>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>I am the hammer! I am the point of His spear! I am the mail about His fist! I am the bane of His foes!
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Iwata-Medea-Eclipse-Action-Airbrush-Gravity/dp/B000BQKFAI
amazon.com/dp/B001738DXU/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_tFiazbZPKKG1Z
youtube.com/watch?v=l_XqLR2orls
youtube.com/watch?v=A89Z5Ogu0Qc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guys I'm really bad at taking decisions. I want to start painting something warhammer from my grey armies. I'm a very slow painter as i paint mini after mini until they are well detailed. Choose:

-Night goblin army for AoS (moonclan grots)
-Tyranids for 8th edition (behemoth)
-40k orks for 8th edition (and which color scheme)
-space marines for 8th edition (ultramarines and deathwatch) (and no i don't care if they are marinelets)

How's this look for a first time airbrush set-up? Do I need anything else besides pic related, a spraybox, and some paint?
Do I need to use airbrush thinner for my paint, or is just using water okay? I mainly use Citadel paints (non-air) and Vallejo surface primer. Can I these in my airbrush or do I need something else? I know GW makes an air range but I'm wondering if I can just convert my current non-air paints into air paints easily.

Reposting from last thread

ORKS

>which color scheme
Custom clan. Paint them like frogs and toads and call them the WAAAGH FROGZ!!!

Choose most fun to you army, that's all.

Sons of Horus WIP.

MkIII armour is hard to highlight but they're such nice models.
Think I'll go with black shoulders and gold trim for most of my army, makes the look less loyalist in my opinion.

Xth for holy shit how come no one told me that Reaper's Bones material is so rubbery.

Granted, it's not as bad as MageKnight's material, but this shit is fucking bendy.

well looks like your trips decided lad

Does /wip/ like my Battle Sister?

Looks pretty good as far as those ancient sculpts go. It's really hard to make them look decent but you did a fair job on that front.

So how many of you make your own washes and do you got any recipes you suggest?

Gettin this fucker done once and for all and using it once b4 8th drops in case no rules

I need some fukken help. Anyone one of you good at painting yellow? I cant make it look smooth on the figure. General tricks and tips are welcome

Corrected photo( dam mobile)

yellow sucks

GET IT RIGHT YOU FUC omg that actually looks incredibly super cool.

>That guy who plays the ALL GURLZ army

I would drop the airbrush cleaner, personally; you certainly don't need it for acrylics if you're backflushing your brush regularly. Picking up a sonic jewelry cleaner down the line would probably be a good idea, though.

You may want to add some skulls to it.

Would probably help to say what to use instead of the cleaner; ammonia free glass cleaner. The stuff I buy is the Wal Mart brand "all natural" glass cleaner, but there's plenty of equivalents out there.

Chaos or Loyalist? Either way drill your barrels your heathen.

That's the enemy army's job

Be sure to not get impatient and keep your coats thin try to start with a yellow primer or use an airbrush for base helps a ton if you want a quick and easy yellow you can prime white do a coat of white and then wash twice with a yellow wash but yellow in general is a bitch of a color in all applications pic related Is the wash technique

Thanks user, I have primed the model gray and then I try to base it with averland sunset and it goes to hell. Should I try to build up the yellow with brown or so?

I meant to reply but alas, I am an idiot

>that yellow
Hey this is pretty go...
>that checkering
nevermind.

this heat makes me want to die

>all old metal sculpts are shit!

i assume the checking is WIP

I don't really have any tips because I haven't ever painted yellow but I found this pic awhile ago you could use for reference.

Might want to tone down the blue on the tin bitz, otherwise they look damn good user.
I hope these ladz are good in 8e, I really want to paint up a box of 'em myself but I can't justify it with how shit they in-game atm.

I never said that though. I'm fine with most old sculpts (hell, I even LOVE some) but a few just don't jive with me.
SoB, sadly enough, fall into the latter category. They feel iffy in terms of quality, especially compared to their contemporaries, and as such it's hard to make them look up to snuff compared to today's models.

I bought these mummies because my group said we would start playing Mordheim but then Armageddon came out and everyone wanted to rather play that, so do you guys think I could somehow use these guys for a Armageddon?
They are still unassembled and unpainted?

>Showing a beginner, a shaded model
Mate, you don't trow a Van Gogh to a beginner.

>Looks pretty good as far as those ancient sculpts go. It's really hard to make them look decent but you did a fair job on that front.

The STATE of this post

I asked if you liked the battle sister dipshit.

The blue's just a result of the way ink and metallic paint reacts to directed light and still photography. It's less stark in person.

And yeah, me too. Shotguns and boltguns are cool, but the worst possible loadout at the moment.

could count em as chaos cultists anyway

fits a nurgle theme, which is what everyone takes anyway

How did I do with my Warboss? I have yet to base him, but I don't have any sand right now so that will have to wait.

Well they are still unpainted and unassembled.
Don´t know why I made a question mark there.
I would like to play guard the most, chaos would be ok too but I am not really a fan of Nurgle.
Was thinking of maybe kitbashing a bit for a more guardsy look, but I am not really sure how to do that and what bits to use.

Could use something to make him appear vibrant.
Something like a checkered panel.

drill the barrel, and do some highlights on the hair and symbol. Other than that it looks good.

That's a good idea. I'll check my transfer sheet to see if I have any in red.
I'll look into doing that, thanks for the input.

>The STATE of this post

I think he was bagging particularly on the old Sisters' sculpts - about which many have complained over the decades - not *all* old sculpts in general. At least, I *hope* he was.

the OP pics keep getting better and better

How do I get my weathering powders to stick?

I've tried dabbing on white spirits or dusting with matte varnish but it still seems to kill the effect leaving the powder only visible in the recesses.

Do I just keep adding more powder and repeat the process?

Still waiting to find some good heada for the gals, but I'm proud of how they look so far.

if I thinned down Stirland Mud, would it be the same roughly as Typhus Corrosion?

obviously it'd have the grit in it but that's ok.

Not even close, Stirland mud is a medium brown paint while typhus corrosion is a dark grey-brown wash.

hey bud heres the trick I know it sucks

1. you wanna paint everything thats gunna be yellow bleached bone first. (or a bleached bone equivalent)
2. then paint in many very thin coats, all of that bleached bone averland sunset.
3. then apply a yellow glaze of lamenters yellow to the area
4. Paint Yriel or whatever you want your main yellow color to be, over that.

Boring stock assembly.

Otherwise, echoing what others already mentioned.

If you started grey then you just have to bite the bullet and build up the averland and be sure to use thin coats and the next time use averland primer or a like kind of colored primer

It was from a push fit boxed set so I didn't really have any options other than what they gave me. I also don't have any green stuff.

Not this user but does anyone have recommendations for an airbrush?
I'm a bit of a brand-whore so I'm okay with splurging for a good'un.

If im not mistaken those are sculpted by Kev Adams, correct?

I think the muscles stand out a bit too much for my taste but overall I quite like it, well done! I prefer actually red magnus. I dunno what GW was thinking, he's not called Magnus the Magenta ffs..

Thanks, and i agree... But most of the muscles will be hiden under the armour. Still wondering how to paint its wings

only input I can give is that I personally found painting black space marine armor mindnumbingly boring. So if you get around to marines do Ultramarines.
With glorious red bolters, flamer patterns on their plasma guns and checker on their jump packs. Danger stripes on power fists are obligatory.

>amazon.com/Iwata-Medea-Eclipse-Action-Airbrush-Gravity/dp/B000BQKFAI
And
>amazon.com/dp/B001738DXU/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_tFiazbZPKKG1Z
get thrown around a lot as recommendations for a quality setup. If you shop around you can get the former for a good price (Hobby Lobby with a "x% off any item" coupon comes to mind).

Aaaand done. Apart from the bases. And varnishing. And I might do a little touching up but probably not.

Oo I cut one of them off in the top pic. Whoops.

Your marines are smooth as fuck.

Do these coupons come easily to hand?

nice

said it before, but it's always nice to see daemon armies that aren't monochrome

How did you do this?
Spray them white, then use washes?

Lookit all those quality painted daemon butts.

Good shit, man.

Base corax white, paint ushabti bone, wash recesses with aagrax, glaze with lamenters yellow over and over until you get desirable yellow

It's not hard to customize a shoota, klaw, or banner.

White, pink, blue and yellow then a wash then glazes.

Thanks chaps the butts are the best bit.

I think you can get them online. They're not hard to find when they go up. It's usually in a banner at the top.
They work for online purchases too, don't worry.

Definitely, he is the goblin master.

He goes to the Oldhammer event weekend near Nottingham, for a £5 donation to charity he will sculpt any face onto whatever miniature you bring.

Poor guy got randomly attacked in his own home and beaten up badly last year, had to spend a bit of time resting but I think he's on the mend.

nice shade of green, mind sharing how you did it?

>Poor guy got randomly attacked in his own home and beaten up badly last year

I remember that. It sucks that there is human trash in the world that somehow thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable. A similar thing happened to George Harrison in 1999.

The faces he made for orcs and goblins truly catch the sense of the older editions of Warhammer: Dark humor, adventure and madness

ya they are bad but it was my first atempt at freehanding anything like 2 years ago

>Two questions:

One: What would be a good set of feathered wings to graft onto an Ogroid Thaumaturge to make it into a Tzeentch daemon prince? Are there any kits with Lord of Change-like wings without having to buy and cut up an actual LoC?

What's a good way to make a Lord of Change looking Daemon Prince without someone mistaking it for a LoC? Besides the Ogroid thing I'm already doing. I'm bored of the derpy normal daemon princes, I want something that looks more tzeentchy but is clearly not a greater daemon.

>wings
Dark Eldar Scourges

>not-LoC tzeentchy
Just break down the LoC into different aspects (eg. "birdy", "vulture neck", "bipedal") and remove one or two of those. The Ogroid is not birdy, for instance. You could also focus on the weird/cosmic aspect and make a giant faceless daemon prince with stars/moons around where its face should be. Maybe give it bird wings instead of daemon wings as well.

Is the Ogroid really that small/Scourge wings that big?
Solid tips. Thank you very much, user!

On a side note, would I be able to splice Kairic Acolyte bitz into chaos cultists/traitor militia and not have it look weird? Can someone tell me if they're around the same size?

youtube.com/watch?v=l_XqLR2orls

youtube.com/watch?v=A89Z5Ogu0Qc

Thanks man, the green was pretty simple.

>Incubi Darkness basecoat
>Kabalite Green layer
>Kabalite + Sybarite Green mix 50/50 layer
>Coelia Greenshade painted into recesses
>Sybarite Green highlight
>Gauss Blaster highlight on the finest edges

The Gauss Blaster green could be substituted for Sybarite Green with sole white added to it.

acolytes are pretty beefy dudes, but it should be workable

I'm painting blueletters for a friend. How am I doing /WIP/?

Right now I need something to do to the face, any suggestions?

Another side

Some*

Not sole

>Want to make display board
>don't have room in my home to make a 6x4 gaming table
>don't see any practical use in it
>know I'll have fun but then it'll sit around collecting dust.
I have this problem where if I can't use it on the tabletop there's no reason for me to make it. Please help me overcome this autism or whatever it is

I figure you guys might know about this stuff: I'm looking to cast some Dungeon tiles for my d&d campaigns. I was looking into Hirst molds, and wondered if anyone here had suggestions for dental / flow stone to order, and good places to get it.

Mostly just wondered if there were any tricks or relatively good sources of info on the topic that are up to date.

paint the face white like a freaky skull mask, if not i'm sure it'll look better once you get the details like the eyes and teeth in

Make a display board that also functions as an army carrying tray.

they're convenient to have in tournaments

Yeah. I'm wondering if I should do the eyes in green or another color

either orange to match his lumps, or green to match the tongue.
I don't really like the green so I'd say orange

If for some reason I would be only limited to those options I would do tiranids. At least I will have fun doing them and maybe they will be fun to play too

>Make a display board that also functions as an army carrying tray.
>they're convenient to have in tournaments

Instinctively, my brain says, "man, this is stupid! If I trip, fall or otherwise happen to drop that display board, there go all my valuable models and all my hard work!"

Tell you what, though, I actually *have* been doing this lately, and it saved me from the *other* catastrophe: picking up your miniatures case when you forgot to latch it closed. I did this a few weeks ago, and as aggravating as that was, almost all of my nicely-painted models were safe on the display board! Repairs consisted of nothing more than gluing half-a-dozen arms back on.

I've been toying with the idea of making a display board, I'd magnetize everything to minimize damage from dropping.

>I'd magnetize everything to minimize damage from dropping.

It also helps during transportation. A lot of my models are metal, and tend to fall over when jostled too much - like during the 30 minute car ride to my FLGS. Inside some of the holes I sunk in the board are steel washers, and the heavier models (metal heavy weapons, jump packs, etc.) get neodymium magnets glued to the underside of the bases, so they stick when placed in the proper slot.

Bump