40k Tacticool Reserves

So, deep striking and charging turn 1 confirmed, i guess... (at least for trygons and their buddies)

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/new-warhammer-40000-reserves-and-deep-striking-may17gw-homepage-post-4/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/02/new-warhammer-40000-fight-phase-may2gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That gets my tentacles a wiggling.

It's possible on good dice rolls. If you roll poorly, you're fucked. I'm still debating starting ad mech versus blood angels so this stuff is important.

It's possible on good dice rolls. If you roll poorly, you're fucked. I'm still debating starting ad mech versus blood angels so this stuff is important.

look at it this way: you need a roll of 8 from 9 inch away, which is ca. 41% probable. if you take into acount that you have command points to spend in order to reroll one of the dice, it suddenly becomes pretty realistic. now take into account that you not only deep strike the trygon, but possibly a warrior brood as well, and it becomes fucking scary.

Also faster nids like Hormagaunts might get a bonus to charge ranges

As long as you get some bonus or reroll, it's pretty reliable. However, with falling back being a thing, it isn't much stronger than deep striking a shooting unit.

No, you need to roll a 9, because you start >9" away.

Have you been reading the new rules at all?

Unless hormagaunts get a huge buff to their actual killing power they're going to be trash. They already are in a place where their only real use is tying up units, since they can only kill really, really weak stuff.

well, is right...

No he's not right. You need to roll an 8 because you only need to be 1 inch away to reach close combat.

yeah, but you must place your models MORE THAN 9" away

Holy fucking shit how stupid are you.

What's more than 9 minus 8?

This is the easiest math in the world.

>le reddit spacing

unless they changed it, at least one model has to be in base to base. the 1 inch rule appears to be for models in a unit that already has something in base to base as the result of a successful charge.
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/02/new-warhammer-40000-fight-phase-may2gw-homepage-post-4/

also you should try using actual arguments instead just shit posting like a nigger.

>paragraphs were invented by reddit
>I've only been on Veeky Forums since after reddit was a thing: the post
Get the fuck out newfaggot

You're looking at the wrong article, it's in the Charge phase article that came before that.

You only need to get within 1" period, base to base is no longer a thing at all in 8th.

That said, you still need to roll a 9 to make the charge from deep strike because deep strike makes you start *more than* 9" away, not 9".

You have to go back

he's right though

Take him with you

No you underage bitch, that's you

>I can't even do basic math so I'll just call him a redditor
What hurts more, your head from trying to think while being that stupid, or your anus from all the huge cock you take right up your ass?

you're right, my bad. so you need a 9, which is about 27 % probable. if you spend a command point though, it might still be worthwhile.

>Making three sentences three paragraphs.

Rather succinct, no?

Stop trying to hide your absolutely basic rule fuck up by screaming reddit, you abysmal cockwhore.

The good news is Tyranids are likely to have a bunch of special rules, if not army-wide ones, that give them bonuses to charges already, since almost all melee races in AoS do from what I understand, and most melee 'nids had fleet or stuff like leaping. Genestealers on SW:A for example charge 3d6" instead of 2d6"

>any unit that doesn't arrive by the third round counts as destroyed
Good.

And here comes the sperging. What makes it even better is your middle school comebacks.
I misread the article. I'll admit that but try not to be so cool on an anonymous board.

Also if the posters originating from that website could stop their hissy fits I'd really appreciate it. And maybe go back. Optimally speaking.

>he's still here

I'm the one with middleschool comebacks, while you're the one screaming reddit like an underage fucking autist who just found this website from reddit and is trying to fit in? Alright lad.

You called people redditors in middle school?
You were way ahead of your time.

>still talking about reddit because he can't do basic math or read the plain as day rules GW has been releasing
People like you are why the faqs come out clarifying shit that autists try to ruleslawyer with.
The the rules give theme tournaments and casual play open license to use deepstrike how they want, and competitive tournaments are locked into rules to keep the cheese down?
Finally. GW couldn't manage that.

Well, this thread went to shit fast.

>Mission accomplished
I'm off to the next 40k thread

>I was only pretending to be retarded
Sure kid

I think the best part of all this is that you no longer roll for reserves. Which is a indirect nerf to drop pods since their biggest advantage was gurenteed 1st turn deep strike.

^This one. Since you must start greater than 9" away, the minimum you can start is 9.000001. You need to get within 1", so you need to roll at least 8.001, which is going mean rolling at least a 9 on 2d6.

Apparently you haven't. MORE THAN nine inches, not just nine. If you start more than nine inches away then you won't get within one inch by rolling an eight. If you end up within an inch after an 8 it means you moved too far, even slightly. That's the entire point of the more than, so you can't get in with 8.

>mfw all the WAAC fags in this thread fighting over snippets of rules

Didn't the one nid we saw stats for have high movement?

Or does that not matter on charges? - I've only been keeping up with the new stuff intermittently

Poison sacs, go MC hunting and giggle

Toxin sacs make me hard

So there's now a faction keyword.

does that mean we're finally geting Fleet traits in the rules?

>tyranid player
>getting in this thread to see what's going on
>expecting interesting discussion
>see all of this

*teleports behind you*
Psssh nothin personal, kid.

Yeah it's a good change. That and telling null deploy to fuck off again.

Would be nice

brevity is the soul of wit - William Shakersman

>Tau friend tells me that 40k is doomed and that he's quitting with the whole turn 1 deepstrike charge
>tell him that there is dependant on rolls, scatter, mishaps, interceptors and overwatchs still, and that if the riptides survive the combat they can jump out and shoot
>no 40k is nuSigmar now

I don't see that big of an issue honestly, it was the only way to get a threat on the fucking stormsurges and riptides, wraithknights also

*unzips Trygon*

this is just as retarded as imperial fags crying over crisis suits to have the flying keyword.

>deep striking and charging turn 1
RIP any tau army fighting nids

The key is that since falling back is a thing a turn 1 assault is no more dangerous than turn 1 shooting.

>alright im gonna put this trygon aside in reserve
>it says set it up underground
>yea, im just putting it aside right here for rese-
>IT SAYS SET IT UP UNDERGROUND

>Taufags complaining about anything ever

Let's be honest: Tyranids will likely get a strategem that either A) Autopasses a charge for a single unit or B) Lets you reroll both dice on the charge.

The latter would let you make a 2D6 charge roll, and then either reroll one die if the other was a 5 or 6, or reroll both die if one was too low.

This is even before considering some units might have those traits already and not need command points.
>Sticks model under table
Happy?
NO! Here's a shovel. Get to work!

t. started warhammer in 6th

Being bad 6 years ago doesn't count.

nothing counts anymore. take your medicine.

I just realised tau no longer have access to interceptor blasts. Looks like they'll have to roll their 4+ to hit if they want to intercept incoming deep strikes.

yup

Assuming they still have interceptor at all

Phrasing "more than 9" so you can stand 9 and a micron inches away and fail a charge by a micron is the most autistic thing ever in a game where everything else is measured in whole inches. It's practically designed to cause stupid arguments when phrasing it as "Ten or more" would have the exact same mechanical effect without the stupidity.

The same design team that took templates out to try to avoid positioning autism, ladies and gentlemen.

yeah it's a bit schizo.

The wording '9" or more' and 'more than 9"' are mechanically different.

If a unit with an abillity with 9" range deep strikes as close as possible to an enemy model to attempt to use the abillity:

The wording '9" or more' allows said unit to use its abillity against the enemy model.

On the other hand, the wording 'more then 9"' does not allow said unit to use its abillity against the enemy model.

There is also a difference between 'more then 9"' and '10" or more'. The difference is ~1".

Assaulting from outflanking probably will be a thing now...

anything that would function as such is at a disadvantage to deep strikers UNLESS they can do so and come closer than 9 to an enemy.

You are also forgetting that there is a 1" buffer to your charge range. For a charge to be successful, your charge move must end 1" away from the enemy model, you failed your charge.

If you roll a 9 on your charge roll,
9.001" - 9" = 0.001"
Because you are objectively

Even if they can't come closer then 9", the abillity to outflank would be priced lower then the ability to deepstrike.

Not realy the wording more than 9 means you need to roll a 9 (+1 engagement) to make the charge and you need at least a range 10 gun to shoot the enemy. It's simple.

Only a munchkin or WAACFAG would pull placing their models 9 and one micron away and trying to say they can shoot their 9" gun.

Normal people will set up 9 1/4 away and leave it at that.

>munchkin or WAACFAG
The wording was written specifically to stop these two kinds of people.

> Picking an army based on one rule ina new edition.

Just leave 40K now you pleb.

If you were in your local shop and this came up would you throw a hissy fit about it? Dude takes his tape measure, measures out nine inches then puts the model just past it, and then rolls and eight and moves the model the eight inches. When he whips out his measure and it says he's an inch away are you going to start screeching about microns? I understand you are correct mathematically speaking, but I can't believe anyone would be that anal about it at the game table. Your acting like if you give him that micron he's gonna take a yard of hard wood and shove it up your ass.

>We're not gonna get turn 1 charging and charging from reserves!

Rekt

it's not being anal. its not letting someone cheat.

the rules are pretty clear in this case. There's no ambiguity.

It's about being correct.

Being correct is all that matters

So yesterday I had to be a functional normal adult and missed out on the announcements and Veeky Forums reaction. What do people think the DE are shaping up and the whole reserve business?

The trygon ability looks cool and could be useful for a surprise tentacle buttsex army

>Also mfw you talk a friend into a narrative game where Octarius has gone horribly wrond and orks and nids share general keywords so mailman trygon delivers stormboyz in your door. Or you consider nauts as troops so trygon delivers OP nobs in a naut

>I'm more than 9" away
>I have rolled 8"
>I'm clearly within 1" dude, stop being anal about it

As mentioned here , the wording is important in this case. Being more then 9" means you cannot make it into the 1" buffer on an 8.

In any case, there is no need for screeching since my local area is well educated in basic mathematics so explaining logic like civilised people is perfectly normal. From your generalisation, should I assume your local community is different?

>Phrasing "more than 9" so you can stand 9 and a micron inches away and fail a charge by a micron is the most autistic thing ever in a game where everything else is measured in whole inches.

Yes, the phrasing "more than 9" actually meaning "more than 9" and not "9" really is a bad thing if you habitually cheat

>When he whips out his measure and it says he's an inch away are you going to start screeching about microns?

No, I'm gonna whip out my dilznick and see if he can tell the difference between it being jammed 9" up his ass or more than 9"

Emperor's Children represent

and then once my mighty slaaneshi trouser snake has inflicted instant death on his asshole, his warlord titans will fail their battleshock and run