/40kg/ 40K General

Call to Crusade edition
stop bitching about chinamen and poorfags subedition

>daily dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bolter
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Warriors
ebay.ie/itm/302313652923
ebay.ie/itm/302313656835
wwwebay.ie/itm/302313661820
ebay.ie/itm/302313663701
mega.nz/#F!vx9RQLTT!iB0fdVydEyzK0U5efJvLxA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I plan on getting back into 40k once 8th drops (haven't played since 5th) what's different? I plan on starting s new army as well

Has anyone got some assets they used to make homebrew codexes handy? Like the boarders/fonts/backgrounds. Imperial style if possible, Inquisition/Sororitas specifically.

Simpler rules for shooting and saves mostly designed to streamline gameplay

is this list viable at all or is it a disaster. thought?

>wasting your time fucking up the formatting for a fandex
Don't be stupid. Make it as simple and easy to read as possible

I came here to chew bubblegum and wreck titans.
And I'm all out of bubblegum

It's for character sheets and shit for Dark Heresy, but the stuff used on the Veeky Forums Sororitas codex is pretty much exactly what I want.

If Orks beliefs become true when enough Orks think the same thing, how come nobody has used this for their advantage? Like Necrons raise an army of super orks that believe that Space Marines are actually super weak and can't be hurt by them?

All out of fresh memes, too.

>how come nobody has used this for their advantage
because it isn't a real thing

Leave him alone he's fabulous

I mean, that works to an extent. The Waaagh lets orks put their heads back on after being blown off with pretty rudimentary medical treatment, and the bolter was designed to kill orks by blowing them up in a way that convinces other nearby orks "zog, 'es a gonner" so they actually do die.

Orks already believe they're da best.

Then it's a matter of raising an army of orks that believe that being btfo by a bolter isn't enough to kill them, right?

But what if besides that they believed everyone else was the worst too? As a human I believe myself to be superior to say, a stray dog and an ant, but I wouldn't put them both in the same league.

Goddamn look at that hourglass figure.

Fucking sexy bitch.

Why would it matter unless the dogs are fighting ants? Orks already think they can beat anyone. They don't. It's not that strong an effect.

The WAAAGH! is like psychic duct tape that works on an ork quantum level. It fixed broken things to work, it doesn't improve them.

A gun that wouldn't function shoots because WAAAGH! fixes it, as the ork doesn't realize it's not meant to function.

A jet that has no fuel takes of when an ork hyjacks it because the WAAAGH! fixes it, as the ork doesn't realize the jet lacks the fuel. (it doesn't materialize the fuel, the engines simply run on their own without it)

How do you hide your Chinaman figs? My playgroup is very touchy feely with everything and they'll sniff out stuff.

>Orks already think they can beat anyone. They don't.
>

The bolter was In use before Terra was fucking unified.

>It fixed broken things to work, it doesn't improve them.
What about painting things red making them faster?

>orks that believe that Space Marines are actually super weak and can't be hurt by them?

An Ork would never believe that because an Ork wants a propa fight.

You know how one plain human psyker can make anything faster? It's like that except It takes thousands of dumbasses and still isn't as potent or reliable. Go read the lore and stop asking shit questions shitting up the thread.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bolter 30th millennium or thereabouts, famalam.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Warriors
Nope, you're just making assumptions based on the focus of that page on the most common bolter patterns. They were used by thunder warriors.

>Using Warhammer40k wikia
>not Lexicanum
You had one job and you fucked it up.
Funny that the fluff for Volkite Blasters implies that Volkite weapons used to be the common infantry weapon until Bolters replaced them.

Super glue coins to the bottom of your bases and paint them black.

Anyone having any luck with the 4th MEGA link? It's puttng me in an infinte loop.

What are the usual telltale signs of a fig being chinacast?

Wasnt the change from volkite due to the vast numbers of recruits? Pretty fucking cool standard armament though.

The surface is grainier than plastic, edges are more pronounced and it feels slightly lighter than plastic minis.

Smells faintly of rice

When you put it against your ear you can hear ching chong ding dong.

arrr faces rook same

le go le back le to le /pol/ le Xd

W8 4 8 M8

So I got into the 8th hype and bought a Tyranids SC box, I have 0 idea how to play or paint or any of the stuff and I happen to live nearby the HQs, is there people that can show you how to paint and play and shit or should I go to the Games Workshop in the city centre?

8th will play pretty fucking different.

Paint your box and 8th should be out by then.

As for painting, try Warhammer TV on youtube. Duncan's videos are great.

Last Mega link is dead

Yeah that was the plan but I was wondering if by the time 8th drops I will be able to learn it in Warhammer world or if I have to go to a proper shop. I know the place has some stores and tables for playing as well as a pub but I'm not sure if it is aimed at super hardcore tourney fags or clueless noobs are also accepted

What kind of terminator variant is your favorite, user? Are there any legion specific terminator variants you want to see in the future we don't already have in 40k i.e. gorgon, siege, red butchers, etc.?
I personally like the scarab occult, working on my squad right now for 8th.

You guys mind if I shill my eBay stuff here?
I saw a few posts recently where people said they wanted to start playing 40k, but didn't have the money to buy from GW. My stuff is going pretty cheap at the moment.

Anything good?
Hope it's not
>Pro Painted

riptides

They're incredibly rude when on vacation.

>I personally like the scarab occult
Very nice. Tartaros best terminator.

Both, basically.

No, I have too much attachment to the minis I paint to sell them.
ebay.ie/itm/302313652923
ebay.ie/itm/302313656835
wwwebay.ie/itm/302313661820
ebay.ie/itm/302313663701

I hope there's noise Terminators or something when we get a release.

Judging by the current legion update format, you probably will be blessed with noise producing terminators user. Let's hope they look nice.

Works for me then. I just hope the workers don't constantly try to sell stuff while explaining how to play, fucking physical shop is much more expensive than the same shit from the interwebz

RELEASE THE RULES
REEEEEEEEE

Probably at least another week or two senpai.

Maybe even into June.

>Release date announced at Warhammer fest on 27th and 28th this month
>Pre-orders go up the following Friday
>Released the following weekend of 10th and 11th

That's my guess anyway

Will matte varnish hide the shine on a transfer pic or is there some other magical technique that I dont know of

wait is that a human and not a doll?
For weeks now I've thought thats some made to be creepy doll but its a person??

Rude

honest to god I couldn't tell

>microset
>microsol
>matte varnish
Will make transfers look painted on.

Small changes. A red vehicle goes faster because the red ones go faster. But no "an ork thinks this empty box and pipe is a gun, so it will shoot magic bullets because he believes it" garbage I see people taut on here.

What is everyone working on?

3 1/2 hours in and ive nearly finished this guy. Ill leave a few highlights and cleaning for the morning

Orks are the worst army in the setting
Fuckin dumb comedic relief npcs
Fuck off

hey buddy i think you got the wrong thread, wip is two blocks down

gotcha

Fuck off, user.

Looks cool, mate. Doing some CSM bikers, myself. Anyone have any ideas for making them Slaaneshi?

Fuck you

Basic Outline for a codex entry and the current battlefield role symbols.

mega.nz/#F!vx9RQLTT!iB0fdVydEyzK0U5efJvLxA

Same bananaman as yesterday I suppose since I haven't started yet for today
on a scale of 1-10 how dogshit is this guy? still WIP but mostly done

Debating also whether or not I should paint my Silence girls in a similar paint scheme (gold armour red hair/plume and fabrics), I do kinda dig the purple/silver-y scheme for them that I've seen some, though

>getting rid of all these rare female minis

Eireanon, why do you hate women?

I see you bought two prospero boxes as well though

Just finished my dreadnoughts, waiting for new vanguards next.

Painting some Skittles. But I'm a noob so it's taking forever and still looks bad. Butt apparently the only way to not suck is to practise.

Seven dogshirts out of ten. Also add a bonus of one for excellent photography.

Tactical Marines. Just doing a wash before going to work, maybe continue with them after getting home.

>hoarded a shitton of cash for 8th
>constantly browsing fw trying to decide what to spend the excess on
>will probably have to wait a week untill release regardless for a fw pdf to appear
this is suffering
just give me the Elysian rules already

idk where to ask this, seeing as though wip is a lot less active than 40kg
is it possible to paint the transfer sheets before applying them?

Don't have time to paint as much anymore. I know you guys take better care painting than most other communities, so I want them to find a good home here.

IA14 is tau vs skittles
IA15 will be the new elysian codex
IA 14 is rumoured to not be out until 2018
The suffering is real my friend, I guess until then I'll be running them as cadians when 8th is out until IA15 is out

I never heard of that, might be possible. You can print put your own though.

faq said all models from 7th will be playable upon release including FW i'dd assume we'll get a rudimentary "codex" which is just a compilation of dataslates
probably bundled with krieg and other IA vehicles

thats a whole bunch of dogshirts

>Fun
>Imperial Knight
Pick one.

>all models from 7th will be playable upon release, including FW
Nice joke, FW is notorious for taking forever to do anything, we definitely won't be seeing most of the rules for FW units on release, you should be happy elysians are second in line, imagine how renegades and heretics players are feeling knowing they'll only get their codex in 2019

Please stop asking for list help when were less than 30 days from new edition
Just stop

>knights in 8th
>lumbering juggernauts slowly feeling the weight of the endless war
>guns start jamming
>legs stop working
>last act of heroism is purposely falling over hoping to catch the enemy in the blast
cant fucking wait

;_;

What is the best way to kit out a Leman Russ in the current edition?

I currently get much more milage out of an Exterminator with a lascannon and 2x multimeltas than I do out of the battle cannon variants.

Is this set to change in 8E or not?

they need to make vehicles easier to kill as they lose wounds

It's pretty evident that they will become immobilized, have their weapons destroyed etc as they get whittled down

Some Vamps for my Egyptian vampire cunts army.

My 40k armies are on hold until I know what I will actully be using.

they did

This, right here famalam.

I can't wait to reenact Pacific Rim on the tabletop in 8th ed.

BRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>we definitely won't be seeing most of the rules for FW units on release
Except we will because it has already been straight up officially confirmed. You think FW needs to wait for 8th edition to come out before they get to see the rules and make new datasheets for their stuff? The same design team that's been doing the rules for every existing GW unit over the past many months has also been doing the same thing for FW stuff in partnership with the FW studio.

i'm talking about losing armor or even toughness

Can I still use all my models?
Yes. Every Warhammer 40,000 miniature we sell today will be usable in the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. What’s more, they’ll be supported with new rules, which will be available from the get go in handy, low-cost books.

Even Forge World models?
Yes, even all of your Warhammer 40,000 Forge World models**.

sounds like we're getting rules instantly to me

Stop asking this shit. No one knows.

Multi-meltas are probably going to be nuts tho going by the new twin-linked rules so go for it.

>What is the best way to kit out a Leman Russ in the current edition?
Who cares?

>Is this set to change in 8E or not?
Hmm, I don't know, is something set to change in the new edition that's changing every rule in the fucking game and rebalancing every single thing all from the ground up? That's a real difficult question user.

there is yet no evidence about multi-meltas being twin-inked by default

Grey Knight Terminators are the best.
Prove me wrong.
>Hint: You can't.