Create Decks, manage stats, manabases, etc:
deckstats.net/

Decklists from the lastest events:
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#online
mtgtop8.com/

Finantial Advice:
mtggoldfish.com/movers/online/standard

Control still a meme.
Remember to start selling shit from BFZ, Oath, SOI and EM soon before rotation.

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/swingers-and-flingers-feat-drake/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/is-it-drake-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-05-17-HKW-rw-humans/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humans-develop-tools/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So Veeky Forums, did you invested in anything during this format?

It flopped or did you gained some profit?

>Kalitas and Grim Flayer down 34%
>After I got a playset of flayers

>Kalitas is down to $13 dollar

Why the fuck didn't I sell mine back when they were worth $40?!

cause you're bad at speculation or were using them?

You're not the only one user, I got my playset for $10 a pop, then during their peak I was using them, afterwards NOBODY wanted them because the meta was fucked with cats, and now nobody wants them again because of rotation and value went down.

I got a Gideon playset and nobody wants them either because Mardu flopped.

>mfw I sold my set of gideon and 3 kalitas to finance my edh deck

I feel for you though user

I mean I got my value back thanks to the tournaments I won using them, this season has been pretty good for me and right now Im solid on GB Energy, but it sucks to be stuck with them since they aren't very good in modern.

>yfw Marvel lost to a deck playing mainly AKH cards
WoTC getting their heads out of their asses finally

There isn't a face on that image

Does anyone have any good White or White/Red human deck lists? I've made one for game day and would like to compare.

i have a question

if you cast walking ballista with atherworks marvel's energy ability does it come in as a 1/1 or a 0/0 unless you tap it afterwards?

it comes in as a 0/0 and dies immediately

oh ok, i'll remember not to do that then

So what are the current u/r decks?
Preferably something with Enigma Drake

Theres a UR Control deck thats decent. The manabase and Torrential Gearhulks are expensive though.

I already have the gearhulks. Hit me my friend.

Check mtggoldfish standard metagame, should be the 4th deck, titled UR Control, basically Censor, Negate, Disallow, Magma Spray

UR Control, and there's a janky Temur Cycle deck that uses Enigma Drake, the serpent thing, and I think Drake Haven as payoff cards

Okay, how about a G/R/??? deck using manadorks to ramp and champion of rhonas + rhonas monument to bring in some of the less used gearhulks (verduous, combustible and noxious spring to mind; maybe side in cataclysmic as a turn 4 board clear against tokens or w/e); glorybringer is also a good one in this deck, except you can't attack from the exert pull in. also include the man himself rhonas, the 1bg legendary that lets you cast your top card when you cast your first spell, and viser of the menagerie. Maybe get that old school jund feel with some black exile effects or something I dunno.

as an extra wincon/FUN FACTOR maybe include indomitable creativity to blow up your mana dorks on like turn 7-8 if it goes that late and hope to pull some more big guys.

probably also the snakecat that can't be countered.

>play mono white white weenie
>can't beat whirler virtuoso

life is suffering

I don't know about decent but I have a fun UR Drake Haven deck sleeved up.

My friend runs enigma Drake alongside fling.

Both fun decks.

Fling: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/swingers-and-flingers-feat-drake/

Haven: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/is-it-drake-1/

Time to buy play sets of Kaliyah and flayer

Has anyone tried brewing with Combustible Gearhulk? It works well with aftermath cards, and while it's probably not good enough I think it could be a nice T2 deck.

>giving your opponent a choice
No sir I don't like it.

I know the red Gearhulk is shit. I just want to see a somewhat playable red deck.

4 Kozilek's Return
4 Sweltering Suns
4 Fiery Temper
4 Lightning Axe
4 Flame Lash
4 Soul-Scar Mage
4 Goblin Dark Dwellers
4 Glorybringer

What's the theme of the next bloc?

Mesoamerican, so probably lots of sacrifice shit, maybe some conquistadors too along with the savages

Can't wait for the pillarman memes

Egyptian block is not enough?

Pillarmen aren't egyptian you tard.

Gonna be playing BR Madness Burn

So what if its not a tier 1,2,3,4,etc deck, I'll just try to win with jank if I have to.

bump

Dominaria.

I've had it in my Mardu Gearhulks deck, it's fine in there because I rarely care about the cards going to my hand and there is a real risk of them taking 10-18 damage

Bought two Avacyns to get back into standard after not playing since Kaladesh released and origins rotated out, leaving my Humans deck fucked six ways sideways.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-05-17-HKW-rw-humans/

Built this for Game Day tomorrow, anybody wanna comment on it?

Hey buddy, this one's mine Give it a gander, The only non humans are Avacyn, Glorybringer and Oketra.

>tfw you were brewing some janky Approach of the Second Sun Marvel shitfest
>tfw you have some success and get excited because Marvel was cheap as shit and could actually make the deck
>tfw playsets are 40 bucks now

it hurts to be poor

>playsets are 40$

Try needing a playset of Gideon to have a competitive Humans deck. 100$ for 4 cards that rotate in 5 months.

why not buy them when they were cheap? could have easily gotten them for $16 but you held off lmao

I was still testing. When I decided that they were actually a good choice, it was the friday of the PT.

"hm should I pick up these marvels now? they're only $4 a piece! Nah I'll wait a few weeks until right before PT weekend after people immediately remembered that marvel was one of the strongest decks before cat combo showed up and everyone starts buying them up"

if you had ANY inkling that you wanted to play marvel then you should have bought them up, the card is busted and will be around for another year you had nothing to lose

What do you side against marvel if you're B/W?
Anguished unmaking and what else?

yeah youre right. I fucked up.

f could mean feel

That 3 drop exile enchantment cycle spell. That's what i'm running in W/R.

Shit, tomorrow is game day?

How much a RG deck without any amonkhet cards is going to get fucked

Is there any way in standard to be able to reliably cast Sorceries at instant speed? I have a silly deck that could use it.

But it doesn't when it's in "mfw" or "yfw" unlike when using "tfw"

cum on step it up

Brain in a Jar allows you to do this, Torrential Gearhulk also does if it is an aftermath card with an instant attached to it some where, any cards with madness on them

Not quite what I'm looking for. Wouldn't get the converge from Bring to Light. Ah well, thanks.

Has anyone been keeping an eye on mtgo meta game?
Mono black zombies has almost completely fallen off while UR control has been on the rise. Also a new version of UW flash has been making waves

I am trying to figure out what to play for game day and I am sitting on

UR control
MonoB zombies
WB zombies
GB energy
UW flash

I gotta pick one

Build Simic Emerge and make it work where I couldn't.

Alternatively, UW Flash.

>Simic Emerge
>Not Simic Converge

Step it up, senpai

Hi all, noob to magic here, first set with amonkhet and planning on going to my first standard event tomorrow with the trueheart promo, and was wondering if I could get some help ironing out my deck, I have been trading around and have been trying to make a W/G Exert deck, any help would be greatly appreciated and just to be clear, I only have amonkhet set cards atm.
List:

Creatures:23
x4 bitterblade warrior 1/G - easy deathtouch
x4 glory bound initiate 1/W - 4/4 exerted for 2...
x4 gust walker 1/W - easy flyer
x2 Hooded Brawler 2/G - decent 5/4 exerted..
x2 devoted crop mate 2/W return 1/1 creatures
x3 ahn crop champion 2/W/G untap exerters
x4 champion of rhonas 3/G - free summons...

Spells:
x2 cast out 3/W - removal
x4 prepare//fight 1/W//3/G -cheeky combat trick//removal.
x2 cartouche of strength 2/G - +1/+1 and removal
x2 cartouche of Solidarity W - +1/+1 FS + token
x2 trial of solidarity 2/W - +2/+1 + vigilance all exerters = profit, cartouches make it repeatable
x2 synchronized strike 2/G - combat trick blockers
x2 rhonas monument 3 - lowers costs of some bigger creatures and free +2/+2 & trample for creature spells

Lands:21
x1Tranquil expanse (ahk deck kit)
x11 plains
x9 forest

Sideboard is where i really need help i feel
x2 oketra monument 3 -possibility?
x2 trial of solidarity 2/W- more vigilance :/
x1 ahn crop champ 2/W/G- in case?
x1 hooded brawler- in case 3 drops are too low
x2 compulsory rest 1/W - removal even with enemy life gain :/
x2 Djeru's resolve W - untap and indestructible??
x2 harvest season 2/G - free land, not sure how that works with all the vigilance and untap I have to make it useful or not?
x3 unknown:
stinging shot G - for flyers?
sixth sense G - card draw?
Impeccable timing 1/W - combat trick?

Not sure if I should go back to 10/10/1 lands If i need more removal in deck, if rhonas monument is worth the niche boost or not.
Any help is appreciated
~Thanks

You need at least 2 more lands, as you have no way to tutor or fetch up any normally
Get pic related, take out Champion of Rhonas, as fun as free summons sounds, it's not worth it if you don't cheat in stuff that gets you miles ahead.

One big tip before anything else, we know the cards here and don't really need descriptions for each one, just a decklist. It actually makes it harder to read, and makes one wish to not finish looking at it.

Oh hey! Don't mind me, i just heard you didn't get a removal on your opening hand.

First FNM in a couple years. Got fourth place with a wonky GB -1/-1 counters deck.
Deck kind of falls apart against decks that don't play many creatures it seems (Until game 2)
Worked amazingly well in those matchups after sideboarding in artifact hate and/or serpopard though.

I missed FNM because the only shop in a 50 mile radius had no parking.

Just came back from FNM after playing Jeskai equipment for the first time. List:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humans-develop-tools/

I was previously on Boros, but I picked up the blue lands and some other cards like Gideon in preparation for Game Day. I went 2-1, beating RG Gods and Zombies while losing to GB Energy. All of my matches went to 3 games, and many of the games were really close. Hopefully I can win Game Day with the deck.

If anyone's interested in the deck, I wrote a giant wall of text about it on the TappedOut page.

oooookay 4chun i need HELP
basically
i want to win game day with mardu
or at least have a damn good chance at winning
so, i need criticism and help making my deck fucking great, but i dont quite like the look of the net deck mardu, and i dont have a fuckton of cards.
so here's the list, any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

// 60 Maindeck
// 4 Artifact
4 Heart of Kiran

// 21 Creature
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Toolcraft Exemplar
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
3 Selfless Spirit
2 Gisela, the Broken Blade
2 Archangel Avacyn
2 Glorybringer

// 7 Instant
3 Fatal Push
4 Unlicensed Disintegration

// 24 Land
4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Inspiring Vantage
4 Spire of Industry
2 Smoldering Marsh
6 Plains
2 Mountain
2 Swamp

// 4 Planeswalker
4 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

// 15 Sideboard
// 2 Creature
SB: 2 Veteran Motorist

// 4 Instant
SB: 2 Magma Spray
SB: 2 Anguished Unmaking

// 9 Sorcery
SB: 3 Transgress the Mind
SB: 1 Fumigate
SB: 2 By Force
SB: 2 Declaration in Stone
SB: 1 Dispossess

Is 4 colorless lands in a 22 land, 2 color deck too many? Or should I be fine?

Disposses and Trangress the Mind do wonders, also Lost Legacy to get rid of Ulamog.

If you're basically playing all single coloured symbol costs it should be fine.

The core energy cards are way to good.

Went 4-1 tonight at FNM with UB Improvise. Got to the finals but then lost to a janky GB -1/-1 counters deck since my deck has no answer to Scarab Swarm and my losses against the deck had me drawing no removal. Perhaps next time.

>scarab swarm
i meant nest of scarabs

So, went 4-1 tonight with B/W tokens. Had one hilarious game against mono-B zombies where he scooped after I went 3 turns in a row where I gained 104 life and made 8 servos each turn. Lost to marvel. I feel I may need to stop talking smack on dispossess.

Is there any reason for me to have Threaten Effects in my sideboard? (Kari Zev's Expertise in this case). I play RG energy aggo.

What are some cheaper alternatives to Fatal Push for a zombies deck? I already got Dark Salvation and Time to reflect.

How do you manage that?

Grasp of Darkness is what you want, I think.

My deck for gameday weekend, thoughts?

My local meta doesn't follow the pro meta too closely but it's likely to have one or two spikes playing aetherworks or zombies. I can expect to come up against some of the following:

- Control (likely UW or Jeskai)
- U/W spirits
- Mardu gearhulk reanimator
- G/B Snek
- U/B Zombies
- U/R Enigma Drake

Oh also there was a go-wide servo token deck which is the reason for the authority of the consuls

>tfw Game Day doesn't fire because not enough people showed up

fuck

The only constructed playable cards in your deck are glory bound initiate cast out, and the basic lands.

here you go, senpai

Honored Crop Captain vs Veteran Motorist in this list?

Creatures:22
4 Toolcraft Exemplar
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 VM or HCC
2 Pia Nalaar
2 Gisela, Broken Blade
2 Archangel Avacyn

PW: 4
4 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

Artifacts: 4
4 Heart of Kiran

Spells: 6
4 Unlicensed Disintigration
2 Fatal Push

Lands: 24
4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Inspiring Vantage
4 Spire of Industry
2 Smoldering Marsh
5 Plains
3 Mountain
2 Swamp

I'd go with Motorist unless you expect a lot of Walking Ballista/Liliana, the Last Hope, in which case Crop Captain could be better because of the second toughness.

I've got 4 Gearhulks and I pulled a Lili, and have 4 Canals

Ridiculous levels of board stall. I drew 2 Anointed Processions, then embalmed an Annointer Priest. That gets me 4 tokens, which combined with my currently live one to give me 20 life so I can survive the Ormendahl he's swinging at me. Next turn, I get a third Procession, and embalm my other dead Priest, which means I get 8 more tokens, for a grand total of 13 Priests triggering for 104 life. After that comes Hidden Stockpile, which I start triggering every turn by sacrificing some smuck, usually a servo, to get 8 more servos and 104 more life. At this point, he's got 2 colossus, 2 relentless dead, about a half dozen zombie tokens, and Ormendahl while I have an army of 1/1s and 1/3. He was also around the 50s himself from swinging each turn. While I'm gaining shitloads of life each turn, it was still going to be a while before I had a meaningful amount of damage, and may actually ending up helping him swarm more, so I just kinda sat there gaining life. Fortunately, he realized I would win eventually, or we'd draw, and just scooped to go to game 2.

im curious, what were some of the older sets like in standard? like stuff from mirrodin.

Mirrodin almost broke MtG becaude of Cawblade.

And the original mirrodin broke MTG because of affinity

>tfw get 7th out of 15 with janky Bant Humans Midrange because I got the Bye for match 1

Feels good.

Now to build New Perspectives for maximum memes.

did any other sets have top tier ubercancer in them? i've heard stuff about how bad urzas saga was

bump

It did pretty well for anyone that cares, undefeated in the swiss and then lost 2-1 to UR spells (drew no counters)

>game day, see dozens of marvel fags again this week
>game 1, get t4 ulamog'd and still go on to win it
>go 4-0 in the placement rounds, 8-0 in games. Feeling good
>cut to top 8
>guy in 8th is on some super jank artifact brew, interesting but an easy 2-0
>next round more marvel
>get t4 ulamog'd again game 2
>deal with it, then get ulamog'd again a turn after
>JUST
>pick up game 3
>in finals, guy I beat to go 4-0
>BG counters
>keep a 3 land hand with two grasps and one anguished
>proceed to draw 9 more lands
>he goes gearhulk into gearhulk into gearhulk
>game 2
>draw 7, see one land - mull 6, 1 land, mull 5, no lands, mull 4, two lands
>don't see another land for four turns
>lose
>"good games"

Not much of a standard player but I'm going to my usual draft tonight and I want to cobble something together from what I already have to play with some buddies who play standard in downtime or before it fires. Any suggestions on this neo-jund idea I've got going? would it be better to take out the unbridled growths and the nagas for attune with aether and the elf that makes mana based on energy? any other ideas on finishers/champ of rhonas targets? also have no clue on the sideboard, I have a lot of random cards from drafting but all from kaladesh/revolt/amonkhet
Creatures - 24
----------
3x Fourth Street Prowler
2x Gifted Aetherborn
3x Naga Vitalist
3x Champion of Rhonas
2x Combustible Gearhulk
2x Noxious Gearhulk
2x Glorybringer
1x Rhonas the Indomitable
1x Vizer of the Menagerie
1x Gonti, Lord of Luxury
2x Vengeful Rebel
2x Ridgescale Tusker

Artifacts - 1
---------
1x Lifecrafter's Bestiary

Enchantments - 5
---------
2x Sandwurm Convergence
3x Unbridled Growth

Instants - 6
---------
2x Unlicensed Disintegration
2x Fatal Push
2x Shock

Sorceries
---------

Planeswalkers - 2
---------
1x Nissa, Vital Force
1x Nissa, Steward of Elements

Lands - 22
---------
4x Aether Hub
7x Forest
1x Sheltered Thicket
6x Swamp
4x Mountain

Sideboard - 15
---------
2x Final Reward
2x Magma Spray
???

>3 colors
>4 gearhulks+2 Dragons+ 2 7drops
>22 lands and no Landtutors
You need more lands/ramp and consitency

post your shitbrew

alright, so what gets cut. this is my issue. I'd rather be up to say 24 lands and have maybe 1-2 more mana dorks, or maybe just draw. do I take out some of the removal? I considered taking out unlicensed disintegration since it only has one artifact to activate it, but 3 mana destroy target creature seems too good not to have in the deck.

take out bestiary, convergence, growth

Fourth Street Prowler is frankly useless except some silly circumstances, there's way better 1-drop creatures in this format. Narnam Renegade is an example which synergizes with your Unbridled growth.
Put some Traverse The Ulvenwald in there or Attune with Aether. With Attune you can also get extra value out of your Aether Hubs and Pic related.
Champion of Rhonas is too small of a body to invest so much in, but you should playtest it if you REALLY want to play it
Cut Blue green Nissa, 4 colors are way too much for you.
I would not take out your removal, as interaction is always important.

Evolving Wilds is a must, if you can't afford dual lands

Are the decks going into Pro Tour tomorrow posted anywhere, or will be post anywhere tonight?

so I sleaved up UR control for Gameday

Round 1 vs. Zombies
Smashed him with Sweltering Suns both games

Round 2 vs. Some Red Black Control
Gearhulk Timetwister huge advantage he couldn't come back

go to report the game
guy says he has it recorded as me winning 2-0 and that I am 2-0 for the day so far

Round 3. Paired down vs a UG ramp deck who is 1-1 even though multiple other players are 2-0 and the guy I just beat is also getting paired against one of them.

Go back to the desk to make sure things were reported correctly
Guy confirms I am 2-0 and that the matches were just paired in a weird way

Win vs. Ramp

now "3-0"
Round 4 vs. some GB intro deck stuff, guy is 0-3
very confused
go check again with the desk
guy now realizes he has been pushing the wrong buttons and my record is 1-2

too late to fix now

play out the rest of my rounds and win every game and feel bad for beating up on people playing intro decks

finish off 4-2 somehow make top 8
get my promo card
play fist game of top 8 vs. Aetherworks Marvel
all other 7 players in top 8 are Aetherworks Marvel

lost to turn 4 Ulamog game 1
lose to turn 4 Ulamog game 2

what a day lads...

at lest the guy that got the free win off of me in round 2 was a good enough guy to give me is promo glory bringer and I got one for making top 8 anyway so I guess it worked out