ITT we take the best parts of famous Veeky Forums characters to build a new Veeky Forums character

ITT we take the best parts of famous Veeky Forums characters to build a new Veeky Forums character.

And to avoid a shitstorm, this character will focus on the fantasy portion of Veeky Forums characters and will be a cis male. Sorry trap-enthusiasts.

>Traps aren't cis
A man that dresses like a woman but calls itself a man is still a man.

So a psuedoreligious barbarian space marine with no shirt but huge pauldrons?

But that depends on the "man", man. But you know what I mean. Nothing /d/lite unless there's a knowledgeable Veeky Forums character that is that way. I don't really care what orientation he is or whatever, as long as its a Veeky Forums inspired man.

I want him to have Fred Jones' Trap-Making abilities

>space marine
Not yet. The reason I started with fantasy Veeky Forums is because there's more of it.

Also, pitch some characters to pick apart. We're building something here.

Can y'all throw in a bit of Sorin as a shout out to my nigga in the wall

Prove how Fred is Veeky Forums related. You could always use another notable trap-making Veeky Forums character.

Sorin can represent the MtG portion of this character, but you guys need to decide which aspect/design of Sorin to use. I'm not sure if I'm 100% down for a vampire, but if anyone else votes so then it must be done.

Maybe this guy is skilled at using Sorin's Vindicate?

Nah it totally works, especially if we take Conan, which happens in the Far Future. Add some magitek and spelljammery/Eberron goodness/Dungeons the Dragoning and BOOM Fantasy Spess marine

As for characters

>Conan
>Captain Titus of the Ultramarines/Blood Ravens
>Elements of MtG dudes from across the colorwheel, Garruk, Jacen, Sorin, Koth, Gideon (Most of them are strong, so there's an underling theme, although he'd have a scholarly theme)
>The Nameless One
>

Magitek is fine, but if this evolves into a Veeky Forums universe, should the not!Space Marines really be fighting against the not!Conan's?

Also we would have to dissect the obvious choices as a board and figure out which parts to use. I'm OP and I can't contribute portions until this thread gets big. So, can you pitch a single character and which aspect you want to take from him?

>Captain Titus of the Ultramarines/Blood Ravens
>not all the primarchs, at the same time

Well, he's gotta be the exiled outcast for going against the norm of his race too.

But what did he do user? Was the norm to be a massive cunt?

But seriously, who's a Veeky Forums character that's been exiled or a Veeky Forums setting known for exiling? Plugging in for backstory is acceptable, too.

I wouldn't think about this as a worldbuidling thing, more about building a pastiche mary sue mascot, like Tessagog but without the fetishes. Okay maybe with a little fetish.

It's all about finding common threads amongst a wide variety of Veeky Forums related characters to build the base of the character then using the uncommon traits of individual characters to add flavor and personality other than "Strong Dude with Pauldrons"

Please no fetishes. That's what got those guys in that mess.

So far the only thing we have for character is Sorin for a starting point, but the only thing pitched about him was his Vindicate, which is just a gnarly way to destroy something. We need more input.

Someone already suggested primarchs?

If we already have Sorin, Sanguinius should work

I'm still proud of how close I cropped that to the actual card art.
Jae Beleren will haunt me forever, though.

I only know 40k through Cultist-chan. Who are the Primarchs?

Good man. The actual card was Anguished Unmaking(AU), but Sorin DID use Vindicate prior. Should this characters Vindicate/AU go hand in hand?

Drizzt is the big one, mostly.

I see his name all the time and I revere him, but I have no clue what he's done. Why did he get exiled? What did he do afterwards?

Anyone got that screencap about how Drizzt has Drow Autism?

Basically in the Forgotten Realms Drow are a bunch of manipulative cunts who connive and backstab everyone and anyone to get ahead in power. Drizzt is born and he grows up to be not a cunt, so everyone hates him and he decides to run away, causing his house to constantly send parties out to hunt him down. He escapes to the surface world, befriends a old dwarf dude, adventures with his party, bangs a girl he watched grow up from childhood, yadda yadda yadda and eventually fucks the Drow up enough that they just stop trying to mess with him. Now him and his books are actually pretty decent, but his character archetype spawned a giant surge of shitty "noble outcast" Mary Sues that make a lot of people dislike him.

So Primarchs. Big Veeky Forums shitposting mainstays.

I think the first thing to be done is find commonality between them

>LARGE
>Smart, by and large
>Wary eye towards any authority but their own, if not outright rebellion towards poor leadership
>In general good tacticians. Primarchs are only shit tier at things (besides social skills) when compared to other Primarchs.
>Craftsmen (Vulkan, Ferrus Manus, Fulgrim, Dorn, and Perturabo were all excellent craftsmen and builders, while Khan and Girlyman were builders of society. And Kurze was gifted at...arts and crafts...)

>unironically using SJW terms

Sholarly Craftsman that is leery of foreign leadership also sounds pretty Dwarfish too

I think the most important part of the Primarchs is their pride. Even in the depths of the Heresy they all held staunch in their beliefs that they were right. Except Curze, but his mental issues are his defining characteristic.

Also that they were all natural leaders, one way or another. All of their backstories more or less have them conquer or almost conquer the planet they crashed on.

And anger issues.

Nearly every Primarch has a moment where they fly completely off the handle

So he's a cis male (female)
What else

>Except Curze, but his mental issues are his defining characteristic.
Dat ass is also his defining characteristic

So for Drizzt's take, we can take the aspects of his design, him being a drow, or the noble outcast motif but better. Or we could just take the society he was raised in to be a part of his character and make him be exiled due to the Primarch aspects.

Then we have these towering scholars. Natural born leaders with their own special niches and complexes to make them border tyranny or self-destruction.

Sounds about right?

>Sorry trap-enthusiasts
This is nothing but bigotry. Traps are awesome. I want a walking pendulum coated with yellow mold, and I'm gonna *get* a walking pendulum coated with yellow mold, even if I have to scrunchee a bunch of mold together into the semblance of a cock and balls to do it.

I think it's important we actually set up who we're incorporating into the character in the first place. The Primarchs, MtG Planeswalkers, Drizzt, and Conan are the ones we have so far, and that about really covers the main Veeky Forums topics that dominate this board. Who else is important enough and at-least tangentially Veeky Forums related to warrant inclusion? Maybe Guts?

Mhhhhh

I like Berserk, but as soon as we incorporate off-board material, no matter how integral to Veeky Forums, the more authenticity is loss. Well that's how I feel personally.

This.

Literally anything in the fucking world is Veeky Forums related if you make it so. We need straight to the source Veeky Forums.

What are some major dudes in other settings like World of Darkness, Eclipse Phase, Battletech, etc?

Some Fucklaw maybe ?

His methods are too subtle for you.

Am thinking I should be scared

Henderson.

You can't use Veeky Forums-made characters to create other Veeky Forums-made.

It will get too incestuous and devolve into memes and nothing but