EDH/Commander General

"Did You Talk To Your Mom" Edition

Previous Thread: NEWS

>Commander 2017
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
How would you fix your favorite color?

penis

What the fuck is up with his right foot?

Should I change my Xenagos deck into a Samut deck? Thinking of putting in shit like OP's card and altering Samut to a "retro" version, like that Ghave.

best island coming through

My meta is full of counterspell, infinite combo, infinite extra turns, narset, animar, oloro.

Whats a good deck to hose everyone out to force them to switch playstyles a bit.

>How would you fix your favorite color?
blue is already perfect

Stax is always the answer

B R A G O
R A G O B
A G O B R
G O B R A

S T A X
X S T A
A X S T
T A X S

reposting for You could use a few more creatures with either ETB effects or sac outlets. Other creatures that interact with the yard are also useful, or have effects when things die are also really useful.

You should definately get your hands on Ashnod's altar and Birth Pod for this kind of deck.

I'd also recommend running at least diabolic tutor because you're in black, as well as buried alive and Jarad's orders. Obviously if you have the money run entomb and demonic tutor.

Prime cut candidates would be:doomed dissenter and reassembling skeleton. I think your creature base needs a bit more power - your in green and black so you have both ramp and reanimator, I'd make use of it.

>How would you fix your favorite color?
>Green
Nothing need be done. Green is already perfect because it supports so many different playstyles but still has the reliable back up plan of ramping into fatties if things go sour. It's the best supportive color in EDH and still functions well on its own or as the focus.

>Dust Dust-Drinker
The card sucks, the name sucks.

i fucked up

>gobra taxs

I don't quite know what it means but I feel like it's a scheme from """them"""

>Red
Just give it reliable card draw, holy fuck.

In more ways than one.

Shut up weeb

By our power combined, we are the best two-color combo!

Red is literally "burn through your hand go fast" the color.
Alternatively, wheel and deal.

>...But call him a Weeb and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: "I've been found out."

(((They))) have that planned next. They're gonna sell us Gobras, and then right when we think we're in the clear, tax the hell out of them!
#FreeBraids!

>Wheels aren't reliable card draw
It's like you've never know the power of dumping your hand and topdecking Wheel of Fortune.

simic is truly the best guild i will agree you on this

>reliable card advantage

Fixed that for you.

I think you meant White. You at least have wheels nigger.

>White
I literally can't think of anything that my color would need that it doesn't already have.

card draw

>Flash in Protean Hulk, Protean Hulk for Phyrexian Delver and Carrion Feeder, Delver for Hulk, sac Hulk for Mike, sac Delver, Delver comes back, Delver for Hulk, sac Hulk for Misthollow Griffin/Eternal Scourge, Hulk comes back, sac Hulk for Academy Rector, sac Rector, bring out Food Chain.
Wow Sheldon, Tazri FC was really weak, needed something to make it even better.

I run sram voltron, so that's not really a problem for me.

Sorry you play in an unfun meta desu

:^)

How about card draw not dependent on your commander? Ramp would also help.

I'd settle for spells that say shit like "Draw a card. If an opponent has more cards in hand than you, draw an additional card." Or something along those lines. Catch up draw to equalize hands.

I play monored and getting new cards is not an issue unless you're playing Losiva Coldeyes or some useless tribal garbage.

Red's issue is dealing with indivdual cards. It's great at wiping the board of everything, but it's not great at targeting one of your opponents' cards unless it's an artifact.

That sounds pretty fair.

Best UGx commander for SHENANIGANS?

Sram is by far the best monowhite general. 8.5 Tails and maybe Kemba are good as well but the rest are just either terrible or too expensive. White is the worst monocolor and it's not even close.

UGR, Maelstrom Wanderer.

Tasigur. It lets you play Villainous Wealth which is one of the most SHENANIGANS cards in the format.

I play Lovisa Coldeyes or some useless tribal garbage and I'm still pretty good on card draw in most games.

Slate of Ancestry, right?

Well, that depends on what you're aiming for, Brimaz and Kytheon are solid on 1v1.

Stax won't make the only people play more fair decks, it will just encourage them to do their degenerate stuff even faster.

It's very difficult to combo out against GAAIV if he's given even 1 turn to set up.

Kraj is the best for tap to untap to tap to untap level silliness.

Post commanders you've always wanted to make a deck for but haven't because they're probably trash

Who the fuck keeps making these threads so early?

It's still a two card combo but the tutors you have for it are worse than the ones FCT uses.

Its bryan

If you want people to play fair then talk with you're meta. If a majority agree then you may have traction for mutual powering down. If not, then learn to live with it or find another meta. Anything oppressive to unfair decks will be oppressive to fair decks as well.

explain this meme

The other thread is at the bump limit. I don't know what else you want other than for the thread to die entirely before making a new one.

Who should I use as a general for a demon tribal deck? I'd like something that's not Kaalia. I've been thinking about Shirei, Chainer, or maybe Athreos. Suggestions for cool things to add in to a Bx demon tribal also welcome.

Turbosperg was getting targeted in his meta. Instead of talking to his playgroup like mature adult he chose to ostracize someone from his group, Bryan, by slamming the door in his face. When he told us about his autism he thought Bryan was lurking and called him out. Keks have been had ever since.

As someone who's been the OP more often than not for these generals for the past two weeks, at what post count do you want me to make a new thread? It seems like people bitch unless the thread died before a new one then they bitch for letting the general die.

It stopped being funny after the first thread tbqh. Shitposting needs to be kept under control

As long as the old thread hits its bump limit, there shouldn't be anything wrong with starting a new one.

Not before it has been on page 10 for some time, Veeky Forums is a slow board.

this, (most) people who frequent these generals are smart enough to look through the whole catalog for them
and it's not fair to make two threads and kill off someone's original thread for the sake of a general

>Play Anafenza
>Other people think that it's +1/+1 counter shenanigans
>Not on board control
>mfw they realise that it may as well be Mono-W lockdown

So satisfying seeing a Niv-Mizzet or Sharuum player struggling to do shit on my turn.

Now -that's- Abzan, they would be proud.

show the list for Anafenza control.

You are asking for a small window of time there bub. After it's hit the bump limit, but before it dies, and only while it's on page 10? Veeky Forums is slow but it isn't that slow. Also if a thread dies before one that has hit the bump limit it was dead anyway, getting it off the board is a mercy killing.

are vehicles good enough for Depala to be good? I've never seen a Depala deck, but I heard she's not bad.

Considering that we'll probably not see vehicles for a while, or ever again - not really.

>Implying that Colonel Sanders would ever share the truth about the 7 Secret Herbs and Spices

It's not on fire.

I believe so yes. Vehicles are just super cheap """equipment"""*, and a select few dwarves and a lot of Boros control make a workable deck that's unique in style, at the very least. Also, she digs for this as a "dwarf", and I just love doing that.

That's funny okay fine

In 1v1 she can be terrifying, due to her ability of giving her player and almost never-ending stream of dwarves and vehicles each turn. If you fall behind, there's no getting back, only if you exile artifacts AND creatures

*an almost

Not that user, but it's probably hatebear tribal with a bunch of wraths thrown in. Both Anas do that.

Can I get some input on this?

shirei + apostles is pretty okay

Considering the last two threads I sat in a general without replies on page ten for 40 minutes and an hour respectively I really don't think I'm asking for much.

I'm pretty sure the ones making new threads aren't linking them either but maybe I'm just missing the posts.

I feel like BR demons is the best option. Can't go wrong with Sire of Insanity

Is there a variant commander where you can just use any rare creature as your commander?
Sol'Kanar is the best demon tribal commander, just on the basis of giving you UBR to work with. If you want to mono it, your commander is Sidisi.

Are there any companies that buy cards on MTGO for credit that I can use on real cards?

Repetitively Crib Swapping is also fun.

>how would you fix your favorite color
red
give it a ritual
R
add R to your mana pool for each card in your hand

that's all zada needs to be teir 1

that that or a cheap anthem effect that gives indestructible

the least i ask is something that says
"if somone try's to whipe the board, you don't have to insta scoop"

>give it a ritual
>with Arcane

>getting 6 or 5 mana on turn 1 for 1 mana card depending on if you get turn 1 card draw
No user, you're the retards

>add R for each card in your hand
Instantly banned in every format, including EDH. Go to the tier list and read off what's red in tiers 1, 1.5 and 2.

>cheap anthem that gives indestructible
>in red
You realize Red only has 16 cards that get or grant indestructible, right? That's 10% of what messes with indestructible. 6 of which are gods.

Neither of those are solutions.

White could be fixed with a 1 mana instant with buyback of 2 that says draw four cards and if one of more of the drawn cards were land cards, you may put them on the battlefield

You can fix green with this:

Braindead Explosion 1G
Sorcery
Search your library for three lands cards and put them onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library.

Blue could be
U
Instant
Return each permanent you don't control to it's owner's hand. Draw a card for each permanent returned to it's owner's hand this way.

Darkest Bargain B
Instant
Each opponent discards their hand. Lose 1 for each hand discarded this way.

Big Robot 1
Creature
Hexproof, Infect
10/10

If i sac corpsejack menace to mycoloth's devour etb, does mycoloth enter with 2 or 4 counters?

I got into a small disagreement with a friend yesterday when I said that it enters with 4 counters because the rules for corpsejack states:
>"10/1/2012 — If a creature you control would enter the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it, it enters with twice that many instead."
The devour ability on mycoloth requires that it enters the battlefield

Am i correct or is my friend correct?

Well, because the other player's card was shitty, it could be
Fortunest wheel
R
Instant
Each player discards their hands. For each card discarded this way, you draw a card and add {R} to your mana pool.
Rebound

Corpsejack's effect still applies, since Devour is a replacement effect and part of it's resolution

Boros sure does suck. I wish there was a spell that was powerful enough to compete with other colors while still maintaining the Boros feel:

Soldier Prerogative RW
Instant
Destroy all creatures you don't control. Gain 3 life for each creature destroyed this way. Create four 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.

That sounds really underpowered though.
How about
Razia's spring cleaning RW
Each of your opponents chooses a permanent he or she controls and sacrifices the rest. For each permanent sacrificed this way, create a red and white 1/1 soldier creature token with haste.

Dimir has a lot of mill spells, but they don't really pack the punch that you need in a competitive format. Let's try something like:

Nothing Personnel, Kid UB
Instant
Destroy target library. That library's controller loses life equal to that library's count. Take an extra turn after this one. Draw a card at the beginning of the next upkeep.
Investigate.

HOLY SHIT I WISH RED HAD A GOOD CARD. ALL THIS DECK NEEDS IS A CARD TWICE AS GOOD AS DARK RITUAL.

Let me template it for you:

Big Dumb Weeb Mistake R
Instant
Add R to your mana pool for each card in your hand.
"I'm too busy masturbating to anime to think about the things I say."

It's time for all of you to stop posting.

>Dumb animeposter finally realized we are making fun of him

i think i've only ever seen 4 or 5 different personalities in these generals since the start

are we just 5 people pretending to be a lot more?

Roll call!
One.

It says on the bottom right corner, fagboy.