly good mass and energy. So most of that old stuff? It gets broken down/assimilated/alchemised/reatomised/infused/conceptualy distilled into NEW stuff I use in my adventures.

I keep a few mementos in pandimensionally folded snowglobes, though. There's the preserved remains of the first midget I ever cybernetically modified, the first tower I ever built out of Songstone, the disembodied shadow of my antispiral self. Oh, and the first snowglobe of course.

There's this cabinet full of snowglobes in my warehouse, where I store these things. Well, it's a cabinet on the outside. It's a charming city with house-sized cabinets on the inside.

>synergism

I see the curse of the freudian slips has past from me. Also, I guess you could try applying Karmatron Dynamics from GUNNM to economics?

nice i need a fourth castle
my casting, the mini replica of my castle in my castle, and the castle for my wives so they don't feel bad about having no authority in my castle

I don't care about killing Accelerator, how do I save all of the Misaka clones before they die?

also planning a Pokemon Go jump(for some reason) but ther is a definite chance ill totally forget and not get any farther

>They...can create antimatter at will, toss things into the darkness before time and fire transdimensional lightning bolts?

Some of them have some pretty crazy hax. One moved the moon into a void (pocket dimension?) and other had its own separated reality. Also, a lot of clark-tech virus that bypasses normal defenses and the like.

Not an expert on the matter only played the game a bit and read summaries.

Honestly, if you really wanted this to get taken seriously, you should have waited until you had a serious WIP before coming here.

As it is right now you will only get the attention of the shitposters.

that's a bad plan, do that and you'll make waves, make waves and Alastair Crowley will come after you and Alastair Crowley is Omni

>Get a perk in Monopoly gauntlet so you can always move your currency from a jump to another
>Get a perk in Monopoly gauntlet so you can 'force' people to let you purchase anything that they own as long as you can pay x1.5 of its price
>Go to Ravenloft and Ghost Rider and get the 'able to trade anything'
>Purchase powers from anyone

Also:
>That perk from Saints Rows that lets you skip training by paying
>Buy Mode (Counter Strike) and the Abyss Market (Gamer) to purchase literally anything. Fill your own Gate of Babylon.

Grim Fandango was a really good point and click adventure game from the era when those were big-budget things instead of something only indie studios and Telltale Games worked on. It's this weird film noir story taking place in an Aztec-inspired afterlife. You are Manny Calavera, a an agent for the Department of the Afterlife, who discovers that his fellow grim reapers are rigging the system to divert souls from their proper destination for sinister purposes, and sets out on a journey through the literal underworld's figurative underworld to set things right. Good stuff.

>Is omni
Yeah, no.

He's not even the strongest of his kind.

Bruh i was asked for a prof of concept (i believe the terminology used was 'nutt up or shut up' so i threw something together. i guess i want some excitement but i dont care if it gets taken seriously. its already got a custom Pokemon maker in progress and a dope companion idea, I'm proud of it

Looks shit and your future ideas sound shit. As was said it'd be.

shitposter thing was dead on though

look, that's what everyone's been telling me since forever if the series escalated. I didn't know

How do price certain purchases? If I wanted Saitama's plot power how much do I have to give him?

Has anyone claimed a Bastard!! jump? If not, I'd like to claim it.

He's pretty beefy though. You wouldn't be able to touch him if you weren't on a level above Magic God, and those fuckers are bullshit on their own.

The Monopoly perk only works on properties.

No, and godspeed.

The latest issues have been a fustercluck, but as far as I can tell all the majins together on their home turf apparently outclass him. But he's canny enough to curse them in such a way they become vulnerable when they tried to cross over into Earth.

Probably the gross domestic product earth times a few quadrillion.

To be fair, given that's all the True Magic Gods at once, it's pretty much just more praise for how fucking broken Aleister himself is anyway. Nigga has to take on like half a dozen multiversal gods to hit a wall and even then he can figure a way to kill the one he wants to kill.

Nothing because the combo doesn't work.See

You can also buy an afterlife in the (new) Bleach jump. Expensive, but worth it for giving two middle fingers to the dicks running Bleach's existing afterlife, and you can bring it with you - which means you can also give middle fingers to folks like the Chaos Gods in WH40K.

He is not an omni by any means.

Being strong doesn't make you unbeatable.

>properties

property
plural properties
a : a quality or trait belonging and especially peculiar to an individual or thing
b : an effect that an object has on another object or on the senses
c : virtue 2
d : an attribute common to all members of a class
a : something owned or possessed; specifically : a piece of real estate
b : the exclusive right to possess, enjoy, and dispose of a thing : ownership
c : something to which a person or business has a legal title
d : one (such as a performer) who is under contract and whose work is especially valuable
e : a book or script purchased for publication or production
: an article or object used in a play or motion picture except painted scenery and costumes

Some twit on SB is making one but that's over there and they haven't said anything for here, so feel free to give it your best shot. Love that series.

Oh absolutely, I'm not saying he's weak by any measure. Just trying to contextualise his place in the Indexverse's powerlevels.

Nobody's saying he's unbeatable, what I think people are trying to say is he's one of the toughest dudes on the block in that 'verse/

That should really be Goku.

You're an idiot. It's Monopoly. Properties are houses and hotels in Monopoly. Holy shit you cannot possibly be trying to wank a perk from fucking Monopoly. It even has fucking Landlord in the title.

It means property as in housing. You know. Like in the actual monopoly game. Where passing go lets you collect 200 dollars, not the power to become the strongest hero.

Oh, yeah, agree with you on the whole not omni thing too. Sorry if I came off as saying otherwise.

Just use charisma perks to get the powers anyway

One definition of the word 'property' is "an attribute, quality, or characteristic of something." I know that the other more material definition is what the gauntlet author was probably going for, but the ambiguity of the word could be wanked by those capable of great mental gymnastics.
Just to be fair to the combo poster.

I am the patron Jumper Of bad plans, every plan I have ever made has been bad, having made bad plans for everything I can see the flaws and weaknesses in every plan allowing me to recognize bad plans Instantly. purposefully antagonizing the big four by starving them is a very bad plan.

Okay, then he is not Omni but he is still apparently ridiculously powerful,it is my understanding that even a magic immune jumper should not tangle with Him.

>the exclusive right to possess, enjoy, and dispose of a thing : ownership
G E T F U C K E D

Okay are you just shitposting now or do you genuinely believe this

I just need to know if I ought to bother going through 4plebs or if you're doing semantics bant because reasons

It's cool, you didn't

>spoiler

...I'm curious, what kind of succubus cumslut magic is there that can literally suck out Saitama's strength?

Thanks! You're talking about Section of the Soul Society right?

In the version I found (in the A-AM folder of the drive) it only costs 400cp which seems pretty seasonable.

Not that guy, but if you're telling me that the only thing that counts as 'property' is land, then you're the fucking idiot here.

bookmaker from medaka box+dimensional stab from overlord the series.

Remember having near infinite power levels is trumped by conceptual effects,And caped Baldy runs off of power levels.

Two idiots, both of whom have no understanding of context.

Is there any alternative to Dual Weapon (Sburb) for importing a melee weapon into a gun?

I wasn't asking you, and not about those perks. Go away. I was asking about what that user meant by CHARISMA perks specifically.

Also, I disagree.

I am telling you that this is a motherfuckin' perk from a goddamn Monopoly jump, not the Happy Fun Superpower Lottery jump. I was there when it was written, and the explicit intention was for properties as in housing.

Seven Deadly Sins has an section that can combine stuff

I think that's RWBY weapons' whole shtick? Like the MC's main is a scythe that shoots bullets or something.

I don't follow the RWBY talk much, though. All I know is that every girl is shit and the show is objectively terrible but for some reason everyone's obsessed with the shipping anyway.

Yang is thicc and seems to have the least issues so she's my fav.

Can't you important it as a variable weapon in RWBY?
Been awhile since I looked at the jump

>Thicc
>Curvy is now thicc
this meme has gone too far

So, basically, you're right because you say you are and anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? It's nice to know that I'm arguing with a shitposter at least.

>I was there when it was written, and the explicit intention was for properties as in housing.
>arguing on the basis of intent
> in /jc/

yes user, Monopoly totally has a perk that lets you buy anyones superpowers away without their permission and that perk is totally worth less then owning a park or not getting brought up on monopolization charges.

my god you are so stupid my eyes hurt

>thicc
She's not thicc, she's just busty.

Know the terminology.

Face it, at this point THICC is just to this decade what "hot" was to the '90s.

>arguing on the basis of intent

Hey, you're the one trying to convince me a perk from Monopoly should give you conceptual powerstealing abilities because you won the spelling bee.

tell me of RWBY waifus /jc/, and who would make for good companions?

Alright, according to the regulars who rant about RWBY-there's some bitch called Salem and some other bitch called Cinder who are irredeamable criminals but also waifu material somehow. There's also a mute criminal girl named after ice cream.

And the catgirl is terrible. Ruby herself is a cute and also a harem protagonist apparently. I forgot what they said about the albino. And there's a blonde dude who keeps getting bullied and also ignores the amazonian redhead pining for him.

Honestly I just recommend Yang because she seems to have the least bullshit connected to her.

This user lies, they are all horrible with no exceptions.

It's Accelerator who kills them, so anything that sufficiently derails his orders or motivation to do so will work.

Alternately:

_It's Raining Misakas!_
Conjuration (Calling)
Level: 10
Components: V,S,F,XP
Casting Time: 5 minutes
Range: Interplanar
Area: Planetary
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (no automatic failure chance)
Spell Resistance: Yes
Effect: Instantly teleports all clones of Misaka Mikoto in the target area to the caster's location, appearing in a burst spread surrounding the caster with a density of one clone per open 5ft space. If a clone makes their Will Save, resists the spell or would appear in an occupied space, the spell fails only to teleport that clone; if there is insufficient line of effect to teleport all of the clones, the spell teleports as many as it can.
Notes: Verbal, somatic and focus components involve the caster doing a live cover of It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls, substituting "Misakas" for "Men", with a clone (or the original) of Misaka Mikoto in attendance. XP component is 5xp per clone to be teleported (succeed or fail).

Yes, that's the one. I thought it was 600, my bad.

I mean, that boat is probably better than most of the girls if taken at face value

I'm just saying, Yang's probably the least horrible from what I can tell

>5xp per clone
>Jumper loses several classes and all the levels trying to make it rain Misakas

....worth it?

Eh, that's a bit iffy - his power isn't really just raw numbers.

He literally breaks the themes of the setting.

It's not so easy to just declare him (or anyone) vulnerable to "conceptual" effects - because "conceptual" covers an enormously broad range of potential phenomenon and interpretations.

"Conceptual" simply means it has an effect based upon a natural language description of events. It's tempting to assume that gives it the same kind of primacy over the merely material, like the "ineffable soul" gets over the physical brain, but it doesn't unless it explicitly spells that out.

For characters like Crowley it's honestly better to just wait until they inevitably get beaten to wank ZA HAND before jumping to conclusions. Literally every magic user ever has been described as DOUBLE OMNIPOTENT until they somehow get literally slapped down.

I mean, even in Medaka Box there's a chap called Ihiko who lolnopes the bookmaker screws. But somehow the Devil Style guy holds his own against him, and then the Real Eater girl (whose body his ghost is hijacking) tricks him into switching bodies too many times so she can make him punch himself, which...retcons all his actions as well as "killing" him again.

user, the conceptual power buying shit has nothing to do with Monopoly beyond that a combo to do that included a perk which made people sell you whatever they owned as long as you paid for it. You equating that with conceptual power stealing is retarded.

It's only 100000xp to get them all user, even if you're not using some form of XP mitigation munchkinry to get that down to zero. And a L10 spell is Epic, so even at worst that's only five levels unless you're foolishly trying to cast it above your pay grade, so to speak.

...yes. TWENTY THOUSAND DAUGHTERUS!

Is that series looking to end any time soon?

>my god you are so stupid my eyes hurt
That might just be because you're shutting them so hard because you don't want to actually read anyone's arguments. Because you have to be blind or intentionally ignoring the argument at this point.

user, the point is that the monpoly perk being discussed only applies to houses/buildings, not concepts.

If you just want to buy Saitama's hero power from him, just use the Ravenloft/Ghost Rider power. Boom, you're DONE. Hell, tell him you can grant his wish of making fights exciting again and you can probably get it for free.

>Jumper loses several classes and all the levels trying to make it rain Misakas
This meme needs to die. XP costs can't reduce your level, if paying one would cause you to go down a level the effect just fails, instead.

Medaka Box ended years ago.

I have no clue on Index.

You guys know this is just shitposting, right? Why bother to entertain it?