Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

AoS Skirmish rules out soon, this Wednesday here are the 2 armies for the live battlereport on Warhammer TV

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Regiment-of-Renown-pack-2-FINAL.pdf
mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flesheaters will be played by Ben Johnsonof GW versus Bottle, creator of Hinterlands

Age of Sigmar Skirmish Pre-Orders May 20th, Release May 27
Age of Sigmar Skirmish Rulebook £ 6.00
New rules small-scale gaming

Khorne Bloodbound Frenzied Goretribe £ 40.00
Skirmish Team

Flesh Eater Court Nightfeast Hunters £ 40.00
Skirmish Team

Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband £ 40.00
Skirmish Team

Stormcast Eternal Hammerstrike Brethren £ 40.00
Skirmish Team

Scenery: Pre-Orders May 20th, Released June 3rd
Battle Mat: Soulblight Necropolis £ 50.00
Citadel Scenery-Battle Mat with grave yard print

Sigmarite Mausoleum £ 50.00
Citadel Scenery- 2x Garden of Morr set

Khorne:
5 Blood Warriors
5 Wrathmongers
1 Aspiring Deathbringer

Stormcast:
3 Liberators
2 Retributors
3 Prosecutors
1 Knight-Questor

Ghouls:
20 Ghouls
3 Horrors

Ironjawz:
5 Ardboyz
5 Brutes
1 Wierdnob Shaman

Oi M8! what about them skele bois we saw a bit ago?

That's for Shadespire, different game.

pic related

Post vampires!

The Midnight acristocracy lives on!

You mean the dude with the cape and the spear with the kick ass pose? Those were for one of the AoS board games. Silver Tower or the other one, I believe.

how can i read the battalions for the slaves to darkness? the seem to only be in the "grand alliance: chaos book" and it isnt in any of the links.

nah it's not out yet

Shadespire is a card/board game hybrid.
Sigmar skirmish is a game like mordheim/hinterlands for models already in production which everyone already owns. You basically get the rules and can play right away.

k

It looks like a japanese boy band, except with fatter and with milder poses.

Good thing I saved my Tomb King bits.
Going to TK those guys up

Animooted version.

Remember the posts about who were worse? The Aelf players or the Death whiners?

I think we have our answer

Yep
Aelfs

You take 30 Bloodletters, buff them with Sayl, buff them with Lord of War from a general, and have a Bloodsecrator. Optionally you can buff them with a Bloodstoker as well so they don't fail to reach the opposite deployment zone.

Hey now, I ain't a player of either. I just like a little bit of making fun of overly self-absorbed pop culture trope every now and then.

It's really easy at this level. But when it comes to fantasy battle orcs taking themselves seriously, I run out of material for fun. It is as if the worst people possible failed to catch the nuance, and were instead impressed with it.

Can I get some feedback on my list before I buy the models I'm missing to make it? I'd really like to give the overseer's fate twisters a try and this looks like the cheapest way of bringing the battalion.

Allegiance: Tzeench
Heroes:
- Herald of Tzeench on a Burning Chariot (general)
- Lord of Change
- The Changeling
- The Blue Scribes
- Tzaangor Shaman
Battleline:
- Burning Chariots of Tzeench x 3
Other:
- Exalted Flamer of Tzeench x2
- Tzaangor Skyfires
Battalions:
Overseer's Fate Twisters
2000/2000 points

I still didn't figure out the weapons and extra spells, but I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of firestorms/bolts of Tzeench to abuse the extra destiny dice

missed the x2 on the skyfires

Does anyone use slaves to darkness mark tzeentch?
All the Tzeentch armies I see only contain the new stuff

Tzeentch doesn't have buffs for marked units like Nurgle and Khorne. They're only good for taking Marauders to fill battleline, since Tzaangors with shields are nearly as defensive while being better in every single other way. occasionally you might see a Sorcerer Lord in a Tzaangor deathstar or Tzeentch Archaon list.

Tzaangors obselete warriors is what I meant.

I never see them in any lists other than slaanesh actually, probably because the only units slaanesh has are hellstriders

They work with Mortal Nurgle since it has good formations that need to filled out and otherwise you're limited to Blightkings. Marauders aren't so shitty for 60 points when they're in an Archaon Nurgle list and get 2 attacks 2 wounds from Glottkin, 5+ ward from Harbinger, 6+ ward from warshrine, and -1 to be hit from battalion.

I've finally got through the final stage of grief over Warhammer Fantasy and I want to ask; are there any books for AoS you'd recommend /aosg/?

Generally I read the books for 40k and Fantasy and it'd inspire me to build and paint certain models, what's the fluff like for AoS so far? All I've really read is the wiki stuff.

If you have an ability that triggers on a save of 6 and your opponent is attacking with a unit with rend does it reduce the save roll so that the ability no longer activates?

City of Secrets is the most fun so far. The early Realmgate books are literary toy commercials for Sigmarines and Khorne, but the later ones are really good. Theres a variety of quick reads for different factions that showcase stories about certain units or lore friendly battalions.

FEC team looks like it was built just to show off models rather than be functional.

can you use the destiny dice to activate Archaon's slayer of kings ability (assuming you have 2 sixes in the pool)?
if so, Tzeentch Archaon lists sound pretty terrifying

AoS skirmish is just going to be AoS kill team, utilizing the core AoS rules for small scale and individual models.

It's not going to be a new mordheim

But for a rulebook for only $10 I don't see a reason not to get it lol.

I have no interest in playing AoS proper but would consider playing an AoS skirmish game if it's actually a dedicated Skirmish game and not just AoS with half the rules cut off.

Does anyone know what the specifics are going to be yet?

I play in the old lore still.
My group has the old world as a cloned planet in the realm of chaos with a hidden realm gate on it to explain new armies.

Probably like Hinterlands or Regiments of Renown. Rules here:

warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Regiment-of-Renown-pack-2-FINAL.pdf

This was a typical regiments of renown army.
It was a great rule set and really fun to use just a few doods

Oh yeah im not going to play that. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it comes out looking any better though.

look up hinterlands then

Oh wait I got it. Attached,

Yes you can, he also gets lore of fate and can be the target of arcane transformation.

With Infusion arcanum and a sorcerer lord he can be running around with a 2+ save rerolling 1 and 5 swords attacks at 2+/2+ rerolling to hit and wound that activate slayer of kings on a 5+.

If he takes Shield of Fate instead he can reroll saves up to rend-3.

If he takes Treacherous Bond you can give him a practically infinite number of wounds.

still can die to a mighty lord of khorne in 1 hit

That sounds a lot like how I play this game, I approve.

I am excited for Aelves soon. Cool that Death is getting some attention, they need it. Goblins would be neat too. So much potential with this setting.

How do we solve the AQ (Aelf Question)?
I am looking for a Final Solution but it is hard to Concentrate, maybe we should send them to camps?

The new How to Paint Citadel Miniatures PDF is proving to be very useful. Any tips on how to blend so smoothly though? I can't get my blue this light and smooth.

Also why do stormcucks have no dicks?

40fag here

Well I just ordered Festus and a box of Blightkings. Here goes nothing!

Is this real

Yes it's real. Games workshop gave a tutorial specifically for teaching you how to paint a model's cock and balls. What you are seeing is not a photoshop.

Good luck my dude

yes. Empire are known for their massive dongs and taking on orcs and other monsters as mere humans. Their balls are huge

Are you trying to be sarcastic or something?

>Now remember that the empire statesman has a large set of burley hairy testicles, so be sure to highlight his codpiece with at least 3 layers, followed by a final blend of white scar

So this week 40k is recieveng all the good love from GW right?

Thinking about getting into AoS after being talked into playing Vermintide/Total Warhammer by buddies,

How much hate am I gonna get for playing Skaven (specifically Skyre because I love me some weird tech)?

None if you don't powergame. The main problem is that people take Sayl the faitnless to teleport stormfeinds. Its unfluffy too because he has nothing to do with skaven.
Enjoy the game my dude, skrye are fun to play against

No reason to hate skavens nowadays... If you want to be hated play Samecast, KO, Skyfires or BCR other than those are fine

Skaven are also in Mordheim city of the damned. Its a pretty good PC game

there are almost none anyways so its really a non issue. give it another year with no releases for them and anyone who likes elves will have moved on in life to other interests.

Yeah.

No hate at all, they are a fluffy, balanced army that's fun to play with and against

What's with the skyfires hate in these threads anyway? Aren't they just a faster, weaker version of kurnoths? Or is it just some specific formation?

You know what, I think I could make a pretty nifty ambush themed Wood Elf Skirmish team with Waywatchers, Glade Riders and maybe a Wardancer or two.

Like a small band of bandits.

>Tfw know in my heart Forge World will take forever to release rules for Chaos Dwarfs in AoS Skirmish, if it all.

Christ why are these faggots so slow.

Quick! Post a thousand point list of your favorite faction in AoS, then explain why you like those dudes.

Also, is 1k points inherently less cheesy than 1.5/2k? With the battleline tax it feels like you're limited from simply rolling over everyone on turn one. Whats your favorite point value for AoS?

Glad to hear.

I'll give it a look then.

That's a relief

>play 40k Orks because weird tech: it's shitty
>play 40k Skit-Mech because weird tech: people complain it's too strong

>Implying AoS skirmish won't be using all the current warscrolls for stats on everything
>Implying it won't be just AoS kill team
Just the rulebook being $10 rules out the possibility of this being nu-mordheim I would say

Neat, I am honestly only looking into this thread for skirmish and don't play currently but here it goes
General frostlord on thundertusk
A group of six yhetees
Skal featuring ice bow hunter and 4 kitteh....

I like yeti's and pirates, for skirmish should I play beast claw or privateers.

Who won?

Its Wednesday. Bottle will be doing a battle report for all non-WHTV subscribers

I've got a game coming up this Wednesday against SCE. I've got Brayherd, some Warherd, Slaves and Skaven and 2000pts to work with. Currently something like this:
Allegiance: Chaos
Beastlord (80)
- General
- Pair of Man-ripper Axes
- Trait: Dark Avenger
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Malagor, The Dark Omen (120)
Wargor Standard Bearer (80)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Doomwheel (140)

2x Gors [2handweapon] -10 man (160)
2X Bestigors - 10 man (280)
Chaos Warriors [handweapon/shield] - 20man (360)
Stormfiends (300)
Bullgors (180)

Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Doomwheel (140)

Thoughts being I can pull/lure things into a good charging position for me on turn 2, turn 1 if very lucky. Dish out mortal wounds to Decimators or heroes coming my way, and try to win objective. I've never faced Stormcasts and it looks like they nuke wizards and need rend to crack reliably

Based duncan

Id go all skaven and beastmen that way its like... an animal army or something. Like Chaos beasts.

That's good to know

I was running Chaos Fuzzballs (beasts and Skaven) before, but it's usually very squishy. The Warriors are there to fix that and the Slaughterpriest is converted to look like a Beastman

Get a jabbersythe or wrathmongers. They wreck anything strong. Like fucking destroy decimators, beastclaw etc. Just run them at the enemies strongest stuff

>Shadespire is a card/board game hybrid.
So that's were the skeleton are gonna be in?

If the HH boardgames are any indicator I figure I'll be able to pick a few fancy skellies up on ebay then. Nice.

I think the skellies will be sold in a separate box, like the skaven and goblin teams for bloodbowl.

Kurnoths have rend-1 and 4 damage per unit. 9 of them can shoot your dragon and do jack shit. They also don't appear in huge hordes because people takes scythes on some of them and Sylvaneth behemoths and formations eat so many points.

With Skyfires you see 12+ of them and instead of saving its just lol heres your 12 mortal wounds. Then they fly halfway across the board. If you get your guys close they get charged and you have to watch his archers do 20+ damage in melee.

Yeah the issue with Skyfires is when you get those armies with 20+ skyfires, and the bare minimum of Battleline units. Much like how gunlines are cancer to meet, except these guys move too fast to be caught easilly.

Dispossessed
1 Warden King 120
2 Runelords 160
1 Josef Bugman 100

10 Warriors 100
10 Longbeards 140
10 Quarrellers 120
10 Ironbreakers 160
10 Miners 120

I like it because I love dwarfs and because deep striking dwarfs is fun when people expect you to be a slow as hell melee army.
Runelord shields+Ironbreakers=absurdly tanky dudes.

I have yet to do much more than 1000 point games. I've had a few hovering around 1500-1800 and they didn't seem any more or less balanced to me.

Holy shit these things are so dumb looking and I love them. Why are these so much fun to put together lol.

and the general's handbook pdf link is dead

which means downloading it from the other resources.

Alright /aosg/ help me decide a bad guys army. I'm currently collecting stormcast.

I'm drawn to Rotbringers and misc Nurgle, but I had a crazy idea for a Death force of undead pirates, led by Arrrrrkan the Blackbeard with 3 mortis engines converted/scratchbuilt to look like the derelict remains of a pirate ship in 3 parts, each part held up by spirit hosts that look like water.

I also have an idea to do some small un-life boats, with a corpsemaster paddling, and have his paddles hitting the swarm of zombies that hold his boat up.

Same here, we Just came up with alternarive fluff for the new factions.
Like stormcasts are actual Champions of Slaneesh

Armies at 1k can be just as cheesy if not more so because your opponents usually have more limited options. Kunnin Rukk + Thundertusk fits in 1k for instance. Most people just don't cheese at 1k because it would be ruthless.

Spawns are great. And they become even better if you use greenstuff and other bitz from other kits on them Or if you build them from scratch

The undead pirate things sounds very ambitious, maybe a bit overly so.

Regarding Nurgle, you might be a little patient and see what happens the next few months. If the Tzeentch release is any indication then we should see new Nurgle releases after the Death Guard release.

Please thin your paints
Thats just embarassing

I wouldn't call that better. Looks like dogshit.

I'll admit they aren't the best looking models in my collection, but I like them nonetheless, and I have improved with my painting since after I got them (and the one to the far right was a fun thing my friend cobbled together one day when we were having some fun painting together

You can abuse skryre to some extent, which people find not that fun (Mainly; if you run several Stormfiend units with 3x warpfire throwers)

But in general you can avoid those pitfalls, and even if you bring a heavy ammount of them they can be played around.

How good is this my Wildstalker Brayherd list?
>Beastlord with Twin Man ripper axes

>Great Bray Shaman

>20 Gors with Gor Blades
>20 Gors with Beast Shields

>10 Ungor Raiders

>2 Units of 10 Bestigors

It's 1000p by the way

Since the General's Handbook link is down use this one instead

mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

It probably has too many cheap infantry, but with whats in the list I'd combine my Bestigors into one unit so the Beastlord can support them better and all of them can get my Mystic Shield. I'd screen in front of them with Ungors, have one 10 gors hold an objective, and make a 30 block as a second combat unit. Run Crown of Command and Lord of War so the big units always have inspiring presence and the Bestigors have +2/+3 against most units.

How badly would I get owned? Want to paint as few rank and file as possible

I found this picture on the internet in the same gallery with AoS arts. Might mean nothing, but might actually mean something.

i think this is warcraft