Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

owlcatgames.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What's your character's hobby?
He paints.

Mine too, but only letters. Calligraphist.

(reposting in BOTH THREADS)
Basically, it gets magic traps that take a standard action to set up, deal 1d6+Int mod damage or have conditions with Int-based DCs, and get 3/4ths sneak attack progression but also adds about the same amount as scaling damage to their traps. The higher-level magic traps can also include dispels, difficult terrain, etc.

>Character A
Likes to read, compose poetry, and occasionally he tries his hand at sewing.

>Character B
He just likes to wrestle, and he's picked up a lot of techniques. Hopes to learn more from the one teammate of his who seems to be more of a technical type than his rough-and-tumble version.

>Character C
He still remembers how to bake from what his ma taught him, and if he had the time and money he'd probably try his hand at gardening--with limited success. Other than that, he knows how to act passably well and likes to go riding on his horse.

1. Painting

2. EXPLOSIONS

3. Gardening I guess?

>character 1
Sculpting, which she's confused that she enjoys. She's not sure why she likes sculpting. Everything else she can find pleasure in involves destruction or killing.

>character 2
Calligraphy. He's entranced by how people put meaning into symbols, so has dedicated some of his free time to understanding what makes the symbol cease to represent what it represents. In the process, he's stumbled onto writing-as-art.

>character 3
Gear maintenance and storytelling and learning about people and reading and wargames and music and meditation. When you don't have to sleep because you're a bottomless font of vital energy, you develop a lot of things to fill the time when everybody else sleeps.

1.Calligraphy. The thing is he's a fucking gnoll.
2.Breakdancing and such
3.None. That was the joke with him. He's meant to be some lowlife mook that got caught in shit he never wanted to get caught in. Having not even a hobby made him look like even more of a tool.
4.Listening to music. All music. Musical knowledge.
5.Doing music. With like, a flute.

>Character A
Horseback Riding and Carousing

>Character B
Snarkiness and Carousing

If I want to play a dragon who rides a dragon, would it be better to make a wyvaran draconic avenger exposed vigilante, or a wyvaran betrothed (draconic) avowed?

Does snarking count as a hobby?

If so, that's basically every one of my characters right there.

1 Making plush toys
2 Making up games to play with her sister
3 Finding ways to qualify for the companion to the lonely bonus without actually doing anything lewd

Why not be a geisha for the last one

>3

Massages!

Is the rider THICC? Is the mount? How many layers of THICC dragon are you on right now?

The rider is pic related. The mount is just a male dragon of some kind.

>tfw you're on 2 layers of thicc dragon

Depends, do you want a customizable magic dragon, or a RIP AND TEAR drake?

When he isn't busy saving/helping people he enjoys playing music. Mostly flute but he's been meaning to pick up something else.

Yes.

Have emperyal lords ever come up in a game you were part of?

The fuck is with Stalker only having a strong Will save when it's basically Ninja

Oh we have multiple threads. Okay.

Why do we have multiple threads?

One of them is a back-up thread.

To screen out the autists trying to provoke shit with the anime OP pictures. Incidentally that would also screen out the autists talking about dog rape. Wonder why.

Studying technological devices and trying to build something useful out of it. The security/traps are useful, but too costly to ever be more than a hobby.

Hopefully nobody makes a new thread in the other one since we have a perfectly serviceable general here.

So now that Path of War is in the dumpster, should we all jump ship to Spheres of Might now?

t. jolly

>SoM
That's a hard no, good buddy. Just use pre-errata PoW.

>now that Path of War is in the dumpster
>now

Did they finally release the errata? When?

The only shit getting nerfed in PoW is broken shit like pumping out 21d6+60 damage at level 6 and broken crap like that.

I hope the Starfinder classes will be good. We've seen some decent things out of them so far.

It'll be weird to tell Pathfinder players to just port over the Soldier and Solarion.

Not released, but Taveena came by a couple of days ago to give us the gory deets

The confirmed:
>Warlord's Tactical Flanker nerfed
>Chunks of Primal Fury and Broken Blade getting completely rewritten
>Zenith strike line getting nerfed for damage somehow
>Lots of boosts and stances that add damage now only affect your first attack in the round
>Not necessarily all of them apparently
>They cannot universalize the maneuver save DC to keep the early debuff strikes relevant for a number of annoying logistics issues, BUT there might be room to officially publish it as an 'optional' rules.

Oh my god will you stop posting bullshit, unrelated images with purposefully-baiting questions? Seriously, when will you get perma-banned like you deserve?

warning about the game advertised in discord: Ivan/The Mule is espagnoll

If PoW is in the dumpster, Spheres of X is in the sewers, clogging your drain.

Legacy of Blood and Fire greentext in case anybody missed it. Essa is cute, Gamze x Orlan power couple, Shanan gonna get BIRBED

>Essa bullying the birb
Is DHB a bully?

>Use CHA for class features
>Adds INT to attack and damage
>Adds WIS to AC and HP
How bad an idea is this?

Sounds pretty bad, but if you use wisdom for class features it probably would not be that bad. Monks would be very good if they could add wisdom to HP

Well, I mean, what's the goal? To render physical abilities irrelevant?

Honestly, user is right, I should just pick from the runners up. It actually wasn't a sudden drop, I just spent several sessions hoping that A FUCKING LAWYER would come back to us. Not gonna be a reboot though, the plot isn't fucked beyond belief.

The concept is a warrior-philosopher who'd want decent scores in all their mental abilities, but MAD is serious business and I'm not sure what to do to make this feasible.

>A FUCKING LAWYER

What did he mean by this?

So /pfg/, what do you think about this?
owlcatgames.com/

could be decent, probably shit

I dislike the AP but a Pathfinder CRPG might be interesting.

>abalone
>Kingmaker

What...the fuck? That's just weird, /pfg/

Question /pfg/,

How good is Pathfinder at handling a solo Adventurer? I have a friend who wants to play in any campaign and I want to try out your system just because.

Any tips or hints?

Sounds a lot like HV. user is probably Argent and is talking about Yori the Lawyer that only showed up for 1 session and was afk for most of it.

Run it with Gestalt and he can be two classes at once with the HP of one. Also, not having to share loot will make things a lot easier.

>Half-Orc Magus using a Scimitar and casting Shocking Grasp

It's like they finally realized it only has one build

I did that once playing a half elf brood master summoner. Shit was pretty cash.

I'll be honest if you're looking for a warrior with good mental stats you're probably looking to play as a PoW character, I mean pretty much all of them rely on mental stats as much as they do physical ones.

I can handle homebrew, but is there a recommended AP to take him through?

Eh, could be nice.

I'm actually trying to design a PoW Bard archetype with Warpath spellcasting progression instead of performances but it didn't seem warranted to mention.

Does Fast Healing count as magical healing for the purposes of stopping bleed damage?

Yeah, I decided to replace them with a Time Looping Fairy person who is on her, like, third iteration of things (Fleur)

Consider monks or psions or something. Monks have a lot of philosophical style archetypes

Or consider swordsage

On a related note, 30 point buy is the best point buy.

Alright lads I need advice which of these three is mechanically the best if going dexfag

>steelfist commando
>dervish defender
>monk of the silver fist

inb4 blue board

Good, imagine if you went through another application phase and fleur got consolation prize again only for the new app to be another flake.

Nope, seems Essa was just drunk off his ass.
Not hard to accomplish when you're that skinny.

D E L E T

If you know it's a blue board, why the fuck are you baiting a ban?

Speedster monk from Gonzo 2, Is it good?

Level 1 ---- Hyperspeed: +10 land speed per level as long as you have at least one ki. Also get Run as a Bonus Feat. Replaces: Stunning Fist, First bonus feat and maneuver training or First Style strike if unchained

Level 1 ---- Afterimage: Monk's AC bonus is now a Dodge Bonus

Level 1 ---- Momentum Strike: Gain a flat damage bonus to all attacks made after he moves, but before the end of the turn. This damage can be multiplied on a critical. Replaces Monk Unarmed strike progression.

>Lvl Required --- Distance needed --- Damage bonus

> Level 1 ------- 30 ft ------ +2 Dmg
> Level 4 ------- 60 ft ------ +4 Dmg
> Level 8 ------- 90 ft ------- +6 dmg
> level 12 ------ 120 ft ------ +8 dmg
> level 16 ------ 150 ft ------ +10 dmg
> level 20 ------ 180 ft ------- +12 Dmg

Level 2 --- Super Sonic Barrage : once per day and every 4 levels after, Speedster Monk can move his full movement speed and make a full attack (if he doesn't have any uses remaining, he can spend 2 ki, or take 2 strength damage to use it.), he can attack at any point during this movement, and can combine it with flurry of blows. Replaces Bonus Feats

4th Level --- Light Speed Junkie: Never provokes Attacks of Oppertunity from creatures with a Dex bonus less than 1/2 The Speedster Monk's level. (ex.

enjoy your ban.

Wait wait

Hold up

So your party is going to be a clambake then?

Theres a difference between art and lewds.

D E L E T E
H
I
S

My personal favorite is monk of the silver fist

/pfg/, how sad are you that Rory's already setting up TSS to be a bamboozle?

But the original is sexier and more artistic. That's a shoddily done edit that doesn't pass muster and deserves the ban.

But Pamela is my waifu

Its not that bad, especially if you like to go fast

Not very. Really lowers my stress over my app getting accepted

More amused than sad desu. Like, everyone saw it coming day1 and are probably laughing at the saps who actually bit the bait and put effort into writing apps.

We all knew it was bull from the beginning. This is Rory we're talking about, it's impossible to give him too little credit.

Birdwatching.

I'm thinking of writing an app for it because I expect it to sink and I can't risk getting accepted into a game.

Nope, one's got something extra (and apparently got some use out of it with Samurai Christmas Cake), and we have one actual guy and his son (who may or may not be a devil).

You guys do know that answers like this are just going to spur Rory to actually do it after which it will absolutely crash and burn after a few sessions.

I know Springheeled style would be kickass with it, however it the lack of die increase has me a bit worried. I know that Flat damage is better than variable damage, but it seems a bit low.

You can always increase your dice, remember. Along with that, you are wielding gauntlets which can be enchanted and flavored any way you want. My favorite is rope gauntlets. If you notice, most of the kinds of abilities are very good, and you can also apply twf with it if you really wanted to.

Yes, everything will be fine. That's how it has always worked with PF and 3.5, right? The errata is always an objective improvement and never has tons of collateral damage.

>Fleur gets in
So the team continues to be not!winds of destruction

How do I get this adorable owlbird as a familiar?

It can work, but keep in mind that all of the pre-existing adventures assume 4 characters. Generally, you'll want to either cut down on the number of enemies, or give the solo player hirelings/minions to help them.

Improved familiar or polymorph any object.

If I have a Handy Haversack at level 3, mundane amror/weapons, and a couple of hundred gp left, what gear should I get? This is for Ironfang, so I've already put in a tent and other survival gear, but I'm looking for amusing ideas for "pack rat" stuff.

So is HV not taking apps despite the "round 3" thread?

It's a griffon, you dip.

What's a good class to multiclass into after 5 levels of gunslinger?

But griffons are bigger than that!

I'm not familiar with the APs. Which would be a good one newbs to PF?

Read the rule, user. I specified nothing over 1200gp.

Not housecat griffons. Lions and tigers maybe.