Enchantment edition

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

Old thread:

If my life experience is anything to go by, it most certainly is unusual to be loved by anyone.

What about your mom user? It's mother's day, after all!

>enchantment edition
I mean, I have the ascend mechanic and this thing which I really fuckin love.

I'll kick things off by reposting these, since they didn't get much in the way of feedback being posted at the tail end of last thread.

Also this weird ass idea from years and a harddrive ago.

I kind of want to make it so the first player doesn't see the card, probably something like "That opponent looks at the top card of the first player's library and, if it shares etc, may reveal and cast that card etc.". Or, still reveal it because that's more succinct text, but make it get bottomed or milled if it doesn't match.

>1
neat, probably on par with intropack rares though

>02
scooze with a vengeance. Also neat.

>03
cute though probably costs itself out of ever seeing play

>04
>8 mana
oh mama. I feel like a high level eldritch abomination like that (and something that costs a fortune but doesn't have a particularly noteworthy body) should have some manner of protection. I guess I would like to see it like a 4/6 or something at the very least, make it harder to get rid of in some way. 8 mana cards are supposed to damn near win the game if they resolve, while this sets you up to do it, you then need to follow it up with yet more chunks of mana. Perhaps something that reduces its cost. This could play into the flavor of being devoted to this cthulhu style fucks and pulling them in from beyond.

>instant speed languish for 1 more mana with an escalate upside
Pushed but god damn it would I play with this card.

>6
cute application and powerful

>7
Hm, I know there's plenty of precedent for the produce extra black, but 5 cost "double all your mana" just doesn't feel right in black. I kind of feel that black is supposed to use urborg in order to be rewarded with maximum value for its B mana doublers. This doing both in one feels wrong. Black doubles its mana because it loves itself. It rewards you for being heavily black. Crypt ghast, that one liliana, cabal coffers, they only care about your black mana because that's the only kind of mana doubling black should do. The only thing I would say is to up the cost to 6 and/or include more B symbols because this effect at 5 is green's territory.

So it's useless turn 1 and probably useless turn 2 outside of having played things like experiment one but becomes very oppresive later on.

While I appreciate cards who manage to get value at different points in the game, I think the variance here might be too high. Perhaps something along the lines of making it cost 1U then having a base of having to pay 1 then +1 for each counter on your stuff.

Isn't that art already in use? And man this feels like it's pushing it again. I appreciate the effort but I can't fully get behind the execution. I feel that if white is going to counter it should have to be countering things that target things you control / give your opponent a realistic out. Mana tithe I feel works because it's a small tax, white likes taxing. Lapse of certainty kind of works because it gives it right back to them in the honorabru white fashion.

Now, this is literally just mana tithe that costs 1 more, and the fateful hour makes it feel like white's penchant for divine intervention and retribution. However, I go back to how, outside of those two examples, if white is going to counter things, it needs to be things that are targeting its stuff. I feel like changing this up so it counters target spell or ability targeting something you control unless its controller pays something would make it more palatable.

That said, I still doubt wizards would ever really explore this avenue. White is already the jack of all trades color (along with black) where it go with pretty much any game plan. Like I said before, protection from _ and indestructible fill the role of white's counter spells so giving actual counter spells to it on top of that is probably going too far. Especially if those counterspells don't only apply to things that target. Sorry if rambling.

>cute though probably costs itself out of ever seeing play
Think I should reduce the unearth cost? 1BB?
>04
That's fair. I can buff it up, maybe reduce its cost.
>05
Too pushed, do you think? Would it be better at 4BB?
>07
I'll push it up to 4BB.
I really hope that isn't supposed to be a one-drop. Also, no ascend? On your ascend mythic? Why?
Red copying enchantments feels super off.
Minor wording issues aside, I feel like this cares about too many variables. I'd pick color or card type, not both.
I agree that this is too swingy. The alteration suggested by is a good place to start.
I've never been a fan of white counterspells. Blue gets to interact with spells because it isn't good at interacting with permanents. White, on the other hand, is one of the colors that's best at interacting with permanents, so it also getting spell interaction doesn't make sense.

As I was looking through the suspend cards I noticed that black's rare seemed to have the weakest of the spells by comparison. So I decided to make a new black suspend spell. What I like about mine is that you can't just combo it with a cascade effect because if you're playing it in a storm deck (or any deck that wants a yawgmoth's will effect) you will more than likely hit a ritual effect instead which incentives you to actually suspend it. It may still be too powerful and the wording might need to be fixed, but I thought it was a cool idea.

Yeah, 1bb should work.
k
k
Personally I'd go with 3BBB as it means you HAVE to have plenty of black sources already to really earn the extra black mana. But the difference is minor enough that I can say you do you.

Why shouldn't it be a 1 drop? It sits there as an enchantment and does nothing until you poor more mana into it. I could see the case for upping either it's casting cost or glyph counter placing ability by 1.

Fair enough, I'd probably go with color as that's more likely to hit.

I'm thinking that my enemy color sac set is becoming unwieldy. I'm thinking of taking my ascend mechanic and ideas revolving around evoke to a RUG vs WB set (possibly a bit of G or U in the WB faction.)

I'm considering transformation as a theme within the RUG faction to reflect the ascend in WB.
I have some ideas for how to do it, something like
>Whenever you cast a spell with converted mana cost higher than ~'s, transform ~.
or
>If there are three or more counters on ~, transform it.
The first has play with things like evoke and a mechanic I'm thinking of that'd basically be the reverse of overload, or something like flashback, or something like evoke for instants/sorceries. The second could bring in the previous mutant +1/+1 synergy as well as having cute synergy with glyph counters.

Also perhaps a smattering of subfaction cards that subtly synergize with both but break their color alignment. Like, the WB faction would care about passive play and enchantments but there could be a handful of cards in W/R that like aggressive auras. Just stuff like that.

Think I'm in a better place here than I was with that previous set?

That's a cool idea unfortunately I really think that Devour is reserved for more monstrous cards. For flavor reason I'd change it to say that you sac dudes on cast or etb then get the counters. Or maybe I'm just wrong.

I appreciate what you're trying to do but I think trying to fix yawgmoth's will is a fool's errand. That said, they tried this same approach with the equally broken Balance so, while I doubt this would ever see print anywhere, I at least kinda like it.

I dig it yo. Would build mono B commander deck around.

I mostly did it to conserve space on the card.

>Think I'm in a better place here than I was with that previous set?
I'd have to see some examples before I could decide that, man. It sounds like you have some interesting ideas, though.

You're absolutely right that it isn't very viable. I just figured that for the suspends blue got Ancestral Recall, red got Wheel, white got Balance, and green got Eureka I wanted to give black a card that had a similar power level even if it does see no play.

The funny thing is, despite black's not being the thoroughly busted effects, living end is the only one of the "suspend so it's fixed" that sees play (not counting hypergenesis because banned). I guess visions sees a smattering (or has its modern turn out increased?)

AH MOTHER FUCKIN SHIT DAMN. Suspend could be a cool way of utilizing that first transform idea I had AND playing into the flavor of both the temur and orzhob factions. Though I think suspend might be a bit played out in these threads thanks to you. You and your well crafted sets and helpful advice, you disgust me. That and I'd probably rather utilize one of my own ideas, derivative tough they may be. Also plays into X cost spells so that's neat.

Flavor is quite cute.

I don't know how to evaluate these because I haven't played with vehicles much, but what experience I do have says these are probably okay and I like their designs.

It's creepy how much your symbol resembles a set symbol I used to use long ago. The name looks like "Elven" and "Sith" mashed together. Dunno if that was intentionally humorous, but I smiled. It's hard to say how balanced this is since you already have to have the mana to cast it, and to get good value from it, you have to clear your board pretty heavily, but I think it might be okay. Certainly flavorful from the "human sacrifice = summoning a huge demon" standpoint, since that's what it'd likely lead to.

Yawgmoth's Will is so damn warping I dunno if trying to "do it right" or something is a good idea. Still, at least they see it coming here and can plan accordingly.

This feels like too much body for that ability and cost. It's deathtouch+ and scales off itself, so it's very efficient and 4 toughness outraces most other 3-drops. I'd dial it back a bit. It's not like it has to even swing to get itself going either, so the risk is very low.

>white counterspells
Not something I'm on board with. I'd see them in black or red before white.

Thirding that it's too swingy, for what it's worth.

I'd make this noncreature spells myself. Or even go all the way to instant or sorcery spells only.

>RB01
I think WotC would make this "target creature defending player controls" for the -2/-2. Player expectations, yadda yadda. Otherwise seems fine to me.
>RB02
I think this needs to work more like Necrotic Ooze because as worded, it has those abilities even when in the yard at the moment, if I'm not mistaken. Though maybe that's a feature, not a bug?
>RB03
I actually think the Unearth on this can be more aggressive. Otherwise Bloodghast/10.
>RB04
Usually black punishes others casting spells, so this feels a bit odd to me.
>RB05
I like. Lots. Pointless feedback is pointless but still.
>RB06
Clever. Scales but slower at the start than Sign in Blood so should be fine.
>RB07
I think this can be cheaper maybe.

Apparently the Injustice 2 storyline is complete garbage filler that just repeats the "Batman good, Superman bad" mantra ad nauseam (ie, more than zero). What a shame. Oh well. Anyway, Brainiac. Emphasizing his "collector and destroyer" aspect here. Gotta say, really loved the idea of him being the reason Krypton was destroyed. Totally fits the character and makes his relationship with Superman more personal as well.

Considering he takes people/things over and controls them, this works fairly well. Is he really that beefy though? And honestly, the copy ability feels too expensive for how spendy he already is. I realize cheating him out is a thing, but same with the Eldrazi and that doesn't stop them from being super powerful. I dunno, that's just a LOT of mana to spend.
>Coluan
Wut? I thought he was just a super computer with a body. I had to look this up. Well that's kind of a letdown, actually.

It being temporary kind of gives it a pass but I feel like it's still sort of odd and wants to be RW.

These are just really weird. I didn't really have much to do with Kaladesh so I have trouble gauging Vehicles and their potential costs. I do know you want them to typically offer more power or utility than you could get with whatever you're tapping to get them online though.

>create a token that is a copy of target permanent card with converted mana cost X exiled with Brainiac, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types.

Also, jesus fucking christ this guy is expensive. 9 mana for anything better say "win the game". Were I making this, I'd make his CMC something like 5 and give him an okay body. That's comparable to an annihilator dude. And it's not like his other ability is easy to break so the body needs to have a cost to compensate. After all, you have to poor loads of mana into that ability. If you're worried about it being too abusable you could always include a tap cost. Or make him only able to hit nonlands, or, if you really want to nerf him, have the cards return when he leaves. So yeah, if you want this guy to even be playable in commander that CMC needs to be be tanked OR if you want to keep the ludicrously high CMC and body, give him protection and make that activated ability cheaper (this comes with the downside of it being something other creatures can then obtain... unless you make it a triggered ability somehow)

I should probably actually dial this back a notch to a 1/1 and +1/+1. I guess I should have thought about it longer.

probably
nice flavor text by the way. I have a thing for proverb and idiom flavortexts

Lot of surprisingly good flavortext in these threads by the way. Even on official cards it's often cringey.

>RB01
Odd ability. OK I suppose, though Menace feels a bit off here.

>RB02
Eh, feels like it might be too good.

>RB03
I dunno, part of me just feels like it's overcomplicated. Why not just the standard recurring 2/1 that plays into your set's mechanics naturally? Recur on spending 5 or more mana on a spell maybe?

>RB04
Interesting. Might be overcosted, hard to tell.

>RB05
Huh. Not really sure about this.

>RB06
Dunno about this one. Interesting ideas, but I'm not sure about using Convoke to get around the downside.

>RB07
Very interesting. No idea on cost, but I really think you should keep an eye on it.

I can't even really tell what the applications of this are. I feel like the only time the card would be cast is when it would really fuck over the first player.

Oh come on. Since when does having a low life total justify breaking the color pie? If you want to make White counters, at least try to make them fit White's philosophy.

Yeezus this ramps like crazy. Pure card advantage. I honestly think the entire card needs to be redesigned unless you want to jack up the cost.

I like the idea, just not sure if this is the best way to go about it. Devour just feels kinda off here.

Yeah I was thinking about Guul Draz Vampire when I made it and how black gets 1/2s at common with upsides now and just kinda derped my way into doing both which was too much. Glad the flavor text works though. I'm normally bad at it. The mechanic works like it does because I was thinking about Delirium and Threshold and what kinds of variants could exist. Also that I like making commons and should make more of them as practice.

>what the applications of this are
Chaos more than anything. I originally intended for it to only work when the first spell is cast from hand, which, in retrospect I should probably go back to. Because that would mean your opponent tries to play cards and you get a card, so, in theory, it could be a kind of red card draw. But yeah, it has no real applications, it's just wacky. Probably annoying, but wacky.

>Brainiac
I'm hugely indecisive when it comes to what bodies go to which characters, to be completely honest. Will tone down, along with mana cost. Unsure of how to change the activated ability to make it more usable. If I change it to just X, it opens up abuse with CMC 0 cards, like lands obviously. I guess I could have them ETB tapped though. Or I could just make it a flat cost. How expensive should endless token copies be? 2WUB? More?

>Coluan
This is another case of "Depending on the Writer". Brainiac's origins vary quite a bit depending on which story you read. Sometimes he's an alien, other times he's a computer, other times he's a circus freak being possessed by the original Brainiac, somehow. This version of him I'm making with the idea that he's a cyborg alien from Colu.

>Orphian Initiate
Odd card. Interesting idea though. But I think I'd make it uncommon.

And another crazy card, why not?

Honestly I kinda liked your Sen Triplets idea you had going before, but obviously "with a twist" would be better. If you want to stick with this, I'd tone it down to cost about 6 mana (3WUB) for a 4/4 or 4/5 and make the copy only affect nonland stuff. An interesting take might be to make the copy cost a tap, then allow you to not untap him and you keep the copy as long as you keep him tapped down to represent him having to exert himself to control said copy? I dunno.

>Initiate
As said above I toned it down to a 1/1 and +1/+1 and menace on the ability. Should scale more in line now with Guul Draz Vamp, which is also a common (and one of my favorites to boot).

Thanks for the feedback. I actually did adjust the cost to 3WUB, and I think I'll take your idea of only copying nonland stuff. Still not really sure on how to cost that ability though. I'll mull it over. As for your suggestion about tapdown, I might use something like that for another card I was having trouble with.

>Initiate
Should be fine then. And yeah, I also like the original Zen vamps, especially the ones with the Bloodied mechanic. Which reminds me of the first time I learned just how powerful recursion can be, when I get my ass handed to me by a full playset of Bloodghasts. Goddamn that was a short game.

>turn 2 hard counter
>usually gets somewhat worse as the game goes on but is almost always going to be a stronger mana leak that costs 2 life.
I don't think this card is too powerful but boy does it knock on that door.

I was thinking the other day about Force of Will. I remember what someone said about it being used in tournaments, though I forget the format, I'm pretty sure it was one of the eternal ones. Anyway, his comment basically broke down to the idea that whenever a completely broken, degenerate combo comes around (eg. Grindstone + Painter's Servant), Force of Will is there to save the day by preventing the combo from really forming. And then I thought about other card games. I just had the idea of a card game that made a free counter like FoW early in the game's lifecycle specifically for this reason, so that whatever state the game was in, there was always this sort of "panic button" card. I dunno if any of that makes sense or not.

Anyway, I guess at the end of the day I want this to be a free counter that is similar to FoW in terms of power, if not as powerful as FoW. Name sucks, I know, I'm not very good at names.

The oldest formats are legacy and vintage.

As for your card... well I'm almost certain it wouldn't be printed in a standard set. That said, I kind of wish force of will were this instead as it would maybe mean the format isn't almost entirely made of decks that run the same FoW + cantrips package that consumes half their deck. As for it's power level, obviously way less powerful than force as it eats an extra card in a game where card advantage is king.

Now as for that philosophy, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know that in the case of something like MTG, just printing fair cards isn't going to cut it. There will eventually come some fucked up interaction. I mean, who would have imagined there are 2 different decks that run 1 or less lands which, without something like FOW or hate cards would dominate the most powerful formats. But, I also have an issue with printing op cards for the sake of preventing future fuck ups... but since those fuck ups are inevitable as you explore interesting design space this kind of thing or intense bannings become a necessity... or just scrapping that load of bullshit like wotc has essentially done to the eternal formats.

Basically I just wish things like fow weren't a necessary evil.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Brainiac.
>Bloodghasts/recursion
Yeah that's why such creatures are usually small or the recursion is expensive or has hoops you need to jump through. It's the same thing as having extra cards but they don't dilute your deck.

Yeah I dunno about this. It's pretty borderline. I think it'd actually see constructed play for sure, so if that's your goal, you got it. I don't think it'd see print though.

I just don't think FoW is a good idea and honestly the fact that it's necessary to keep the game healthy says bad things about the game (or at least the formats where it's necessary). This eats three cards (two plus the spell itself) so it's probably balanced especially since they are have to be nonland cards. So I am basically on the same page with this as .

Took me for goddamn ever to find art for these. Had them made in 5 minutes but I have a LOT of art to sift through. I should really organize it better.

Up the damage on reckless to be a shock. Right now it's by far the worst of the cycle

I was worried that a shock was too good since it can hit face and creatures, and it'd outshine Nefarious too much.

Oh, I also wanted to say I wanted to have Nefarious make a Skeleton token instead, but also figured that was too good.

You already have the green one ramping you.

Green usually gets the short end of the stick in cycles like this so I decided to make it the best one. So you think I can get away with a token? Huh. Well, I'll see if anyone else chimes in.

Cute, but unlikely to play well. Unless you play them turn 1, 1/1s are not getting through to become renowned.

>1/1s are not getting through to become renowned.
Part of the point. That's why they are kinda pushed.

While we're taking control...

Your idea gave me an idea.

Reminds me of a card I did a while ago.

These seem pretty good, though I don't understand the name of the BR one.

I think this is about as elegant as I am able to make this.

>fuck walls
Well, Mannichi was 2R and needed 1R, so maybe 2RR for this? Don't really know, kinda hard to judge. Also, I'm sorry, but I really hope you aren't planning on making this a mythic for a set, I just feel like the effect isn't really worthy of mythic status.

At the beginning of each upkeep, switch each creature;s power and toughness until end of turn.

>Green usually gets the short end of the stick in cycles like this

This is going to sound inflammatory, but I honestly truly mean it; are you fucking special or something? Green has been the most pushed color for the past 4-5 years and to not see that is just mind-blowing.

Anyways, I'm going to second the other guy. Make a 2/2 zombie and shock something.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Red's been pretty fucked over in the last few sets, at least in terms of cycles.

Changed to only hit nonlands, mana cost reduced to 3WUB, P/T reduced to 4/4, activated ability now costs WUB to get a token of any permanent exiled with Brainiac, and it's sorcery speed. Sorcery speed to try and prevent some abuse, for example, having to actually make sure Brainiac actually survives combat before you start making copies of whatever it exiled.

I really want to make a creature that changes from hasty 2 or 3 drop -> useless pile of ash -> flying hasty phoenix

I think my current wording is a little clunky, what do you think? BTW, I'm designing for cube hence the power level and lack of a rarity.

Eh, I think just exiling it from your graveyard to make a Phoenix token would work just as well.

I did find an article from 2016 that cites green as one of the strongest of the five colors from a Modern standpoint, but not "the most pushed" so I wonder what you base your claims on besides your own, unreliable observations.

Also, hot advice: what you said and what I said aren't mutually exclusive, so your little jab is pretty meaningless, all told. That said, the card stuff is all that matters so since you and the other user feel the black one can get bumped up and the red one as well, I'll get on that fix, thanks.

You have a point; red does sometimes feel like it's getting shafted now that I think about it. I recall reading somewhere that red feels that way because WotC feels that such an aggressive, up front color doesn't get to be as "cute" as the other colors so their stuff often feels better than red's since red's is just direct, plain shit.

I remember that image too. I also recall laughing really hard.

This looks better to me. It actually feels usable now.

So Deathpact Angel in red? Eh. I think something that functions more like Embalm, but instead exiles the Acolyte from the yard and makes a Phoenix token, like suggests, is the better option.

Silly uncommon. Wondering if this would make more sense as a nonpermanent spell. Or maybe even give negative toughness.

Flavor text belongs to, respectively, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Batman.

To be fair to Wizards, I can see why they're wary of making cheap burn. Cheap burn and you can knock down an opponent's life total while making sure their creatures are never a threat to you or your own. I just feel like they go a bit overboard with it at times. Though I don't even play Magic that much, so I could be wrong.

Missing an "enchant creature" there but other than that, i agree you might want to try negative toughness. Makes it useful as a removal spell too, since that might outright kill the creature, or at least make it weak enough to block and kill, especially if it's something that wouldn't normally attack like a Beguiler of Will or something.

I feel like they've been trying to slow the game down over the course of the last few years, and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment. I'm up the same river as you though; I don't play much anymore, so I could be wrong.

How about this? I'd rather not use exile, since I want this to feel like something that could keep coming back over and over even though each token requires a few hoops to jump through (6 mana, having a creature die, missing out on a draw)

Oops forgot my pic

One thing I forgot to ask before was: Why not just make it a Phoenix? Really, what benefit is there in making it a Human when you so obviously want it to be a Phoenix? In which case you could just make the activated ability return the card to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter or two on it.

>I want this to feel like something that could keep coming back over and over
Okay, that's fair. Phoenixes seem to either go straight from the graveyard to the battlefield, or go from the yard to the hand, depending.
>having a creature die
Easily done since it's 2/1; not really a hoop.
>missing out on a draw
A big reason I think doing it this way is a bad idea. Red already has problems with running out of steam late-game, so it needs all the help it can get. I would rather this went back to your hand from the yard, then you had to cast it again. Firewing Phoenix could be useful as a model to follow here. Keep the casting cost and stuff as you have it. Then, change the return ability to be more expensive, since you're recurring a card AND getting a token (I'd suggest 4RR here, possibly as low as 3RR but that's pretty pushed) and have the Acolyte end up in your hand instead of on top of the library.

I'd really like for the base body be a 2 drop with haste, and making it a Phoenix would require flying, and a 2 drop flying haste creature would probably end up too powerful. Plus, I really like the art.

Fair point about running out of steam. At 4RR, do you think the token should have haste?

I think you could manage that.

Here are some extremely basic ideas I have for a new mechanic. They absolutely would not have to be so simple or limited by what the card itself does but these I think get the idea across. Dozens of ideas based around an something like this but I think it's at a good place here... maybe...

Perhaps "Homage a(n) [card type]" so I can do more with it, including things like casting cost which is a subtheme in the set. Though that may get too complicated.

Do ya

I'll smorc your gob mate.

I assume these are just mockups and not intended to be balanced at all, so I won't go into that. I think that Homage is better than what you have here, because it lets you Homage Instants on a blue creature, Enchantments on a white creature, etc. Just a bit more flexible. That said, it's going to be really hard to balance, because it's a massive upswing in utility. Basically what you have here is a better Splice mechanic, if it had a baby with Flashback in a drunken stupor. I have to admit though, plain Homage does look better on a card than Homage instant or Homage creature. I guess we'll see what other people think. I think you should try it out a bit on some cards so we get an idea what you'll do with it.

>that second ability
You can do this with Forecast and it'd be just as funny.

I agree with everything you said.

I like this format for homaging better. and yeah, it kind of takes elements from splice, flashback, haunt, aftermath, I had ideas for how it might be like "champion a _". It's been all over the place but I think it's pretty rad.

Now the question is, should it go back to requiring it to be on spells?

Thank you for the feedback. I'll take your comments into consideration as I continue to tweak things.
>Suspend could be a cool way of utilizing that first transform idea I had AND playing into the flavor of both the temur and orzhov factions.
If you wanna use suspend and transform, man, go for it!
I agree with that Homage [type] is better, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on it. It reminds me a lot of haunt, and haunt is not something I think you want your ability to be compared to.

>bc01
Not really "homage", is it? Flavor starts to go awry if you do stuff like this.

I thought the point of Homage was going to be that you could have different types homage each other? What you have here is just what you already had, pretty much. Also, something I didn't consider till now is that there's going to be some design space limiting issues given that the keyword isn't self-contained. Maybe make it more like Bloodrush? An ability word that basically mirrors what the card does, or some aspect of it, and staples it onto another spell? Only out of the yard, obviously. That gives you more clearance to make cards like bc01, without it seeming off somehow. Maybe also change the name to boot, to something that fits an effect that can be harmful or beneficial?

seems okay

I like the plus, the - is interesting and should probably make them 1/4s because an armageddon + boardwipe just resets the game and you need a way to actually win from that position or it's just shitty and miserable for both players.

interesting design just not sure sure why you'd use it.

ah fuck. I like it

I like it

I'd probably word it as Equipped creature has, "If a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn would die, exile that creature instead."

and ALL planeswalkers.

return UP TO one. But more importantly, WHEN do you do that?

Associating rules text with counters is bad form.
Remove last line of text. 10/10. Excellent design.
05 undercosted. Compare to Languish.

I'm a fairly experienced L1 and I'm unsure if "amount of mana" works how you want to. Bad sign.
Non-Creature, 1 mana would make me like it more from developmental standpoint.
The card is arguably weaker than Crusher of Ulamog. Compare to It That Betrays to see the concept done better.
Hello super-Delver. Broken.
Neat. Might be frustrating to play against though. Make card cost 7?
Uncommon, make Red and Blue do something else. Impulse-exile-draw for red and loot for blue? Very cool cycle.
Resistance cool. Force bad.
Don't put "you lose the game" on a card.
Disagree
Seems very strong. Fails the Jace test though, so might be fine.
Restricting it to spells seems to reduce already big complexity.

Broken.

>05 undercosted. Compare to Languish.
I've since adjusted it.
>I'm a fairly experienced L1 and I'm unsure if "amount of mana" works how you want to. Bad sign.
I'm not sure what you mean. It should work exactly as I intended it to; I referenced precedent cards for wording as well as the comp rules regarding convoke during its design.

For what format? Should it cost 1 or 2 or 3 more and be rare?

Im so sorry

>Starting turn 3 or 4 it's probably a 1U hard counter
Not sure how to feel about it but I don't think it's broken.

parasitism.jpg

Was wondering when you'd meander back in here.

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ why are YOU namefagging now? And yeah, Grasp is broken and Prayer is... well if it's a modal spell, it needs wording work. Also totally broken.

>{X}{B}
>enchantment - curse
>at every upkeep, put X fit counters on this card. Enchanted player must perform one pushup for every fit counter attached to this card or pay X life.

I like hot chicks as much as the next neckbeard, but I can't say it saves most of these cards. I remember this "temptation counter" thing from a long time ago and I don't think I care for it. I mean cards like Fantasize could just say "Target creature can't block this turn draw a card" and be the same damn thing, barring counters-matter stuff which I don't care for since they don't do anything on their own.

>associating rules text with counters is bad form
I know I know. Thankfully, the reminder text could feasibly be put into rules text. That said, since I'm probably abandoning my old set and moving ascend to a set that's going to have transformations, I wonder if I should just give in and have it transform the dudes. Rinah here for instance would just be an enchantment that flips when it doesn't have any glyph counters on it.

I'm considering swapping back to spells, what do you think of the slight variance in direction?

This is literally the first time I've posted here. I also don't think the incentive is there to play monocolored decks to a degree that breaks Prayer, templating aside. It's never more than a 1-for-1 outside magical christmas land, what's broken about it?

>having two basic Plains is a magical christmas land scenario
I implore you to reconsider.
>Sloughs
This is actually fine. It could actually probably be 3B since it's just a worse Corrupt.

Is there a particular ability that pushes it over?

yes its clunky and stupid
and i should probably kill myself but before i do
is it at least balanced even a little bit

>Brainiac
>the Jace test
Never heard of this before, but I read up on it using Google. Very interesting, thanks for mentioning this.

>Brainiac's Possession
Thanks, glad you like it. Will up cost to 7.

>Hello super-Delver. Broken.
Not that user, but he already changed the design to 1/1 that gets +1/+1 and gains menace when the condition is met.

It's just the level of value you can get out of it. Consider it in Limited where you can and will be mostly using basic lands. Less choices and a "scaling ceiling" would help bring it back down.
>crush
This is borderline. Saccing three mountains, depending on how cheap and fast red is in the set, could be fine for you, but completely wipe your opponent out. At 5 mana, that's a valid concern. But I am loathe to say it's "broken". It's certainly pushed though.