What IS the Light anyway?

What IS the Light anyway?

>What IS the Light anyway?

Well in Warcraft it was ret-conned into "good-aligned", space wind chimes made entirely out of pure light and positive energy; whispering into the hearts and minds of mortal beings- compelling them to do good and destroy evil.

Basically anti-cthulu.

Depends on the setting

It changed over time literally because Metzen and editorial control over his bullshit changed over time.

>Warcraft I: literally Warhammer priests
>Warcraft II: loosely derived from the monotheistic Christian God
>Warcraft III: injects vagueness into WC2 explanation, holds more similarity to the Force in Star Wars
>World of Warcraft at first: a vague galactic power which is shared by all spiritually attuned beings opposed to the Burning Legion
>WoW in TBC: literally glowing space aliens
>WoW post-TBC: the substance or residue of dimensional gas passed on from 'some thing' great, harnessed into the material plane as focused energy

A pathetic excuse for a religion, lacking any depth whatsoever. But then again, the same goes for everything in Warcraft. Especially voodoo.
>Literally rip-off a real life religion.
>Make it sterile and boring.
How did they even manage it?

>space wind chimes made entirely out of pure light and positive energy
>>WoW in TBC: literally glowing space aliens
WoW's lore might be shit, but at least try to get it right. Naaru are beings of the Light. They aren't the Light itself, at least not any more than Ragnaros is Fire. He's no more Fire than a lit torch is Fire. He's just a bigger fire.

A coward's way of putting Divine Magic into their setting.

Ok but where did the Naaru come from? Because Legion implies that Elune created them.

>loosely

They literally had Latin chants playing when you clicked on the church to make units.

Chronicles tell that Naaru were born from the first clash between the Light and the Void that spilled into the Dark Beyond

>Literally rip-off a real life religion.
>Make it sterile and boring.
>How did they even manage it?
Easy, just make sure no one can be offended from your made-up religion and it'll happen by itself.

If you go by the Chronicles, it should give you a clear explanation. Now depending on how much of that had been retconned, I've no clue.
On the topic though, the FUCK is the Legion of Light.

Something that Anduin will soon use to become an absolute bitchin paladin. The comic already has him smashing a Nathrezim to shit wih a hammer of light, and we know he survives and becomes much older along with Velen, can't wait to see him finally fighting.

A fundamental force of magic in the universe of Warcraft that only requires the willpower (often times misinterpreted as "faith") to use it.

It is the literal antithesis to the Void, which is exactly what it sounds like.

In more analogous terms: the Light is the Positive energy of the Warcraft setting that sort of has always been, while the Void is Negative energy of the setting. This is very plainly seen in the fact that necromancy is ultimately tied to void magic (with undead being "imperfectly" bound through Void magics, which the Light as an antithesis, weakens when it comes into contact with, and therefore hurts undead).

Further further explaining it, it's one of those cosmic forces that sort of has always been. In the creation story of the Warcraft setting (if I'm remembering correct) the Light and Void clashed and made everything, but also something about forming the Nether and also demons (who are equal parts light and void or something like that). As to why the Light hurts them, well, I assume the void does just about the same thing, seeing as demons in the setting use primarily fel (the energy opposite to arcane, as fel equals chaos and arcane equals order).

Though looking at my image here, I feel like they retconned something about necromancy and the void, though I'm almost certain there's still that "imperfect void tie". Either way, Light is just literally Positive energy that manifests through faith or will to use it.

I don't mind this as much, apart from Naaru, which are fucking stupid. On top of it, First 2 Warcrafts were invoking God ( or at least a monotheistic Creator) but I guess riffs on Christianity are too uncomfortable for them, even though Church of Light is straight up Catholic.

Electromagnetic radiation within a 400-700 nanometer wavelength diapason.

LONG LIVE THE SCARLET CRUSADE

Also dumping screenshots of my last rp event

Also to answer to OP's question, the light is the only form of legit religion, since it actually benefits it's believers by granting them holy power and such.

Heretics needs not apply.

I actually liked that better. Religion in WoW is pretty terrible and ill defined and has changed so much in 20 years that it would put Roman mystery-cults to shame.

As to it's physical explanation, there's none since it's coming from this Naru nonsense, constantly retconned.

And don't you dare fapping to this brave servant of light.

What server?

Also, the light does not always condemns zealots, which adds to the typical "pallys must be good, or else".

Pic very much realted, the true servants of the light, followed by the corrupted silver hand.

IRP, both are granted the powers of the light, so here's that.

Kirin tor - FR

Feel free to come and say hello, we all speak english quite well. Well enough at least.

>scarlet crusade roleplay
>RP guilds with uniforms
>playing human female
So how much kinky catholic torture ERP do you do my man?
your selfmade waifu is shit, go back to Veeky Forums

U wot? Literally every religion in Warcraft grants its followers powers.

Shamans and druids from their nature/elemental religions, troll priests are witchdoctors that get their powers from the loa, night elves priests use the light of elune and are actually trained in physical combat rather than just healing which is why the idea of a night elf paladin is fucking retarded.

The paladins and priests for every race ingame all use the light purely because of game mechanics.

The light, and especially the human religion of light is easily the most generic, uninspired and dull part of the setting.

>So how much kinky catholic torture ERP do you do my man?

Not much really. But we torture heretics on a daily basis though.

> your selfmade waifu is shit, go back to Veeky Forums

Stay mad. I bet you're a filthy forsaken, or a fanboy of that worgen nonsense.

> worgen
> in the scarlet crusade
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Legion confirms the light is Elune

You're playing present day Scarlet Crusaders?

Argent Dawn here.

>Shamans and druids from their nature/elemental religions

It's not a religion, there's no clergy, they communicate with the elements, they don't pray them

> troll priests are witchdoctors that get their powers from the loa

Same here

> night elves priests use the light of elune

True that, I forgot about those.

> The light, and especially the human religion of light is easily the most generic, uninspired and dull part of the setting.

And no one said the opposite really.

The chuch of the holy light is the only form of "modern" religion, if you prefer, and not some cult/shamanism.

Look again pal, he's part of the Silver hand, not our troops.

We're playing the remnants of the Scarlet crusade to be precise, since the class quests of DK and Priests let us know that there's still some crusaders, at least in the monastery and New hearthglen.

The assault on Tyr's hand was part on an interguild event, involvind DKs.

I main and RP nelf so I'm basically stuck between being cucked by orcs or cucked by humans

Fuck yeah! That cinematic was good shit.

>Anduin "If you kill your enemies, they win" Wrynn
>Bitchin
Please. The first thing he'll do after defeating the Legion is paying Horde reparations for siege of Orgrimmar.

At least you're still relevant IRP.

Us Crusaders are constantly taunted and flooded by edgy /pol/tards who shout /y LUX VULT and all that shit. Right before we /gkick them ofc.

LUX VULT

Say that to my face IRP and see what happens

The trolls do worship the loa, they're like primal gods.

No discussing that. But they don't have a clergy, churches, or doctrine.

It's a polytheistic pagan cult, not a well defined religion.

They do have clergy, churches, and doctrine. They're a species older than dirt that may pre-date everything else showing up on Azeroth. Elves are a mutation of them.

We've had raids and dungeons in their massive, ancient temples.

an electromagnetic wave in visible spectrum

Force of willpower; the light is magnified by true belief

Kingdom Hearts

You tell 'im mon.

I'm glad they retconned that Naruu were just kind of shitting Light poop throughout the universe naturally.

It's better to keep mystical things mystical, rather than try to explain it by introducing radioactive aliens to your setting.

Looks like a crab is holding on by her nipples