mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/qDzJ1
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1m7nEU8eZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alright lads what's the coolest thing you could have made from a Bulette's armor pieces?

D&D Monster Hunter Edition when?

I'm sketching out paladin subclass mechanics. Right now we have a pretty obvious theme that I'm interested in developing challengers for, paladins that do more with Lay on Hands, Find Steed, and Divine Sense instead of sticking to the aura/smite/abjuration focus.

Replacing the 7th level aura (and taking into account the need for a scaling health bonus, probably just twice paladin level) what's a good ballpark CR to use for steed upgrades, 2 or 3? I'm likely to build steeds from scratch rather than shovel random MM picks into place, but a basis for comparison is good.

I looked at the revised Ranger but those are just a pile of bonuses and attacks, and while I'd like the steed to be functional as a combatant I'm not interested in challenging that niche.

imgur.com/a/qDzJ1

A shield that lets you shove people into the earth, duplicating the effects of the Web spell, except they're buried and suffocating and they can't burn the web and they need bludgeoning damage to dig out instead of slashing.

what fucking size was that boar, holy unholy fuck. also the weird skull, humber hulk?

Oh sweet, thanks bro.

Boars can be fucking scary huge, mate.

I'm currently running a campaign set on a jungle continent, with what is essentially Warhammer Lizardmen as the main baddies.

I'm wanting to do a mock up of their Sun Engine, but I"m not quite sure how I want to do it. Currently, I"m thinking of having it just blast out Fireball spells repeatedly.

Any suggestions?

Reposting user's Quest for scaling artifacts/legendary items continues!

>homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1m7nEU8eZ

>Dawnflower's Ward
Added!

No problem I kinda want to throw one of those monsters at my group at some point. I'm really nervous about it though, I feel like they won't take it seriously as all of them have played quite a bit of MH at some point.

Is your plan to just wear everyone down until they stop commenting and then declare that since no one said anything it has to be balanced?

is there a way to filter replies to a filtered post?

Glancing at the thumbnail I thought that was a Torterra.

Nope, I assume there will always be problems with this material until I get comments from user's saying it's fine.

why, or rather how, are mind flayer's tentacle attacks psychic damage that use their Int mod instead of Str or bludgeoning or whatever?

Yes. Veeky Forums x if you don't have it.

Anyone trying to tie all the Yawning Portal modules into a campaign?

thanks, user. i was using the default extension, this one looks like an entire new beast.

Check out Heart of the Jungle for Pathfinder. Despite PF being a piece of shit and useless system, it has great flavor and can be used for inspiration.

As long as people are posting shitty homebrews, I could use some feedback on this shitty monster I made.

How do you make a mystic that doesn't come off as an angsty teenager? Shit's like trying to make a non-edgy warlock.

My archfey warlock is quite whimsical I'll have you know.

What is angsty about it?

what's particularly angsty about them?
half of the quirks are quite the opposite, at being absolutely socially oblivious and crap.

My GM said I can use CHA for Cursebringer. Why crawford or whoever makes the UAs feel the need to hamstring an already hamstrung class and make them need str con cha and either dex for AC or heavy armor proficiency I don't fucking know

My patron.

>mystics are outcasts
>mystics shun society because society shuns them
>mystics spend years sitting on their own because people just don't get them man
>mystics have weird quirks, like say constantly sweeping a dirty black fringe out of their eyes or being straight-edge or wearing a particular colour of clothing or dying their hair

>Be cleric
>Me and half the party is suffering from AIDS
>There's no known cure.
>Have to constantly spend my highest level spell slots just to keep it from killing us
>Just learned that it will spread from us to the rest of the party in six days, unless we find the cure
>Not even sure if my magic is doing anything

Life is pain, famalams.

Are you saying they're hippies?

That's what you get for being homos

No. Hippies at least join a shitty little commune to be outcasts together.

It's so that Sword and Board Hexblades can be a thing.

If you use the greatsword you're focused on damage, burst and self buffs. If you use other weapons then you're what Bladelock was intended to originally be. Uses melee weapons instead of EB but can still be a throwing out Attack and Save spells. It's there because otherwise greatsword's once again better then everything and there's no reason to use another weapon.

I personally like the idea but it was executed poorly. I would've preferred they made 2 invocations. One gives you the Smite effect on all your weapons, the other gives you CHA for Attacks. So you can have them both but you lose some versatility compared to Warlocks who only took one. Also so Non-Hexblade Bladelocks are decent.

>Not being a glorious immune paladin

Most their quirks aren't edgy, you're just seeing them that way.
Another take is that most mystics, if using quirks, are at some level or totally OCD and/or autistic.

Actually, paladin is suffering from it too.

They sound more like magic hipsters.

Well that's how you make a cool mystic. Turn him into an unwashed conspiracy loon hippy.

Never take an Disciplines that have an obvious effect, so people can't prove you're doing anything.

>totally OCD or autistic
This really isn't helping me shake the edgy angsty teen image of them.

I like it! I feel it should have Investigation and Survival as skills to fit with the hunting aspect. Also, Hunter's Mark should replace Shield, they don't need the extra AC. Maybe up their charisma score to 12.

...Your DM has actually just called a disease that's nothing like AIDS that? Why the fuck can't you just use a magical cure disease if it's AIDS?

>mystics shun society because society shuns them
factually incorrect, they shun society to pursue and master their newfound powers.

>When mystics finally master their power, they return to the world to broaden their horizons and practice their craft. Some mystics prefer to remain isolated, but those who become adventurers aren’t content to remain on the fringe of the world.
>While these taboos are harmless, they help cast mystics as outsiders. Few feel accepted by society, and fewer still care to become integrated with it. To mystics, the life of the mind is where they feel most at home.

It's more about they literally don't give a shit about society but aren't ever actively antagonizing it, as filthy fucking druids or rangers would...

>Immune to disease
>Seriously they have an entire feature that has the purpose of making them immune to disease
>Gets disease
>They have a feature that cures disease
Does your DM just not give a shit?

It's not actually AIDS, it's a curse from setting's equivalent of Nurgle. And no, I don't think Remove Curse is going to work either.

Just make him CWC.

>AIDS doesn't kill you
>AIDS isn't infectious
>AIDS is curable
Lad, what are you smoking?

There's not really a connection between those qualities though?
Unless you just describe things you dislike as angsty and edgy without knowing what they mean, that is.

>edgy angsty teen
>anything to do with ocd and/or autism
???

I'm genuinely curious how you don't see "I don't even like care about society like whatever" as angstry. I'm not trying to be a pain just to be a pain, but that seems very angsty to me.

>angsty teens aren't autismos
In what world?

>character is cursed
>remove curse won't work
makes you think...

Honestly, your DM sounds like shit. Does he not realise that being infested with a magical plague longterm isn't fun to you guys or does he find it fun for himself?

Mostly the fact it doesn't just spread that simply. You can actually go pretty far before getting AIDS.

>A god curses you, presumably personally
>A level 3 spell solves that problem
Got my noggin' joggin'

Yeah but running around covered in cuts and open wounds, while AIDS blood is flying all over the show seems to be a good way to get AIDS.

Aren't mystics basically monks with mind powers?

saying mystics (or for that matter druids) are angsty for not living in society is like saying beavers angsty for living in the woods.

they have nothing to gain from it and nowhere in the lore does it imply they are dicks about it.

it's not my fault you or your players have shit imagination and even shittier role playing skills.

Well, we've had two opportunities to get rid of gay plague so far, but both of them involved sucking Nurgle's cock and doing him favours. Only two people in the party think it's remoty acceptable, so we're looking for an alternative.
Since we're on a hard time limit before it starts spreading, I assume that we'll get another opportunity to heal ourselves within those six days.

One of my NPCs has a curse that is linked to items the only way to end it is through destroying those items, or Wish.

There's a difference between a druid living in nature and a "hermit" that "shuns society".

pretty much, more autistic monks but same argument. now, i don't think anyone sees monks as particularly edgy (maybe shadow or long dead) and neither would most people see mystics that way.

what exactly, the druid is doing what it feels natural for him and his powers, which is the exact same thing the mystic is doing.

you don't go meditate in the middle of a market, you find a nice tree on a quite meadow.

What do you do about murderhobos?

Well RAW, yes. It's that easy. One could assume that it's the Cleric's own god removing the curse of the other god.

Also to the original poster, if you're level 10 have you tried praying to your god?

I'm going to assume his party wasn't retarded. No shit you would avoid touching other people while they have magic AIDS but worst case scenario getting the blood on you while you're fully armoured is unlikely to do anything.

Does the DM do shit like this often?

Rocks fall etcetera

I'd really like to try and make a character who's a non-magic healer: someone who doesn't know any curative spells or anything, but can fix a splint, set a cast, stitch a wound, and perform surgery. Basically, a mundane doctor, but a good one.

Obviously taking the Healer feat would be a necessity, but I was wondering what other ideas you would have for the core of this character?

Don't you like being made irrelevant just so you can be railroaded onto some boring quest where you need to drink some magic dragon cum when the whole situation is bullshit and contrived?

Healer fucking sucks. Ask your DM to let you have this instead.

Depends on the type of game I'm running, is it a combat fest without a major narrative? If so then you're fine.

If not I don't allow them, I push my players to have some reason for fighting and have downsides for killing people at times.

That's not actually helpful.

>Standing 3 feet away from AIDS bro
>you've been adventuring all day and after fighting a billion harpies, your flesh is fucking ribbons
>something, ANYTHING, hits your AIDS bro
>genuinely expecting not to get AIDS blood in your wounds

Anyone here successfully made a dungeon with random tables?

Are you going to tell me stylites are edgy? I mean, they're hermits, they shun society (or at least the parts of society that don't live atop telephone poles) but I don't think "I am going to go worship god from atop a pole" counts as edge.

Thief or Artificer would be the obvious answers. Thanks to infuse magic you can make "Medical Kits" infused with Cure Wounds.

Remember that you're never be as good as a Cleric or whatever healer for obvious reasons.

I'm not saying it's impossible to happen but there's a few things wrong with that scenario.

First of all you can't stand within 3 feet of someone.

Second you're using HP and Meat Points.

Third you're implying that all damage causes blood to spray three fucking feat out horizontally.

Even with all that in place wouldn't the obvious answer be to not stand within 3 feet of the guy, or the smarter option. Tell him to fuck off until you can find a cure?

>the most recent example of anyone acting like a stylite was David Blaine
hmm

add consequences for whenever they murder someone, basically make the random NPCs they killed not so random after all. Suppose you decide that they've killed a shopkeeper's brother.
>the shopkeep has ventured off to learn of their missing brother's fate, so the shop is closed until further notice
>the shopkeep has paid a divination wizard to discover what happened to his brother, and has then hired a (team of) bounty hunter(s) to kill the party in revenge
>or, the shopkeep has set up elaborate traps for the party to befall them once they enter his store, so he can kill them himself
>if the NPCs looted the brother, then the shopkeep notices one of the brother's items on them next time they visit, revealing them as either thieves or murderers unless they convince him otherwise
>if they've killed a lot, have them renowned as wanted bandits across the land, and have guards try to accost them once they're recognized in a city

As for the hobo part, make temporary residences cost more. If they keep staying at inns, make the inns cost more. If they have a lot of shit, make it prone to be stolen without proper security. If they camp on the roads, make them prone to nightly attacks by beasts or bandits. Make it unsafe to shell up in anything other than a secure residence.

Obviously there's a fine line between "plausible, interesting consequences" and "excessively punishing your players for having fun wrong" but if you want to try and discourage it, those are my suggestions.

Alternatively, lean into it. If they're wandering killers, have them be approached by a guild of assassins or something. If they want to play like murderers, open up a whole world or murdering for them.

>if u jus ignore everfing dat aint in da books den AIDS is cured!
oh ok

>or the smarter option. Tell him to fuck off until you can find a cure?
If you do this to your fellow PC, you're a bad adventurer.

>gay plague

The level of autism must be off the charts.

He wasn't doing it for jesus tho, was he?

No. And neither are Mystics. Mystics aren't performing mortification.

The only thing murder hobos respect is murder. They need to learn not everyone is a punching bag.

>Easily offended faggot
>Reddit spacing
Like clockwork.

This is really helpful and really fantastic advice. Thanks muchly, bro!

I had a curse that could only be removed by a Greater Restoration

Calm down lad, are you triggered?

For not wanting to die of AIDS? I agree that situations where you should split parties for more then a little bit a few and far between but sometimes it makes no sense to keep a deathtrap around you.

Also I think people are forgetting that it takes a fair fucking time before being pozzed will kill you. About 3 years with no treatment. Within 3 years you can get the services of a powerful Cleric.

AIDSanon has already clarified that it's not actually AIDS, but a curse of divine origin. Also, he said that it will spread in six days right here.

If I'm reading this feat right, does that third trait ("clean and bind the wounds") not require the use of a medical kit? It seems like it should.

>Remember that you're never be as good as a Cleric or whatever healer for obvious reasons

I know, but for some reason the idea of playing not as a magical healer, but just some kind of no-nonsense gloves-in-the-guts war doctor appeals to me. Rogue would definitely work, as would Artificer, but even Fighter could work.

It's from Unearthed Arcana, of course it's unrefined. I advise you Fighter or Rogue for this concept, so you can grab both of those feats and not sacrifice half your ASIs.

I'm talking about real AIDS here. My suggestion about his stuff is to basically tell the DM no one is finding this fun and they're not going to suck a god's dick just to cure it.

Alternatively kill themselves and revive.

Thieves can use the Healer feat as a bonus action.

>Alternatively kill themselves and revive.
This is actually a terrible idea.

What the fuck happened to this thread?

A magic disease.

It's actually not bad at all. Wait about 8-9 hours and it gets much worse.

Nothing. We're discussing tabletop.

HP are meat points.

Is Web a good spell? Too late to change it but I'm just wondering.

Autism too stronk.

My group will be doing a 5e game eventually. I'm considering a warlock of some sort but can't quite figure out what best to do with the class. Though they seem to be the sort that's versatile enough to fill in secondary roles, but not the sort one would want for primary caster, etc.

So, anyone have some thoughts on warlocks and what to do with them? Or, for a different option, what sort of class would work best for a sort of "witch" living in the wilderness?

Warlocks spam Detect Magic and scout with their familiars (if they're smart). They blow shit up with Eldritch Blast and a big nuke or CC spell every short rest.

Yo Veeky Forums, creating a homebrew gunner class for 5e, one of the archetypes is a trickster, who mixes magic and guncraft. One idea for an ability was the Tracer Shot, a shot that automatically homes in and hits an enemy. I want it to do 1d6 damage per shot, which increases after every archetype increase. But, how many uses is enough? I've got another ability that already uses Dex mod + 1, and I don't want too many counters. Advice?