Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How realistic/goofy/sexy is the armor you depict your characters in?
I bet you always have a hard time finding a picture with a chain shirt for your chain shirt characters, so you just say it's hidden under clothes, right?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ
youtube.com/watch?v=2osEJsSd-TY
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5035756/applications-go-here/?pageforid=5063342#post-5063342
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljtw?Wess-Last-Words
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4844265/character-applications
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What kind of autism compels you to continually ruin every OP with your faggotry?

Depends, I have commissioned 2 arts for my Pathfinder character.

This is him on early levels, old armor but still functional. No polish on it but enough to get in combat.

Reflects a bit of the character personality of no finesse.

>How realistic/goofy/sexy is the armor you depict your characters in?

As realistic as I can find it, and if I can't find it I shift down to semi-realistic.

>wearing armor

What am I gay?

What do you do if someone in your group uses decidedly unrealistic armor?

Pic related is your brutal slayer for the campaign.

>What do you do if someone in your group uses decidedly unrealistic armor?

I ignore it by assuming they're wearing practical armor in-game, and the character art is just so I can get an idea of their appearance and figure.

>Whoever makes the next thread, please use this updated unified link repository link: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

What if they make constant mention as to their armor and draw on the fact that it's decidedly unrealistic?

Wearing a full plate, need to commission a standalone version with updated gear of him, wanted to see him with helmet.

So my wizard can't pass a save throw to save his god damn life. I did things proper, got an initiative familiar, the right feats, and even grabbed divination.

I go first probably 2/3 of the time (the other times are our archer paladin). The issue is I go first, cast a spell, maybe debilitate one enemy, then when I need to make a saving throw my puckered wizard bung hole gets violated. I have my cloak, but my stats can't cover for shit. I'm regretting not getting a fort save familiar. Plus I only have one good save.

My Dex/Con/Wis are 12/14/14. I only have a +5 to my fort save. I get hit with a Fortitude Saving Throw and then I/m nauseated for the next few rounds. Or sickened. Or screaming uncontrollably.

How the fuck do I get a better fort save as a wizard? Honestly my will and reflex saves aren't that much better.

Honestly, I tend to go pretty normal when I'm choosing character art. The most stylized art I've ever used, which was for Wrath of the Raunchy, wasn't even what the character's armor was supposed to look like.

It's the characters themselves who tend to look bizarre.

>What if they make constant mention as to their armor and draw on the fact that it's decidedly unrealistic?

Then they're probably a bad player and someone that should not have made it into the campaign.

I don't know, it more sounds like you're a bad and overly autistic player.

I'm with you, man.
Normal armor hiding something utterly unexpected is the way to go.

If it serves to accent some part of their character's personality? Then it's fine.

If it's just LEL FANTASY TROPES AMIRITE then I tell them to tone it down.

You asked for my opinion, and I gave it, buddy. A player that constantly emphasizes how the tight leather bindings that hold her large, heaving breasts in place strain and stretch with movement isn't something I want to read.

Why not?

I don't see any update.

Because it's... Okay, it's something I'd want to read, but not shoved in my face all the ding dong time.

How much boob is too much boob at a time?

Depends on the class and the character, honestly. If they're an extremely busty sorceress with a barely-there dress that accentuates all the right curves, sure! Describe how they jiggle or sway with vigorous movement! But I don't wanna have to deal with that shit if it's a heavily-armored female knight that's trying to take herself seriously.

There's also the matter of tone, I suppose. If the campaign allows that stuff, you proceed with it, but otherwise you just don't mention it at all. Also, sub-tones related to the character. If they're seductive or sultry, you should bring that stuff up, and much less so if they're a relatively straight-laced character.

What if it's a very stoic and dangerous Warder in full plate all the time with a deep metallic voice, but when they take their armor off to bathe it's a very sensitive, stammering lady with long dark hair and a very full chest who's flawless skin and silky hair are very sensitive to the touch from being in armor all day?

I feel Blingmaker's theme song is going to turn into this long about book 3 or 4
youtube.com/watch?v=2osEJsSd-TY

>but when they take their armor off to bathe

See, this is where the example falls apart because you're expected to (at the very least) acknowledge that a character's naked when they're stripping down to bathe, and knowing how most /pfg/ campaigns go they'll go the extra mile and describe details related to chest size, overall figure, maybe even the blatantly erotic stuff like hair or nipples.

I'm not talking about special situations where you're given the green-light to get flowery with your figure, I'm talking standard ass hauling yourself through the forest or sitting down to discuss tactics.

Generally I try and use either headshots or just admit "this is what they look like without armor". Unless I'm commissioning or drawthread-trawling for my art, then I get the specifics down.

Welcome to living with the reality behind the meme.

Get a cyclops helm and force a 20 on saves you NEED to pass.

>/pfg/ only likes character who are beautiful
>my character is ugly and cripplingly disfigured to boot
So /pfg/, do you have my character? I could describe him if you all want.

>So /pfg/, do you have my character?

What, like this?

Cyclops helms should 100% not exist

I meant hate, but that too I suppose.

>maybe even the blatantly erotic stuff like hair or nipples
Unless they are a barbie doll why would they not at least give a brief description of their nipples when naked?

It begins. Taking bet on when Fanganon II will have a nervous breakdown like Fanganon I.
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5035756/applications-go-here/?pageforid=5063342#post-5063342

Saying "they're naked" is usually enough for most people who AREN'T ERPing but are comfortable with adult themes.

I've got a bit of artwork like this, actually!

>app.roll20.net/forum/post/5035756/applications-go-here/?pageforid=5063342#post-5063342
holy shit its so bad

Well in that case your reasons for wanting realistic armor and characters is perfectly valid and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Nah, most of my characters generally fall somewhere around a 5-6/10. Mostly because I myself am a 4

>why would they not at least give a brief description of their nipples when naked?

>you're expected to (at the very least) acknowledge that a character's naked when they're stripping down to bathe, and knowing how most /pfg/ campaigns go they'll go the extra mile

>they'll go the extra mile

Most people are fine with you saying, "They're naked" and MAYBE a very quick confirmation that they've got a voluptuous figure or are thin and slender.

Nobody gots to know you've been sculpting your pubes to look like an arrow, or your fat nipples are pierced.

That's bad.

What the fuck, I almost played with that guy.

He got kicked after before session zero because he kept trying to play a Magus with an Axe-Guitar, in a warring kingdoms era fantasy setting; and was harassing the DM about it.

user included his entothrope skinwalker variant. That's the only difference I spotted.

If he's distinctive and personable and doesn't have disfigurements specifically described to sound gross? Sure, describe away.

Well, it is the same character here. Dude got problem.

He's still doing that

There's something kind of sad about these people, the ones who are clearly trying again and again with a concept because they've obviously got some investment in it.

Nipples? No. But I'll likely put plenty of description towards muscles, maybe a little bit of chest or arm hair. And maybe--MAYBE--a euphemistic sidelong glance at the idea of his junk.

You'd think they would try to improve the concept.

>Taking bet on when Fanganon II will have a nervous breakdown like Fanganon I.
If he does I offer a piece of humble advice to the inevitable intrepid Fanganon III: don't list the game as a Pathfinder game, list it as "other" so the normies don't storm your LFG looking to play the new hotness in Paizuri APs.

Probably a living campaign faggot who thinks his OC will be a legend if only it was given a chance.

Forte is cute. Cute!

Is the Paizo spam that bad?

God dammit user I was about to post this! Forte is a precious cinnamon bun and must be cherished like the qtp2t she is!

yes

Unrelated to any discussion currently going on, but farewell to Wes.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljtw?Wess-Last-Words

He probably commissioned he art two and thinks the character could become one of those count bearington/luchador monk memes.

>A crevice runs through his face. One brow is buckled, leaving a hairless rent that goes up into his hairline. The eye is useless and blind, a dirty red white. The slash continues to his nose, a chunk of it missing, and down to carve a cleft in his lip. Several teeth are missing. The bones in his cheek and brow did not seem to set well and now curl down slightly. His face is constantly scrunched, eyes watery, and skin a pale clammy color. From what expression you can still see in his good eye it is a look of constant low intensity pain.
>Three holes decorate one shoulder, old arrow wounds since healed. The scars form three puckered marks.
>One of his legs is misshapen, twisted at an odd angel where the bones did not heal correctly. The foot now pigeon toed sharply.
>His left hand is missing. A network of pasty scarred flesh goes from his stump of a forearm up to his elbow. Strapped over the stump is a crude wooden hand, bronze caps adorning his finger tips.
>A scar travels from the top of his right shoulder to his ground, pasty white, but shows a distinct red when he exerts himself

He was a Barbarian VMC Oracle who had a rough time.

Forte is short! SHORT!

user, I want you to go searching on the Roll20 LFG and find out the general level quality for applications throughout.

I honestly think this guy is just another bamboozle waiting to happen.

Many pfg-ers are flaky as fuck though. Played with some and they all flaked with zero excuses. The DM isn't even that bad and the game is enjoyable with only me and 4 5 other normies.

>Short
>Absurdly busty
>Sassy and sensual
Is Branwen a Draph? Is she hiding horns under that hat?

If you want to see how hilarious r20 rando apps can be, take a look at the apps for the last user who tried this (look at apps like Varico, Grif, or Locke):
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4844265/character-applications

>paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljtw?Wess-Last-Words
>Mark Seifter: Seifter is radiation. Not, like, the bad kind, but the sort of sci-fi radiation that makes things grow in brilliantly unpredictable ways. Rather than growing plants or Hulks, though, Mark grows intricate rules systems, transforming the mundane into marvels. Fortunately, this boundless energy has been a boon to those in need, from fellow designers to questioning forum posters. Whether in brainstorms or on the convention floor, Mark's vigor is unignorable and promises a future vibrant with mighty things.

...I kinda like Mark Seifter.

>And maybe--MAYBE--a euphemistic sidelong glance at the idea of his junk.
This is only ever useful if you're playing one of those freak races where people are genuinely curious just what's hanging between your legs.

When do the applications close

"I bet /r/Veeky Forums would enjoy one of those angle-bracket texts about my zany adventures!"

>axe guitar
>Perform -1

What did he mean by this?

Like I said: MAYBE.
It depends on what kind of group I'm in. Or whether I think it'd be funny.

Ouch.

Weird how Veeky Forums can create more 'credible' characters

that he can't even be assed to try to make his concept mechanically consistent with clever wordplay

So, who among /pfg/ makes good characters but isn't a waifu/husbando smith?

Dude just look at the Demonlands apps thats a /pfg/ game and there's already strong apps there

That's not so bad, though I'd think it would do you good to cut back on the exact details just for the sake of not letting the descriptions run on too long.

At the very least, it seems that there's more attention paid to detailing how much pain he's in, emotionally and physically, rather than simply going DUDE ISN'T THIS GROSS.

Disk

user, the Waifusmiths are mostly excellent because their waifus are good characters

Looks at the attributes. How the fuck do you get 18 10 15 16 18 8 on a 25 PB

Swanne is a pretty weak app.

Disk

What are tropes you regularly use in games while GMing /pfg/?

Post your top 5 and rate others:
>a homeless man/beggar has the answers you need
>the golden & silver ratio are signs of deific activity, if they start occuring naturally in shit the gods are meddling
>a royal bloodline + corruption, basically the royal are slowly losing their bloodline to a corrupt bloodline
>powerful evil characters who have no interest in fighting the PCs but instead want to tempt them
>road trips & going stupidly fast

>Chris Lambertz: Chris cultivates the best stuffed critter shelf at Paizo. Her miniature army helps her fend off the endless press of tiny typhoons that endlessly wash across her desk. Her hordes also defend dual hidden fonts, one of boundless pragmatism and the other of boundless optimism. She uses these to look forward to better things even as she wrangles the calamity du jour. You might not know Chris, but she believes in you, the great person you are, and the better person you can be. If you ever receive moderation from her, count yourself lucky... then consider making deep spiritual improvements in your life.

CHRIS WAS A GIRL!? I thought they were a guy with a name like that!
... And according to Google, she actually looks kinda cute?

There were some good ones back in the early days of RotJR recruitment.
Like the guy who made Gallius and Hikari

>How the fuck do you get 18 10 15 16 18 8 on a 25 PB
Just a theory but 8+0+5+6+8-2=25. Dude doesn't understand how point buy works.

Is DHB a waifusmith? I would consider her a meta waifu-smith considering she made herself into the perfect waifu

I think he is under the impression that each stat point over 10 is worth 1

Planning a game.

Was going to use the following rules:
Feat Tax in effect. Background skills in effect, but can't be more than 1/2 max ranks.
No multiclassing. Special gestalt: Pick a non-casting non-initiating non-psychic class. Every odd level is that class gestalted with an initiator of your choice, every even level is that class gestalted with a caster or psionic of your choice.
Core races only, but then you get to spend 6 race points to soup it up. Advanced traits OK, monstrous traits no.
Start at level 6.
No spending your WBL, instead we'll roll magic items discarding anything that'd push you over WBL until the third one would push you over WBL, and at that point you instead get the rest of your WBL in coins. Swapping items between party members encouraged.

Would you join this game?

>Jason Bulmahn: Sometimes, after spending a decade gaslighting a man, you have regrets. In the best cases, though, you look back, satisfied at a job well done...
>Jason brought this harassment on himself in two ways...
>But what's the secret? Well, there's sort of a lot here, but if you want something concrete: we legally changed the spelling of Jason's last name in 2008.

Wow, even among the Paizo offices, people don't like Bulmahn.

That.... is hilarious!

Not really. DHB doesn't make waifus, he only sorta-kinda makes husbandos, and actively avoids making his characters sexual in any way except as a joke to get the thread riled.

More like so many people get incensed over the mention of DHB that they see any of his characters as a waifu/husbando just because they want to touch the untouchable.

>Would you join this game?
Probably not.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>CHRIS WAS A GIRL!?
WHAT?

Is this the gnome shota guy again?

that gestalt sounds fucking worthless.and confusing

Why?

Never seen this faggot before. How about a link?

Give me a hook!

>not wanting to bone one of DHB's evil characters
DHB is actually really good at making villains

nah, its a different guy i'm sure of it