scp-wiki.net/scp-348
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation
youtube.com/watch?v=vGAZoGZRvEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0BdfH0CAKK4
youtube.com/watch?v=0l__jSgTAmQ
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban unease
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone have a prison cyoa?

W.I.P. of my post-apoc C.Y.O.A. part 2; choosing your character archetype.

Any feedback welcome!

Made a major update for my sexy Sorceress build. Basically small tweaks to give points so she can take the Bonded Bride option and have a Succubus servant.

Amnysa, Plaything of the Dark Gods, Empress of the Forgotten Realms

Genitalia
>Vagina (1)
>Plush (x3)

Shape
>Enticing

Chest
>Gifted

Influences
>Quasicosmic

Face
>Regal
>Chakra Eye
lavender stone embedded in forhead
>Elder Gaze
blazing crimson eyes

Flourishes
>Rare hunger
Succubus milk
>Godly Cleanliness
>Lernaean Hymen
>Lactation (Bountiful)
>Dependent
>Gate to Ecstasy x2 w/ Plush x3 each
>Commanding Mien

Strategy
>Brooding
occassionally lays an egg, usually used for sacrifices or magical components

Dowry
>Title x2
>Lavender Grimoire
>Crimson Manual
>Primordial Woad
>Abyssal Ink
>Celestial Charms
>Argent Spark
>Argent Blaze
>Rite of World Stepping
>Regal Array
>Filthy Lucre

Bonds
>Knights-in-Crimson
>The Barred One
>Conjugal Visits
>Unclean Spawn
>Bonded Bride
>Ascending

Stigmata
>Stigma of the Starving Gambler

Ambition
>Castellan of the Cosmos
>Conquering Crusader

Pedigree 0
Status 8
Allure 8

I figure that this could use a posting.

Amnysa always wanted to be a sorceress. She read many books and spent countless hours on the internet researching magic and the occult. After years of failure, she was contacted by the Dark God Teiatat's minion The Eunuch. And he had an offer for her. This is exactly the sort of opportunity Amnysa had been searching for...or so she thought. Teiatat would provide her with all the power and magic she desired, but as his "Bride" she had a job to perform. Amnysa could have her magical lab in the forgotten realm of a long dead God, but from this base of operations she was to be sent to periodically across the cosmos to serve Court Sorceress, Advisor, Governor, or General to all manner of Dark Lords and Mistresses. Her charge being to use her impressive array of powers granted by Teiatat to further the goals of those who would serve Teiatat's will and spread his influence.
But this was not all there was to the deal. As a servant to the Lavender Throne, Amnysa was also to be subject to her Master's perverse whims. Having been granted a new body that epitomized the sexy dark seductress trope, beyond anything Amnysa could have ever hoped for, Tiatat saw the opportunity to put it to good use and to keep the power hungry and magically potent sorceress in her place. In addition to her other duties, from time to time Amnysa would be sent as an Emissary to the unfathomably powerful eldritch Gods, sealed away in their alien and chaotic dimensions. These creatures have no need for advisers and servants such as Amnysa, but occassioanlly desire the use of a such a beautiful plaything and are willing to trade in powerful magic and forbidden knowledge for it. Thus Amnysa's new life became one of magic, exploration, adventure and wonder, but also of servitude, humiliation and loss with no knowing which each new millenia might bring.

To serve Amnysa is to suffer under the haughty, demanding and sadistic power of a cruel woman driven by lust for power and desire to dominate all around her until such time as you cease to be useful or entertaining. To be served by Amnysa is to be doted on and kowtowed fanatically to by a servile wretch who respects only power and will fanatically follow any command so long as you're clearly stronger than her. But her desire is power and her mind full of deceipt. To fail at objectives or lose Teiatat's favour is to invite the plotting wrath of Teiatat's "gift".
Amnysa may suffer much in her exploits, but she somehow always manages to escape unscathed, as though Teiatat delight's in her misadventures.

Her bonded bride Succubus.

Niras, Slave of the Wandering Sorceress

Genitalia
>Vagina (1)
>Embellishments
>Lubrication
>Musculature
>Cilia
>Lumen
>Plush (x3)

Shape
>Broodmother

Chest
>Cursed

Influences
>Pseudodevascent
>Metapsychological

Face
>Seductive

Flourishes
>Rare hunger
ejaculate of magical beings
>Godly Cleanliness
>Lactation (Bountiful)
>Nurturing
>Gate to Ecstasy x2 w/ Plush x2 each
mouth, rear

Strategy
>Cultivation
>Rapid Maturation

Specialization
>Multitudinous
>Monarch

Dowry
>Title (1)
>True Name
>Lavender Grimoire
>Nuptial Torc
>Primordial Woad
>Abyssal Ink
>Celestial Charms
>Rite of World Stepping
>Seductive Array

Bonds
>Sensual Ritualists
>Prime Mate
>The Barred One
>Conjugal Visits
>Bonded Bride
>Descending

Urges
>Mating Dance
>Throne's Shadow
>Cerebral Recurve

Pedigree 7
Status 0
Allure 10

Niras is a Succubus given to Amnysa as a servant. Her powers of seduction and ability to produce entire armies of offspring quickly make her immensely valuable to Amnysa's exploits, not to mention that she's a source of the Succubus milk Amnysa requires to replenish her magic. Her desires are similar to those of other succubi, making her a very willing follower of Amnysa. Amnysa also holds power over Niras through her nuptial torc and knowledge of her True Name, making her consent unnecessary.

I understand not wanting barbarians to take science related perks, but barbarians prattling on about applied physics or astronomy is fucking dope.

What CYOA genre is overdone in your opinion?

I like the general humorousness post-apocalyptic thing you've got going. Almost stopped reading at "Last Action Hero" because there's no point to know anything else.

I would suggest in titles, like for instance "Last Action Hero" to follow the conventional capitalization just because it looks a little odd.

There's something really weird with the font when I open the image, like for some reason the lettering looks really jagged, but I have no clue if that's just my retarded computer.

>I, Gorgoth the Unbidden, have found the implications of the Quantum Zeno Effect to be highly unsettling. Let us move onto issues of a socioeconomic nature.

I think the default answer is waifu ones because they're the most common, but I don't think anything is overdone. Though instead I would argue there are CYOA genres I would rather see, rather than see less of others.

Skulldoom Murderpocalypse M.D.

Doctor of paleontology and decapitation.

not a genre, but I don't like when CYOAs are spread through 50 different files.

Hopefully fixed most of the issues raised in the last thread. PCP is back down to 25, DG back to 12, Crystal Ball has an added restriction to make it less broken. Until I manage to fix my writing mistake, I think this is pretty much done for now. Thank you all for the feedback.

fucking edgelords.

Where's the rest?

So whats the word on the latest Worm update? Is it out yet? I saw the author saying it was nearly done a few threads back

Someone who knows RWBY better than I do: Is 'alchemy' a viable Semblance?
I was thinking it'd use Aura to bind 'potent' materials together, harnessing their power to create thematically related not!magical consumables like potions and creams.
From what I gather, it's different enough from the existing abilities that it might not be viable, but I'm not exactly sure why or why not.

Similarly, what about an 'enchantment' Semblance that by itself can only give (ablative) Aura protection to objects, but can use Dust to add simple (temporary) elemental effects?

Semblances are weird, man. They're run the gambit of super speed to summoning your fallen enemies to getting stronger the more damage you take to shadow clones to giving other people bad luck. There's not really any rhyme or reason, so something like what you're saying should be fine.

They*

Though we do know from Qrow's comment about his Semblance not being like most that passive always-on abilities are rare. Semblance are usually something you can activate and deactivate, not just a state of being.

What's the comfiest thing you can think of?

scp-wiki.net/scp-348

Here's my proposition.

Cuddling with the love of your life as a thunderstorm rages outside while watching television.

>AI uplift
I mean, it's better than having a copy of me on the ship, and it might kinda help with accepting everyone I know an love is gone.

>Exploration
Let's just see the sights and be comfy.

>Bath
The description itself makes me relax.

>Catalogue
Just enough choice for me.

>Kuudere
I was thinking deredere, but with my captain's bath...

>Major body shift
Who doesn't want to be a cute girl?

>MMO focus
Might make me a little less lonely with more than one person to talk to.

>Ship grown
Fresh is best.

>Ship only network
Better get used to the map if we're gonna be exploring.

>Ship
The most human one of them all. (Excluding memory, but I don't have anyone I can't let go of.)

All I want is a world where I can just be a little happier, feel a little better about myself. Is that too much to ask?

Well, some basic looking around found a few more rules (no bodily transformations, no protection without Aura use, no known sensory powers, effects are usually scientifically based), so I was wondering if there were any others that I didn't know about.

Well, I figured that my Semblances would be sort of active, requiring conscious effort (and Aura drain) to apply; the results would just persist until expended.

Does anybody on Veeky Forums still play the Magical Girl/ Jojo CYOAs? Are there groups for these?

holy fucking shit I remember these threads, thanks for making this cyoa dude.

>Art Deco
>Lower floors

>Blockbuster LLC
>Gunrunners Depot
>Irregular Grocery
>The Pawn Shop

>Painters Memento
>Watchful Moose
>Veteran's Pillowcase
>Amazon Tandem
>Local Channels
>Vending Machine

>Girl Behind the Door
>Veteran Kowallski
>Bearded Chronicler
>Marxist Mice
>Noire Radio Host
>Painter's Apprentice
>The Changeling
>Yard Spider's Nest
>Hallway Wanderer
>The Gardener

>The Stairwell Window
>Hallway Balloons
>The Stairs to the End
>Bashful Haunt
>Outdoor Courtyard
>The Infinity Line
>The Night Fair
>Unremarkable Jack
>Open Door Day

>Tennant Guidelines
>Phantom Passenger
>Man in the Fancy Suit

use this to get immortality with 7 points to spend on bonus bottles.

7 bottles, 0 extra points in each.

All Dominant Ifrits. All have minor shapeshifting through Perfume Bottle vessel (Itty Bitty).

All Magical Girlfriends. All have Loving Heart and Magical Realm.
4 have Djinn-Ja. They follow me around as bodyguards.
3 have World Atlas, covering each other's downtime.

>Weird Science
>body sort of irrelevant because they're shapeshifters
>flexible, collar heels
>they all have Maid and Modest, each have a unique third outfit.
>They all have Ruler, Courtesan, and Warrior. They each have different skills otherwise

>you will never know this feel

Limit one bonus bottle

oh, I didn't see that.

So one bottle with 5 starter points.
Itty Bitty +4
Magical Realm
Loving Heart
Djinn-Ja
Illusionary Copy
World Atlas

L-Lewd.

Holy shit, Broken Facade took me by surprise. Not sure what to make of that.

I like it because it shows the CYOA is aware that its a CYOA.

That's Deep, man.

Are CYOAs primarily a narrative medium or a visual one?

I took it to mean that the "genie" is more along the lines of "eldrich abomination" or possibly a Lotus Eater Machine, actually.

Narrative, a CYOA without pictures can be a success. But a CYOA without a narrative is a pointless roll-game.

So who are the council members?

Maybe like an apartment council that handles renovations and shit?

I thought maybe it was like a high council that rules the apartment and makes rules or something.

narrative, but I think more specifically choice based. Like if the choices aren't interesting/interactive it doesn't matter if you can write well, your not utilizing the medium right. Good lore is great but I think it needs to be backed up by choices that make me feel a part of the game

Do you have any examples of a CYOA that is interesting to read but isn't interesting to play? Maybe like where the whole thing feels more like a wiki for a setting?

/r/ing the Blame! cyoa.

Urban Unease was pretty fun to make a build for though. Most CYOAs aren't really "playable" honestly. You make a build and then anything from there is just using your imagination.

For the most part nothing too egregious, I think most authors are pretty smart, especially in this regard, though I hate making builds for Eternal Rising because it's so complex and poorly explained how certain rules for points work that it triggers my autism, and I feel like the choices of derelict station don't properly convey the coolness of the setting,

>Urban Unease
I'm not a huge fan of that as a setting unfortunately, though I blame this on the author making such a cool but similar CYOA that did it, in my opinion, several times better. Pic related

You should be proud of your accomplishment...humble but proud. You've made a cyoa, your first one, and it has garnered a ton of attention because people like it and want to see it be as great as it can be. That is far more then most every other author gets.

This one?

Where's the last option?

Reposting mine.

>「Blood Count」
Blood Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation
Destructive Power: A
Speed: A
Range: D
Durability: B
Precision: E
Learning: A

Gonna be using it as living armor and weapons. It inherently has about 2 pints of "faux-blood" that appears with by itself, but by allowing it to draw out and use my own blood it can get more powerful.
Since it can learn it can automatically defend me as well as tell me what to do in order to gain the upper hand after it fights for a while to analyze. It's speed helps it defend, as well as allow me to move faster. Power and Durability to make me a Juggernaut of doom.

>BroJo
Fabulous as Fuck
Plot Armor
Do you even pose?

>Original Universe Modern Day
I was with JoJo when we woke up strapped to tables. We had been kidnapped by some paranormal society that wanted to learn and duplicate the power of stands.
After we broke out with some kickass fighting we partnered up to protect fellow stand users and destroy the society.

It's been [REDACTED]

Yes, thank you.

Village is good but Urban Unease is far better.

Ah, that was fun. We had enough for the basics of a whole new season/part. We even had one Villain of the Week build.

WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE IN A HUSBANDO CYOA

I think this is the general opinion between the two, though I'm a little curious why. Care to explain what if anything in particular really stood out that you enjoy more about it?

>to play
what does that even mean for a CYOA

Husbandos (Female)

An unreasonable amount of swordfighter, with allusions to "swordfighting".

All the Husbandos being reverse traps.

husbandos

In all honestly I enjoy both about equally but for different reasons. They're similar on the surface but overall not really the same thing.

The Village's strength is it's overall vagueness. It builds a place with a distinct mysterious yet comfy feeling, lets you customize that to an extent, mostly things like what the village and it's surroundings look like. I think Village has a creepier and somewhat more serious vibe to it too. You're stuck in a world completely cut off from reality and the mysteries have a deeper, more serious feel to them. Village makes me think of the more serious-toned Miyazaki movies.

Urban Unease has a lot more content and specific things going on in it to choose from. After reading Urban Unease I felt that I could spend hours roaming around in my imaginary apartment and thinking about all the things I could do, people I could hang with, phenomena I could experience. It still leaves room to think about more things that could happen exist in the setting besides what's already detailed there.

Hope I got my point across. In any case they're both very evocative settings and fun thought exercises and I like both.

I propose the following track as a possible theme for this CYOA.
youtube.com/watch?v=vGAZoGZRvEQ

Either a ghostly orchestra at the Bodega, some musicians at the bar, or an entirely different location (populated by undead, maybe people that died in the appartment). Even the bearded chronicler could benefit from it if anyone asked about his past(?)

DO IT DO IT NAO!!!

a tasteful re-imagining of the genre where the husbandos have vaginas instead of penises. I think there's real potential in the idea.

I really really enjoyed this music, I wish I had known about it when I was writing the setting for that extra atmospheric punch. Thanks user. I'm definitely using this for my next comfydark project whenever I get around to it.

So what is the apartment council?

Does anyone have the link to the original comfydark threads that Urban Unease was inspired from? Someone posted the link in one of these threads a few weeks ago but I couldn't find it in the tg archives.

Also, this is really fucking with me, because I could have sworn I saw that link in a thread where someone had said in response to that Adventure in a New World CYOA:

>no grimbright option
>no comfydark option
(paraphrasing)

So I looked for that and found the post... but it was from a thread in March. I didn't start frequenting these threads until mid-april and I didn't know they existed in march. I couldn't find any evidence that someone used that reply again during April and nothing else in that March thread even looked familiar to me. What the fuck is this? Am I going insane?

user, FTM transsexuals are a thing, and I doubt you'd very attracted to them

It's the least I can do for trying to be a smartass grammar nazi the other thread. You're welcome dude.

I also recommend this one for romance in a similar setting, but probably you have heard it already a thousand times since Olafur is poplar as fuck:
youtube.com/watch?v=0BdfH0CAKK4

Does any CYOA exist that embodies the spirit of this track?
youtube.com/watch?v=0l__jSgTAmQ

I want to feel as if my blood has been replaced with liquid justice and my hemoglobin instead carries the oxygen of freedom.

They're A council made up of the oldest apartment tenants in my canon anyway.

Here you go, this link should lead you to a page which contains links to all the most popular urban unease threads that occurred from novemeber to march.

I came up with unremarkable jack in the original thread

Fuark I can't believe I forgot to give you the link that I replied in the first place to give you. This is truly embarrassing.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban unease

>Here you go, this link should lead you to a page which contains links to all the most popular urban unease threads that occurred from novemeber to march.
>no link
Have I been tricked?

Thanks user, much appreciated.

As an option, Unremarkable Jack is pretty unremarkable.

You cheeky little Yeah, looking back I'd probably replace him with a more active phenomenon but there were spacing concerns involved.

>Girl behind the door
>Not to be let out
>Open door day

So.. Does she go crazy and try to kill everybody that day or does she have immunity to that for that day?

I wonder this too.

I imagine that there would have to be a contingency plan for that already, or else she would have rampaged before.

Waifus