Gee Papa Smurf these new Primaris Space Marines sure do sound like a swell idea! I don't see any possible this could...

Gee Papa Smurf these new Primaris Space Marines sure do sound like a swell idea! I don't see any possible this could back fire at all!

either a) you know who is gonna put a flaw in them causing all sorts of fuckery b) Jealously from the other neglected Space Marines chapters is going to cause another civil war

:^)

Nah. It'll be fine.

/thread

>Guilliman ever doing wrong
>Ever

Guilliman will unite the Astartes of the Imperium and Imperium Nihilus and cleanse the galaxy of Chaos.

Nah, this is how GW splinters the SM ("Hey, maybe Horus was onto something "), allowing the fluff to 'move' and give noobs an advantage while keeping Failbaddon 'on the verge of' buttfucking Terra and Ol' Moldy.

IF THE SPACE MARINES DIDN'T WANNA GET REPLACED

THEY SHOULDNA SUCKED SO MUCH HUH?

this man has a point. Also checked

So does this mean they're going to kill 40k and replace it with "Age of Guilliman"?

Why would they start a civil war when the Imperium is getting invaded by everyone and one part is cut off from Terra. Do you really expect the Chapters to behave like petulant manchildren because superior space marines made from the geneseed of their Primarch showed up?

I wish. Then we'd have a 40k general and a AoG general and peace will return to the board eventually, like with Fantasy.

historically speaking?

yes

Guilliman should just build up the technology, education and healthcare of his planets and outfit his regular armies with more advanced technology and better training

Fuck Space Marines, just outfit every guardsman with carapace armor, plasma weaponry and select mechanicus cybernetics

Too bad the machine cults are all assholes

So annex them

>do you expect historically giant man children who are use to having their balls pampered to throw a hissy fit when they are put on the back shelf to even bigger man children with even more pampered balls

idk user you tell me

I don't think you understand the extent of the autism of the cult mechanicus. You're asking for civil war

They have the equivalent of the empire from the star wars in term of gun about 5 feet away from holy terra. Not the grandest idea.

And where does Robby Gorillaman get all the resources? Half of his manufacturing base is fucked on the other side of the Warp storm divide, and he can't switch off the supply lines for all the other wars there are and say "Just hold out until I send you the dope shit I'm retooling all the factories for".

Girly man finds a way

Something something, Primarch intelligence something something shut up and buy models.

Robert is separate from the Imperium therefore what he does won't impact on Terra.
Apparently he has enough to create and outfit a new super Legion

>Guilliman was possessed by his dying father when he went down to see him on the golden throne
>yfw

Compound interest for 10k years

>Robert is separate from the Imperium

Except for the Fact that he is Lord Commander of the Imperium

I would be a little perturbed tbqh. I actually like papa smurf more than big e

Oh well then he is a fool

Should have made Imperium Secundus again

The Emperor isn't as smart as Guilliman.

After Guilliman dies, Chaos will destroy the tech to make primaris marines and they will slowly die off in the fluff.

He told Imperium Secundus to fuck off while there eyes are currently rotting out and the only cure is his literal presence. He decided to look at the big picture this time around. I think it stupid but who knows

you're going the no consequence route?

Yes, I am confident GW will return to the stagnant imperium.

We already know who hides behind Roboute's appearance.

The Tau?

Well, nuMarines may be fluffed like "One in a million makes and Astartes, one in a billion make Astartes Plus." It's pretty much a given that they will be more expensive points wise. And it's not like their gear is a quantum leap above SM gear.

Please, this is GW. Stupidity is the norm. It took seven editions before someone finally thought "Let's actually play test our shit."

Stage 2 anons.

>turning all guardsman into Thunder Warrior bezerkers.

ALL OF THEM.

CHAOS WILL GET THE ASS RAPING IT DESERVES.

Nope.

You can't come up with new overpowered snowflake units if your Imperium is stagnant.

That's what 40k should be, the Imperium as the big bad monstrosity and the other factions trying to survive an ever more empowered yet fragmented humanity.

>Neglected chapters
He's giving Primaris marines to many, many chapters. As reinforcements.

Yes, but this will settle into a new status quo of "SM begin battle, lose ground/Chaos/Fucked up Goto level shit, NuMarines save the day, resentment felt from SM, some say "Fuck it, I'm down with the Big Four, shit goes nowhere."

Primaris vs Murder Hobos

who wins?

Post Horus Hersay 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Jealousy
>Civil War
Why do people keep acting like Space Marines are giant insecure babies

Mind you these are the same people who will go on to say how absolutely loyal and indoctrinated and staunch they are

Fucking decide already

>Why do people keep acting like Space Marines are giant insecure babies

The Horus Heresy.

>Why do people keep acting like Space Marines are giant insecure babies
Have you seen the people who play them?

Because of a little thing called the Horus Heresy, where entire Legions kind of got jealous and fucked the Imperium to shit ten thousand years ago. This is kind of 'Warhammer basic history' level shit to know.

Literally started by magic, unindoctrinated assholes, and many many many many many unfortunate poor decisions

The fucking imperium is getting fucked who cares about their fee fees get some fucking reinforcements and strike back

The truth hurts

You mean the primarchs got jealous of the Imperium having human leaders, the primarchs generally being massive bitches, the emperor being heavy handed as shit, Fucking Horus, Erebus, warp magic, and other dick heads

Compared to

More Astartes

That's like saying they should have rebelled when the Custodians joined the battle again

>Mat Ward

If anything, all the oldmerines accept numarines as their spiritual successor and their rightful superiors.

>Implying Imperium is worth saving
At least the Chaos gods care about ME.

We already know some chapters accept them, some are wary, and some rejected them outright.
Get with it, punk.

>t. hand rubbing merchant

The cause of mass defections among Astartes for the Horus Heresy were the Warrior Lodges. No warrior lodges this time around so no mass defections. Indoctrination method was also probably improved by Bob and Cawl, so the idea of heresy is even less likely. There is a possibility that a few Primaris Marines will fall into the hands of an infiltrated Chapter, but its equally likely that these Primaris Marines will be considered too loyal to turn and will most likely compromise any traitor operation or be killed first.

And on that note, I'm amusing myself with the thought that Captain/Chaplain Diomedes is so full of himself because Primaris status.

Honestly, this is more likely.

>these rules
>playtested

You believe that after seeing what they put out so far?

I haven't taken look. Give me a quick run down.

From what I've seen so far, the tard quotient on this edition is much lower than 7th. I'm not saying that GW won't inevitably find a way to fuck this up, but so far I can't really bitch about some of the rumored changes

>Orks and Tyranids dumpstered
>tau's only weakness of melee gets negated and they can leave it at will and fire in the same turn while also being able to overwatch
>Tzeentch army fucked in the ass by the new summoning rules like Tyranids
>Eldar literally shits on everything that isn't Tau
>melee all but useless because your dudes will almost never make it to the enemy
>lasguns can take down titans
>fabius bile can take down 3 with a sword
>should you make it to melee range you shred everything and any dudes even looking in the same direction take hits

And that is a simple primer of what they revealed. Can't wait to see this shit when it comes out fully and I can see every 40k player try to justify this. My dick is already hard.

>Apparently he has enough to create and outfit a new super Legion
nope, Cawl had enough ressources, and 10 000 years of spare time
Rawbooty is only the guy who gave him the idea, he hasn't bio-engineered shit

Real scale SM, fuck yeah!

This.
We have stated intent, playtesting, and everything people have said so far is based on conjecture.
But you will still have retards like anyway.

=Nah there will never be "40k is dead, welcome our new franchise", it will still be 40k, but now Guillimaned 40k

>Orks and Tyranids dumpstered
wat!? The only thing they said about Tyranids is that Hormagaunts are faster than Eldar (who are faster than guardsmen), and they're about to eat Baal. No word on Orks except on the twin-linked article, confirming they earned a lot of shots for some of their weapons.
>tau's only weakness of melee gets negated and they can leave it at will and fire in the same turn while also being able to overwatch
only the "flying" units can, so battlesuits (and not even all of them). Their markerlights were nerfed to the ground (reroll 6s instead of +1BS), reducing Tau overwatch efficiency by quite a lot, and the Stormsurge is nerfed too. Also: they acknowledge in the T'au article that there's a problem with the Riptidewing (just like they acknowledged it for scatbikes).
>Tzeentch army fucked in the ass by the new summoning rules like Tyranids
you don't know how it works for Tyranids yet, and it's the good thing Tzeentch armies were nerfed.
>Eldar literally shits on everything that isn't Tau
how do you even know that!?
>melee all but useless because your dudes will almost never make it to the enemy
not if the rumors of "everything is an assault transport" and "charge out of no-scatter deepstrike is possible" are true
>lasguns can take down titans
correct, though judging by the current points and assuming the rules stay roughly the same, it costs you more points to field enough lasguns than it would putting your own titan on the table
>fabius bile can take down 3 with a sword
Instant Death is gone so no. Plus I really doubt vehicles will be squadroned, just to avoid these morale problems
>should you make it to melee range you shred everything and any dudes even looking in the same direction take hits
how is that a problem!?

Where can I find more user?

Ok satan

>just outfit every guardsman
This, desu

Will Abaddon concentrate his resources on taking over Guilliam's half the Imperium or the isolated Imperium Nihilus?

The armless failure himself wants to invade Terra first.

So, what was the reaction of the High Lords of Terra to Guilliman becoming the new Emperor?

He's not the new Emperor he's the Lord Commander again.

You only have to ask and you shall recieve

>He's not the new Emperor
>bears Emperor sword
>supported by Custodes
>making best super soldier
Actually he is new Emperor

So he's going to fail again?

He's the new Emporer thats legitimately better than the old Emporer

No he's not you fucking idiots he's taken up the position he had before he got put in the stasis pod. Read the fucking books.

Ahhhh....yes, my mistake. Just First Citizen.

Praise the Emperor

Not enough hip and leg emphasis.
6.5/10

Until we get new info I would assume that would be the case unless something strange happens like a Hive Fleet Leviathan finally reaching the Sol system.

Octavian wasnt technicaly Emporer either

I still don't understand what the tentacles are supposed to be. A god? The rest of the fleat?

the hive fleet coming into the galaxy

each 'tendril' is a swarm

>No he's not
He is.

I hope Matt Ward gets to write it. In coordination with Dan Abnett.

just so we get Failbaddon being punched through the roof of the Imperial Palace and back into his Fagship by Roboute read by Toby Longworth

You're just now understanding the size of a hive fleet. There's just just much Tyranids approaching the galaxy they form visible formations on that fuckhuge scale, which are called tendrils as user said here

>bug gets into car
>grab bug, try throwing it out of window
>fingers holding bug get stuck on cars ceiling
>accidentally squash bug in hand
handling civvies as a SM has to feel somewhat like this

it's not an actual visualisation of the Tyranids Swarm, the tendrils are just artistic renditions showing the paths of the hive fleets all belonging to the same Hive, Leviathan.

Those are depictions from translucent fleet trajectories, not representations of fleet mass

The same place he got the resources for making the primaris my dude.
Also . Never underestimate the marysueness of Robot Gorrillaman.

>Tyranids could have been the big bad of the setting
>nope, it's Chaos again
>Tyranids become seventh fiddle to orks even

Wait i just realized something. Ward's finally done it: Since Guilliman is the leader of the Imperium and he's not denying his divinity( for the time being) then that means he's become the Imperiums Spiritual Liege hasn't he?

gee bill, war on TWO fronts, with chaos and mechanicum?

Technically, and mind you this is 5th ed. lore, the closest hive fleets to Terra are Scylla and Charybdis.

Lets be honest is there even any big good?

The Dawn of War II cinematic trailer disagrees with you. It shows the swarm entering the atmosphere as literal tentacles.

The little kiddy bringing Tigerius and two flyers to a "friendly" game, as well as a chapter master in termi and a termi death star?

>I still won, Dark Eldar Master Race.

A single chadmarine is worth 600 cuckmarines