/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-sHY1zSA2I
pastebin.com/cDwuHFzF
izodiacsigns.com/gemini/compatibility/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Sebastian still around? Because I have a few things to say, plus an important question:

In truth, I can even guess which of my ancestors was from the land of the Zodiac. For, no kidding (and in real life) my great-grandfather was a mysterious traveler who stayed just long enough to make my grandfather and then left on his journies. Clearly a dalliance by the former king almost a hundred years ago!

And most of the children from this line are women, too. There are exactly six males in this line, all of my generation, all within ten years of each other's age, all unmarried, all in the same town.

So why was I chosen? And not them? I certainly hope this will not turn into a 6-way war where the 12 princesses are not only fighting each other for dominance, but picking between me and my cousins to decide which will be king in the first place.

Right Sebastian? Right?!!

Not him, but he already answered this. Obviously you were born under the right stars to give you an unquestionably-superior claim.

Thalciomache Palcadia
>Olympic Parentage
>Ariella

>Lothorio (2pts because Inheritance) 48
>Unyielding Flesh 34
>Armed With Wings 29
>Demihuman 26
>Lightning Seer 22
>Ocean's Herald 12
>Marlin's Quickness 7
>Grace of the Deer 0

I'd do all the quests, not all at once of course, and improve my abilities and learn new spells along the way.

24pts for all 12 quests.
>Serpent's Reflexes (already had Grace of the Deer) 21
>Medicus 15
>Lord of the Inferno 6
>Stormcaller (already had Lightning Seer) 0

I happen to be a winged naga. A very unusual creature born from an ill-fated love between the Goddess Ariella and a great serpent. I fly through the clouds searching for my place in the world and trying to do good things for people. I'm usually very peaceful, but can fight if I have too. Even though I seem immortal, I actually have a weak spot my belly-button.

>Incredible Vegetable
I travel to the plant and drive away the bugs with rain and lightning. Then I study it to try and unlock it's secrets. I use my knowledge of potions and what I learn from the plant to make a potion from one of the leaves that gives me Healer magic. I take the seeds to some monks who I think will bring the plants back and not abuse them.
>Whales in the Sky
I spend time with the whales to find out and fight out what's happening. Hopefully I can use what they tell me to make a potion to cure their sickness.
>The Kyphian Mines
To cure the whales, I need a artifact from the Kyphians. When I arrive at the old Kyphian mines, I here about the missing pioneers. I search for them as I look for the artifact to cure the whales.
>A Divine Affair
The Goddess Lenya notices my beauty and sees me trying to use my gifts for good. She tries very hard to convince me to live with her in her realm of flowers and cloud castles. But because of my wandering ways, I can't settle down for good. Not even with a Goddess. We part ways amicably and she teaches me more about healing magic before I go. This is where I get the Medicus ability.
>The Fire Witch
I follow the Witch from high above in the clouds. I discover her coven having a meeting that seems pretty sketchy. The next time she's alone I ambush her and wrap her up in my coils so I can question her about what's going on. I report the questionable coven to local paladin order, but conveniently forget to mention the Fire Witch and help get her back to her old job with Prince Kasper. She teaches me fire magic as thanks, since she didn't get along with the dark witches anyway. That's how I learn Fire Mage magic.

>Devil Without a Cause
I fly up to the Elemental and explain to him that he's causing problems for other people by staying here, and that there's other Elementals for him to talk to in other parts of the universe. I help get him to trust me by doing some tricks with the fire magic I already know. After convincing him to move on, he teaches me more fire magic to thank me for telling him where the other elementals are. That's how I advance to Lord of the Inferno.
>Always Read the Manual
To convince the Fire Elemental to move on, I have to learn about the plane where the great elementals live. Turns out there's a King who's looking for a book about ruling. It's lost a great ancient library. I figure I can find something about elementals while searching for his book. This helps with the other quest.
>Boss Monster
I use my powers to fight the beastman horde and their evil leader. People who I've helped join in the fight against evil. Ariella and Lenya give me a boon to help survive the fight. This is where I get Serpent's Reflexes. My storm powers increase to Stormcaller from me using them so much for this.
>A Peaceful Village
>Chesswolf
>Solve My Riddle
These 3 are a bit trickier. I do my best to solve each one as best I can, but as I'm not a great solver, I also seek the help of other heroes to help with these.
>Door to Door
Being a great heroine, I'm chosen as a ambassador to the new world. I travel through the door and have new adventure and meet new people. I return now and then to report what I find to the old world.

Could the door to another world be to another cyoa world?

If I went to other cyoa world as Palcadia, it'd be the Alt History one where I made Sitmut-Nefert and we had that rp. I'd fit in perfect there.

I really hope that Zodiac guy never plans on finishing his work and he's been stringing user along all this time.

It would be the only justification for his constant posts and revealing more than half of his work before it was done.

>I really hope that Zodiac guy never plans on finishing his work

That would be cool. He's a fun guy.

Hey. Wondering if we can get some unified teams of heroes and villains.

"That is truly surprising. I've yet to see anyone who's able to that quickly discern their relation.
I'd have to check with the Royal Alchemist, but it's entirely possible you're correct.
As for your question, but is correct but rather simplified.
Let me try to see to see if I can't find his exact answer."
Your hate only gives me the motivation to prove you wrong.

"Don't worry, he doesn't plan on disappearing after he's finished.
He may have plans to make another CYOA or two in the future..."

youtube.com/watch?v=s-sHY1zSA2I

SDA's new work when?

This weekend, for sure. I took tomorrow off for a 4-day weekend.

Just let me have tonight to rest. I promise I'll resume work tomorrow.

>Your hate only gives me the motivation to prove you wrong.

You misunderstand, there was actually a point when I wanted to see what you were writing and was happy you were working on it.

Have you seen the joke I crafted for you last thread?

Nice!

Hero build
Theseus-like Hero who's mostly in it for the money and the pussy.

Godly Descent
>Blessing of Vaneis
Luck and a silver tongue! Thanks great-grandmother.

Gifts 48
>Agility of the fox, Grace of the deer, Serpent's Reflexes 10
>Wolf's run 2
>Shadow Warrior, Unseen Stalker 8
>Leader of men, Commander 8
>Exotic Warrior 4
>Invisibility 16

Companions
>Eyra
>Rhiannon
>Ayme

Mount
>Dragon 11
Aw yiss. Chicks love dragons. Especially Rhiannon. The only issue is upkeep, I gotta keep the gold and gems coming. But people tend to give you great deals when you have a fire-breathing monster on your side.

Adventures;
>The Kyphian mines
Got money on my mind.
>Always read the manual
For the reward.
>Incredible vegetable
Perhaps our best scheme yet. Take some seeds, grow it, sell it, become rich & powerful

>2.0.4
nigga what do you think you're doing

Palcadia isn't a sea snake or poisonous or afraid of eagles.

Wow didn't know that existed.
Is my version the one that included the most recent nerf to destroyers?
I'll just post that one from now on.

>some unified teams of heroes and villains
you mean from people's builds?

>Nerf
Everything was buffed, prices were reduced everywhere (and cut in half in some places) and more E-War options were added.

Origin: child of heroes

Gifts
Fire mage (56)
Lightning seer (52)
Water adept (49)
Sage of cold ( 44)
Guradian (35)
Medicus (29)
Third eye (26)
Exotic weapon (22)
Unarmed master (18)
Boar’s strength (15)
Skin of stone (10)
Wolf’s run (8)
Agility of the fox (4)
Shadow warrior (0)

Artifact: none

Companion: Hakkar
Mount : none

Quests: Door to door and The kyphian mines

I've got stuff to show offf.

After a couple shots of Absinthe, I have a super rough WIP to post for ya guys. Criticism and feedback is appreciated, if I'm gonna do some shit I wanna do it right ya know. I'm probably gonna end up splitting the thing into smaller parts to make it look better.

I'll Start.

Gestation - 15,15
Insert Female Adult

Bodysuit - 14,15

First Aid - 12, 15
Martial Arts - 8, 15
Strategy - 3, 15
Tactics - -1,15
Stealth - -4,15
Investigation - -6, 15
Parkour - -8, 15
Banter - -9, 15

Foreign Element - -12, 12

Rough Start x3 - -6, 12
Case 53 - -6, 13
Worst Day Ever x3 - 0, 15
Identity Reveal - 3, 15
Slaughterhouse 9 - 7, 17
Endbringer Target - 10, 21
Humble beginnings - 15, 26
Negentropy - 10, 21
Second Trigger x2 - 2, 15
Plot Convenience - 1, 15
Power Slot - 1, 14

Powers:
Regeneration (ST) - 1, 4
Razor Hands (ST) - 1, 2
Power Sight - 1, 1
Peak Condition - 1, 0

The Protectorate
Team Leader

Hastet here. The Protectorate and the Wards are having a recruitment drive! Join up now! We get dental!

You know that would actually be pretty neat if someone kept a post bin up for it.

take your time and please don't burn yourself out

got one: pastebin.com/cDwuHFzF

Worm Metropolis!

5 categories - heroes, villains, vigilantes, rogues and endbringers

Hopefully we can get people in all 5

>I'll resume work tomorrow.

Cool, in that case I'm gonna make some builds.

"Here is his original explanation:"
>pic related
"I believe the expression for how ZBG reacted to that is that he 'lost his shit.'
I certainly hope he can find it again."

So ... brews. What do you intend to deliver? Will there be mead?

What an ugly abomination.

Of course, this WIP is just to show how the CYOA is gunna look roughly when done. I have half of it written already, but I'm open to suggestions for shit to add.

Yeah, I'm the worst at graphic design.

You could include different kinds of whisky (scotch, bourbon, irish ... ) as rivals to each other.

You basically took an okay-looking CYOA and put it through a trash compactor.

Still better than .pdf

Scenario - Gestation 15 C 15 S

Path - Villain +1 to all flaws

Origin - Drop-In +3 SC

Civilian Identity - No Identity +2C

Costume - Budget

Skills - Martial Arts -4C, Strategy -5C, Tactics -4C, Investigation -2C, Parkour -2C

Shard - Foreign Element -3 SC

Flaws - Case 53 x3 +6S, Worst Day Ever x3 +6S +12C, Slaughterhouse 9 +5C +3S, Endbringer Target +4C +5S, Humble Beginnings +5SC

Path Specific Flaws - Kill Order -7 SC

Perks - Second Trigger -4C -3S x3, Negentropy -5SC, Power Slot -1S, Blindspot -3C -4S, Cauldron Vial -2C x3
(Genetics, Nanomachines) (Fake Telepathy, Counter, Power Fluctuation) (Save and Reload, Adaptation)

Gifts - Interludes

Powers - Unlimited Shard Works ST -10S, Kingmaker ST -13S, Enthrallment ST -13S, Power Sight -1S

Scenario - Gestation 15 C 15 S

Path - Villain +1 to all flaws

Origin - Drop-In +3 SC

Civilian Identity - No Identity +2C

Costume - Budget

Skills - Martial Arts -4C, Strategy -5C, Tactics -4C, Investigation -2C, Parkour -2C

Shard - Foreign Element -3 SC

Flaws - Case 53 x3 +6S, Worst Day Ever x3 +6S +12C, Slaughterhouse 9 +5C +3S, Endbringer Target +4C +5S, Humble Beginnings +5SC

Path Specific Flaws - Kill Order -7 SC

Perks - Second Trigger -4C -3S x3, Negentropy -5SC, Power Slot -1S, Blindspot -3C -4S, Cauldron Vial -2C x3
(Genetics, Nanomachines) (Fake Telepathy, Counter, Power Fluctuation) (Save and Reload, Adaptation)

Gifts - Interludes

Powers - Unlimited Shard Works ST -10S, Kingmaker ST -13S, Enthrallment ST -13S, Power Sight -1S

You know you're just gonna get a bunch of OP builds right? is that fine?

Perfect, thanks. I guess I'm lucky, being a Gemini born on June 18th, 1987, then.

Oh, well. It would certainly make for an epic anime or visual novel, having six contenders for king, twelve potential brides, and this entire city getting fucked the hell up. It's small enough that one could imagine all major areas involved, but big enough to hide in.

Oh, one more thing: The way ZBG portrays getting caught by Vignette makes her slightly terrifying. I am suddenly scaroused, This makes her EVEN BETTER.

Anyway. Hey everyone, what were the other signs I was supposedly compatible with, again?

I've probably dug my own grave with my character being an Abaddon with slaughterhouse 9 and endbringer target...

But meh. Post what you want. Although you will have to survive your flaws.

I really love the idea of this, but I'm not sure it's worth doing with the CYOA's balance still allowing for Shard Works fuckery and other power copying. I know that the author mentioned plans to rework it a couple of days back. Did anything happen there since?

Does anyone happen to have the fighter pilot cyoa that was posted a few days back? I can't find it in the drives.

Your Lord might want to change the name in the top right corner of the first page, since by now he is associated with another one.

Considering how long it took him to do this newest version? It'll take a while.

That CYOA confuses and overwhelms me, but good luck.

Unfortunate but entirely reasonable given the quality of the piece. In that case, it might be worth setting out expectations wrt whether shit like 'I control all the Endbringers' and obvious 'lol Shard Works' are cool for a build.

Nothing I've heard of. If we want, we could say "no 25 shard powers or powers that give you free powers" or "no abaddon shards"

petition to turn Sagittarius into a centaur

This one?

What happens if two people with power fluctuation stand next to each other?

Girls can't fly planes.

Nothing? The powers aren't passive. At least, most of them.

Yes, thank you.

Their powers fluctuate? I guess it's whoever uses their power first reduces the other's ability to depower them.

Now post the mystery box.

Gestation [15,15]

Vigilante

Drop-In [18,18]
No Identity [20,18]

Body Suit [19,18]

Martial Arts [15,18]
Parkour [13,18]

Natural Trigger [16,18]

Perks:
Secret Lair [14,18]
Negentropy [9,13]

Flaws:
Rough Start [11,13]
Psychic Nosebleed [11,16]

Powers:

Tinker:
Augmentation [11,11]
Genetics [11,01]
Repair [11,-1]
Radar [11,-3]

Brute:
Peak Human [11,-4]

Path Selection:
Ambivalent [15,00]
Blade [14,00]
Tinkertech [10,00]
Tool Belt [09,00]
Supply Line [05,00]
PRT Info [00,00]

Using my skills in augmentation and genetics I will upgrade myself into a near perfect "cyborg-ninja". Despite targeting both heroes and villains I'm comfortable with forming temporary alliances with some if it helps with accomplishing my goal. I'm willing to get my hands dirty for the right price.

Scenario:
-Gestation

Path:
-Endbringer

Powers:
-Megastructure
-Telekinesis
-Precognition

Appearance:
-Humanoid

Size:
-15 Meters

Flaws:
-All at Once

If you're joining the pastebin remember to post a name as well.

I mean one person buff's the other's power up to 250%, then that person now buff's the other guy up to 625%, but now that means the first guy will buff the other to 1562.5% and so forth, along with anyone else in the area they want to target.

Perfect.

Shall we put a ban on 'powers that let you acquire more powers permanently or essentially permanently'? That leaves most 25 shard powers and shit free, but prevents the most unreasonable builds.

No, powers don't stack.

"Hate to bother you, my Lords.
But ZBG is curious if anyone knows of any good CYOAs that allow you to customize a home or some minor form of pocket dimension?"
Indeed you were.
ZBG has mentioned the whole scenario was vaguely inspired by the Holy Grail War from the Fate series.
He considered adding revival heirs but was unsure of his ability to create a suitable amount on top of all the Brides.
He was actually intending to do that.
It was a name he's used in other situations, but it seems less appropriate now that he's made himself known under a different monicur.
>what were the other signs I was supposedly compatible with, again?
izodiacsigns.com/gemini/compatibility/

I don't see why this particular one doesn't.

Told a friend of mine about your idea. Her suggestions are a bit ... very weird, but I'll share them with the thread.

The spirit of gin grants you a dead kitten, love letters to your first crush she never read, and a reminder of how much debt you're in.

The spirit of whisky grants you a really great piece of grilled meat and a fireside.

The spirit of red wine has you wake up naked in a guy's bed without any memories of the prior evening.

The spirit of absinth made inspiration strike while you were sitting on a toilet, causing you to begin writing the greatest story onto a roll of toilet paper, but you lost your train of thought at some point and by the end you were just drawing tiny flowers onto the paper.

The spirit of vodka talkes you into taking a shitload of russian food with you. Back home you remember just HOW fatty it is, and how disgusting when cold.

Have an educated guess on how well she holds her liquor. Anyway, might inspire you.

Here's the whole thing in 1 image

Making an Endbringer build to spice things up early. We're assuming this exists in a different universe, right ?

>Sibling Rivalry, Worthy Opponet, Dormant Periods drawbacks

>Humanoid
>40 meters

>Megastructure
>Summoning
>Elementalism
>Sandbox

Regnum is a humanoid skeleton wrapped in gray cloth that never seems to break. His motives seem to be less about attacks and more of disruption - he can use his four powers in conjunction to build and alter entire landscapes and citys at a time, making his own twisted worlds and kingdoms within the bounds of his power, full monstrous summoned creatures that patrol the boundaries, even after he leaves. Even after, the entire city is laid with traps and turrets, using advanced technology not even the top tier thinkers or tinkers have been able to understand.

Oh, well, i'll just use Degel then

Maybe? We could just say "No trump powers". I still want to lose the 25 shard powers, they're pretty broken too and don't feel like thy're in the spirit of worm. Same with abaddon shards.

what about the spirit of rum?

Cause Endbringers are pretty sweet

Name: Ark

Scenario:
-Gestation

Path:
-Endbringer

Powers:
-Megastructure
-Telekinesis
-Precognition
-Gravity

Appearance:
-Humanoid

Size:
-15 Meters

Flaws:
-All at Once
-Sibling Rivalry

If we're making a whole new universe it's pretty fucked. We have 3 endbringers already.

I kinda disagree. Glastig and Eidolon seem on par with the 25 Shard powers IMO, stronger than some. Abaddon kinda fucks with humble beginnings, but is otherwise not so bad.

I think really the only things that ruin the spirit of worm are bullshit 'loops' like 'I abuse power fluctuation, kingmaker and mirror images' that are just interpreted super generously, Shard Administration and the second triggered Shard Works. Other than that, even the BS stuff seems like it's within the limits of Worm's top echelons. I do think that Broken Limiter should be banned too though, just to get rid of the 'lel I one punch them :^) ' risk.

How will I ever recover, user? I guess I should quit making CYOAs.

>"Hate to bother you, my Lords.
>But ZBG is curious if anyone knows of any good CYOAs that allow you to customize a home or some minor form of pocket dimension?"
Here ya go, Sebs.

The spirit of rum hands you a cigar you tried to smoke the night before, but which made you vomit. And also, of course, a child-sized pirate's hat, because people only drink pure rum when they want to feel like a pirate.

that's not the only reason i drink it

Why are you replying to me with it instead of Sebs/ZBG?

I'm just translating and posting. But her opinion is: you drink rum in a cocktail, or when you ran out of other stuff and want to feel like a pirate.

True, but those super-powered ones like Glaistig are the exceptions, not the rule. Loops are broken too. I think these these rules work the best:

1) No trump powers
2) No abaddon shards
3) No 25S powers

That stops all the really broken shit and leeaves things more balanced.

This one is also good but less so. I mean it's kinda shit you have to waste a choice so you can have a toilet.

>SDA still makes CYOA
But no seriously, aside from the major update for Star Dust when was the last thing you made? It's been a while hasn't? I thought you stopped desu

So which one of these squadmates is most likely to hate borders?

Name: Pax
Scenario: Cycle Continues
Path: Endbringer
Powers:Telekinesis, Time, Gravity, Mind-Control, Energy
Appearance: Monstrous
Size: 40 Meters
Flaws: Sibling Rivalry, All At Once, Worthy Opponent

I don't think it's so unfair to let anons have their fun when it comes to powerwank, though. My only issue is when it genuinely becomes impossible to counter like 'lol I have all the powers'. If we're rocking Endbringer people, I don't think it's too harsh to let Eidolon/Glaistig-tier heroes run around too.

Wait, what are you gonna do with the teams and pastebin in the first place?