Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Creative memes edition
Cancerous community sub-edition

Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-drukhari-may17/

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/new-warhammer-40000-reserves-and-deep-striking-may17gw-homepage-post-4/

Your daily duncan :
youtube.com/watch?v=CZEXEZnM8kU&feature=youtu.be

Previously on /40kg/
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/08/17794gw-homepage-post-4/
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Forge_World_Space_Marine_Chapter_Tactics_V2.pdf
ebay.ie/itm/302313652923
ebay.ie/itm/302313656835
ebay.ie/itm/302313661820
ebay.ie/itm/302313663701
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nth for Kroot getting squatted

For the Dark City!

Wyches will forever be shit and are likely to be the worst unit in the game!

got that need for speed

Curious, but is Abaddon capable of matching either a Loyalist, Traitor or Daemon Primarch in combat?

And what is Huron up to in recent times and how goes his Legion's siege of the White Scars?

I'm happy in the OP!

Based on the to wound chart from link related
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/08/17794gw-homepage-post-4/
do you think they're getting rid of instant death? Has it been stated if they are and I simply missed it?

id say abaddon is under a primarch, but above chapter master, but pretty much as strong as a non-primarch/daemon prince can get

>is Abaddon capable of matching either a Loyalist, Traitor or Daemon Primarch in combat
rules wise? fuck no

fluff wise? also no, but he gets around that by having an army

>do you think they're getting rid of instant death?
Probably. It doesn't have a purpose now that multiple-damage weapons are back.

Repostan'

Is it a problem if I base plastic RT marines on 28mm rules-wise? Not sure if there's a stance on this and they'd look goofy on 32s.

Huron was chilling in the Maelstrom. Presumably he's now chilling in the Great Rift.

They've been mentioned in the previews more than the Sororitas. They were mysteriously absent from the Tau faction focus, but there are both those rumors of a new faction, and reliable rumors of Tau getting more stuff, so...

I wonder if SOBs'll realize the hammer has fallen for their army when Warhammer Community officially releases 8th without SOBs getting a faction focus.

Anybody wants me to dump the Dawn of War III comic or upload it to imgur?

>the Great Rift.

What's that?

Yes. Instead strong weapons will just do multiple wounds. See the changes to force weapons for example.

How upset would you guys be if they snuck female marines into the lore (that's basically what they did with Sigmarines since they didn't have a female model until pic-related came out) ?

I wonder how many brouzoufs it will cost to get a full set of these imported to the US

still don't know why they are a japan exclusive

Low Gothic name of the Cicatrix Maledictum.

>(that's basically what they did with Sigmarines since they didn't have a female model until pic-related came out) ?
they straight up said sigmarines could be female and had a book mentioning one

I forgot that game was out.

No, thank you.

Is there anything of note happening in the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath?

No, they didn't sneak anything, you liar.

The Stormcast battletome said that Sigmar selected female and males heroes to be his stormcast. This was long before that model came out.

Well Marines got Squated before SoB so I'm happy.

Because only a delusional would think GW would keep making old marines when the new Primaris Marines are here to stay.

Female sigmarines already existed in AoS lore since the start. They were explicitly the souls of mortal heroes given new life or some Bullshit.

You could technically have elf Sigmarines.

Maybe they're produced locally in Japan and thats why they are JP exclusive. Those sprues remind me of Gunpla stuff.

Then call me delusional

>And what is Huron up to in recent time

bent the knee to Abaddon in exchange for a Blackstone Fortress.

>Curious, but is Abaddon capable of matching either a Loyalist, Traitor or Daemon Primarch in combat?

With Drach'nyen, Abaddon can wipe the floor with any Primarch if he decides to call upon of the power of the End of Empires/Echo of the First Murder.

Nothing special. The Storm of Emperor's Wrath is notable for it's emergence being the main reason Goge Vandire was defeated in the "Reign of Blood" back in M36.

It occurs to me that none of the named regiments I know of are sufficiantly TANKYTANKTONKTANKPANZER to represent my army. I wonder if they'll give us a new regiment with some sort of Leman Russ bonus, or if I'll just have to choose between Armageddon or Cadian tactics.

Out of curiosity I'm trying to see how many different variation (with Rules) each army has

Space Marines and Primaris Marines:
Space Sharks (Carcharodons)
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Red Scorpions
Black Templars
White Scars
Ultramarines
Salamanders
Iron Hands
Grey Knights
DeathWatch
Primaris Marines
Raptors

Chaos Space Marines:
Black Legion
Deathguard
Thousand Sons
Emperors Children
World Eaters
Alpha Legion
Iron Warriors
Night Lords
Word Bearers

I think that is the reason.

My hope is that if they contracted out production then we might see them for sale through online retailers that ship to the US

I for one welcome our new Chaos brethren when they seek us in exile

Cringe.

Steel Legion is know for being tanky

>You could technically have elf Sigmarines.

No.

The battletome says HUMAN SOULS. Human heroes. No Aelves or Duadrin. Those guys have their own gods.

>in exchange for a Blackstone Fortress.

I thought Abaddon only had one of those now given he only captured two in the Gothic War and one of those two was lost to a Necron fleet.

If you're counting individual chapters, Google Forgeworld chapter tactics for a bunch more

An user in a previous thread (more than 3 thread ago I reckon) said that GW contracted out production to a local firm.

Why are you cringing about the lore? The End of Empires can make even the Emperor its bitch.

Do you mind if I shill my eBay stuff here?
It's going really cheap and they're almost out of time.

I unironically would not give a fuck.
Autistic tears would even sustain me, then.

I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. All the pics I saw were male Sigmarines so I assumed they had the same SM rules until that model came out.

Crimson Slaughter got their own supplement, and Primaris Marines probably won't be its own faction but will eventually replace the infantry units of every other loyalist SM faction

makes sense

I'll just have to check amiami and ebay from time to time and hope for the best

The Armageddon Steel Legion is "Man, I sure do think those WW2 German Panzer divisions where swell." the army.

99.99% of the IG models and art are male, but we know female guardsmen do exist

They have tanks, but their focus is Mechanized, which is very different. Not so different I wouldn't try them because my Army uses a mix of foot, mech, and armored units, though.

I imagine they'll get a very mechvet-centered bonus, Cadians or Modians something infantry flavored, Elysians I'm betting lots of scout and deep strike, and Kriegers artillery.

But none of them are known for their tanks. All of them have a very Infantry or Combined Arms flavor to them.

Three.

One was blown up in the Gothic war.
Two was blown up by the Phalanx above Cadia, and had its remnants used by Abaddon to crack Cadia in half.
Three was given to Huron and it's functional.

> one of those two was lost to a Necron fleet.

Things would be a lot easier if people removed EoT's dick from their mouths. Stop sucking on it, you fgt.

Upset? none, confused? a lot

Imperial Guard:
Cadia
Krieg
Catachan
Elysian (D-99 are the same guys?)

Sisters of Battle:
Nothing

Imperial Agents all the bastards:
Malleus
Hereticus
Xenos
Assassins

Tau:
Tau
Farsight Enclaves

Orks:
Poor bastards

Necrons:
Same Story

Tyranids and Genstealer Cult:
Hive Fleets
Genstealer Cult

Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequins
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Harlequins

Honey but no, you got Squated before the Sisters. I'm so sorry.

>art are male
Not since Only War was released.

No, its more "Man, Halftracks and Space-BMPs are the bomb!"

They have tanks, but they only have room in their hearts for Chimera-chan!

I'm happy of your happiness f-faggot
!

why are you so upset about EoT

It was memorable, and basically the jewel on andy chamber's crown.

And watch Huron literally never use it because he can't have more spotlight than Abaddon.

Nop they are their own thing now.

Enjoy your dead Space Marine army.

The Purge are a renegade chapter with rules in Siege of Vraks.

More FW Badab chapters:
Exorcists
Mantis Warriors
Executioners
Angels Revenant
Red Hunters
Star Phantoms
Minotaurs
Fire Hawks
Astral Claws

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Forge_World_Space_Marine_Chapter_Tactics_V2.pdf

Also Primaris are out of place on this list.

Weird the undead guys must have been human skeletons then.

Where in the regiment did you find the hair dye for those bangs?
>It's-
-And don't say it's the blood of your enemies. We both know it would've dried brown and sticky by now.

Because it was retconned nearly two decades ago. There is no point in bringing it up but to confuse the newfags.
Girlyman acquired the Hand of Darkness and the Eye of Night. He will be taking the Fortress from Huron pretty soon.

which sm chapters got their asses kicked during gatyhering storymie

Primaris Marines are your brothers (please don't bully)

EoT is glorious stop pretending Fall of Cadia makes sense or is remotely passable.

Maybe it they called it the 14th so it doesn't clash with existing lore mentioning Cadia existing after the 13th and hell even in the M42. I can leave the last one go but come on why try to erase the 13th.

official statement is that a model can stay on the base it originally came with.

There are no undead guys in the Stormcast. The Relicators wear skull masks.

that is ffg material right? aside from some RT era models and the last chancers, where have female guardsmen appeared either in art or models? And yet they are talked about from time to time.

I suppose it is like cis female 40k players. They exist and are talked about quite a lot, but rarely seen.

Post your marinelet stuff.

What is it, k

I don't recall anyone getting their ass handed on those books beside some Eldar Craftworld and even then not really.

Look at they are their own thing. Marines basically got Squated. I'll be surprise if GW makes more normal marines.

Female marines wouldn't be any worse than everything else they've done to 40k recently. I'm past the point of caring.

There was a catachan female grenadier, as well. But beyond that, not much, sadly.
Now if only GW could start sculpting some more female guardswomen... AND UPTADE THE SISTERS, ALREADY, OMFG

The forces of the Anglican 3rd met a horrible threat today Veeky Forums. Once again they would meet the forces of the Traitor Legions specifically the Death Guard and by circumstance only had the lightest of vehicles and a massive force of infantry. Played a 1000pt game of Deadlock you lads interested in a batrep?

Best female character I've seen in video games in a long time.

Female Commissar model. Female Catachan Grenade Launcher trooper. Tanith First and Only, including a model. Xenonian Regiment in the 3rd ed. Guard codex. The Space Marine computer game. Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

On the good side Marines got Squated first.

Even if SoB are gone for 8th, we can die knowing marines got the boot first.

do it up good sir

>Marines are getting squated
>Tau OP
>Nids NPC
>DA are gay
>Chaos is best step dad
>Repeat ad nauseam every thread
Fuck I wish mods would actually do something other then ban people who say nigger.

>A-aniki

Chapter Tactics still apply on top of Primaris. You can have Space Wolf Primaris or Blood Angel Primaris. They're a type of marine, they aren't a chapter.

ebay.ie/itm/302313652923
ebay.ie/itm/302313656835
ebay.ie/itm/302313661820
ebay.ie/itm/302313663701

Thinking about starting a marine faction, would it be feasible to build an army 100% out of the Primaris for the dev squads, tacticals, assault etc... may have to compromise and not bring any of the actual Primaris unit to not get confusing?

Most of the female players I know don't go to their LFGS, they play privately with other friends. I imagine that's how most female players do it.

Marinelets, when will they learn?

just wait for those units to get proper primaris releases ya daft cunt

Do eet and I will post my Vostroyan boys.

Why do you even want them? They're just regular tactical marinelets.

Wait and see.

We might get Primaris everything soon since marines are a dead faction. Prepare for years of Primaris updated while the rest of the armies keep their 1997- 2007 models

Fuck youre dumb.

Is that a ten year old or a midget?

they are going to be chapters user its the honest truth that marines are getting squatted. literally the second gw gets all their molds ready for the whole line of dlc marines its over

may already be at the point that no mini marines will be released anymore

I have a friend who played Dark Elves... before warhammer got canned for AOS.
Which is sad. Her army is nicely painted.

That's basically the most confusing kind of WYSIWYG violation. I wouldn't be surprised if some TOs take issue with it.

she fit the role of guard lieutenant well, right down to not wearing a helmet because of course people in charge never wear helmets

but I've seen other good female characters in games

"Resonance of Fate" had a good female lead. "The Last Story" had a god awful female lead, but the female side characters were written by someone else who did a much better job. "Firewatch" too.

There was a GW female commissar model? Either way there were a few old models here and there, but they are very rare.

Cadian sprues turn 15 years old this year. I'm hoping they get an update with more options.

unless they are a couple bucks each including shipping I wouldn't bother as there appears to be nothing special about them.

Forgot Space Wolves and nobody notice.

Oh boy the axe is real boys! Nobody cares about Head&Shoulders any more!

Is that some crazy other ebay? I can't sign into that one