Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

What is wrong with Ulgu edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necromantic-horror-blood-bowl-team-mto-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=jxrAT8FnGB4&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=8YZgfmBvjMxRaBfw-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Khorne

First for beastmen

Here it is, guys. The Klad Barag.

Epic! What stats and abilities will you give it?

>show me some evidence
the rules not enough for you?

I am just using the Carmine Dragon warscroll. This is it reflavored for the model.

Alri Jared

oh shit
it works!

Can you do the old and the female one?

I think he said a refluffed stardrake templar?

they mostly turn out as smeared shit

This was unexpected

MFW stormcast would actually be cool if the bottom of the masks were bare like batman's mask

That is one of the things I considered for it. The stardrakes ranged abilities fit the Klad Barag's pretty well. However its melee stuff was kindof lacking.

When I built the big hammer, I realized the warscroll needed a really nasty melee attack, and the carmine dragon fits that really well.

>Dwarf shit
We don't take kindly to yer "types" around here... Digger.
Why do you go back home and dig in yer mines boy.

Where do we get marks on warherds again? Cause that would be pretty awesome. I know there's a warscroll in one of the campaign books but it's not matched play official.

Why don't you say that to the face of me hammer, beardless?

>mfw the bodies of chaos mortals lie at your feet

>not matched play official.

I suppose you can take the marks from slaves of darkness in casual game but that issue if just a fucking let down for pick any marks in furry fags

His face conveys something akin to:
You cheeky cunt, I can't wait to smash your face in

not by much

it's the uniformity that breaks the magic

>Wake up
>Not new (Death) releases

WHEN GW? WHEN?!

These are disturbing as fuck

Would Chaos stormcast have open mouth-plates like these? i think so

>Chaos Samecast

God pls no. Let Chaos be safe

You literally just got one:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necromantic-horror-blood-bowl-team-mto-2017

What would be a good greenskinz starting list? I'm likely to purchase some 120 used old orc models, 30 with spear-shield, 30 with choppa-shield, 60 with two weapons. Beyond that and a shaman and a warboss or two, though, I am not sure what to pile on. Spear chukkas?

Gobbos.

Honestly though you have enough to play a game, go play a random 1000 point game and see what works, what you need to add, Then go from there.

>he thinks GW won't one day cave in for that sweet easy CSM autism bux

Chaos tainted Stormcast are unavoidable, they won't arrive soon, but it is simply a matter of when

I've found a pair that work

diff ano
what are you trying to demonstrate here?

We all know what people hate, and we all know what people like to play with.

... What army do you like playing AGAINST the most? Why? Is it the cool models? they are fun? They are EZ? ...

I like playing against mono skaven (no sayl etc) because they are not too common and all the things that can go wrong.

Really interesting video on Character sniping.

youtube.com/watch?v=jxrAT8FnGB4&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=8YZgfmBvjMxRaBfw-6

In the Bad Times, I had a unified Nurgle force (mortals/beastmen). It would be nice to get the same synergies going between brayherd and marked armies (Deciples of Tzeench, Bloodborne, etc) at some point.

A lot of people are crying for a lot of 40k's rules to be adapted to AoS (like shooting in combat) and I generally disagree with them.

But the one I agree that AoS would benefit from is you cant shoot at characters if another enemy unit is closer. Hero sniping in AoS is a problem I feel.

Otherwise I think 40k rules need to stay in 40k.

If you watch that video you'll realise he's not asking for any 40k rules in AOS

I know. I am just stating what I feel on the subject.

A few of the weapon teams in formations deal with this too. If within 3" or something of an ally battalion unit, damage is moved or the save roll is increased (I don't remember off hand)

I like the ideas behind this guy's discussion for sure. GHB2 should deal with this, I hope.

for some reason GW decided that the bonuses associated with the named KO ports should be tied to a requirement to paint the models in that ports color scheme.

outrage and denial ensued.

in the end it was irrelevant because no one really cares what/if you paint anyways.

>What army do you like playing AGAINST the most? Why? Is it the cool models? they are fun? They are EZ? ...

Seraphon. I have been Pestilens since i began WHFB and always sought out battles against their eternal enemy the Lizardmen, i both love and hate them.

I enjoy killing them, but i also like the cinematic feel of a hundred or so plague monks surrounding a small host of defiant saurus. they can be cheesy but it's the one army i have no problem with going full WAAC, no restraint needed and i expect nothing less from them.

Also Ironjawz. they don't fuck around and come straight at you. I like that

Oh, I have a pretty decent idea of what to try. But I thought to ask just to see if I'd hear of choices I overlooked.

For now though, I am most convinced that I shouldn't be as focused on army composition combos as I should be on learning the skills relevant to the game. Eyeballing and estimating distances, piling smartly, managing traffic, etc.

this is the reason why i was mostly away when i heard 8e was going to drop.
if faggots could run with something so small and inconsequential and blow it the fuck up then what more can you do

Whether or not one's interpretation of the rules is relevant, it's all a moot point as it is one of those rules that literally nobody will enforce or give a shit about.

I could paint my KO pink and green and say they use barak-thryng rules, and literally no fucks will be given. So people can bitch all they want "b-but you have to paint it required colors" or "its not a real rule" it doesn't matter.

Thanks to stupid Total War, I like bretonnians but since they don't exist anymore, is there a way of painting empire units to be a homage to them? I was thinking mostly demigryph knights and free guild guard

What is the best logo to use? The grail? The lion with the sword or the fleur de lis?

vince pushing his own content again

I love this app

but vince is a cool guy so who cares?
He can shill all he wants.

every thread

Me too

anyone know how good any of the ironweld arsenal units are?

Cannon and organ gun supported by a cogsmith is a mainstay in my army.

Reposting wip cygor a friend gifted me that I'm working on

Leandros was right

Awesome man! Got an army to go with it?

wow those are utter shit

ah they look cool. Cogsmith looks great

I do, but I'll have to wait til after work to share. They killed a BCR army yesterday!

I like sudden spurts of motivation to paint. I only meant to prime him. I guess I'll dick with the base tomorrow then.

>gryphound in artillery

Hmm why is such a universally useful ability so cheap, and why did they make it exclusive to just order.

what ability is it?

The stacking buffs characters provide are too valuable for them to be essentially immortal. Even as it is currently its difficult to dismantle an aetherstrike or mixed kunnin rukk. A Bloodletter bomb always does its work before you get at the general, and the banner, and sayl.

the dog barks if an enemy unit is set up within X inches of it and friendly units within Y of the dog get a free extra round of shooting out of sequence at the set up unit.

Warning Cry: It is said that it is impossible to sneak up on a Gryph-hound. If an enemy unit is set up within 10" of this unit, roll two dice. Any unit within that many inches of the Gryph-hounds is alerted to the enemy unit’s presence, and can attack it with one of its weapons as though it were your shooting phase.

Anytime anything is setup within 10" a hound, so any summon or deepstrike everything in 2d6 inches gets to shoot it.

Its just me or the allegiances (number of models, factions, top armies...) are mostly disbalanced in favor of Order?

Order got 3 fully brand new from scratch armies, and one semi new with repacks army. Destruction got 2 repacks and semi new with repacks. Chaos got a new army, a semi new one and one repack. Death got a repack.

The majority of AoS releases so far have been Stormcast and Khorne.

That crown looks awful like the one in the rumor mill thing

ty thats pretty good unless you roll snake eyes

For 40 pts, its well worth the cost.

I painted him in the paintscheme of my cogsmith and guns because i almost always take him with them. He's the cogsmith's trained pet.

Soulblight when?

never they're a byproduct army never to be expanded

Very rude and spiteful

Nighhaunt when?

>there will never be a WHQ where you invade a vampires castle

We need a fucking sigmar inquisition right now and a renegade enlighted vampire in

don't mistake honesty and straightforwardness for rudeness and spite

you too know they were simply a faction GW created when it still didn't decided in what direction to go for the armies but wanted to lump models into monothematic groups

>death faction
>no vampire army at some point
Pretty confident you're wrong sweetie xox

Tres fantastique! Can we expect painting progress pictures soon?

in the age of end time

do you think they will do anything with the horned rat soon?

It's actually missing one piece. I want to do a pelvic cover, and I am waiting to get a part for that. Then I will start painting him. I will do periodic painting progress pictures at some point.

you mean fluffwise or about the skaven armies?

both

Remember to give him a large codpiece, so he can mock the Baldcast Eunuchials with the rest of the beards.

respectively being bitchboy for nurgle while secretly wanting to become like uncle tzeentch in the future and clans skryre releases

>codpiece
>not a cogpiece

ONE
JOB

wonder what skyre releases would be? Probably something the counter KO.

>counter of KO

Thats gonna be Skyvens lol

wonder what type of aircraft's they will have maybe zeppelins or pic related

Both probably Skavens are more vicious in their machines than Dwarfs i even expect some kind of crazy bio machine with crazy rats in it

quoting sorry lol

I can see them having big flying rat abominations, like a hellpit but with a few sets of wings stitched on.
also bat rats

they already have stormfiends, the doomwheel and the cannon, in terms of plastic

a larger centerpiece, a basic infantry, an elite infantry and some heroes is what I'm betting on
>drilling rattank troop transport
>arquebusers ragrats (with option for weapon teams)
>power armored iron vermin
>warplock enginseer hero
>iron rat warlord hero
>zrykk brainrat hero