What's the most unlikeable character you've ever had the displeasure to experience on tabletop?

What's the most unlikeable character you've ever had the displeasure to experience on tabletop?
Both PCs and NPCs count

Howald Kote, general of Magnusian Liberation Front.
Our group met with him after said liberation movement on backwater Union world was cut short with Union forces by newly emergent alien species who ate every-fucking-one. We were on a ship with him escaping from the system and he was still pulling his rank on us, because we took part in it.
You bet that we have killed him on first chance.

We had a recurring villain named Aiden who always turned up at the worst times and wouldn't die. My DM knows how to run antipaladins in the most infuriating way possible. Aiden never engaged us without gaining a substantial advantage, he never engaged in banter, he never passed up an opportunity to mock us when he got an advantage, he would send waves of enemies at us and sit in the back like a coward spamming buffs on himself, and he wouldn't stay dead. In one encounter he managed to escape after we beat him by tumbling past our attacks of opportunity (which had a DC of 35+ because of our own abilities) and then used his enhanced speed to sprint away faster than we could follow.

His greatest exploits include:
Convincing our favorite NPC (who was a demi-god) to switch sides.
Undoing half of the progress we made over and over again.
Slaying our main cleric and trapping her soul in a magic warhammer. This was made worse by the fact that she was married to our paladin. Both players were quite angry about his.
Killing the final boss in the second to last session.

I think the DM realized that we hated Aiden way more than the actual primary antagonist so he killed off the final boss in order to move our antipaladin foe up to the top. Three years of campaigning and it's finally over.

>filename

at least people cheer cena. and no smarks don't count as people.

Geim, a PC run by a player who seemed more interested in acting against the party than ever being helpful. Introduction involved them fighting the party just for being there because of BS fluff they made up to justify trying to kill other PCs. Stayed about that way for as long as the group held together so far as I know, I dropped out tather tgan deal with them and a DM who kept allowing it because they were a friend.

>because they were a friend
The worst kind of problem player. I remember a guy who despite changing four character in a single campaign, all of them were complete assholes, always went against what the party wanted to pursue and always berated everyone if they failed a roll, no matter how insignificant or difficult. He stayed there, shitting up the joint and being a general contrarian bitch because "muh friendship."

playing with those kind of people made me develop a zero tolerance for their bullshit for when i get my campaign together

if you're gonna be a shitter that ruins the game for everyone there's the door. don't let it hit you in the ass on your way out.

A character that could only speak in sign language and was also a berserker that would randomly threaten to harm anyone nearby, including the party. Interesting concept, terribly annoying execution.

Played an adEva game online (two mistakes already), and the Gendo stand-in character was horrifically unlikable. Not really in like the "ruthless bastard" sort of way that Gendo actually was, but just a sadistic idiot.

>"For this simulation, working together is strictly prohibited. Anyone who cooperates with another pilot will be punished"
>"You all fail the test. You were SUPPOSED to work TOGETHER you IDIOTS."
>pilot speaks out against him
>has the pilot dragged to a back room and tortured
>"You can't QUESTION ME. I'm the only chance that humanity has to survive. Anyine else that speaks out will be executed :^)"
>my character has his father's knife as a keepsake
>soldiers confiscate the knife and reprimand him for keeping a weapon
>I tell the gm that the item is important to my character and it will be hos priority to retrieve it
>GM says: "Well your character is an idiot for having a knife in such a top secret facility, what did you think was going to happen?"

This was just the first session, where it became obvious that the GM had some kind of grotesque power fetish. Needless to say I wasn't interested in participating further.

PC: A cleric whose player had pretty poor social skills. The blandest character I ever met. Feeling bad for the guy, but I had to let him go from the group since he couldn't interact with others to save his life.

NPC: Another cleric of a rather egoistic, selfish deity who kicked my fighter's ass when I interrupted some of his temple business.

That's some dedication right here.

>>"For this simulation, working together is strictly prohibited. Anyone who cooperates with another pilot will be punished"
>>"You all fail the test. You were SUPPOSED to work TOGETHER you IDIOTS."

was your NOT gendo really cave johnson?

Your mom.

I threw her on the table and I thought I was going to get some china, but it turns out she had a pickle and i h-h-HATE pickles! she was a GOD DAMNED TROLL!

Not at all. He wasn't wacky and lolrandom (which would have been annoying in a different way), but basically constantly set us up for failure and generally acted like a lunatic, while the GM patted himself on the back for being so clever.

Zero tolerance is the only way these idiots learn.

Vergil
He was your standard evil guy with a god complex, but he was such a cunt and so untouchable that it just wasn't fun to have him as a main antagonist. It also didn't help that he had the power of retconning every one of our victories, something that made the entire game seem abso-fucking-lootly pointless.

Used to be in one group with probably autistic player who was generally bad at recognizing and portraying emotions and general human behaviour correctly. Every single character played by that person was at least displeasing and creepy, to the point I felt uncomfortable just to watch what they was doing.

Do you have any particular stories about him?

>One of party members is badly wounded, burned and almost dead
>Tries to cheer her up by making fun of her.
>"Oh PC, i can't believe how weak you are to let this happen to you!"
>Can't undeartand why she starts to hate her after that. Said that was a friendly joke, and injured PC was a complete dick

Another character
>Wants to take a plastic bag from hobo, hobo don't want to share
>Shots him in the gut
>"Oh no, what have I done, I can't leave him like that!"
>Throws some money at his body, takes blood stained bag, goes away
>Thinks everything was totally fine

Another character
>Goes scouting with another character who was a hunter
>Calls him a killer
>Says she never can kill living being for sport
>They find a small hut, someone is clearly inside
>Hunter wants to get closer and investigate
>"Throw a grenade into window, it will be safer that way!"

Another character
>Party is sneaking into abandoned reserch lab inhabited by savages
>Every human being on that base is sleeping due to gas in the vent system
>Demand somebody to kill all sleeping people because "they are enemies"
>Don't want to do it by herself because she "isn't bloodhanded monster"

Another character.
>Wants to play as jedi in SW
>She meets another jedi who wants her to help him catch her former party member because he was falling for dark side or some shit. Ends up with jedi and former party member fighting
>Shots former party member in the back
>Jedi is not approving
>Comes near dying former party member and describes how her character is sad, tries to help him and even cries
>Story keeps going, she keeps being selfish dick who kills, loots, breaks her word every time it's profitable, etc. Generally doing everything that jedi characters isn't supposed to do.
>Every time GM tries to bring that question, she just says that her character is a jedi, so she's good no matter what, and everyone who thinks otherwise is "ignorant troll"

Need to say, this person was really serious about RP. Roleplay not rollplay, general dislike for game mechanics, etc. Backstories for several pages describing nothing important and having very little common with her actual ingame behaviour.

They don't learn from it. We had a guy who, after making Yet Another Character Who Turns Up And Attacks Another Character, got shown the door. A few weeks later, we overhear a friend at our FLGS complaining about somebody suspiciously like the guy who just got kicked out of the group. About four months later, we hear that he got kicked out of that group, and has found another group to terrorise.

They don't learn because they don't accept that their behaviour is getting them kicked out of groups. You ditch them because it's the only way you can keep the group going, not because it'll teach them a lesson.

>all that self righteous shitheaded behaviour
I have a player like her, but she is clearly playing for laughs instead of a serious RP situation.

In one word: Creed
Creed was a rogue that was played by a very annoying player.
The player tried to take the spotlight all the time despite being a rogue. The player is a hardcore stoner with the laugh of a retard.
Here is some things he did while in existence.
>Lick the blood off of the bleeding walls of a haunted house
>BSed his way into a 'God form' that was huge and not stealthy.
>Try to seduce a grandma, and not in the loveable rogue way, more like a perverted socially inept person
>Somehow convinced the DM to let him co-DM before the game started, abused the position like hell.
>Laughed at the misfortune of others OOC, but got severely pouty when anything happened to him.
>After much meticulous planning to get into a religious place for answers, he decides to go against the plan and do the setting equivalent of killing the pope during a religious event.
>As a co-DM, was tasked with helping by playing a NPC in a specific way. Does exactly the opposite, uses NPC to betray the party, ruins plans the DM had for the NPC, is no longer in the game.

The DM only let him play because of a previous association. There is way more, but this is the stuff I remember him for.

A campaign I ran a few years ago had a warlock NPC that I had the idea to introduce when I asked myself if evil was something that intrinsically was something that could be attacked. To this end, he was a coward among cowards. He had no minions, no permanent lair, and wasn't even impressive in combat. His MO was to move into a community and take on a banal lifestyle for a few months until he had an easy chance to poison a well or some other similarly destructive act.

Murapan was not supposed to be an important character or even more than an episodic villain, but the player characters took personal offense that one of the evil characters in the game had no interest in the constructs of villains that give the players something to fight against. When the players decided that they took the existence of an NPC with class levels that basically dicks around personally, I decided to flesh out the character the tiniest bit by dropping hints about his next move. The party then decided to spend time and resources cornering their prey, sidestepping more important issues in the process.

Ultimately they found him alone, completely surprised, and he quietly offered them his head. The players were a little disappointed, but they went on a manhunt for human garbage and they found just that. The rest of the campaign accidentally turned weirdly existential, and everything the players saw as a hook was met with the question of what they were even fighting for and if it was worth their time. It was a tone I honestly was not shooting for when I drafted up the campaign notes.

I could make a villain decapitate a thousand puppies and he wouldn't get the reaction this one-off dickhead did from the players. They fucking hated that dude.

Wow. A villain so lackluster, it makes heroes question what they are doing with their lives. The power of the nothing is a powerful one indeed.

For the last year I can't think of a character I've liked from one particular GM.

Storytime?

Tell us his worst character then, oh reverse satan.

I can't think of anyone in particular. They were all either antagonistic or just didn't give a shit about anything in general. Sometimes they gave quests and that's as far as our interactions with those NPCs went.

He was apparently a tiefling or an elf or something, but that was before I joined the group. By the time I joined, he had pledged himself to a godlike arboreal born from the bloody sacrifices of a thousand gladiators... and then fed the souls of an entire planet.

Fucker was a mushroom man by the time I joined.

Didn't matter what the party thought, the solution was always murder it and feed it's soul to the Doom Tree.

God I hated that fucking tree.

Luckily, even the player got bored of it, and the DM had Domikos claimed by some goddess of rot and decay and dragged into to the depths.