sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...
Do sword and board fighters suck? Especially compared to two-handed GWM fighters. Since you get so many ASIs as a fighter, not picking up GWM if you fight two-handed is impossible.

I am going to run tomb of horrors what is a cool initial place?

also how many and which level should players be?

Sword and board fighters are great. That +2 AC is nothing to sneer at, and their damage with Dueling is comparable to heavy weapon damage without feats. And with feats, Shield Master means that you've got an active use of a bonus action every round with great control (and since you can do it before your attacks, having advantage against your target ups your average damage as well).

Speaking of feats, is Flail Mastery a good one? I can't imagine a PC ever fighting a lot of enemies with shields, but attacks of opportunity seem pretty nice.

One of the founding members of the Great Alliance has been slain by a powerful wizard from a now-rival empire. As the leader of one of the Great Alliance's most famous adventuring parties, how do you respond?

Demand 3 actions, wereguild, an apology and the head of the wizard from the empire.
Not doing so invites all out war.

Carrying on from the last thread, does there exist an Artificer homebrew that isn't complete ass?

Playing a game where we all get free feat at lvl 1.
All UA allowed but no UA multiclassing.

Thinking of 2 character concepts.

Stone Sorcerrer STR based GISH.

Monk skill monkey with arcana, herbalism and medicine proficiency.

Tell me what Race/Feat combo i should use.

The original asker here. Does the gunsmith class I've heard that Mercer made count? Or is it only a gunslinger? And why does he have such a hateful following? I know nothing about apart from that he does a stream of his game and some voice acting or something.

Na, Mercer's Gunslinger is very much just a gunslinger. I think he gets hate just because he plays the game very loose, doesn't bother with certain mechanics if he just feels they're unwieldy or get in the way of the flow of the game. I see a lot of "he's just a voice actors trying to jump on a trend!" business. I personally don't understand it.

Resurrect the wizard and send the rival nation a harshly worded letter to cut that shit out.

I didn't think Neeshka was that busty?

Making a half-orc druid for an upcoming module we're going to play.

I'm sort of leaning towards Circle of Dreams, but unsure.
I'm mainly going to be a support caster with some nukes/heals if needed. Figured Dreams would be a nice match since the lvl 10 teleport ability is pretty damn good and has some nice offhealing.

Anyone got any other ideas?
Game is going up to like 15 or so, starting at lvl 1.

Padded armor.

Not the second. Never the second.

>nukes
Do the NUCLEAR DRUID

Why not?
The ''Skilled'' feat adds nice utility.

Nice utility backed by this 8-10 INT stat. A wizard without proficiency will be just as good as you.
Skilled is shit, and it's even worse on a stat hungry class like Monk.

For the triton race is there a scale for how fish-like you can make a character like the yuan-ti? As a DM would you allow a player to make a full-on fishface?

Should i stick to the ''Healer'' feat then?

So due to character deaths, betrayals, and new players, I have the only original PC in my group. We've all started playing the game together a year ago but everyone knows how to build characters correctly now and it definitely shows while mine is lacking. I picked a non variant human and went vengeance Paladin. Obviously i should have gone variant so I could get GWM at the start and with my second feat being something else.

My point being is it within reason that I bring up my idea that i should 'redo' my PC since everyone else has had the chance up to the group or just deal with it

Deal with it and wait until you die or whatever

If you want a healing monk, go with the Tranquility one from UA.

Just ask to change to Variant Human. Being the last from the original group has nice roleplaying opportunities.

>Sword and board fighters

I mean, really, just go sword and board barbarogue instead.

No matter what you probably want rogue because
1. You want athletics expertise to use with shield master (Come on, you're going to be shit without any feats)
2. You get extra damage beyond extra attack (2)

My DM knows what the nuclear druid is.

And out of pure principle, I am not doing it.

Well, I mean, I guess you don't need shield master if you multiclass into rogue because you then get cunning action.

But that's just another reason to multiclass into rogue.

How about sword and board classes can opt for a feat like PAM where on a bonus action can shield slam a target with range for 1d4 + modifier

Not that I know of.

You could possibly make a "College of Alchemy/Artifice" as a Bard archetype. Keeps them focused on skills, they'd get access to some higher level spells.

This

Unless your DM has buffed you in some way, monk's only options should be:
+2 dex
Mobile
+2 wis
+1 wis/dex/con +1 wis/dex/con

I mean, if you don't like it, it's fine to ask if your DM might allow you some extra flavour buffs or something.
But if you do otherwise you're really jeopordizing your role.

I probably sound 'No fun allowed' and 'munchkinning' but again, unless your DM facilitates it, I've seen many a monk become dissatisfied with their character once they learn that monk is very punishing if you don't follow optimal guidelines.

But there's already a specialization feat for shields, and it's quite good.

One-handed weapons need something similar, maybe separated by family.

The problem with that is they were playing in there own home for a couple years. They ported from 3.5 to 5e probably because Felicia Day asked them to because Mercer is a known name.

Then i'll just make a Wood Elf Open Hand monk with the Perception skill feat.

Is Felicia day in the group? If so, a reason I'll never listen to it, can't stand her

She's made an appearance every so often, as a guest, but is not a regular player

I mean... I guess. That's pretty much fine, it's +1 wisdom and you can't really argue about perception on a class that has good wisdom (whereas a rogue or bard rarely has quite as good a wisdom), so that sounds like a good idea.

All they need to do is include will wheaton and add the big bang theory laugh track and I'll never stop vomiting

Threads looking kind of dead here /5eg/, lets get something going.

Give me one reason a dwarf would ever like an elf or visa versa

Fetishism of a taboo

>stone sorcerer that relies on STR
>using anything but Earth Genasi

The elf makes a stronger alcohol than some dwarves.

The elf is a genetic freak and has grown a huge beard.

What the best way to be a jack of all trade, friend to everyone?

Gotta go fire gensai so that you can use con for both AC and attacks.

What are you talking about it's not garbage.

Bard???????????????????????????????????

4lv+ Half Elf Bard. You'll have the Jack of All Trades feature and can take the Everybody's Friend feat.

How would you go about building a pyromancer in 5e? The more creative, the better. I'm currently thinking of going Land Druid.

She shows up for about one of the hundred eppies out there

How is land druid good for that?

Also just to get the obvious answers out of the way:
light cleric
red dragon sorcerer
pyromancer sorcerer

What about the actual fucking Pyromancer sorcerer subclass?
The creative option is fast hands torch rogue for that arsonist feel.

I thought that would be a bit too direct, but maybe I will just go sorceror.

What's the best Rogue Subclass? The worst?

Longtime oldfag, mostly been inactive all these years.
Thanks for hosting the rulebooks. I might get back into dnd again. I really like 5e.
It slims down a lot of the rules, at least on the player side. I've downloaded the dmg at my home pc and I'm gonna read it tonight after work. I really want to get my old group together to play again.

Pennis and also dicke and balls

Welcome back! Read the PHB first.

Any word on that mechanical expansion? Cause after 2 years 5e is getting a little bit stale. When it first came out the lifghter mechnaics are nice, but looking at it now it really doesn't offer anything really unique outside of that.

What do you mean by "mechanical expansion"? I don't think they're going to be adding a lot of rules or anything. Unless I'm wrong?

Heya guys, starting to plan a wrestle dude character for an AL game. I was thinking a Barbarian/Monk multiclass with the Grappler and Tavern Brawler feats. Any thoughts?

For a while Mearls has been talking about adding "A Major Mechanical Expansion" though due to 5es non existent release schedule we kind of know fuck all when its happening.

No matter what class you go with, don't fall into the trap that most aspiring fire mages fall into: trying to take nothing but fire spells. It's really unnecessary, as too many damage spells quickly become redundant. You need Fireball, and you need some kind of damage cantrip like Firebolt. Everything else is not very important. Take good utility spells before thinking of broadening your suite of damage spells. You're likely to be grateful you took Polymorph instead of Wall of Fire or Invisibility instead of Scorching Rays.

L-lewd
I've been reading the phb at work. It's a slow day. I really like the rules for ski checks, contests, and grappling isn't a clusterfuck designed by someone who likes wrestling, but never wrestled.
I'm really liking it.

She owns geek and sundry from my understanding.

>When you hit Wisdom 20

Monk has no synergy with barbarian or Tavern Brawler. Take a class (or a feat if your DM allows those skill feats) that gives you expertise in Athletics. After you have that you can take anything, but you don't need more than one class that grants unarmored defense.

More like
>when you hit 20 WIS but still at 8 INT

>When you learn Greater Restoration

>You're likely to be grateful you took Polymorph instead of Wall of Fire or Invisibility instead of Scorching Rays.
I don't follow

Don't bother user. The game is mainstream now and numale PCs are rolling gay and trannie characters and sucking eachothers cock in game.

With the way some autist screech about it I would not doubt an shit ton of extra rules so they can navigate the littlest of interaction.

>Ski checks
Man, I must have missed those. I've just been having my players roll athletics when they try to ski. :^)

They should never have made Tavern Brawler. Los Tiburon is a fucking meme that needs to die.

You know, yeah, you're right now that I think about it. Maybe raw Barbarian and Tavern Brawler, play a Heel. Take Entertainer/Gladiator as a background to get a costume and a chair as a weapon, stat it as a club.

From what i understand, or at least HOPE is that Mercer does a lot of ruling off the cuff because, by this point crit role is more story then anything, and the rules could interfere at times. IE he plays it much more rules light then he used too

How much AC and HP to you need to be a melee fighter? If you have more of one is is safe to have less of the other?

I just realized that Path of the Totem Barbarians can fly their walking speed at level 14. Instant Piledrivers and Suplexes.

Yeah he only brings rules up in certain instances like scrying, I've noticed it more and more the rule of cool is how they play.

>How much AC and HP to you need to be a melee fighter
On which level?

21 AC
284 HP

What are some unusual, fresh character concepts? I feel like I've played everything there is and I'm out of new ideas

Int doesn't work that way. Int would be having the arcane knowledge to realize the copper from those pennies and the life-matter of countless foreskins can be used in the creation of the strongest form of Epic Golem, invented by the reptilians in ancient times.

half-orc rogue with an 8 dex

That's pathfinder.

I was rather hoping there'd be a rough formula.

>8-dex rogue
If 8-charisma-sorcerer-user is here, I'd like him to justify it.

t. Riggered

Well at level 1 you probably want around 16 AC, and HP should try to be 11 or 12

A paladin, who's not your "knight in plate" stereotype. Maybe he uses a rapier and fights like your average swashbuckler! Or maybe it's a desert paladin, who looks the part!

It's 10 CHA favored soul
Still have 8 INT wizards tho'

DM is letting me buy a full sized triceratops to use as my mount. Any ideas for ways to make it more badass. Already going to put armored plates on it. Maybe platforms to use it like a war elephant?

Coat the horns in metal, and tip with barbs

Padded armor would press your breasts down, not out.

Shaped padding, like a wonder bra. Extra protection for the organs

>One-handed weapons need something similar
I firmly believe that feat was supposed to be grappler, but grappler sucks. What can grappler get to not suck? Does grappler not actually suck?

>I am going to run tomb of horrors what is a cool initial place?

What do you mean?

>also how many and which level should players be?

At least 4 players, and 5e recommends "high" level, so say around 12 or so.

Aha, show off the girls while protecting them. I like it!

One fix I saw from a DM is that you replace the useless last features with

>When you use an attack to successfully grapple a creature you may make an attack against a creature you have grappled as a bonus action

I (hope) he means strength rogue. Multi class with barbarian optional. Grapple everything, grab shield master, smack shit to the ground and sneak attack to the groin. It's quite a fun and effective build.

You do need to be either Dwarf for medium armor, or start a level in fighter/barb for armor proficiency. 8 Dex is also very low, I would take 14, which also means you get max armor from medium

T. Hawk is an Eagle Barbarian. Who would have guessed?

I feel like you need to be aware that the character who can take more than a third of the damage in a 3 person party isn't going to hold up to more than a third of the damage in a 6 person party, and no one can hold up to all of the damage in most parties.

To be a tank, you need to keep some of the enemies from being able to all gang up on one choice target, and not be that one choice target yourself. So how much AC and HP do you need? More than your other guys.

Seems weird that feat for a fighting style wouldn't actually do anything with the weapon

need Heartkiller's Horn for the mega trove, we ran it and got fucking stomped, half of us died and were unrecoverable and the mission failed