Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Grognards eternally BTFO
ALL my vehicles are now monstrous creatures

>Last ditbit on vehicles
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/18/new-warhammer-40000-vehicles-may18gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan :
youtu.be/CZEXEZnM8kU

>Thread OST
youtube.com/watch?v=CFfxjRL9wyo

>Previously on /40kg/
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNXY2Fx2Pq4
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/437243
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So how bout that charging

>Grognards eternally BTFO
I don't suppose it'd be possible for one 40k thread on Veeky Forums to go by without "muh grognards" and "muh nucanon" tribal warfare coloring everything?
No?
We're just going to start with it?

It's just one guy but he actually bothered to make the thread so deal with it.

If you want rational dicussion, go talk to your friends.
If you want a circlejerk, go to reddit.
Veeky Forums is for endless Edition Wars

Posting watchable thread OST for my fellow burgers.

youtube.com/watch?v=wNXY2Fx2Pq4

OP 5 is the best.

>unlimited overwatch
Hwun kahn ohn-lee turn tew kay-oss.

>typical /pol/-tier fantasy picture
>"grognard" and "BTFO" - /pol/tards classical catchphrases
>so retarded that he almost entirely copy-pasted last thread's text, without even modyfing or removing the "thread OST" part
>will probably anwser to this post by saying something along the lines of "Muh newfag" or "Muh not /pol/ !", or even "Muh Reddit"

Fuck. You.

so will poison stay as 4+ to wound? i haven't been able to play 40k with my tyranids in long time because my only opponent for the time being plays Deldar and we know that unless i do flyrant spam i will lose unless he deliberately tries to lose by avoiding all the poison

What about charging ?

>keep trying to get my friends into 40k so we can play
>they're all broke ass jobless skill-less fucks

Go back to /pol/ tyrone.

Fuck off

i meant vehicle charging i forgot a word.

Can't overwatch anymore when my Rhino charged first and made it into close combat range.

RHINO RUSH IS BACK BABY

>Tfw got 80$ GW Voucher
>Don't know what to do with it, don't know what army to start

HELP

Shit taste famalam. Enjoy those Primmarines

tfw I have two friends who have real jobs and make real money, but one is too lazy to paint after work and the other won't just because he's red-color blind and doesn't want to paint with just blue and yellow.

Start Nids

Fuck off bolter bitch.

They charge just like everything else in 8th edition : be within 12'', roll 2D6, eat overwatch, move how much you rolled foward, if you get within 1'' of an enemy model they are now in close combat with you.

Vehicles themselves won't do much, with anything not meant for CC only hitting on a 6 ... but there are benefits to it.

>Grognard and BTFO are /pol/
weak af b8

I will. I think they look pretty cool. I was planning on Exorcists being my 4th army, and Primarines only make me look forward to them. They'll all be truescale and look great.

>t. alpha lejewn

Dark Eldar will suck, so they will lower their points to compensate.
Nids will suck against Dark Eldar so they will get their points lowered.
Everything will now suck against Nids so now they get their points lowered.
Nids and Dark Eldar will becone the lowest on the totem pole again and balace will return to the universe as Nid players bitch eternally.

Wish her hair covered her head, instead of doing whatever it does

TINY LITTLE TRAITORS

Hey there /po/ fag did you know the God Emperor of Mankind threw the last stone from the last church at the last Christian priest? You are commiting Heresy of the highest degree. Prepare to get your ass Imperial Fisted by the Inquisition.

Lack of bare feet in these 2 pictures disturbs me

>because he's red-color blind and doesn't want to paint with just blue and yellow.
He is chosen for starting Emperor's Finest or his Alaitoc and Iyanden allies!

Don't they make enough money to have somebody paint their shit for them ? There are people actually making a living painting other people's warhammer models.

I'd like to open her seventh way if you catch my drift

footfag pls go and stay go

Never user with Nids possibly becoming good in 8th i will be here a lot more.

>footfag is a nidleaf
Can't make this shit up lmao
Now return to your containment board

>Don't they make enough money to have somebody paint their shit for them ?
One probably doesn't, he makes enough to stay alive, have a nice car, and fund his hobbies, and that's about it.

The other (colorblind) occasionally pays me to paint board game models since I'll do it cheap, but I have enough of my own models to get through without painting an entire army and he'd much rather spend his money on a new custom AR build or graphics card.

Why does everybody who plays Tyranids have at least one weird or fucked up fetish ?

Actually, don't answer that. Probably something I don't want to know ...

You generally need to be mentally ill to play an army of primal retarded oversized space bugs.

I dont know user. I mean Feet arent that weird i think its rather vanilla for the stuff i have seen. Have i mentioned i am also a furry?

>I'd like to open her seventh way if you catch my drift

Go and stay go

Ignore/Report/Hide /pol/ Threads

>hand rubbing intensifies

Only if you swallow me whole and steal my unpassworded phone and post your ownership of me to all your social media.
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/437243
I have 4 chinese flyrants.

How's your gaming community guys?

Mine is feeling more and more dead, I went for the "weekly 40k" night and literally nobody showed, I even reached out to one of the regs but he had to move his schedule or something

depressing stuff tbqh. At least there's a tourney I can go get crushed at this Sat.

I just know I'm gonna cave and buy some Numarines eventually. Question is, should I paint and model them all as:

>Space wolf Successors
Use the fact that Primarines can be any geneseed to justify a chapter of them that can be from somewhere other than Fenris and won't be all Wolf all the time

or

>Khornate Warband
Have them just be Khornate marines recruiting from some deathworld where people are already 7 feet tall on average. Swap out heads and shoulder pads and add a few spikes here and there.

This. The only appeal of that boring faction is the fulfillment of fetishes for the mentally ill.

>Marines can convert into Primaris Marines via technology Guilliman has given the Chapters
>Chapters now have the process to make Primaris Marines
>Primaris Marines are highly resistant to Chaos but untested

That FB live chat was informative.

Please do not post my OC ever agin and do not respond to my posts ever again. Thank you.

I'd go with the latter. Fuck the Yiffers and their snoflake fluff.

>How's your gaming community guys?
Dunno. I just game with my old college buddies online these days. It's probably been at least a year at this point since I've stopped into my LFGS for longer than it takes to grab a box of models and a couple comics and purchase them. I'll probably play actual TT again in a couple months though when someone can make it into town.

If this is true then anons were right about Primaris being the stepping stone for a full phase-out of the manlet models.

How much did you spend on a hobby to be alone in the backroom of a stripmall?

pic related. Obviously you aren't a well read individual if you think everyone isn't twisted up inside.

>They can rerelease the entire Space Marine range and pretend it's new.
Genius really.

AoS Blood Warrior heads and arms would look perfect on them.

Dude organizing stuff moved away, and with 8th on the horizon there's a lot of just 'wait and see' among everyone.

Well anyone can see that coming, but the problem is good SM isn't gonna get phased out gonna happen anytime soon ( 3-5 years I assume ) so don't worry too much about it.

Gulp me down like one of you french dinobugs

Eldar obviously

>Shooting plasma with my battle-brothers
>Can't help but get hot
Those were some wild times!

The thing about this that bothers me the most, is that these new models have been pretty well established as "Primaris Marines". So if they get rid of the old rules and models for space marines, it'll be that much harder to play battles set in the 10,000 years before the 40k setting transforms into a story.

Mine's great. The Chicagoland area is full of stores and GW stores that have really nice people. I came back to 40k about 6 months ago and pretty much everyone I've met has been amiable. I've heard stories of people to avoid, but never met any of them so far.

I feel I got lucky. I've seen a lot of people talk about how there's no one to play or no stores near by. That must be demoralizing.

>Green Gravgun

Gravity is purple. Everyone knows that!

That's not even plasma, user, you... you...

Infected by unnatural aggression,
Driven by abnormal death selection
No antibodies to fix my mind,
No tears will dim my savage eyes!

Adrenaline control,
Forever fix my soul,
Curse by my side,
Judgement in disguise,

I am the war, never disarmed
I am the war, within my heart
I am the war, supreme command
I am the war, living on the edge

I am the war! Blood!

Well, odds are you'll still have all the Horus Heresy stuff, and it'll be hard to justify scaling that up or discontinuing it.

In a way, that's kind of fitting, since even as things advance and Primaris marines become more common, the main marines holding out would be those who are so traditional that they go as far to use really old armor patterns.

Load up on genestealers and pyrovores.

Tau players on suicide watch!

B-But i came here to talk about 40k and just happened to see a picture that usually has barefeet

That, and the fact that lore-wise every marine chapter will eventually consist only of Primaris. It just seems to me like an excuse to keep producing and selling marine stuff, regardless of fluff casualties.

>purple gravity
My melanin enriched battle brother.

Yeah, only reason I'd want space wolves is specifically to avoid their more snowflake attributes. Outside of their viking looks and freeze guns, I'm not too big on them

Those are pretty sick. The idea of having the Khorne marines having sleeveless power armor is also an entertaining idea. I'm leaning towards it as well since it'll let me have the rest of my Chaos army stay at the old marine height, while having the separation between the normal and big marines clear.

It's about time. Space marines have been edition proof. Now you can refit everything and hopefully get several codex's written by pic related

Read up on fluff for all factions on the wiki. You don't want to waste saving 80$ on a hasty choice.

Wasn't he the head of the development team? It could well be his idea.

how many drew careys can you buy with that?

Drukhari get

How would I go about making a Chaos aligned Mechanicum army?

years from now your children will be playing Warhammer: 50,000 and suddenly -New- =Improved= GamesWorkshop, The Taste You Can See (TM) will reveal their latest line of Warhammer: 40,000 miniatures to enact historical fights pulled from the depths of ancient lore.
>>Forgeworld will initially make the models for it until it is popular
>>There are weird retcons but you enjoy the seeing your children paint the nostalgic redesigns of shorter marines and the ancient Aquilla pattern armor.

Forgeworld hasn't made Mk. 7, so that's not a solution to wanting to make "historical" armies after the HH. Not yet anyway.

Make a Mechanicus army, but draw some 8-pointed stars on everything and act tough when you play them.

I'd wait for the 8e chaos codex. Who knows, we might get a few rules for them.

>-New- =Improved= GamesWorkshop, The Taste You Can See (TM)

use mechanicum detachments and chaos detachments

>FW mk7 would have even thinner legs and cost fortune
No thanks.

Pretty much though I would also wait for that Forgeworld Admech v. Tau book that's coming out in case that has rules.

Otherwise, your options are simply to play normal Ad Mech and make them spiky, or to play Chaos, get a Warpsmith, and just load up on as many vehicles and tech-related things as possible.

So there is a chance we might have rules then with 8th...I shall hold from buying anything just yet then.

So a Drukhari character raised a good point towards a human he was torturing.

How what the Drukhari do considered morally repugnant when humans do the same things to their beasts and animal such as grox.

The logic here is what they are doing has no morality factored in it. It's just a predator preying on his prey.

Do you agree, Veeky Forums?

Dark Mechanicum is in Angelus, the next Horus Heresy book. Models around then. Wait for that.

Later, perhaps lovely dark mechanicum plastic models might also be in the next GW plastic box set, combined with plastic MK2 marines and released alongside a dark mechanicum 40k army release thousand sons style?

WHO KNOWS

So my psychotic tank shocking rampages just got better. Well better for me. Damn I hate Orks.

The recent developments in the lore of 40k are indicative of a huge tonal shift. The Imperium’s ignorant struggle has been the defining feature of the story since RT and while “advancing” the plot is probably something necessary to breathe new life into the game and community, I think we’re right to question the substance and implication of this new direction.
So far, things are what we might expect – the fluff is a little less internally consistent when told at this macro scale – and we are seeing things moving at the speed of “plot.” The biggest problem here in my opinion is the reintroduction of a bevy of characters that have had firsthand experience of the Imperium that was. It doesn’t help that it reinforces the self-inflicted meme of Spiritual Liege shit that has plagued us for a few editions now. Rouboute is back and he’s talking to the emperor. This itself doesn’t need to be frustrating.
The imperium is apparently more on the brink in this book than at any other point in the setting’s history. The Cicatrix Maledictum has apparently thrown a huge swathe of worlds into absolute turmoil and all-out war. There are gems of interesting content – the Blood Angels are suffering a similar fate to their Successors the Lamenters, their backs are truly against the wall. There is the potential of an Imperial Crusade into the Eye to reclaim the fragments of Cadian forces around the sector. But we also have the Super-Super Space Special Marines, who are beautiful models, yet clumsy and ham-fistedly shoved into the fluff with seemingly no deficit. It would be brave of GW to write these new soldiers in the shades of gray we’ve come to expect but I have my doubts that will be the case.
Ultimately I think we’re heading toward a noblebright future. This doesn’t have to be a bad thing – but it feels forced and that does feel bad.
What are your thoughts on this transition?

>he’s talking to the emperor.

There is no proof that he talked to the Emperor.

>Ultimately I think we’re heading toward a noblebright future.

The WD says that this is the final war but it's going last centuries. There is no brightness ahead only more war and horror.

FOR THE EMPEROR factions:
>Religious Halo Dudes ("Good" variant), over a dozen subflavors including werewolf and vampire halodudes.
>Religious Vietnam Soldier Swarms ("Good" variant)
>Religious Robofuckers and Cybombies
>Religious Nuns with Guns
>Knights of the Giant Mecha

CHAOS (Blood&Skulls, Puss & Sores, Chix w Dix, or Rainbow Magicians flavors)
>Religious Halo Dudes (Mutated "Evil" variant)
>Religious Vietnam Soldier Swarms (Mutated "Evil" variant)
>"Imma fuckin demon!"

ALIENS
>Goofball idiot punks made of mold, love fighting and making stuff in arts&crafts that shouldn't work but does. They got

>SKREEE Swarms of Space Genetic Murder Bugs
>Cultists of Space Genetic Murder Bugs

>Space High Elves, arrogant.
>Space Dark Elves, rapey.
>Space Unified Elves

>Metal Undead

>Blue Dudes who shoot a lot, and hire/conquer aliens to help with everything else. Have mecha and robo waifus. They can't decide if they're the good guys or 1985.

>transition
Like a teen boy getting surgery to become a "girl"

That's how well it will go.

>The imperium is apparently more on the brink in this book than at any other point in the setting’s history. The Cicatrix Maledictum has apparently thrown a huge swathe of worlds into absolute turmoil and all-out war.
All Imperial worlds are touched by war now, but on the other hand the Imperium is more strongly united than it's ever been in the post-Primarchs era, a legend has been brought back to life to lead the Imperium (and he even talked with papa emprah), the Imperium is on a general offensive for the first time since the Horus Heresy, Chads have emerged to replace obsolete manlets, there is an "uneasy" friendship with the Eldar, and papa Smurf's crusade is winning everything.
I don't know if it'll go noblebright, but it's not grim darkness by any stretch right now despite the B-B-B-BUT MUH RIP OF TERROR narrative.
It sucks.

>Metal Undead

A machine cannot be undead because it was never alive!