Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

MAHREEN edition

Previous thread:
>daily dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=sgAu1i6aChs
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobookbay.me/audio-books/warhammer-40k-the-horus-heresy-books-1-43-complete-various/
youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my dudes > your dudes

2nd for Orks are getting nerfed

Dark Eldar Focus when?

Wednesday

Tomorrow Drukhari

Cheetahfag will have an aneurysm with this one.

get in

So Tau are still broken as shit?

Yes. My inability to read and desire to overreact and panic confirms it.

No, people are still overreacting ridiculously.

Stormsurge doubleshooting is nerfed. Markerlights are seriously nerfed. Drones are a little better and have some sort of look-out-sir shit. Sniper drones have a use, but only hit on a 5+.

The biggest buff is that some of their stuff can't be locked in combat.

We still don't know points for anything.

Odds on forge world doing their armies up to 8th?

All FW models will have updated rules at 8th release

Post your dudes and back that claim up.

Sniper drones will probably still be able to combo with a drone controller to improve their accuracy. The real downside on them is no longer having any sort of AP, even on a 6.

Sure, they can target characters and blast them, but a handful of AP 0 shots won't do a lot to most HQs

Noice, my little dkok force can remain up to date, will probably remain fairly shit but ah well

Any speculation of what possible differences there will be for guard?

>he

I guess the Sniper drone backup guy will be a new independent character. Because they said that every model sold will be able to be played. So he will be vulnerable to direct fire, but will mean sniper drones will be heavy awesome

What happened to cheetah-fag?
If you're lurking post an ocelot, just so we know you're here

Sept armies fucking confirmed! Welcome back ork klanz, drukhari cabals, guard regiments and all that jazz!

Wow that's pretty sexist, I thought GW was getting better about that kinda thing

Go find a Slaaneshi band thats musclebound women with huge tits.

The rest of us want our bulging muscled, battle buddies with dicks in a totally hetero way.

when did duncan get swapped out for some meme shit?

>tfw I kinda like Aeldari and Drukhari

Makes them seem a little more alien even if it as the cost of sounding DONUTSTEEL.

I really fucking hope so. More variety is always a good thing.

Not sure on the exact bonuses, but I think it'll be mostly the major regiments that have models. Cadians, catachans, steel legion, etc.

As for benefits, may be Catachans will just have higher strength in the first round of combat along with increasing their save bonus from cover by 1? There's really no telling how drastic the bonuses might be.

I actually like it, Eldar is basically one step away from "Le space elves"
Though I'm sad the Tolkien reference is gone now

>"Ahh, dear little Ocelotte. Where have you gone? Are you hiding from me? Come out, come out, don't be afraid. You were born a child of dragons, what could you possibly fear? Now, now, show yourself, Ocelotte. My dear, little Ocelotte."

>meme shit
Fuck off pleb.

That's Zimbardo, the guy who completely fucked up the Standford prison experiment.

What are some other good brush brands in the same neighborhood of quality compared to Windsor and Newton? I want to get a few more work horse brushes.

>he
good.
I say make it canon that women cannot be Spesh Muhreens just to trigger the SJWs further.

Could be neat, since I think that also means you could split them up. Have the spotter go with gun or marker drones or something while the snipers go alongside a commander or something.

I like Drukhari, better than literally dark elves.

Aeldari is stupid though, and if it's being kept it should only refer to the whole race and not factions (so craftworlders are craftworld Eldar, Harlequins are Eldar Harlquins, but all factions combined are Ældari).

It is canon.

It already is canon, unless you start trying to justify it with chaos nonsense

link's dead. boo-urns.

Fucking good.

My question remains unanswered.

When did Veeky Forums get swapped out for some meme shit?

That guy was pretty fucking disturbing, especially when you notice he's cradling nothing the entire time.

and the fact that a baby is crying in the background the entire time

The LOS bit is specifically so you now use shield drones as bodyguards. You bring them as separate units and put them nearby your valuable stuff. It doesn't matter if enemy targets valuable stuff, the shield drones take the hit. Doesn't matter if shield drones die, they aren't in the same unit as the valuable stuff, so valuable stuff won't run away due to battleshock.

>literally super space marines

lmao

The baby has no texture, I believe they had to remove it

Do you like your sisters of battle to be rugged and battle scarred up, or basically super models in power armour?

Ocelotte, like Priscilla, is a half dragon and can turn invisible at will. Oceiros is holding something, user. When he goes crazy and can't find him, Oceiros isn't holding anything.

>Necron Dynasties
>Eldar Craftworlds
Do Daemons get anything like this? I can't think of anything that would fit, but it seems lame to leave them out of the fun.

What article was this from? Not trying to get into this whole debate, just haven't seen what this is from.

They've always had the four gods
Maybe they'll get a model that changes depending on what God they're allied to, oh wait they already have the soul grinder

Sure, but it's on the sniper drones and any unit with the DRONES keyword can save any INFANTRY/BATTLESUIT unit within 3".

So, Gun, Marker, and Missile drones can probably intercept wounds, too.

Models in power armour.

I'm a fan of attractive, yet scarred.

Khorne has 8 super generals who have 8 generals who have 8 left-tenants and they all are crazy in 8x8x8 ways or something. GW could do it but suppose the alignment to one god or no gods is the sub-faction of daemons.

Even though daemons piss me off with all the flavor and diverse rulesets they already have, off the top of my head, I think something like Daemon could work.

>Khorne:
Slaughter
Honor
Blood
Skull-Collectors

>Slaanesh
Literally any of the 7 sins
Passion
Excess

>Tzeentch
Mischief
Change
Fate
Time

>Nurgle
Rot
Disease
Filth
Atrophy

>Drones can't block shots for tanks

Lame

>Do you like women hot or ugly?

Hmmmmmm.

Hammerheads are discontinued.

To be fair, drones have routinely been taken as ablative wounds, so this doesn't seem like too much of a stretch. Definitely on the "buff" side of things, though.

I think it's more of a realism thing user, you can be as hot as you want, but if you are fighting in wars for 50 years you're not gonna come out of it unblemished

>left-tenants
What an odd way of spelling lieutenant.

Do Daemons really have that much? I don't remember much about Daemons other than LOLRANDUMB TABLES GUISE! I do wish that Flesh Hounds and Heralds were in plastic, and that Bloodletters didn't have gaps.

Don't forget that you have to roll d66 at the start of every turn to determine what aspect you're following.

Either way works for me.

this, desu

Welcome to the multicultural internet, friend

I doubt he'd drop his own child though. Then again you beat the living shit out of him so maybe.

>women fighting
>realism

As far as I'm concerned they're eye candy or nothing at all.

That could be interesting. And in all likelihood, they probably won't get sub-factions beyond what they have. It would be nice to personalize your army of warp-monstrosities, though.
Oooh, this could work.

audiobookbay.me/audio-books/warhammer-40k-the-horus-heresy-books-1-43-complete-various/

wew lad

>how do you like you're sisters of battle
Well hung

So what does it mean when a purity seal comes off? Corruption?

What happened to the list builder?

Wots som propah Orky litrature

It is an odd place.

hopefully he got banned for being a fucking attention whore.

Dude he's insane

This is weak b8 user, there's no SJWs here to bite

Deff Skwadron

>mfw stormboyz can headbutt planes

Sure. And it makes some sense to do it that way. But before those ablative drones were part of the unit. Now a separate unit of drones can just wander by. They can literally [FLY] all over the board to reinforce Fire Warriors.

And unless there's some shit about 8th I don't know (and there's plenty), it looks like they can eat melee wounds.

>Camp Crisis Suits on objective.
>Drop Drones nearby
>Suits get charged
>Suits overwatch
>Charging unit lands wounds
>Drones die instead
>Suits break out of combat, shoot, and either charge or overwatch again.

Sounds good.

I think it should be more
Khorne:
Blood +1 M and +1 Charge
Honour +1 WS
Bone +1 T
Blade +1 S in CC

And then repeat for all the others, so you can have slightly tougher Fleshhounds, for fighting tau, where you worry more about getting shot than having to excell in combat etc. Allow you to tailor the lists a bit more, now that you have to allocate points for summoning

Maybe 3 standard, for getting a bit back from the others so M is slannesh, T is nurgle, etc, and 1 unique. But then it starts to become like marks I guess at that point

Primaris Death Company when?

Primaris Dreadnaughts when?

More importantly: primaris chapter masters when? Can't have those defective old-marines in leader positions.

So those of you that are interested in obtaining some of these numarines once they get released, based on what we know, are you going to go full numarine mode or just fit a few into your current forces?

Personally I'm just starting a Space Marine force, but I think I'll only get a few numarines (in whatever variety they come in) rather than have them be most of my force.

Better question, Primaris Deathwatch? They could benefit from some relatively cheaper troops that aren't loaded down with upgrades and can take some punishment for them

I desperately want some of the existing chapters to flip a shit over the primaris marines and go renegade. We need an Imperial Civil War.

>"Hey Marneus Calgar, meet our new clone Marneus Bigar. Be a dear and show him the ropes before you hang yourself with them."

Primaris Librarian Conclave when?

Oh fuck this reminds me they're gonna roll out Primaris Marine units like they do in age of shitmar...

WE HAVE OPENED THE VAULTS AND THE PRIMARIS TERMINATORS ARE NOW READY FOR WAR

I honestly think it would be kind of cool to have primaris marines marines being taught the ropes by the older and more battle hardened old marines. I can envision a chapter putting together task forces containing numarines with the intent on getting them familiar with the chapter and bringing them up to speed quickly

Chaos conversions. I don't have much interest in putting them in any loyalist force

SOON. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR CHINAMAN TO STOCK THE PRIMARIS DREADNOUGHTS, SO I CAN BUY LIKE 10 OF THEM FOR THE PRICE OF 1, AND SHOW UP TO THE NEXT TANKSGIVING EVENT WITH 60 DREADNOUGHTS.

Isn't the game largely already an Imperium Civil War?

This made me laugh way harder than it should have

What did you anons get done today? I got distracted working on my Final Paper and decided to put some work in on my Talos.

I'm not sure where I want to go with the Green Pods but I'll figure something out.

>p-please notice me
(you)

So it's not that large blast weapons got nerfed, it's that the Battlecannon is now a small blast equivalent weapon.

Imagine the hilarity that is Cato Sicarius trying to stay relevant when there are marines literally made to be better than him.

Working on an IG Hydra... fuck putting together the tracks is tedious as fuck

>read the warhammer community blog
>get to the new space merine XL blog

The Primaris Space Marine is a new breed of hero for this, the darkest age in the Imperium’s history. These new warriors are the next step in the evolution of the Emperor’s Angels of Death – genetically altered from their brethren to be bigger, stronger and faster – timely reinforcements to the Imperium’s armies as their enemies close in for the kill.

>genetically altered from their brethren to be bigger, stronger and faster

>bigger, stronger and faster

this immediately started playing in my head:
youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg