So I was thinking about elves recently and I think I found something interesting about how we view them...

So I was thinking about elves recently and I think I found something interesting about how we view them. No matter what setting humans are in, they're all basically humans usually, regardless of environment. But with elves, it seems like every fucking biome has its own type of elf. Wood elves, snow elves, high elves, swamp elves, if there's a biome there's probably an elf for it somewhere.

So that got me thinking, maybe that's just what they do? When humans arrive in a frontier, they tame the land and change it so they can live in it, but elves will naturally adapt over a few generations to fit the pre-existing environment.

Truly, this is a new thought that nobody has ever had before. We certainly have never had a thread about this before, nor is it an accepted truism when people talk about elves on Veeky Forums. Nobody has ever remarked on how elven subtypes correspond to the environment - OP, you are a visionary.

Truly a modern scholar to be immortalized in the fa/tg/uy annals. All hail OP, the most original poster currently on all 4chin!

Why is the male cuter?

He adapted to pick up chicks in Japan.

But that's not really true, is it? The various subtypes of elf are very similar and differences between them are mainly cultural, just the same as with humans from different climates and geographical regions are.

If elves had some sort of rapid genetic adaptation thing going on then snow elves would have fur; forest elves would have dappled skin, prehensile feet and longer arms; drow would be more like the Falmer from Skyrim etc

>hey guys, want to have "humans are adaptive" thread #700986?
>no, we already had enough of them
>lol you hate fun

Japanese artist

More neotic traits.

>that last one

Yes.

>When humans arrive in a frontier, they tame the land and change it so they can live in it, but elves will naturally adapt over a few generations to fit the pre-existing environment.
Yes, that is the difference between elves and humans.
Elves have thousands of years to adapt to shit, and mutable genomes. They'll live in harmony with the forest, eating animals dead from natural causes or only hunt what the ecosystem can replenish, harvest nuts and berries freely given by the trees, and use the trees to support their houses with magic.

Humans will just wreck everything and rape the landscape with a short-term view. Clear the forest to build houses, slaughter the forest animals, divert the river, flatten hills to quarry stone and bury their dead under, and rape the earth with ploughing to plant crops.

Orcs, on the other hand, will just fell the trees with slave labour, live in shanty towns, shit in the river, and tear the ground up with foraging pigs.

Elves feel that the human way is destructive and wasteful. Humans feel the elven way is unproductive, inefficient, and slow.

OP just wanted to post that pic.

Whoops, was meant for

wait? elves have penises?

also what are dwarf and elf penises shaped like anyway? I mean they are different species than humans and usually different species don't have the same penis shape so are their penis also shaped differently?

Please don't bump shit threads.

max power mega BUMP
bumpalicious
da bump bump
max ranks in bump

But why does he have better DSLs?

Please don't.

I will bump shit threads all day if I can get a decent discussion out of it.

>But with elves, it seems like every fucking biome has its own type of elf.
Only if you're playing D&D

Read the thread, you won't get it.

On a dwarf penis the hair is at the tip

Its makes more of a cocksucking snob really. Leave the fucking place if you don't like it. Lets get rid of the Generals as well, we already had one of those.

And its shaped like an axe.

>hey guys I'll keep shitting up the place with my shitty repeat thread of a topic done to death
>that's like the generals where you can go and ask anything new and old right?
>if I bump this shitty thread we'll get a discussion out of it, right?

>its a thread i don't like
>i'll tell them to stop cause i offends my infantile brain that can't ignore shit
>that would keep my board clean

shinsuke is best nakamura

Except humans did culturally adapt to their environment. Compare an Eskimo (snow human) to a European (forest, mountain, or sea human) to a desert human (berbers) to a plains human (Africans) to a jungle human (Amazon Indians, south-east Asians) to an island human (Polynesians)

That's a vast minority compared to the northern countries that raped the environment. Nature-loving humans are practically elves anyway.

I would much rather put my dick in the female, actually.

>When humans arrive in a frontier, they tame the land and change it so they can live in it, but elves will naturally adapt over a few generations to fit the pre-existing environment.
No, see, you're forgetting that humans do display clinal biological variation. Humans have historically adapted to multiple different biomes. You'll note that some groups tend to be taller and darker, while other groups tend to be shorter and paler.

The difference between humans and elves is solely that nobody has ever tried to use "wood elves are less intelligent and more savage than high elves" to justify generations of enslavement, discrimination, and abuse. So we're comfortable giving High Elves +2 Int and Wood Elves +2 Str or whatever and nobody complains about it being racist. But if you tried that same shit with "Rainy Northern Island Humans" and "Equatorial Savannah Humans," you'd get some pushback.

>Elves have thousands of years to adapt to shit
That's not how evolution works.

Sexier =/= cuter.

Actually, OP, you're looking at this entirely wrong. Elves have different subraces and humans are all "the same" not because elves adapt more. On the contrary, elves adapt Less, and Slower. Observe:

What does an elf get, mechanically? It varies by the biome, of course.
What does the human get, mechanically? It varies by the INDIVIDUAL.

The bonus feat and bonus skills mean that every human gets something different from his human-ness. Regional feats and appropriate skill choices mean that each human quickly adapts to his environment to a greater exactness than elves ever could. Elves take generations to form a subrace, and their generations are more than a hundred years long. Humans just pack up, move, and their children will have adapted to their new home, whatever it may be, in 15 years or less. They'll learn the skills they need and have the feats they require while the elf is still shooting bows underwater like an idiot.

>Dark skin is an advantage, but doesn't note that lighter skin is an advantage in its home areas areas (but not at the poles) because it increases the amount of vitamin D that can be synthesized.

No, the only reason for so many elves is to have more exotic unique snowflake races that are easy to identify and yet still being different. It's an elf that is slightly different from the usual elf, however because they have the excuse of magic they could explain shit away. While if you are human and not playing a white person people look at you like you are being somesort of racist. Elf are just popular, so they pushed into everything it is like fashion.

This comes from the earliest editions of D&D where every class was human and elf and dwarf was actually a class in itself because they were supposed to be so rare and so different from humans that they counted as a different class in itself.

>That's not how evolution works.
>evolution
In the world where there is magic and gods created the world and the creatures they inhabit it.

God damn Pathfinder art is so shit.

That's why you supplement with anime catgirls. Duh.

Depends on the artist.

No? Tell that to the brown elves, then. They'll just tell you it's MAGICAL evolution.

Have a fucking look at actual native northerners you god damn jabroni. Every human population has evolved for a certain biome, because we did fuck-all in the way of """"nature raping"""" until a few thousand years ago.

Would an elf that became addicted to french fries constitute a new type of elf species?

One big theme of the human race, regardless of setting, is that are are aggressively adaptive and make themselves a home in any biome or society. Hell It's one of the reasons there are so many half races!

fat sluts aren't a race, user

Only if you breed with them.

If so, why did the british empire do so damn well, stomping all over 'evolved' locales with northern european landrape technology?

Also? FANTASY HUMANS.
They're almost as bad as the dwarves, who divert rivers to use the riverbed for lava.

>If so, why did the british empire do so damn well,
Because it's not hard to shoot at niggers with sticks when you have guns.

The British Empire mainly exerted control by strategically allying with local rulers, and by controlling local resources more efficiently with their sophisticated administration, though.

>The British Empire mainly exerted control by
having guns
Yes, divide and conquer was used, but do you really think those foreign rulers would have allied themselves so willingly witht he brits if they wouldn't have assured them victory due to the massive advantage in technology?
You only see the outcome and disgregard the cause, fool.

TLDNR: Guns.

Brits ARE evolved for their environment you fucking idiot. That's why they are white. The British Empire hasn't existed for the fast majority of the human species, it was the product of a few million years of physical and cultural evolution.

As a brit who nearly freezes to death in winter and then melts and gets sunburn in summer, I have to say we're fucking NOT adapted for our environment.

We have killed every predator bigger than a housecat or domestic dog. Bears, wolves, big cats, the lot. All dead.
We invented industrialisation and intensive agriculture to avoid famines. We invented sewer systems and subways to avoid the problems of overpopulation. Britain, as a land, has been fucking domesticated.
We're also a nation of waves of immigrants. Romans, anglo-saxons, vikings, indians, hong kong, pakistan, indians again, poland... Their fast food has been assimilated into our culture and swallowed.
And once we're done mixing cultures like a stew, we export it in bulk. Even america loves British TV and pop music.

>We're also a nation of waves of immigrants
Cuck.

How is that different from humans?

We have Wood humans (Anglos), Snow humans (Eskikos), Desert Humans (Arabs), Plains by Humans (Native Americans).

Spotted the Blackfoot Cyber-Warrior

Joining the thread just now.

In my own fantasy setting which I use whenever I'm the DM, as well as sometimes when I feel like writing, elves are just like that. There is even some "historical" evidence of this, because centuries ago some wood elves had to migrate to a desert, and now they are really different (even physically) from their ancestors, as if the desert had really fucked them up. They also have a sort of connection with the land and that sort of shit.

I like that idea and its what I choose for my setting, but I need to be honest that is not the most creative or interesting ever. My favorite sub-types of elves in the setting are the ones that have their own culture detailed, as just being wood/snow/desert/whatever elf is boring as fuck.

Here are the types of elves I have so far:

Plain Elves
Wood Elves
Mountain Elves
Desert Elves
Moon Elves
Deadwood Elves
Blood Elves

(pic not rly related)

Because this species of elf has adapted to its environment after centuries of sexual servitude.

So is everywhere but the middle east/east africa where humans evolved.

But, y'know, we've been assimilating immigrants since before the christians burned all the books other than the bible. London was created to take money off the Romans, and exists to take money off foreigners to this day.
The whole banking centre is an extension of that; they don't even need to visit to lose their money.

>since before the christians burned all the books other than the bible
That never happened.

And yet, the bible is the start of recorded history. They burned the other accounts and rewrote their own books to hide it.

>the bible is the start of recorded history
Well, it's one of the oldest records of history, though how much of what it describes is history is up to debate, but it's not like all historians take it at face value.
>They burned the other accounts and rewrote their own books to hide it.
Like? What is the real history they tried to hide? Enlighten us.

I think it's more akin to the idea that fantasy humans have boiled down to just homosapiens, because that's what we know in real life.

Elves have all their fucking genetic offshoots still because rather than competing for the same space and breeding each other out they fucked off, so every variation in the elf genus still exists. Neanderthal elves, etc (this is what wood elves basically are)

>the bible is the start of recorded history
No, no it isnt. The start of recorded history is in Sumeria and Egypt a few thousand years older than the shitty tribes of Israelites and Judeans (the two splinter groups of Canaanites) from their tiny little backwater "kingdoms". Much of the Old Testament/Torah is in fact made up bullshit created by the Priest class sometime around 600 BCE during the Babylonian occupation.

>Like? What is the real history they tried to hide? Enlighten us.

well the druids were wiped out, but we're not entirely sure if their writings were destroyed or if they just never wrote anything down in the first place

>well the druids were wiped out
by pre-Christian Rome, because they were troublemaking proselytising dicks

If human men are too busy pounding your boipussy, then they're not fucking your women.

She elves are made for a BIG GREEN BENE!

Druids didn't write anything worth shit. No historical records, no cultural writings just a couple of "words of power" here and there and a some tombstones. "Here lies Lugotorix. he fucked goats."

>not having environmental/ethnic/regional backgrounds for humans
its like youre actually just playing d&d.