Just came back to 40k: Holy Shit

So I stopped playing warhammer about a year ago to take care of some family matters. I just came back and holy fucking emperor, what the hell is even going on?
>the smurf lord is back
>manlet marines
>Biel Tan is dead
>other shit for 8th edition
Who's idea even was this?

Imperium lore has always been ass cancer.

The new rules are shaping up pretty well.

It's gonna be an ok edition.

>Who's idea even was this?
New CEO, new audience

Its gonna be okay user. Unless youre a Blood Angel.

Wait for about a month, check out new edition.

Then decide wehter to play or burn your army and post a video of it on the interwebz.

In the worst case scenario they get overrun and are replaced by their Primaris Marines

It's going to get worse soon

very soon

Nah, the Necrons will lend a hand.

They're playing with fire, alright.... but they haven't jumped the shark yet.

But they did introduce this walking talking McGuffin factory. With her powers, pretty much anyone can be brought back to life. I'm sure to keep it from being painfully obvious they wrote in some kind of limitation like "the soul must be intact" or something, but they're ready to McGuffin the other half of that equation by having the Sanguinor possibly carry on part of the soul of Sanguinius. I predict that we'll see Sanguinius come back, and one thing I can promise you is that NOBODY who is a member of one of the Triumverites of the gathering storm is going to die. Period. Games Workshop doesn't like the idea of playing with characters that are canonically dead, even though any games you play with such a hypothetical figure would mean that your narrative is at a time prior to their death, but who knows! They've been taking a lot of risks lately, maybe they'll choose to move in that direction.

There's precedent for dead special characters. Tycho being the most prominent.

Biel-tan is still around, it is just broken up into a fleet.

>Games Workshop doesn't like the idea of playing with characters that are canonically dead

I guess that is why Tycho has both a model and rules representing him pre and post Death Company.

I think he's talking about modern, especially plastic, sculpts

Call him a holdover. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in 8th, after all, we're progressing the story, right? Remember how they retconned Eldrad? Their new direction doesn't approve of this sort of thing.

They could have discontinued Tycho when BA got a 6th or 7th edition codex and simply not included his rules, yet they did.

Even Kell is only temporarily out of stock and he was killed in Fall of Cadia.

Aun'va is also dead though he's been replaced by a hologram
Also oblatai the ai broadside also died, though being an ai they just gave him a new body

Eldrad got retconned because they retconned parts the 13th Black Crusade.

Off the top of my head the the only special character with a model that has been lost in recent years has been Confessor Kyrinov and they even brought him back briefly as a made to order model.

Aun'va? I forgot about him. Not a bad case, actually. But to be fair, he was killed off because nobody played him.

They did create limitations. She cant bring back the dead. Rowboat wasnt dead, just mortally wounded and held in stasis.

>And lo, did Sanguinius ever truly die?

I welcome it. It got annoying that the Imperium was constantly losing battles and if they ever did win it came with massive sacrifices.

I really liked Gulliman's video where he says they have only endured and I'm looking forward to some actual wins.

no one played him because he was a shit hq
the xv8 buffmander is too op and customisable to be ignored, farsight crisis-stars are too troll worthy, darkstrider rail rifle/railgun (from tidewall) is another troll worthy tactic and cadre fireblade was a 60 point bs5 markerlight that happened to be a hq
Also a T3 melee hq that was shit at melee in a ranged army was asking to fail unless it was horribly op and then people would bitch that tau are good at melee when they shouldn't be

If they really wanted to bring a dead character back theyd do it Yvraine or no Yvraine.

I'll take option 1

they'll bring back sanguinius with yvraine, just wait and see.
Honestly I think we're gearing up for horus heresy 2 electric boogaloo except now with 200% more xenos

>She cant bring back the dead.
She can ask Ynnead for it.
>just mortally wounded and held in stasis.
Yeah and in the third book they cut off stasis and ressurect him.
>Imperium was constantly losing battles
Where?

he will either return on rage alone or thanks to the necrons this time

>New Games Workshop
This is like New Turkey. Guaranteed shit.

>My Aeldari Waifu Can't Be This Cute

>New Turkey
Germany?

Oh my god, that'd just be fucking perfect, wouldn't it?

kek
No, the party that has been at power since the early 2000's and that has turned the country into a ridiculous freedom-hating, terrorist-supporting and economically weak Mid-Eastern banana republic call their project "New Turkey".

People were posting tweets yesterday about how the Horus vs. Emps fight was going be retconned.
If that's true, then it will most probably involve something about Sanguinus.

Chaos Tau and Dark Imperium soon friend.

>Dark Imperium
You mean Free People?

There is a rumor from LadyAtia and it all but confirms Sanguinus himself is coming back. I don't doubt every Primarch is. This is the dumbest jumping of the shark I've ever seen.

It's also going to involve retcons to bring him back.

40k is dead. Long live 30k 2.0 you fucking space marine fan wanking fucks. Eat all your Primarch jizz up and take it up the ass for GW. Since it's clear there is no place for anything except space marine super duper marines.

If they want to retcon something, they should turn ollanius pius back into a normal non-pepetual guardsman. The original idea of his character was epic.

I mean Valhallan Bael coalition empire

RED STAR will be their insignia. United Systems of Star Red.
USSR we'll call it.

I doubt it because that would be too extreme. If they were going to change something it would most likely be the circumstances of Sanguinius' death.

OP here, Increasingly drowning my sorrow as this thread progresses.

>they should turn ollanius pius back into a normal non-pepetual guardsman. The original idea of his character was epic.
And that's why they won't do it. The original Ollanius didn't have a high enough power level, and in the New GW era you must have powerlevel 9000+ to join the big boys club.

It is too extreme, but if their short-term goal really is to set up HH 2.0...
I don't know, it seems like GW has been overtaken by people who have no real idea about what 40k was or should be. Anything can be expected from them.
Hell they might even bring Horus back so that he can sacrifice himself against the Dark Gods in a Return of the Jedi-esque finale.

>I don't know, it seems like GW has been overtaken by people who have no real idea about what 40k was or should be.
BREAKING NEWS!

Keep in mind my involvement with 40k got an exponential drop starting with 5th edition, so while I know that this takeover isn't recent, AFAIK it wasn't always this bad. I don't know all the details.

Off the top of my head, the Imperium lost the recent Damocles conflict. There definitely has been a theme lately of the Imperium either losing, forcing a draw, or it being a pyrrhic victory. All of which you could argue do fit the setting, but at the same time can get boring to read about.

To be fair it only makes sense since they seemingly decided to go the route of the Emperor being detached from humanity on a personal level and seeing the Primarchs as nothing more than tools. On the other hand by retcon they could mean they're going to try and make the Emperor vague as can be since they don't want him to really have a concrete personality and instead be interpreted through the views of others.

Atia said no such thing, only that the Emperor versus Horus was going to be retconned, which isn't really a new rumor. She gave more credit to the idea that BA are going to get access to all or some of the new toys SM have gotten.

It's also pretty stupid to bitch about 40k being all about the Imperium when that has clearly been the case since who knows when.

They won't change Pius because his story never made any sense and may have been completely blown out of proportion by the fandom because they seriously believed a legend that could just as likely be nothing more than propaganda to get people to enlist in the Guard was fact.

That isn't even mentioning that the only time a member of the Imperial army may have been killed by Horus is when originally he and the Emperor fought their battle in a bunker on Terra. If that is the case then even that story was thrown out in Slaves to Darkness in favor of a fight aboard the Vengeful Spirit where an Imperial Fists terminator got between the Emperor and Horus.

40k attracts both HFY people and people who take distorted versions of the truth as fact without doing any research for themselves and the story of Pius in the fandom would be a combination of both.

Like I said, they haven't jumped the shark yet, and they may actually leave Sanguinius dead. One of the developers said in an interview for White Dwarf that they're not bringing the dead primarchs back, but that's always subject to change, you know how these things go...

Really, the only danger I see is when all of the obvious choices have been made and the plot starts running out of steam. They're either going to have to take their hands off the story again or do something stupid like bring Sanguinius back.

Apparently some people saw some tweets or something. By who? Where are they? I think that 40k is still in good shape, but like I said before, the devs are playing with fire.

>But they did introduce this walking talking McGuffin factory. With her powers, pretty much anyone can be brought back to life.
Pretty much every "lost" Primarch had a rumor or plot hook going on that hinted at their potential return for a long, long time. The only difference here is that with Girlyman they drew that option.

Or maybe it's the fans who get pissy when GW doesn't follow their interpretation of events. Seriously I can't even recall any of the supposed old guard who had a hand in the creation of 40k and later left bothering to complain about the current state of 40k besides Priestly and it's not like he is an objective source with the chip he has on his shoulder and coming off like he is too far up is own ass.

Did you know that the Horus Heresy is supposed to be a reference to the story that seemingly ever Christian learns about the rebellion of Lucifer against God with Horus standing in for the former and the Emperor for the latter? Priestly seems to think you're so stupid that you probably don't.

>Or maybe it's the fans who get pissy when GW doesn't follow their interpretation of events.

>canon says thing
>chaosfag distort the truth and make it a fact in the canon
>waaa waaa why don't people like what I did?

>with Horus standing in for the former and the Emperor for the latter?
he never told this tho, you're projecting your own interpretation

>where an Imperial Fists terminator got between the Emperor and Horus.
And that's the problem.
A Terminator is still a big strong dude that has at least some chance of doing something to Horus. A human guard is like a mosquito. Horus reveling in killing even such a person has meaning; Horus killing a Terminator has no meaning at all. It's plausible to think that seeing Horus act like that against a mere guardsman, up close and personal, would affect the Emperor. It makes no sense for him to be affected by Horus killing a former brother when that's the thing he set out to do in the first place.
I hate HFY but Pius being a normal guardsman was the best version of that story. It doesn't matter if they made the story into a fiction in-universe either.

The tweeting person is called Lady something. Apparently she/he's been wrong before though.

>Lucifer against God with Horus standing in for the former and the Emperor for the latter

Honestly I always thought it was a reversal on Jesus' temptations. Where Chaos is Satan and Horus is Jesus.

>8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

He said in an interview that the Horus Heresy is inspired by Paradise Lost, part of which covers the rebellion against God.

I don't know why in the interview he treated it like some huge revelation when even I who only knew of the biblical mythology was able to catch on to it one day without having ever read Paradise Lost or at least saw it said by someone else before Priestley ever gave his interview.

It doesn't really matter a damn who Horus killed, just that he killed someone in front of the Emperor in apparently such a blase manner. Admittedly this can fall flat when you consider that for Horus to have probably not already killed who knows how many people in a similar manner he would have to had been sitting on his ass for the entire Heresy. You think he even killing Sanguinius would matter more since they are brothers and the only excuse Horus gives is that he offered Sanguinius a chance to join him.

So that leaves you thinking how much sense the whole thing makes for a Guardsmen to be present and the William King story gives very little reason for one to be present or even survive given the warped description of the ship itself and how terminators and Custodes drop like flies.

I suppose it depends on what interpretation of the story you go with. The early Heresy stuff seems to have similarities with Lucifer rebelling because he desires to be worshiped like God. The current reason or at least part of it for Horus falling seems to draw inspiration from the Islamic interpretation where Lucifer refused to bow to Adam when God ordered the angels to do so. In this case regular humans stand in for Adam as Horus, other Primarchs, and other Space Marines begin to chafe that the Emperor is placing regular humans in power and in charge of them despite it being they who have done the majority of the fighting.

The temptation also works since Chaos did or does seemingly prey on the corruptibility of Horus that is exists in man.

>He said in an interview that the Horus Heresy is inspired by Paradise Lost, part of which covers the rebellion against God.
I know, but he didn't say nor imply that horus stood for god and the emperor for lucifer; at all.

Of course Horus doesn't stand for God and Emperor for Lucifer, it's the other way around :^)
Seriously though, there's nothing other than these roles in PL that has any relation to HH.

>shadow war, blood bowl, gangs of commorah, sharing 8th rules before release, cool new marines
yeah new gw seems real bad. nothing would good enough for you guys, you just like to bitch and moan and feel bad for yourselves

Biel tan ain't dead, just badly damaged. Cadia is dead.

What are you talking about, Blood Angels are getting a spotlight. They're now the poster children of an entire half of the galaxy. They almost certainly will get their own campaign which means fancy extra rules, and are likely next in line to get their Primarch back.

No, we got that the Guard is STILL fighting on Cadia, just the broken remains of it. The fight hasn't finished.

>>Biel Tan is dead
They deserved it and everyone knows it. Deserved it more than Eldrad deserves to be eternally soul-raped by that Slaanesh daemon living inside the Blackstone Fortress.

>minigames no one cares about
>"cool marines"
k y s
The only good part is sharing the rules before release.

>"raiders have invuln saves nice."
>"oh hey incubi are mentioned next, wonder what they'll get."
>"oh... they're ap is worse and they gain no other benefits besides the general changes to melee rules."
>"...Well fuck you too."

I don't care about it being about the Imperium. I would argue it's about money and primarchs and super marines sell more than anything. What I care about is it being about Space Marines and 30k now. People are deluded if they think all the primarchs are not coming back. They are bending over backwards over all sorts of olore and retconning it to make it happen to.

Today they teased an image that is clearly Sanguinus lion shoulder.

You dumb fuck. The space marines drank the kool-aid and now Warhammer 40k is dead. The grim dark setting that was about humanity is now about super humanity and I can't relate. Fuck fuck this gay dumb shit. There is no human left in Warhammer 40k. Or should I say Warhammer 30k.

It's only a matter of time until the Emperor ressurects and gets a model and all the chaos gods too.

Fuck this dumb shit.

Also analyzing this games story is like trying to analyse a drunken frat bros interpretation of the bible.

>necromunda and blood bowl reprints
>things no-one cares about
>BLOOD BOWL

lolwat

For all their incredible abilities the primaris marines live in shame for they know they can never truly be ultramarines.

Fixing 40k is much more important than Bludsport and stuff. And GW is ruining 40k, not only fluff-wise but the rules aren't getting good either (they're merely getting better after going to absolute crap).

I did like the wyches "No escape" because I'm a fan of wyches and I'm tired of running Harlequins instead of wyches. But the whole army will still probably suck and I'll go back to my kroot heavy T'au™

Regardless of whether or not GW does it, why on God's green Earth would you bring Sanguinius back? The whole point of him was that he was too good for this world.

Here's the thing: the less attention GW pays to a particular IP, the better the product usually is which is why dead minigames and Warhammer Fantasy are so great.

Please. The Blood angels are getting set up to be a legion once again, led by Sanguinius re-incarnate, to be the guardians of a new imperium secundus.

>why on God's green Earth would you bring Sanguinius back

$$$$$$$

Will GW fanboys gradually decline in number and increase individual purchasing until eventually the entire company is supported by three space Marines players and one csm player who spend $24m per year each on the hobby

Because he will make a lot of money, and the space marine fans drank the kool-aid of the "fluffy" space marines and primarchs being so fucking infallible nothing bad can happen to them and they need to excise anything that doesn't fit the carefully manufactured delusion that space marines and primarchs are not perfect beings.

Mostly because they sell well though. Space Marine idiots will buy anything regardless of the cost to the game. This is how 7th ed got fucked. 8th is already fucked with power creep marines.

>Implying primarchs aren't perfect beings.

Clones of a God designed to be the ultimate humans sound pretty perfect to me bruh.

Go home GW.

T'au 3th sphere of expansion ended up with the Imperium nuking the Damocles Gulf with technomagic having lost another crusade. After this Firewall dissolved, the Tau launched the 4th sphere of expansion which got lost i the warp (T'au spreading across the galaxy). A Fifth Sphere of expansion has been launched in response to the Imperium falling apart on all fronts.

Gods don't exist. He is simply perceived that way by morons. If people sealed off the warp which is possible there would be no "gods". Even the chaos gods would be deprived of emotions.

That's all it is. He is super smart, but that hardly qualifies as deity level power.

If he put as much effort improving everyone's lives instead of his elite little band of assholes the world would probably be a much better place.

If the Emperor is perfec tthen how come he fucked up? Thus he is NOT a perfect being. Then if the god is not a god then the primarchs are not angels. It was all a lite. Chaos fags are just as stupid for other reasons though. Even if you argue he is a god then it means the gods themselvesd are powerless and same with the angels. However the very definiteion of a god is to be omipotent. You drank the kool-aid bro. Your going to have some fun times buying more and more space marines and super primarchs until the day you die though.

For a god he sure fucked up a lot. However we have the other side of the equation. The other half of the fucking dude bro idiots. The chaos space marine faggots.

This is where the drunken frat boy interpretation of the bible comes in. They want every single thing to be seen through a biblical lens and for everything in the entire universe to be about bible thumping stupid interpretation of "deep" subjects.

Everything needs to be a battle for the soul of mankind to them. To the point they managed to pout and bitch so much in the one book the Emperor speaks he admits he fucked up and hates shit ect.

This is because the two dude bro factions sell like crazy and then they slap some biblic nonsense bullshit on top and hey. We have the current 30k 30k and 30k game lines. As well as adeptus titanicus 30k.

Warhammer has become the Evangelion of the west at this point. Lots of cool meaningless bullshit that is way more overrated than it is and really has no meaning bu to sell toys.

Get the new rules but don't buy any books after 7th.

The planet Cadia has been destroyed. Necrons have added Creed to their collection.

>they're ap is worse
You do realize Lascannons are AP -3 and Melta is AP -4 right?

Is like dealing with a psychopath.
Is amazing.

You realize those all do more wounds to make up for it right? I bet you anything thunder hammers and other space marine toys will have ap -4 or some shit. But no we can't let adarki aeldari have the good shit. We'll just make the squad leader sometimes do more damage and point to that whenever they say we nerfed incubi.

The only reason I take incubi is to shred marines and termies and now they're less efficient at it.

>Gods don't exist. He is simply perceived that way by morons. If people sealed off the warp which is possible there would be no "gods"
>no gods
>Gork and Mork exist
The Orks would like a word with you
>sealing up the warp would somehow starve the chaos gods of emotions
Considering the big Four were feeding on emotions before the warp started bursting through into realspace (well, big three since we're talking pre-Slaanesh here), you're also wrong on this count.

And unless you've got a couple hundred spare Necron pylons and an efficient method of traveling the galaxy that doesn't involve going through the warp, "sealing it up" just doesn't make sense.

>3th
bruh

Their 5nd expansion will be better.

What If the lion comes back and teams up with bob and sanguinis for imperium secundus 2: electric boogaloo

>>Imperium was constantly losing battles
>Where?
Basically every Imperial Armour book that wasn't about the Horus Heresy. Even Vraks was a Pyrrhic victory.

That might not matter if regular marines and termies are comparatively less durable than before.