Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1503: Ultranumb Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1103#post-35097040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seeing the Thanos and Death discussion last thread gives me a concern, anons.

My wife is practically a death goddess and queen of the damned. Stronk, beautiful, has been taking cues and learning from many of the multiverse's other death god / shinigami-like beings.

Am I going to have Thanos being an angry twat at any point, should we meet.

He won't try to steal your waifu, he wants his death. He'll be a jealous prick though and be passive aggressive and whiny.

Hey NuBee, would admantium bones be enough to stop myself from being a Deku when I use OFA? I kinda don't wanna break my bones when doing moves.

Reminder that this elf goddess apparently turns captured boys into her eternal shota servants.

Depends on which universe' Thanos we're talking here. Some Thanos' may just be jealous and dickish, as says, while others may actually attempt to Murder The Hypotenuse, borrowing a trope.

Basically roll a d100 on jump-entry. The higher the result, the more he'll get himself involved.

Rolled 681 (1d816)

Lets roll up that jump list and see what we get!
Hopefully something we didn't get before.

Street Sharks

Your muscles would still fuck themselves even if your bones can't break. Just get used to the power and limit initial power output and you'll be okay. Deku's problem is due in part to him constantly going past his limitations.

There are plenty of death goddesses in Mahvel. Thanos only truly desires the Multiversal Cosmic Embodiment of Death.

>Unlimited Burgers
Well, I don't dislike it.
Good job, Many

>something something comic line of "Thanos realized actual Death won't notice him, so he settles for abducting as many death goddesses as possible to make a harem."

Update for the Orcs and Goblins.
1. Racial Perks Done!
2. Origin Perks Done!

Neat. I'm guessing this is more Warhammer Fantasy stuff? Mind showing what you have so far?

Are there Males who can access mankai in the novels Nika?

Yep it's Warhammer Fantasy Battle and I just got done it's still heavily in the WIP stages, but I guess sure. Here you go!

Cool, reading now.

just got done making perks
Jumped a word there.

Hey, I saw where would said you wanted a Marvel Cosmic/Space jump. Any chance you'll make it?

Just get a healing factor. What, are you scare off a little agonizing pain?

I can't tell if I love or hate the intro. It's hilarious to have an Orc narrate the intro, but it's a pain in the ass to read.

Yeah Mork (Or was it Gork) was fun to play with but I'd have people wanting to lynch me if I wrote the entire thing in Orc-Speak.

How does A Verdant Place function post-jump?

Just as it details you tap into the Waaagh! to get things done, making your spells safer (for you) and more powerful. Also your basically a Lore 3 in whatever Waaagh! Magic you may know.

Black Orc should cost 100cp, if you make them cost anything.

>forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1103#post-35097040
>You'd better be grateful.
Lol, look at this cucklord.

>SB
Why do we care again?

Reasonable. I was thinking around there too. Thanks for the feedback!

Hasn't that actually happened before tho

For a drawback, how about having to lead the Black Orcs in their revolt against the Chaos Dwarves?

I'll note it down.

How would people here feel about a Flip Flappers jump?

I don't know what that is.

Depending on how many beauty perks she has / how deathly she is, Thanos might go "Yknow what close enough."

I distinctly recall that show being cute (but also sad?), though I haven't actually watched it.

Do it.

If you want to, anyway.

I'd be happy to see it.

Yes.

>SB
We don't, but shitposters gonna shitpost.

>Unreliable Canon
So... we basically find ourselves in someone's Alternate History fanfic? Or even a full-on AU, like going to Star Wars and discovering the politics/history resembles Star Trek or Mass Effect (just with blasters and hyperdrives)? "WILDLY" covers fucktons, perhaps put some examples in the Notes?

Rolled 637 (1d816)

Nobody gonna roll? I'll do it then...

Yes, we do. There are people who are members of both sites, and their jumpmakers keep trying to peddle their product here. You not caring would be like an American not caring that a violent coup has destabilized the Canadian government.

No, we really don't. If someone wants to post a build on another board, I am in fact going to give a NEGATIVE amount of fucks about it.

SimAnt. This jump is fucking weird. It has some pretty good perks. But seriously, what the fuck is this jump?

MEANWHILE:

Jump #334: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>Wheel of Fortune: The path of destiny.
>Age: 2600
>Location: Bad Future
Okay, the Bad Future zones always had the best music, but this one is a PARTICULARLY crapsack world. I'm going to have to fix that.
>Identity: Scientist
>Race: Asgardian (-600)
Keeping that theme going.
>Drawbacks: (+1800) Uncivil War, Infinity Quest, Ragnarok, The Last Avenger
Being T̶a̶y̶l̶o̶r̶ Jumper is suffering. The warehouse is locked, I'm wasting away, the world's been partitioned between rival villain factions, and the demons are poised to invade.
>Scientist Supreme (Free, Scientist)
Well, knowledge of every scientific field is definitely a thing I need right now.
>Form And Function (2150)
Are you implying the portal gun was somehow NOT perfect in design?
>Broadcast Booster (2050, Scientist)
Oh, now this is useful. A radio signal anywhere on the planet? Oh my, yes.
>Robotics (1900, Scientist)
Ah, now this will be useful. Sure, I already have some pretty solid knowledge of robotics, but the local multiverse's robotic science is more than a bit different.
>Alloy Smith (1750, Scientist)
Oh here we go. You know what I like to make alloys of? Vibranium and adamantium. I'll be doing that.
>Armored Jumper (1550, Scientist)
Suits of armor are good.
>Sleek And Efficient (1350, Scientist)
Suits of armor that don't look like crap are better.
>Nine Realms Craftsman (1050, Asgardian)
Suits of armor that can conduct magic are best, not that I'm going to find any Uru ore on this planet, but I can fake it.
>Mighty (Free, Asgardian)
Might makes right. And I feel mighty.
>Supreme Mind (750, Scientist)
I'm not going to lie, this is a very useful thing to me. It's not the perfect memory that I already have, though being able to refine it to the most minute details is helpful. It's not the calculation and resistance to mind manipulation. It's the infinite memory. I'll never have to worry about my brain getting too full of memories, instead of just... hoping.

>a violent coup has destabilized the Canadian government.
Wait, really?! When?!

Ah, wait. This is bait, isn't it? Got me all excited for a moment...

>Get full drawbacks
>Put all points into your Army
>Spend all Army Points on Squigs
>????
>Profit

>Elder Elementalism: Pyrokinesis (350, Asgardian)
As thought my already-existing control of flame as an Asgardian wasn't enough, now I have control of flame as an Asgardian. --wait, that feels redundant. Then again, you don't see Thor conjuring flames as hot as the sun's, do you? Always did love fiendfyre.
>The Infinity Gauntlet (300)
Well, I already have a couple on display in the warehouse. Why not start with a blank one?
>"How Do I Shot Web?" (200)
It's really not that hard. All you have to do is...
>Asgardian Feast (Free, Asgardian)
I'm not going to lie, this is at least 40% of why I went Asgardian.
>Stark's Blueprints (0, Scientist)
This is a little different than Howard Stark giving me the chance to look at his blueprints. At my fingertips, I have detailed schematics for anything and everything Tony Stark has ever made on Earth.

I enter the jump, and find it is not what I expected. It's not 2009, it's 2029. I'm not standing here in my armor, but Tony Stark's Mark II, and an empty Infinity Gauntlet over my right hand.

I try to connect to the local internet, only to find there is no such animal. There aren't satellites in orbit - we've got the Kessler effect. Someone blew up a couple satellites, and the cascade destroyed them all and left it impossible to put anything up there. Instead, I use a few scrying spells to get an idea as to the current state of the world.

Short version: it's bad. Long version: it's really, REALLY bad. I've got to fix this and fix it FAST, because it's most likely my fault that this horrible amalgam of a future happened. Would be nice if I could pick the drawbacks myself, but then, I'd never take any and breeze through.

It looks like it's my turn to undo the future that is Aku I mean Marvel.

I've made a good dent into this these last few days and am ready for some feedback. Let me know if the narration is working or if I've made any major fuck ups with the lore

I seem to have arrived in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico, so the best thing to do is to break out skills from Minecraft and Ark to build a quick bunker in the side of a nearby mesa, then set up equipment to dig into the ground and mine for raw resources to convert with clapchemy. Once I've got that going and I can start converting what I need in reasonable quantities... it's time to break out the Stark designs. Sure, I've got plenty memorized, but with the limit of having to use in-universe tech? Within a week I've got an assembly line cranking out the Iron Legion.

First things first: send the Legion out. Force recon. It would seem that a Hydra enclave saw them flying about firstly, though, which meant I could ... not cast the Taboo, because I had no magic focus that could sufficiently channel it. Well, on the plus side, the conflict meant I could apparate over to the aftermath, then interrogate and deal with the survivors in the usual way. Hydra getting paranoid over an apparent battle and finding nothing but glassed soil is not a thing that inspires confidence in them.

I revise the Iron Legion's design a bit and add more assembly lines, start producing LMDs to infiltrate the remaining human population, and give it a few more weeks. The next recon-in-force is targeted - there are more Sentinels than I expected, and again I have to intervene directly. Master Mold is less than pleased that a non-human is interfering. Master Mold is extremely angry that I've used my technopathy to subvert the Sentinels that weren't destroyed.

Master Mold was not built to withstand focused heat with sustained temperatures approaching three million degrees Kelvin.

Say, that's awfully handy. I wonder where else this can apply? The Iron Legion keeps running interference and starts aiding survivors, while I focus on important things like figuring out how to utilitize the Infinity Gauntlet as a semi-useful magical focus and finding ways to use it that could be useful.

Baron Zemo was not born to withstand temperatures approaching three million degrees. Neither was MODOK or the Wonder Men, who it apparently disrupted due to rapid heating and cooling. For that matter, it turns out that there are remarkably few mutants who can survive someone setting them on fire, and of the ones who can, even fewer can survive the heat of the sun's corona. Apocalypse was not one of these, though I'll gloss over the details - but I burned a one-up on that fight. I cut Sinister a deal though - he saw the writing on the wall. He's in a pod and I'll be dropping him off elsewhere later.

Oh, speaking of things that could be useful, I started finding artifacts. Forgotten trinkets. And those trinkets led me to more powerful things. And then I stumbled across an Infinity Gem, which fit into my Gauntlet handily. And then I found a hammer, a weapon of war that was as heavy as honor. While I was retriving that, I came across the last Hydra survivor - the Red Skull - who tried to use the time gem on me. On literally anyone else in that universe that might have worked, but... well, he tried to age me and it really didn't achieve anything at all. He tried to freeze me, and much the same. Incidentally, it turns out that Infinity Gems CAN in fact withstand extreme heat. Which is handy.

Loki... well, that was a lot more complex. It turns out that Asgardian ice powers are a hard counter to Asgardian fire powers, though the Destroyer was reduced to slag (which I stole and crafted a workable magical focus with, thank you for the Uru, Loki). He and I bantered during the fight. A lot. Then talked. Then he tried to stab me in the back but I was trying to stab him in the back. And then we parted. The next time we fought, in my right hand I had a staff of Uru that looked like it was wrought iron inlaid with runes, and in my left, Mjolnir. He was displeased by this and stopped holding back. And so did I.

Here' an oddly specific thing I made.

I hear that the parts of the city of Santa Fe that weren't glassed should thaw sometime next summer.

Hela showed up, quite irate, when I found the soul gem and slotted that into the gauntlet, stopping the flow of souls going to her. I expected it to be a temporary measure, certainly, but enough to anger her. Thor's hammer was notably heavier after it split her head like a ripe watermelon, but needs must when the Devil drives. She had no right to our dead, and I fixed that. Most of the dead elected to go on to their reward, but there were some who chose to come back, and I gave them LMDs to possess to that end as returners.

Also it turns out that demons don't like fighting someone that it literally hurts to look at, and who can unleash giant holy fuckoff beams. No, literally, the beams are holy elemental attacks. I almost felt guilty about that.

The Kree? Honestly, they split into a couple of factions and started sending back false reports. Turns out that some of them actually make passable heroes when they want, though the majority of them were not willing to negotiate. Fortunately, a bit of precognition and a few exploded heads in the right places did wonders in getting intelligent Kree promoted into positions where they can negotiate an armistice. Last I heard, Mar-Vell was in charge of them and they were helping clean up Europe.

(Hey, nobody said I had to kill them off, just make sure they aren't a threat and humanity survives.)

You claim that now, but what will you say when the SBer steals your threadspace and rapes your waifus?

Galactus' heralds showed up the day after I found the sixth infinity gem, which was good because I'd noticed my power waning noticably over the course of the last year. Having duplicate gems and a duplicate gauntlet was amusing, if pointless, because the duplicates wouldn't cure what was going wrong with me.

The Heralds were not exactly happy to see someone who had a goodly amount of power show up willing to fight them if necessary, and they were much less amused by it when they realized I had a match for the Power Cosmic - by way of teleporting them to the far side of the galaxy. When Galactus arrived, he joined them. Sure, the gems were rendered inert after I used them to cure myself and that future universe reset itself to the present day, but that just meant I got to collect them all again!

...except they were now scattered across the galaxy.

God damn it. Well, no time like the present. At least this time, I can leave the Earth's last-ditch protection in the hands of trusted LMDs who manage a Praetorian Legion consisting of duplicates of my PROPER armor.

Ver 0.6
Gave a minor buff to/elaborated upon the Capstones, added a note to Messiah perk, clarified parts of the Scenario, and then added a note about Trump Card. Intensely buffed the Hero Castle.

You have to choose between being able to create Seeds or using the buffed Hero System, and you can freely hand out the power to become a hero with it as long as the person has a smartphone or you have the means to make one, but the system is still very reliant on talent for most of its actual power.

You'd have to train a regular person to become an olympic level athlete in order to have them compete with a talented person.

Also for some reason I didn't answer or see your question about Mankai. IIRC the part about it activating against the user's will isn't a thing as far as I'm aware of, so you'd be safe. Going Mankai is a completely conscious and willing choice to make. You can't force a Hero to activate it against their will.

It's a battle royale.

Looks good so far.

>No wolf sisters of battle drawback

I haven't got any drawbacks yet user.

Do you mean Wolf and Sister? As in the Comic? I thought I was the only one to read those.

I can jam to this.

No it's a reference to what'd happen if Russ had come back instead of Guilliman.

But they'll give us our own chatrooms and allow us to profit from rollfagging!

Question. Can I give the other Sisters Stands with the Arrowhead, or would that be considered HERESY? Yes, the capitalization is necessary.

Gimme gimme gimme!!!

>Supreme Mind
So how does this compare to other INT boosting perks? I heard Genius is likely better but also that that one might only apply more towards inventing R&M stuff?

I... huh. I like the idea and presentation. Really sparse, though.

Although I'd like more variations (The Culling, Hunger Games, H1Z1: KotH, etc) for the flavor/setup, even if they'd just have the same discounts as some of the ones already in.

There will be some leeway with your out of jump powers providing you can explain it as a gift from the Emperor. I think if you spin it the right way you could give them a stand.

It's really...anemic. Would you like some ideas for how to improve this?

I feel like the specific selection of ARMA and PUBG is a little weird, since they're both in the same genre of survival arena games along with H1Z1 and a dozen knockoffs.

There's really too few drawbacks considering it's a gauntlet and you're normally supposed to get all your CP from those, to the point where you had to resort to giving CP out, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

There's basically nothing on offer either. Give me some time and I can come up with a shit-ton of stuff you can offer that's thematically appropriate based off a dozen other properties.

>The Culling
Reference to Bliss' bad CYOA?

>Your mind is one of the greatest in the world; like a super computer in its ability to process and store information. This means you have perfect memory, down to the minutest details, as well as a greater ability to process information on the fly. Your enhanced mind gives near instantaneous calculative abilities, as well as greatly increased resistance to unwanted mental effects, such as mind control, insanity, and memory alteration. Furthermore, your mind has infinite “memory”, as well as the ability to handle having infinite memory without being detrimental to your health. Finally, you can remove unwanted memories and information, in case you want to do some spring cleaning or remove potentially hazardous information.

Honestly it looks like it's less a matter of actual intellect as opposed to raw processing and details. I imagine that if you could combine this with Interference Engine from Worm, you'd basically be the precog to end all precogs without actually being precognitive.

Oh, and you'd get migraines every thirty seconds of processing from overloading the shard with data.

It's just a big meaty helping of the emperor's power manifesting as a divine angel to protect them, of course.

Good. Then by the will of the Emperor, I will help the Adeptus Sororitas Stand Proud. Thanks for letting me know, Strike-Chan.

pdf's text still says 0.5?

I didn't want to touch Hunger Games because I figured a jump for it would come around. I simply hadn't though of The Culling, might go in and add it at some point.

Yeah, I cooked it up rather quickly and honestly I couldn't think of how to make something like this really fleshed out. I kind of feel like this is more writing material than anything else (and using perks and items kind of cheapens it, but just imo). H1Z1 just felt redundant to me.

Shit, it does. Don't worry, it's version 0.6. It's the improved version, even if I forgot to change the text.

>On top of these any of the capstone gifts you selected above will be amplified while transformed.
Huh, interesting. I kind of like it, actually. Makes the capstone booster less critical a purchase, but still highly valuable.

I should also have had Illusionist in there - forgot it. Apparently if you get a discount from a background and a race, you get the power for free. No wonder Loki hated me so much.

How does Health Bar work with other perks like it (such as the one in SAO, Minecraft, The Gamer etc)? Does it stack with them?

I'm glad you like it. I felt it fitted with the way Living Saints appeared during times of crisis and vanished before the dust settled.

Yeah, just stack 'em.

Do you retain skills?

It's a generic, so you shouldn't worry about touching upon other settings for materiel. Honestly, you shouldn't even be mentioning specific settings in a generic since you can pretty easily draw upon a large number of sources for inspiration without having to dig to deep into any of them.

But in any case, this definitely isn't anywhere close to done, as it doesn't cover a huge amount of the genre trappings in most death game properties. It's also really weird that you have two third person shooter specific properties in your jump but have a generic 'novel' background as well.

>tfw when you're bastardizing Harpoon to run the air combat for your Strike Witches jump because you're a huge fucking nerd and bought the Nam options
The missile PKs are probably a bit high, but it's quite fun. Witches circling over Dong Hoi covering the Thuds, one picks up inbound, two of the witches vector off and fire off Sparrows, knocking the inbound Farmers out of the sky because having three times the range of your opponent is OP as hell. Sparrow stronk, Atoll weak. Next time I bring out the Fishbeds, and the Guidelines.

Fuck, nvm. Ignore me.

>Not getting Harpoon and the power for perfect sense of balance to be Spiderman/Attack on Titan

Looks great strike-chan, But this is important. Will there be a S.o.B companion based off of one of the characters from bolter to koroko?

Are the "Taisha" basically the government / ruling council / head honchos of the island? It's not clear.

Four was best girl. Who wouldn't want to waifu her?

Wow, this is... pretty good, actually. Like, seriously, good work. Who are you and what have you done with Strike-Chan?

She was the only one who wasn't fucking pigeons, so she's also the only one that's reasonable to waifu at all.

Yeah. They're basically the feds running the island.

I actually think I felt knuckles when that back handed complement hit.

Fuck you too user,

>Yeah, I cooked it up rather quickly and honestly I couldn't think of how to make something like this really fleshed out.
How about you actually fucking try then? This jump is frankly a fucking travesty. Arma and PUBG shouldn't be origins here, let alone as two separate backgrounds. No items, no perks, and no drawbacks. There's so little to it that I'm frankly shocked, because you could have easily added in so much more, even if you insist in hyperfocusing on generic third person shooters, which you didn't bother doing, on a meta level and in context level.

Rood.

Jump #335: Ultimate Spider-Man
>Temperance, reversed: Energies dispersed through conflicts in personal, business, and spiritual matters.
>Age: 29
>Location: Midtown High School
>Identity: Super Crook
I am not a crook! I prefer to think of it as stealing from the rich to give to the poor. I'm poor, incidentally, a teacher's salary is not much.
>Professional Courtesy (Free, Crook)
Well, at least I know how to find a mark and make contacts.
>Time For Our Crossover! (800)
You'd be surprised how much a substitute teacher gets around, honestly.
>I Need A Team (600, Crook)
I have the absolute intention of using this to play both sides against the middle.
>Digital Spider Sense (200)
While this is useful to use for myself, I'm more intending to outfit my Life Model Decoys with it. Not to mention that their construction integrates some notable upgrades - they've all functionally got low-level Alexandria Packages with the exception of flight, and I'm working on integrating some contra-grav devices internally in their design.
>Super Powers (+400)
Extra points are always helpful.
>Superhuman Attributes (300)
I can lift, I can take a punch, and I'm way more dodgy than I ought to be. Always a helpful thing, I'd say.
>Energy Conversion: Fire (0)
Aha! Now I can become fire. That's pretty nifty actually. I'm not actually going to use this to fight, though, this is mostly for making cool entrances and exits, and for transformation sequences. And I'll have to use it at least once to make Tony Stark think I've spontaneously combusted.

"Mister Parker! We missed you yesterday."
>"Oh! Er, sorry, Mr. Cross-"
"Excuses don't matter, Mister Parker, just results. If the results of skipping class are worthwhile, then fine, just try not to make it a habit unless you're going to go... save the city from Doctor Octogonapus, or something."
>"I, uh. What?"
"You're still expected to make up yesterday's work, incidentally. Chapter twelve. All of it.
>*sigh* "Yes, sir."

"Spider-Man! We meet again."
>"I don't think we've met before. Who are you?"
"... we meet again, for the first time! For the last time!"
>"Riiight. Hey, I don't suppose I can convince you to turn yourself in, can I?"
"I haven't technically broken any laws yet."
>"You are literally standing there about to go in the skylight. Who are you?"
"I have many names! There are those that call me... Spider-Man!"
>"What?"
"Yeah, that happened at a costume party last Halloween."
>"Aw, c'mon, man."
"Look, this is gonna get old soon. Let's make with the fighty."
>"Whoa! Hold on a second, let's talk this out!"
"Not everyone is willing to talk out their problems, like a bully in gym class! Sometimes you have to slap 'em around a little!"
>"Isn't fighting banned in school?"
"Sometimes it's worth getting suspended! Wait, wait, time out."
>"Time out?"
"Yeah, hold on a minute. Who taught you how to throw a punch?"
>"Uh... sort of been learning as I go."
"Spidey, you've got to follow through on the punch and not pull the blow, otherwise you'll end up jumping around fighting until you wear them down. Though that's not a bad tactic for some guys. Come on, try it again. No, seriously."
>"...If you insist?"
"There you go! See, that's much better."
>"But I didn't even hit you!"
"Well, no, I knew you were going to swing at me, but the point is, follow through and plan ahead! Exactly like that! Punch, kick, it's all in the mind."
>"Were you even going to break in here?"
"What, break into the bank after hours? Are you nuts? The cops would be all over me. I've got work in the morning, I can't be doing that."
>"...Look, man, if you aren't going to take this seriously, I'm out."