They're really leftover thunder warriors arent they

they're really leftover thunder warriors arent they

Would be cool if they actually were partially based on thunder warriors.

Nah, they look a lot better.

No they're not. Oh my god when will you autists learn?

I guess designing a new helmet was too hard.

mk4 helmets look like ass

They're just improved space marines what's the problem?

IE Thunder warriors.

Shut your faggot mouth. The MK IV helmets is the most aesthetic Space Marine helmet.

fuck off - best looking helmets they have

Why would they?
Its the most advanced mark.
All later ones were dumbed down.

> Best looking helmets
> Not Mk III

I think your wrong here mate.

It is a new helmet though, it just has MK4 design elements. The front mask isn't a proto-beak but a vertical mask.

nah, literally every other helmet is better looking

There are a lot of really interesting directions they could bring this plotline. nuMarines going the thunder warrior route and dying after thirty years, nuMarines falling to chaos, nuMarines being rejected from existing chapters and inspiring a split n the imperium.
I just hope they make the most of the potential and don't just have them replace current gen marines as the default superhuman.

The Thunder Warriors were inferior in general to the Marines so no.

Although Thunder Warriors were meant to be a brute force tool so it might be nice to see actual left over but modernized Thunder Warriors

Well now you've tipped your hand and your opinion discarded.

FW MkIII is terrible.

Plastic Mark III is great though.

With a new helmet and modified backpack, yes. I'd still prefer abutted plates on the legs, rather than interlocking, but GW did tone down the flare a bit and the armour plates hide most of it.

Making them no longer genetically stable would not be an improvement.

Yes in general, but they were better in raw strenght if i am not mistaken.

If you dont like just change them,
I think this was a strategically sound move by gw. While it rapes the lore of the universe it satisfies the players.
If they just announced true scale marines people would get very angry due to the fact that thier armies of manlets are now useless.
By introducing them as a new type of marines they gave true scale marines and satisfied the player base that had the old models.

I still hate gw though.

>inferior in general to the Marines
They were stronger, tougher, and more resistant to the mindfuckery. The problem was that they just sort of started getting ALL the cancer after a pretty short shelf-life..

It doesn't rape the lore, though. It's a project 10000 years in the making.

Sorry kids, but the MK6 is the best helmet. This isn't arguable.

>If you dont like just change them
since I don't like them I just.. won't buy 'em

>If they just announced true scale marines people would get very angry due to the fact that thier armies of manlets are now useless.
The fact that there's going to be two distinct sets of rules means the old miniatures may well end up completely obsolete. Especially with there being the confirmation of primaris vehicles down the line.

GW's trying to sidestep a problem the playerbase has brushed off several times before and jumping into like a thousand even worse ones. Because even with the greater focus on public playtesting the rules guys don't have a lot of goodwill behind them.

Literally Space Marine Space Marines.

They're clearly 40k's Stormcasts, they will be the focus of all new fluff from now on, and turn the tide of the war. They're there for people who want heroic flavor to their 40k, while people sticking to old marines can have what's left of grimdark.

Never had an interest in collecting SM, but the new guys actually look how I always imagined them and I might actually start collecting a force. Hopefully there will a chapter master and librarian kit for the new guys.

On the other hand I can totally understand if other people are miffed, them next to the old models must look really retarded.

>inb4 all marines get changed
>except for spacewolf models because "muh special"
>angry, hairy manlets in power armour
>It was GWs plan all along to rerelease Squads that way

They really look like what regular space marines should. Shame there are so many complications involved in updating the miniatures range without having to resort to something like what primaris are.

DG preview tomorrow?

>inb4 all marines get changed
they're being quite open about that not being the case, which I think might backfire on them eventually

>if they're superior in every way and you can just pull thousands of them out of your ass, why would you ever make anything but primaris marines in the future?
>similarly, why are the special Cawl weapons limited to only the new arrivals? If you've got the forges on mars pumping that shit out, why don't all imperial factions use them?

maybe they'll adequately explain it all, but doubt.jpg

I think GW or FW were already toning down that aspect of MkIV helmets.

That actually don't look that bad next to the older models.

The amount of resources and time it takes to create both the enhanced geneseed and weapons is a feasible excuse for why they don't replace the older Marines. I also would not be surprised if a lot of new geneseed is lost because there isn't always an Apothecary there to remove the progenoid glands or the entire force including the Apothecary gets wiped out.

How can man let marines even compete?
Old and squaring Marines GTFO

I like the design. I just hope the fluff isn't retarded and that they don't end being just "Space Marines but even better".

>Marines
>Grimdark

If you want grimdark, you play imperial guard.

>I just hope the fluff isn't retarded
it's nice to have dreams

Marines were always supposed to be the heroic part of 40k though. It went away as time passed and they're bringing ot back.

>Marines were always supposed to be the heroic part of 40k though.
marines started off as psychopathic murderers turned into living weapons

A guy can hope ;-;

What's with the checkboard knee? I thought the Ultramarines were really autistic about armour decoration.

>if they just announced truescale marines people would get very angry
Horseshit, especially if they brought them in as an option for hobbyists making dioramas or people who just like more imposing-looking marines.

You're wrong. Mk. 4 has the best helmet
mk4 > mk2/3 > mk 7/8 > mk 6 > POWER GAP > mk1 > mk5

Fuck off, MKIV is the sexiest armor ever in the history of mankind

Why do they have weapons with the range of a T'au pulse rifle?

Do you guys have the size comparation pic with nromal marines that was floating around yesterday?

Thought they were more or less a refinement on the technique that corax was given by the emperor before the alpha legion fucked him over.

While on a 1-1 basis, thunder warriors were a more potent soldier, they were as their name suggests, warriors. Astartes are soldiers. So while a thunder warrior may be bigger, stronger, and faster than an astartes, he's not as smart or as experienced or as disciplined.

Nary in the history of humanity has a force of warriors, skilled as they may be, defeated a professional army in both conventional and asymmetric warfare.

I agree. It's a damn shame that the resin MKIVs are total lanklets and the plastic MKIVs are ruined forever by their retarded turbosquat.

They are Cato Sicarius clones wearing high heels.

>The body of mk, 8, the head of mk. 4
As skeptical as I am of the fluff and all the decision leading up to it, Mk X might be my new favorite.

But seriously, what happened to Mk. 9?

But can I put a MkVI helmet on it without the proportions looking retarded is my question.

>what happened to Mk. 9
Guillyman wears it

If Space Marines aren't making every other army redundant what good are they?

Also, they were pretty much Angry Marines. Completely unfit for garrison duty or anything other than murdering whatever got in their way.

Am I seeing shit or do they actually have holsters and ammo pouches now?

Because it's useful to be able to shoot things from far away?

I like classic MkIII (not the FW one) because space knight great helm without the singular eye slit.

MK IV best MK.

What is the point of collecting chaos now if you're a foot smaller than your rivals? What's the fucking point of fielding a load of manlets? It's shit.

>primaris marines
>primaris = first
>thunder warriors were the first space marines

They figured out a way to stabilize (or did they?) thunder warriors. That's going to be the twist.

>tfw when brother ultras painted "ULTRA" on his bolter again..

Spartacus

Are you illiterate? Read the caption on your image.

>chest, legs and weapons are literally Centurion-tier design, without any details, just bare plates to make painting more kids-friendly

Kid-friendly would be drybrushpalooza levels of detail so that you can have a finished army on the table with two thin coats of paint and a wash. Broad, flat stretches of armor are top tier for freehand detail and wet blending. Get good.

Remind me. How exactly did Spartacus die?

The new DG leaked model is taller, and GW did specify that the new Chaos kits would be taller as well.

I believe that they want to make all the new marines taller, to have a better "scale" when they push out other races kits.

>Kid-friendly would be drybrushpalooza levels of detail so that you can have a finished army on the table with two thin coats of paint and a wash.
You may be right, may be they are just lazy to add any details, like Bethesda open-worlds
>Broad, flat stretches of armor are top tier for freehand detail and wet blending.
>implying NMM and SENNM are good looking

>implying they're not
Seriously. Get good.

Lmao what's it like being so utterly wrong. Do you like MKV or something?

The problem is that the Emperor's design is now obsolete. Apparently scientific innovation is no longer considered heresy. At least not by the Ultramarines.

-insert Kurt Russel Soldier gifs-

funny thing is this is 1:1 Jes' original mk8 sketch plus some shitty greebles.
For some godforsaken reason it's calles mk10 though.

lulwut?

I don't know much about 40K, but with all of this talk about scales, are you still allowed to use the old rogue trader models despite their short stature? If so, then why are people upset about this? Wouldn't the change be more of an aesthetic thing than anything?

>If so, then why are people upset about this?
people have been asking for bigger marines for the last 20 years.
They didn't ask for a different flavor of marines that is bigger though.

My personal gripe would be that it looks kind of silly to have the regular marines, that are somewhat squat due to their design as gaming pieces next to what is essentially how people think they should always have looked in the first place, due to their depictions in the art.
I mean just look at the countless examples of truescale conversions.

Not really that hard to see why people would be a bit pissy.

From GW's pov it's simply impossible to change the scale of the regular marine though. They've always been their biggest range, but since they've started a few years back to do specific variants for their big four of each major choice in the army... the amount of money to redo all those kits would be insane.
So it seems like an halfassed attempt to give people what they want without the need to update everything else. Which is not really what they wanted. At least that is my take on it.

>>implying they're
Seriously get some taste

>Why would you like manlet marines user?

I would call that the Mk VI but Mk IV is a close second

may be a throwback to 2nd edition when that was a thing.
Ultramarine assualt squads had checkers on their jumppacks, and ever flamer and plasma pistol was decorated with hot rod flame patterns.

It goes back to the john blanche paintings of that period.

Go play imperial guard renegades then heretic!

It's never been considered heresy, only certian types of research. AI's going crazy and daemons tend to make people a bit cautious.

See also the Mechanicus making plasma macro batteries, volcano cannons, storm bolters, combi-weapons, and those exterminatus fueled shells.

Those have been bit options for a while now.

how can you be so wrong

Between these faggots, the Grey Knights, the Minotaurs, and the Custodes, there are at least four groups you can describe as "Marines+". How elite can you get?

Will GKs be able to use them

spartan marines arent super marines. they just operate the way marines should because they actually get the funding they need

Grey knights are suoerior since theyre all psykers

Maybe if GW hadn't spent all their time releasing 5000 versions of space marines and space marines accessories then they wouldn't have had this problem in the first place.

Everyone suffers from space marine fatigue. Even space marine players, and this Primaris thing is the most obvious example of that.

They're going to completely replace SM with those ultra-ultramarines. The stats aren't good enough to justify them but they're just right to finally show how superhuman they are in comparison to a guardsman. They obviosuly hadn't had any idea how to introduce their truescale marines without pissing off the nerds so they made them the new faction for now

those slightly longer bolters just don't look right

>Everyone suffers from space marine fatigue.
amen to that.

They look superior because it seems more realistic

Explaining them as something like thunder warriors would have been good actually. Make them 'improved' but with a genetical downside that makes them not viable on the long run. SO they are a kind of last resort that some chapters refuse to use. This way you could have kept the old design and also introduce a way to make up new (technologically advanced) shit that simply isn't used by some chapters.

>TWO wounds
>they come in squads of FIVE
So why should I even consider them when I can field 10 24'' bolters instead of 5 30'' ones? I doubt they're going to be cheap pointwise.

But I thought that Stormcast were Age of Sugar's Marines? Which is it, user?

>realism
The actual cancer killing 40k.

They're the next generation of incestuous storytelling, as they desperately steal whatever they just did from their other game because they're out of ideas.
Looking forward to Squats returning as naked steampunk enthusiasts, while the Everqueen puts on a ridiculous corset dress and unites all the Aelves.

Until you run out of specific materials and technologies, at which point you have to start scrounging up to make shitty MkVs instead.

MkIV might be the high-end match grade suit, but it also has all the problems of a high-end match grade suit. There's a reason suits like the MkVI and VII surpassed it. They took the good parts of the MkIV design and added reliability and cost-effectiveness to it.

You mean the space marine players are the cancer that has created this mess

We can both be right, I'm cool with that.