Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you feel about the big new changes and rebalancing to Path of War?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479603-Dreamscarred-Press-Introduces-Lords-of-the-Wild-The-Playtest!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I keep hearing talk of this errata but I'm not sure where its being talked about, other than here of course, or even what exactly is being changed.

Anyone mind refreshing me on the specifics other than "just using boosts on full attack maneuvers"

SOME stances and boosts are being changed such that they only affect the first attack, not all attacks

Primal Fury and Broken Blade received COMPLETE REWRITES.

Scarlet Throne is eating some zenith-strike related nerfs.

thats it.

I mean, Adrian makes a lot of sense to be there. He's from the city that the boat set out from, and is a language professor. One of the expedition's missions is to study the languages in Mwagni. He's also, from his character out, not very visually distinct.

Out of everyone Adrian on the surface has one of the most mundane reasons to be on the boat.

Discussion starts here Most of the drama arose when an user suggested scaling maneuver DCs as 10+1/2 initiator level +initiating modifier (which is a good idea to keep low level maneuvers relevant into late game) and Taveena said she couldn't commit to such a massive overhaul of the entire PoW system for an errata.

I'd trust her! She's a loyal companion and a really smart girl!

So where is it?
And I just dipped a few charge related boosts/maneuvers from Primal Fury, am I fucked?
Will Iron Tortoise get some buffs, as it really only works well with Warders and not all classes?

The confirmed:
>Warlord's Tactical Flanker nerfed
>Chunks of Primal Fury and Broken Blade getting completely rewritten
>Zenith strike line getting nerfed for damage somehow
>Lots of boosts and stances that add damage now only affect your first attack in the round
>Not necessarily all of them apparently
>They cannot universalize the maneuver save DC to keep the early debuff strikes relevant for a number of annoying logistics issues, BUT there might be room to officially publish it as an 'optional' rule

On the whole, it hurts some, but makes sense.

It's not hard to be smarter than the loyal breeding bitch of a hound!

Thanks for letting me know C:

I've never been a fan of primal fury so i'm interested in seeing its changes.

As for broken blade, my steelfist commando is currently using it but I'm sure I can just change to chimera soul if it's made useless.

Which PoW disciplines have the least number of maneuvers that rely on discipline skill checks?

Golden Lion, Primal Fury and Iron Tortoise hardly ever use them.

A fairly significant number of the apps aren't trained killers, off the top of my head

Pristiess Sybille has defended herseld on the road a couple times with nonviolent sleep magic. Merlynns done nothing. Catdoctor has probably done nothing very violent, just a healer. Tiefling doctor has almost certainly done nothing. That rat wizard is just a wizard. Amalthea has only learned martial arts for excercise and has never used them. And Im probably missing a few.

After hearing that story, I've come to realize that I can no longer make characters with animal companions, or else I'll be accused of harbouring a bestiality fetish.

Iron Tortoise and Unquiet Grave don't use their discipline skill at all.
They might as well not even have one.

Golden Lion has 1 and Primal Fury has 2.

>Out of everyone Adrian on the surface has one of the most mundane reasons to be on the boat.

Who are the top three characters with surface-level "mundane" reasons to go to Eleder? Who are the top three with the most mundane *actual* reasons for going?

Caleni hasn't killed anything before, but she sure knows how!

I've barely seen them in Cursed Razor, unquiet grave, and riven hourglass.

All personal opinion of course.

Its not out yet, so chill.

No buffs, main focus is on the re-writes of broken blade and primal fury, as well as fixing bad and nonfunctional wording, and more minor changes to scarlet throne

thats it. Thats all its doing.

>I've come to realize that I can no longer make characters with animal companions, or else I'll be accused of harbouring a bestiality fetish

And then you can accuse them of being filthy smut-fags with their heads in the toilet. As long as it's obvious your Ranger girl isn't bending over for her wolf, it's fine.

Oh.

Well then.

Hope Plat gets himself under control.

So we all rely on PoW:E for our overpowered stances (ELEMENTAL FLUX STANCE!) and maneuvers now, right?

Yup, until that errata comes out 5 years from now

I personally prefer things like Aura of shared Misery, God of the hourglass and laughing Demilich attitude.

Damage, utility and defense in 3 neat packages

Golden Lion has only one, in fact, even if it's pretty good (Diplomacy check against an attack to negate it, even on allies).

Now you know why so many wierd girls are into wolves and huskies

Just see if the dog gets into the position when you put the two together. That's how they did it in medieval times.

It's on the Wikipedia zoophilia page.

I...How do I know that? N-No I mean...I...

At least it's not horses.

To be fair, PoW:E doesn't have as many problems with broken strong disciplines, outside of the disaster that is Elemental Flux.

Even the stronger disciplines like riven aren't like, Broken Blade tier.

Oh, don't be silly, user. It's easy to have animal friends and for it to not be weird.

DON'T JUDGE ME

...They have taste?

Untrue, DHB made a character with animal companions and he wasn't accused.

user... Why are you reading up on bestiality?

I've never seen anybody discuss Chimera Soul and Unquiet Grave. Are they any good?

Elemental Flux, to me, seems like they were assuming the user would be getting screwed by resistance frequently, but then they added the ability to trivially change your active element so the only thing that shits on an EF disciple is something that's resistant to everything.

I'd say that is true if you're looking at it from an offensive standpoint.

Breaking the action economy to get multiple Heavenly Blade of the scarlet throne, or other save or suck maneuvers,

Or just dropping absolutely massive gobs of AoE with stuff like proper stance swapping for Aura of Shared Misery shenanigans that make +3 damage per dice sorcs feel bad.

I'm new to PoW, what about Elemental Flux is problematic in particular? Is it just the damage output? I never seen it mentioned like I have Broken Blade and Primary Fury.

I can't find a copy of Lords of the Wild (though haven't looked very hard). No clue on CS.
Unquiet grave is quite solid, though you feel somewhat stiffed if you're a non-undead using it because of all the "if you're undead, ..." riders.

.........Getting....Trivia...For...Medieval...Setting............?

Rory spotted

Glorianon spotted

Other generic furry spotted

No, E-flux is shite design for two reasons

1. Overpacked stances like E-flux stance, a bit high in the damage numbers overall

2. The fact that its tied to a fucking CLASS FEATURE like what the fuck were they thinking

Note that you can now trivially change energy type on Solar Wind with the variable wind feat

Most cr 14+ outsiders?

I love unquiet grave, mostly for the defensive level 8 stance. Undead immunities without undead penalties? And a fly speed boost? gimme gimme. Also a 25% hp no save execute and bleed immunity ignoring bleed on the 9th level strike.

Lower level stuff is good too

I'm not Glorianon, just a degenerate

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479603-Dreamscarred-Press-Introduces-Lords-of-the-Wild-The-Playtest!

Here you go, enjoy.

Shattered Mirror is fucking nuts with psionics/spellcasting.

>People still thinking Animus is needed to make E Flux usable

Without it, you're losing out on the... what, +2d6 damage compared to the [weapon damage+8d6] the strike gives you?

Compared to Mithral Current without Mixed Combat, it's barely a scratch in power difference.

What's the first thing you'd build in a kingdom, /pfg/?

A castle, to house your followers and hoard your treasures?
An inn, to attract travelers and other adventurers?
A smithy or laboratory, to build great wonders and make the world envious?

TSS Meme Apps in 30 seconds!

Cornelius - The first thing I thought of when I heard of a meme-Serpent's Skull game. It's well executed and nails the balance between being funny, without being a joke character. I'd like there to be a bit more to him, but it's personal preference.

Aurelian - It's CaptainSlow playing the only character he ever does. Yet another heavily muscled ZS Warder, with a bit more in his past than he's letting on. He's got this archetype down to a science, so much that the only way to accurately discuss it is in the context of his other apps. And by that metric, this one feels like it's been phoned in. Every other variation of this character has some hook to make the party interested in them/their struggles. This guy has... nothing. He only cares about money, with "I want to belong" tacked on at the end. It might be time to take a break from this particular well, at least for a little while.

Priscilla - Sesquipedalian loquaciousness doesn't save the character from an utter lack of substance. She's just one more in the string of generic naive waifu bait characters /pfg/ seems to love so much. I'm disappointed, this author can do better.

Simi - Not a fan. The character is a pair of angel wings and a white tiger away from being a case study in how to write a Mary Sue. Her backstory touches on some BIG ideas, then discards them, and her personality feels incomplete. Once again, the author can do better.

Syra - B O S S. For an obvious shitpost, it's pretty funny. 10/10.

Adrian - Not a bad concept, though the devil is in the execution. Like all of DHB's characters it's probably too dark for the game. Since I can't see many of these characters willingly associating themselves with him if they find out his identity. Hell, some of them would probably kill him outright. Playing the insane variant of CE in a non-evil campaign is hella difficult, and the line about needing to medicate himself to "stay docile" doesn't inspire much confidence.

I thought it was because huskies are big, happy, dumb goober dogs.

But mixed combat isn't a fucking class feature

Never played a shattered mirror user, what about the discipline synergizes so well with castertypes?

Tap Animus is a feat, user.
It's not hard to use, and gives you enough Animus unless you're spamming Elemental Flux every turn.

Cursed Razor with Aura of Shared Misery
Shattered Mirror with Reflective Blade Style, Double Team, and Mirror Demon's Waltz
Riven Hourglass's Gift of Time, Temporal Body Adjustment, and all its other shenanigans
You can basically spread around buffs, debuffs around all the place, even Personal ones.

Everything's under control

H-hey, that was one of them sneak attack dogs!

Its still overall bad design to have a discipline need the use of a class specific resource pool

comparing to sleeping goddess, which while it also is fairly class specific, uses a sub-system based resource pool, and thus I'm willing to give it a lot more slack

I think it'd be just as dumb to have a grit based discipline or something, I just don't think its a good choice overall

The castle, of course.

/pfg/, in your opinions, which TSS characters vape?

You can't escape me, even with a new thread.

Name: Olu Dasra
Race: Pitborn Tiefling
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class and archetypes: Tyrant/Dread Vanguard Antipaladin of Asmodeus (Archetypes not set in stone)
Role: Frontliner

>Story: He finds relics for Asmodeus.

This app left me feeling confused and violated. On the one hand it's literally 2 lines of text and skirts the threshold of being edgy and cringy. On the other hand there's no useless fuzz. You know what this character is about and what he wants. It's also tied into the campaign.

Not much to criticize since there's not much given.

I'd atleast briefly consider this dude as a DM because he seems like he could be a cool, no-nonsense guy; but I would want a backstory and a personality to make an actual opinion. Maybe a bit too serious for this campaign?

Must have been a hell of an acid spray.

If you played an unchained summoner, would you take on a psychopomp as your eidolon and snuggle with it every night?

>Use Augunas's Unchained Ninja
>Apply Hidden Blade rogue archetype to it with a little homebrew (init modifier to Charisma, maybe give it access to steel serpent over shattered mirror)
>This character now sits firmly in the design space between Urogue, Umonk, Stalker, and Warlord
>Aka, something nobody ever asked for

Keep it comin'

Legendary Rogue is still better than Unchained Rogue and Ninja

Why do you even WANT overpowered shit? Just to ruin the fun of everyone else, and get it banned at the table holistically?

GALT CAMPAIGN WHEN?

I'VE GOT A CONCEPT I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO TRY AND IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE IN GALT.

I like unchained ninja! Style Strikes was an inspired addition!

Be serious /pfg/. What would your character do after finding out that your kindly middle aged expedition linguist has been a serial killer the entire time who racked up a big body count back in Magnimar?

Castle, to signal to all across the land that you are the master of all you survey and that they would be foolish to stand against you!

Rolled 2 (1d13)

>1: Innser Tpunn Ame, Dwarf Fighter
>2: Zotos, Human Unchained Summoner
>3: Ian Hale, Human Magus
>4: Lucid Redhand, Human Bard
>5: Proditonne, Kobold "Marital"
>6: Eudora Meade, furry aasimar Zealot
>7: TBD, TBD/Fill
>8: Kozuni, Gnoll "Psionic equivalent of the DOOM Marine"
>9: Maine Aruki, Gnoll Unchained Monk
>10: Leovin Vinsu, Tiefling Unchained Rogue
>11: Tetya, Catfolk Oracle
>12: Maslan Fior, Aasimar Swashbuckler
>13: Kaidyn, Kobold Gunslinger

THUVIAN SECRET POLICE

Style strikes feel super tacked on, and the fact that it does not appear as though they can use flying kick means they still have shit mobility

What is it with DHB and making characters that are always too dark or depressing for games? I just don't understand; he did it for RotJR, for Hell's Rebels, for Hell's Vengeance, and now for Trouser Serpent's Skull.

Clap him in irons and make sure he sees a fair trial.

literally what are you talking about

My current character would have no reason to have been on the expedition in the first place. So, leave like he should have before the boat set sail.

I really like Adrian. I'd love to be in his group. It would be really fun drama!

Maybe he's depressed

Legendary rogue is a class?

But user, Galt is generally held up as an example of why Chaotic-aligned governments are super shitty. What possible reason could your bold heroes have to acknowledge it exists?

Knife in the dark, followed by a short drop over the side. Ain't no one got time for that shit.

I think the only style strikes they're unable to use would be flying kick its more just a neat flavory addition to their combat thats nice

I have not applied, but I think the only true solution would be to let him loose to hunt him down through the wild like a fox hunt

To reclaim it for its rightful nobility, of course.

Does anyone got a download for Kineticist of Porphyra IV?

What about the furries?

>Animus isn't a subsystem

But user, that's even worse! Next you'll be saying you'll hold Chaotic-aligned NPCs responsible for instating the use of soul-devouring guillotines and make them stand trial for crimes against humanity!

If he's been helpful and hasn't killed anybody? One warning that he's going to get a summary execution if he kills anyone.

*Maybe* say I'll offer to put in a good word for him and get him committed to somewhere humane. But that's only if he's become a friend. Otherwise, I make it clear that he's going to be taken back to Magnimar and turned over to the law once we get out of the jungle.

Its not, its a class feature, like grit

The savage, predatory urges she might've felt were no lie, so she's actually vindicated. It also makes him more attractive, since he moonlights as a virile hunter of men and women.

Are they going to address if you can counter something that you're unaware of? For example, Deflect Arrows has the line
>You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Which implies that being aware or an incoming attack is a separate thing from being flat-footed against that thing. Will the PoW counters have this too, or are they going to remain usable against an invisible sniper firing a bow from a zone or silence 1000 feet away?

aaaaa I want to snuggle DHB!

You can feat into both, and you can feat into Animus a lot more effectively.

Other things you can feat into include Spheres, Psionics, and Initiation.

Also, how is 'take Tap Animus for better Eflux' different to 'take variable wind for better solar wind'?

What about them?

Anyone who wants to turn him in yet has no qualms with murdering swaths of natives in Mwagni is a hypocrite.

>Augunas's Unchained Ninja
wait what now?

What sort of trivia requires knowing how peasant girls got fucked by dogs?