/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy (Battle) General

it's ogre now edition
TODAYS NEWS
lizardmens roster to be revealed in 2 hours or so on stream.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR (embed)

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Voland's_Venators#fn_1a
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Steam_Tank
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lizardmens roster
bah, useless crap
call me when they reveal LIZARDMEN ROASTER

Don't worry, Salamanders will be in

I meant Warpfire Thrower

Where is the original pic from?
For science

Goblin slayer.

goblin slayer

goblin Slayer

Slayer of Pico

goburin sraya

my friend wants to play lizardmen when TWWH2 comes out
how do I explain to him that it's not what decent respectable people do, and that he should pick elves or skaven.
he doesn't understand...

decent people picking elves?

never have I ever known a 'decent human' to play elves on the tabletop.
angry lizards are fine

"decent" as in "decent IRL", not "decent by meme standards", sorry

Bunch of new units that was never on the tabletop, are being added.Inlucding savage Cold One hordes, and Bastildon Cleansing Crystals.

>bunch of lizards and dinazoors being added to other lizard and dinazoors
how are normal people to tell the difference?

Full Lizardmen Army list in TWW2

>mazdamundi (LL)
>kroq-gar (LL)
>slaan mage priest (lord)
>saurus oldblood (lord)
>saurus scar veteran (hero)
>saurus warriors
>saurus warriors with shields
>saurus spears
>saurus spears with shields
>temple guard
>skink chief (has mount options) (hero)
>skink priest (hero)
>skink cohort with shields
>skink cohort with javelins
>skink skirmishers with blowpipes
>chameleon skinks
>kroxigors
>feral cold ones
>cold one riders
>cold one riders with spears
>horned ones (elite ferals)
>terradon riders
>terradon riders with fireleech bolas
>(skink priest & chief can both ride terradons)
>feral bastilodon
>feral stegadon
>bastilodon with revivication crystal (healing aura)
>bastilodon with solar engine
>stegadon with giant crossbow
>ancient stegadon with giant blowpipes (act like machine guns)
>feral carnosaur

my point still stands user, all the elf players are elitist hygeine lacking shits

i'm not, for example. Veeky Forums, all-round cool guy and play wood elves and skaven.

>no ark of sotek bastilodon

dropped :^(

Sotek v Pestilens DLC bro.

Give CA some credit.

totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

unit roster

I'm more disappointed about no salamanders, but in my opinion, the unit list is really good. I was worried we weren't getting the Old Blood, but it seems we are.

Yeah I can see them adding the remaining units in the inevitable DLC with the Skink Oracle as a new Lord

How do conflicts in the Empire works? Got a party wanting to be mercenaries for an upcoming game during the Age of Three emperors

Does it ever annoy anyone else when they include units without shields, that are clearly inferior and will be skipped over? Just adds unnecessary padding to the roster.

Cost less in MP and Campaign and have different roles such as missile fodder and tarpits

But units with shields are better at both roles, and sometimes the cost difference is as little as a hundred gold.

Check out what Mordheim fluff you can.

As i recall the basis of that game was set in a succession schism between Marienburg, Reikland and Middenheim. Though now i think about it it's probably pretty irrelevant to the actual game so probably little info on that stuff.

Different builds tho

Some builds call for a weak ass frontline while you send hulked out Cav or Skirmishers or a fully upgraded caster lord in

That 100 gold builds up and is usually better spent on Chevrons or Items

a hundred gold means you can buy more xp on your actual heavy units.

>Bretonnia is supposed to have the best cavalry in the old world
>their flower of chivalry gets rekt by a bunch of drunk tilean mercenaries fresh off the boat from kislev.
VENATORED

where's my fucking Engine of the Gods Arcanodon?

The fuck is the difference between tomb kings and vampire necromancy

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

>no salamanders

You had one job

Red pill me on Chaos Trolls and Ogres

They're alright but a fuck on to get a hold of the models.

No one uses actual Chaos Ogres when there's an entire plastic line.

What are the chances of gw releasing new beastmen minis? I feel like they're the least popular Warhammer army but I just don't want them to stop selling the current set half way through my army build.

Well I would use Blighknights, but Trolls are the better of the two and they're pretty expensive models.

Kek

Tomb Kings don't use necromancy as such, it's more like Divine magic.

Pretty slim, there plastics aren't that old. If anything gets updated it will be the resin kits.

I wouldn't worry, I think the range will now stay stable for the next few years.

Iunno I have roles for both units in my armies. If I'm up against elves I need spears with shields, up against vampire counts? Spears no shields.

their*

> Cold One hordes

Am I correct in assuming that beastmen are the least popular army? Mwg YouTube channel has 200 battle reports for 8th and only one beastmen army bat rep

Yeah, there was a poll a few years ago that ranked all the armies and I think Beastmen were 2nd off bottom behind Tomb Kings.

To be brutally honest, I was always of the opinion that Chaos should have stayed as a common books, ie. demons, mortals and mutants all in one book. GW seem to be going back to this and I think beastmen will therefore always have a place in the future, it's honestly better for them this way, it means they won't get left behind and many of the monsters are interchangeable anyway.

I love that beastmen are in the game to fight against, and they'll wreck my shit if I'm not fast enough to catch them when they do pop up. I just never ever play them.

Might give them a few goes on multiplayer to mix things up.

They always we're the least popular.Thanks to their potrayal in Total War, however, it seems their finally getting the respect they deserve.

Why though? Ogres go up to S6.

I play High Elves.

I have great hygine, am humble in victory and defeat, and suck at playing so the advantage granted in old edition was moot.
Also I play T9A where High Elves are not very good because I give no fucks about winning.

Tomb King "necromancy" is priestly magic granted by their gods. Its closer to Light.

Necromancy is Dark Magic, a volatile mix of the darker magic lores, mostly Death.

Hyped as fuck. Love my cold blooded lizard friends.

dragonball z

Pepe is canonically Kroak now.

Agreed.

Once you give an Ogre a mark and a GW they're about 45 points, a Troll is 35 points, has regeneration and strikes at S5 which is pretty much the same as S6 against 90% of stuff.

how dare you both prove me wrong over the internet,

the real question is regarding total warhammer lizardmen have a berserk mechanic (which was in older total wars, where they stopped listening to commands and just killed stuff)
shouldn't orks have had this to replicate animosity?
I wonder if the developers will spruce up older factions since they are incorporating them all into the battle royalle eventually.

I'm calling the day one green reskin.

> green reskin.
Green iz best, boss

>Old Ones create a race designed to destroy greenskins
>They make it green and blue

>click on the gorebull
>"GORRBUUUU"
that is pretty fucking awesome.

We should have destroyed Norsca, every man woman and child, many years ago!

*shouting*

Enough! Dietershafen is lost, and our northern allies have failed us. Where was the last report of his whereabouts?

My spies tell me that his forces have moved to the east, we must expect an attack on Erengrad!

This is nonsense, no attack is coming - Kislev controls Troll Country. He's not attacking, he's making allies! At this very moment he courts the One-Eye, the Beastmen! The warherds will rise up against us and the Drakwald will be lost once more!

Ridiculous! Middenland won't stand for it! Our forces have sole military access to their forests. I believe the attack will come from the Chaos Wastes themselves - he intends to travel across the World's Edge Mountains, and into Ostermark - Sylvania will revolt, and sweep across from the east

Thats wild speculation!

He will come not from the north, nor the east - our traders in the south report that he has forged an alliance with the tribes of the Bjornling. He intends to circumnavigate the Empire and sail his army-

To the Badlands perhaps!

He would lose half his army to attrition alone! The other half would desert!

We must defend Blackfire Pass!

And do you expect the orcs to welcome him when he arrives?

I suppose he will bring with hem, an army of Chariots!

Elector Counts, I dare say that would be quite a feat, even for the great Surtha Ek.

Also, for the Lizardmen, that was limited to units outside the General's aura (or Skink Chieftain's)

the Orcs are the ones who really needed something like that from the original races, tactics are for pansies, as random animosity is not happening any time

Orcs already have frenzy

fenzy in tw:w is a static buff, nothing like what lizards gonna get

Keep your autistic fan-fiction to yourself

BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION!

When did this happen?

it says so right there on the venator's lore. There was this big ass tournament in couronne and the venators crashed it fresh off the boat from kislev and won it.

Who let Nigel Farage write GW lore?

>says right there
Oh sorry I thought someone actually posted the piece of lore here, I didn't know I would have to go dig up some old edition lore to find out what you were referring to.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Voland's_Venators#fn_1a
here. They are too drunk so they don't care what they are fighting. They also liberate the enemy's gears.

>>Bretonnia is supposed to have the best cavalry in the old world

Ever heard of CHOSEN KNIGHTS OF CHAOS?

That's the Chaos Wastes.

Good point, I should have read more carefully.

ASININE MORTAL!

>chaos

ill be honest i never thought about warhammer at all before i got total warhammer. now im buying beastmen minis

Hey /wfg/, im looking to make a Drachenfels mini to lead my vampire counts army. What would you suggest using to get a mini that resembles this old art of him?

>Caraz-A-Carak
Interesting, I wonder when they changed the spelling to have K's instead.

Games get people liking characters and army traits.
I never liked 40k orks until DoW made me like gorgutz and how funny he was.
I liked Skaven after Mordheim City of the Damned for PC
I liked Bretonnia and beastmen after total war
FOAR ZEE LADIEE

In the 2nd Edition book, they make multiple mentions of 54mm plastic fantasy miniatures. Does anyone have a clue what they were?

>imperialfags BTFO so badly by an unimportant character they'll try to claim this isn't canon

That's a weird way to spell "Blood Knights"

Hold the fuck up

AYO HOL' UP

So, I was wondering, who the fuck are Pha and Shem and some of the other named folks in the 8th edition spells? That one Lore of Death spell that summons a Ghost Girl and the other one that's Tasha's Hideous Laughter give a blurb as to who the fuck they are referencing, but the others don't.

There's only like 12 Steam Tanks, right? Only eight of which were still around at the nebulous 'present' prior to the End Times, right? Are there any information on the names and details of those eight? I seem to remember a White Dwarf article from back when like when I was first getting into Warhams. Plus I know they did publish some variants.

This page has details on some of them that are accurate from what I remember: warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Steam_Tank

How?

>liking bretonnia after total war.
bretonnia exists so that Karl Franz has a place to expand to.

If are Nige wrote it, it would be glorious.

I love how hammy the dwarfs are in total warhams.

I Would have a look though Reaper Mini's collection of adventurers. Ral Partha may also have some stuff.

I always thought the Witch King model from Heroquest was a good substitute.