Yu-Gi-Oh thread

Yu-Gi-Oh thread.

Reminder that if your deck can't pull off a 2nd turn OTK 100% of the time, it's bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sDExe3GcBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>discard this to counter something that makes them shuffle their deck.

Literally game loss: the card

I don't get it. It seems to be really good at stopping searcher cards.

>second turn
>OTK

I play TurboExodia, so I don't need the extra turn.

Thoughts on Yu-G-Oh's newest semon demon backup secretary?

DUDE NEW BANLIST LMAO

Oh shit you are right
Norden Banned
Terrortop and TGLG Limited

Skullcrobat, Wisdom Eye magician and Pendulum call are all free because they are useless.

Effective from June 12.

Ban Bull and Shark, Top to 2, Norden to 1, ban Ghost Ash.

he's right. you're thinking FTK.

anyone here a fan of underused archetypes and non-competitive play? I got an Alien Gol'Gar lockdown deck that's loads of fun to play, but it's slow as shit so it sucks in the tourny scene

Let me delve into this a little further.

Forbidden:
-Zoodiac Broadbull
-Bahamut Shark
-Ghost Ash and Joyous Spring
-Rescue Ferret (OCG)

Limited:
-Elder Entity Norden
-Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
-Toadally Awesome
-El Shaddoll Construct
-Draconic Diagram

Semi-Limited:
-Zoodiac Barrage
-Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit
-Speedroid Terrortop
-Solemn Strike
-Firewall Dragon (OCG)

The main point is to eliminate huge negators and Towers-esque boss monsters. Strike and Ghost Ogre are debatable, but I really think Broadbull should've been hit.
Oh yeah, about Firewall and Ferret, those two are more just predictions if anything.

Also, just throw Master Peace on as a 0 and Metaltron at 1, then maybe put diagram at 2, idk. I've never played True Dracos.

>Norden banned

Fuck

Seems like you fell right into my trap.

I'm only playing themed decks with my little brother (he is 12, I'm 28), games take a lot of turns. I don't feel bad. He constantly says I could win tournaments, but in truth I'd have to play against these insane 2 or 3 turn kill decks and would loose 99.9% of the time, and I'd have to play with some of the shadiest and cringy people I've ever seen. No thanks.

I play Heart of the Underdog, Flame-Princess, Charmers (and their grown-up versions) Gusto, Six Samurai, Envoys, Rituals and some other decks I don't remember right now - too lazy to open the box in my game room.

He plays Elemental Heroes, Monarchs, Knights of the round table, Exodia and a few others.

Any other casuals here? What are you playing? With whom?

What does Veeky Forums think about the new link cards? Any spoilers out for them yet?

cringiest*

fucking phone

>and I'd have to play with some of the shadiest and cringy people I've ever seen
Pic related and vid related.
youtube.com/watch?v=-sDExe3GcBg

>His wife's daughter...

Don't understand me wrong, I'm a fat neckbeard myself but I know how to behave halfway decent in public, be polite and how to maintain good hygiene. Three things some of those people seem to lack. Somehow YGO attracts a lot of strange folk. It's the same with most of the 40k guys. And although most seem nice, I always think they are a little "off". Hard to explain.

Btt though, pic is one of my favourite cards in the game.

REAL NIGGA CARD GAME

The only deck I really play is my psychic theme deck. I don't take it too seriously and frankly rarely play, usually just convince a buddy to dig out his old cards for nostalgia. It's not the best deck, my synergy isn't amazing but in all honesty I just love the aesthetic.

(I know it's completely ridiculous to have pic related gusto card in my psychic deck but how could I exclude such a qt?)

It's the same I'd do, although pic related is my waifu.

I just love themed decks. Are you running any neat combos in your deck?

I'll check this thread again tomorrow if it's still alive, sadly I have to sleep now for I am a wageslave...

It'll probably be up. The last two threads stayed for a while.

I'm casual too! I play with some buddies that played the game as kids. One was kind of into the competitive scene but they've never had an issue staying within the scope of the play groups interest/skill. They definitely have some next level strategy, but when your opponent out skulls you rather than playing more expensive cards losing ain't so bad.

Besides when we switch to magic we kinda beat on him as bad as we get it in some yugioh games.

Great time, I love ygo as a causal hobby. I have a skull servant deck, an insect deck that's pretty durdly but Hella fun, and a super illegal deck that had a lot of cards I played in a good stuff deck as a kid, I'm working on a warrior deck atm also but moneys tight. Also debating on making a ninja deck.

Post your favorite card.

These designs are so out of place. Those faces looks like it belongs to an entirely different series than ygo cards

>you should feel bad for playing it.

Yes? That is how you should feel about playing Yu-hi-oh outside of middle school.

Anyone should feel bad for having hobbies after preschool.

>implying lurking is not a hobby

You're right. I should kill myself. Life after reaching adulthood should only be about work. Fun is for children.

you're kidding right? yugioh is such a clusterfuck of art styles, anything fits.

I was in literal highschool when the game came overseas. We highschools bros loved it for like, 1 year or 2. Then we stopped caring and starting banging bitches.

How is that virginity going?

I literally had three children in highschool and a smokin' hot wife when the game came overseas. We married bros loved it for like, 1 year or 2. Then we stopped caring and started becoming impotent.

I got my wife into Yugioh. she plays dinos, fabled, and naturia. we have shittons of fun getting drunk, ignoring rules, and pretending to be from the tv show

I was literally too busy flunking out to play card games.

I wish I was joking.

>ignoring rules
gross, please die

I just play with my friends really. Games just fairly cheap and fun if you stay away from tier 1 decks.

I have a fluffal deck which I love but I'll have to change up a bit with Norden banned. Also a raid raptor deck. Might try to put together an invoked deck when prices get lower. Friend runs ddd

Can any modern trap card compete?

Does it work on this card?

So what do you guys use when playing online? YGOpro?

ygopro mostly. DuelingBook for tournaments or when I play meta decks.

It's funny to see all the 2000 attack 4 star monsters with drawbacks

This guy right here. I pulled it from the first pack I ever bought, so I'll allways have a soft spot for him.

Oops, forgot image

I love this card so much, I try and put it in every deck i can, especially the meta ones.

Casual player here. I play a deck that's part Batterymen, part Gun Dragons. If I'm really lucky, I shred your face in one turn. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of attempts to set up graveyard and some coin flip destruction.

Slightly related, the main antagonist of VRAINS uses a gun dragon archetype.

Some friends and I bought cards, we all play casually only for fun... I use a magic counters deck (Pic related) I really like it, I may not win that much, but I have so much fun with it

Outta my way, filthy casuals.

Anyone here try predaplants? I'm a sucker for those fuckin weird counter decks like Aliens and Venoms so I'm curious to know if those things are alright or not.

Solemn Strike should be Limited or ban its just a better warning

Solemn Strike
>When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, or a monster effect is activated: Pay 1500 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Solemn Warning
>When a monster(s) would be Summoned, OR when a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

both negate Special Summons
however Strike does monster effects and is 500 LP cheaper, and a normal summon in this game isn't typically a big deal.

>and a normal summon in this game isn't typically a big deal.
Not exactly true. A lot of what enables excessive SSing is monster effects. You negate a normal summon while your opponent has no monsters, it'll cripple them hard. Plus, strike only negates inherent special summons, it doesn't work on special summons from card effects like polymerization etc.

Scratch that last part, I confused it with black horn of heaven. The rest is still true.

Shit, scratch this entire post, I was right. I read the last part of warning's effect and thought I was reading strike's effect. My first post was 100% correct. Fuck, I'm tired.

Any tips on how to run a CyberAngel or Subterror casual deck?

Coming back to Yu-Gi-Oh for the first time since childhood, picked up the Spellcaster's Command deck.

I'm looking to improve it, can anyone r8 my deck?

-Monsters-
2x Apprentice Magician
2x Breaker, the Magical Warrior
1x Defender, the Magical Knight
1x Endymion, the Master Magician
3x Magical Exemplar
3x Mythical Beast Cerberus
2x Night's End Sorcerer
2x Strength of Prophecy

-Spells-
1x Book of Moon
2x Magical Citadel of Endymion
1x Raigeki
1x Soul Charge
3x Spell Power Grasp
1x Spellbook Star Hall
1x Spellbook of Fate
1x Spellbook of Life
3x Spellbook of Power
2x Spellbook of Wisdom
3x Spellbook of the Master
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Terraforming

-Traps-
2x Magician's Circle
1x Mirror Force

-Extra Deck-
1x Tempest Magician
1x Arcanite Magician
1x Explosive Magician

//I'll grab other toolbox xyz creatures as I go

I've been debating on dropping things to include 3x Threatening Roar for added protection.

I'm also completely unsure if I have the right idea with the monsters. My thoughts are breaker and defender offer utility while Cerberus charges up and battles any early game monsters dropped by my opponent, then Exemplar and Citadel build up counters and I can use Apprentice Magician to search out a tuner into a synchro finish via arcanite or tempest.

If that goes to shit, spellbook of life can help bail me out.

>inb4 why no spellbook of secrets/spellbook magician?
Shit man I can't afford that

The deck is too slow. You'd need to add more traps, otherwise your opponent will stop any of your attempts to set up spell counters.

Drop mirror force for a better *force trap, or a utility like solemn warning. Also, I'm not too familiar with spellbooks, but I'd recommend you run 2/3 terraforming (if your field spell is important to your strat) or none at all (and replace with something like upstart goblin).

>replace mirror force with storming mirror force or quaking mirror force
>cut swords of revealing light (too easy to get around)
>cut raigeki
>cut breaker
>cut defender
>consider royal magical library
>consider foolish burial
>consider burial from a different dimension
You should also consider adding some staples such as:
>Solemn Warning
>Solemn Strike
>MST
>Twin Twisters
>One Day of Peace
I don't know if it's the kind of thing you want to do, but a way of racking up spell counters quick is to pack 3 toon table of contents and 1 toon monster. It's a nice deck thinner and there's no limit to how many you can activate per turn.

If he can't afford Spellbook of Secrets or Spellbook Magician what makes you think he can afford Strike?

Well, I thought he might play on ygopro as well as in real life. Plus, strike will probably be reprinted eventually.

Why is High Priestess missing? Sorry i haven't played in a while and for a spellbook deck, it's rare not to see her.

>limit toad with the summoning engine already banned
for what purpose?

I love Royal Magical Library. I always thought Royal Magical Library was rather easy to destroy though? I'll tune up the decklist from these suggestions and post back in the morning.

What are the odds of a refined version of a deck like this standing up to true dragons or monarchs?

I'm shooting for a mix of spellbook and countercaster, trying to end games via arcanite and tempest magician.

I play mtg. When duel links came out it got some of my friends to bring their decks and some new ones to play between rounds. My old deck (gem-knights) was foiled and curled to hell over the years so basically unplayable. I bought a pure Lunalights deck, but one of them got butthurt over his inability to deal with Leo Dancer and refused to play against it so I had to play a shitty rock stun deck. It feels fucking bad spending money on a game I don't frequently play, but I got a shipment for subterrors and 2012 grandsoil psychic which ran me just under 150 dollars.

>mfw he said its bullshit and then pulls out a Dark World deck forcing me to sit there as he cycles through half his deck in one turn popping everything I have with grapha
Fuck Dragged Down so much.

For Royal Magical Library, the best strategy is to summon it when you know you'll activate a few spell cards. As long as you get a draw or 2, it did its job.

I have a deck that's a weird mix of Shaddolls, Predaplants, and Invoked.
I just thought I'd throw them together because they all rely on fusion summoning.
Haven't done much testing with it yet, but one thing I learned is that Grisaille Prison is really good.

True dragons? I assume you mean True Draco, so even if you went for the best possible version of the deck, you'd still end up losing most games. True Draco is just too good. As for Monarchs, they're not that good with 1 Pantheism 1 Ehther, so you could possibly beat them most of the time.

Hey, man, you might wanna add an Alchemist of black spells, it has a really cool effect

Also consider adding magician of faith. Being able to recycle your spells is nice, and she can be summoned face-down by apprentice magician's effect.

yugioh's artstyles range from cutesy and cartooney(ex decks like madolche and geargia) to semi-serious(dracoslayers, charmers) to goofy cartooney(toons, vehicroids) to edgy as fuck(dark world, DDD, burning abyss).

you really can't lock YGO down to one artstyle.

The diversity in themes from archetype to archetype is really one of its more endearing parts.

Sometimes when two different archetypes can be merged is a really neat flavor interaction too. Anyone remember the Trick or Treat Madolche-sideboard-into-Ghostrick deck from a few years ago? That was perfect.

for a while, I used to have fun with a 'birthday party' deck, which was madolche windups.

...then the party ship got banned.

All this talk about Madolche and the new incoming banlist made me remember that I won't be able to use the Terrortop engine for it anymore.
What can I replace it with?

He seems really funny to play with to be honest.

you can still use the metalfoes engine.

or PKs

>Reminder that if your deck can't pull off a 2nd turn OTK 100% of the time, it's bad and you should feel bad for playing it.
really, really fucking hate the fact that is considered the standard these days

unfortunately I really can't think of a good way to fix that(although I imagine the recent rules changes and how it fucks over Pendulum and XYZ stuff will help at least a little)

>recent rules changes
What changes?

Link monsters.

I'm going to guess he's talking about Links.
You can now have only one extra deck monster out at a time, but you can increase that by using Link Monsters.
I think the new rules just screw over Pendulum and Synchro, while Fusion and Xyz can still get by.

>links
>fucking over xyz.
The only real victim for xyz is super quanta like.

brilliant fusion is the model answer

I'm casual.

Most decks I make are themed and just for fun with a few friends. I do have a competitive deck (Dino/True King's in progress) for when the munchkin's come out and beat down a kid who's playing a starter deck and think they're cool.

I can't do tournaments. Some of the people that go to them are disgusting. They don't even shower.

This is the new queen of yugioh

Is breaker really not good enough to use as a 1 or 2 of? I figure he could provide a body early game and snipe out a back line when paired with citadel

breaker is awful nowadays. Pretty much any cards you're going to try and pop will be chainable or not really matter in the long run, and breaker's eff is too slow regardless. also, he eats up a normal summon for a slow S/T pop.

And this is the new king

I still can't believe they threw away the actual card game and the smartphone game is the normal way to play now

S/T removal got so insane that Harpies Feather Duster was unbanned.

Which was to reign in Pendulums but now Pendulums are crippled the game is stuck with a bunch of S/T removal

>S/T removal got so insane that Harpies Feather Duster was unbanned.

in the OCG, where they have a completely different, bizarre banlist.

OCG is the only thing that matters.

if you're japanese, sure.

That only applies to speed duels

Btw, if Yusaku used Speedroids, he could of ended that dude in one turn

Guy was cocky, didn't set any cards. Yusaku special summons Terrortop, add Taketemborg, summon him, summon Red Eye Die, tune, form Clear Wing, Cracking Dragon's effect activates, Yusaku counters with Clear Wing...

Boom, 5500 ATK monster, instant kill

>That only applies to speed duels
Which are the main thing in the new series
No important duel is ever going to be a "master duel" if all the new shit is about Speed Duels

both decode talker(yusaku's ace) and topologic bomber dragon(rival ace) have links that suggest they're ideal for master duels rather than speed duels.

Both of those were before the series was rewritten for speed duels

Turbo Duels and Action Duels were advertised right from the start but with VRAINS there is a very clear pause where news slowed down and they clearly rewrote the show

Encode Talker is going to replace Decode Talker as his real ace.

Calling it right now.

On top of 3x MST what other S/T removal should I pack?

I'm thinking of pumping apprentice to 3x to be able to have a mini toolbox of monsters to squeeze out.

How does this sound

3x apprentice
2x old vindictive magician (for cheese removal)
2x nights end sorcerer
2x magician of faith

>MST
What year is it?

How much do Cosmic Cyclones sell for?
They should be better than MST nowadays, since a lot of S/T also have graveyard effects/recyclability.