/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ebLyz1Fp
youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've seen that other, newish Genie game on /d. I can't remember, is there something about it that makes it impossible to post here?

So what's with /cyoag/ and its obsession over waifus and the futile hopes and dreams it entails?

Everyone here is desperate, user.

Absolutely desperate.

CYOAs are all about fantasizing and mostly about wish fulfillment of some kind. Futile hopes and dreams just come with the territory.

My obsession waifus started back in 2012 when I ended the most serious and longest relationship in my life. Encountering VNs and the idea of waifus is the only that's kept me going ever since.
But personally, my ideal CYOA would be 50% generic adventure and creating a different you and 50% well thought out and interesting waifus you can choose from to come with you.
Many CYOA have a higher focus on the first half and my own is much more focused on the Waifu with only a limitted amount of self customization.

>Immortality!
Pleasantly surprised.

Fantasy. The potential just surpasses all the other options.

D

Assuming you mean "Dream of Genie", there is not. This is where it was first posted, after all.

So I have two ideas for a Supervillain CYOA

One would be a Thunderbolts CYOA. You're the warden of the Thunderbolts program, using supervillains to go on missions and they get reduced sentences in return.
Choose the villains, missions, and some perks for yourself and the villains. You have a power dampener to make sure they don't try to rebel against you.

Or

A henchman CYOA. Choose a supervillain to work for, your perks you get with the job, position you're working for in the company, and the super hero who will try to stop you and your boss.

I like the henchman idea. Being the right-hand man of the big bad would be pretty cool.

Like the stereotypical evil sorcerer working for a malevolent king.

>Thunderbolts CYOA
Cool! I like that one.

For Thunderbolts, would you being using Marvel villains or OCs?

Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

I'd probably go Marvel, just because I know them better and it'd be easier than coming up with a ton of all new characters.

Both sound like great concepts, there are no good henchman CYOA for some reason.

>there are no good husbando CYOA for some reason.

fixed

Imagine if we had both user. That's the problem with Husbandos, they are more often than not the main characters of their own story and doms, as such i'd rather be a henchman to one than be my equal or lesser half.

INFACT, THATS PERFECT.

>But personally, my ideal CYOA would be 50% generic adventure and creating a different you and 50% well thought out and interesting waifus you can choose from to come with you.

Add in some non waifu friends to flesh it out and that's pretty much my ideal as well.

A question if I may while you're about, can you give us an estimate for the powerlevel for the Guardian elixir?

Both sound pretty awesome, I've vote for the Henchman one if I had to though

What do you think of the balance between followers and adventures that Eternal's Rising had? I thought that CYOA handled it quite well.

Speaking of thunderbolts, I made a new companion for Traveller's Tale.

Hell yeah.

Ghost would definitely be one of the villains I would use in the Thunderbolts CYOA.

I'm a bit worried, but I didn't save something. It was a CYOA that started on *****'s /cyoa/ board and was lewd, but lower image quality. you could make nearly anything, including animals and beasts. (It's primary purpose. was rape monsters.)'

There was a section where you coudl take companions, which were 'generic' archtypes and a few premade characters.

Anybody has any ideas?

I vote for henchmen.

user, please make an expansive henchman CYOA with a wide variation of bosses, strong and predominantly male.

Also armours/clothing and vehicles/mounts.

a

Gee I wonder why someone would fantasize about an impossibly perfect girlfriend.

It's fantasy. If you can fantasize about omnipotence or someshit I can fantasize about a hot nice cute girl that loves me for no reason.

Hahaha more progress matees, even though I am sobering up because I have shit to do today, I am making more progress!

Where's mead, you faggot?

pastebin.com/ebLyz1Fp
Do categories have enough choices? Are specializations varied?
Does it look to be ready to get visuals?

Some of the images seem to be stretched in unpleasant ways.

Shit, knew I forgot something, will add it shortly, ya knob.

Yeah, those were probably the ones that either I fucked up or came fucked up. Point em out for me, and I'll see what I can do, mate.

is there a third page?

Jeez why doesn't everyone fantasize about the things that I fantasize about, what a bunch of wierdos!

t. you.

Origin: The Now; Watcher
Skills, Perks & Traits:Advanced Tech, Berserker, Biological Adept, Hearty, Pariah, Unarmed Combatant, Weightless Combatant, Voidling, Fourth Wall Awareness, Stone Soul, Violence Mutability
Initial Equipment Requisition
Clothing: Babr-e-Bayan, The Green Armor (I'm sure I can get someone to combine these somehow), Tartan Cloak, Everwalkers Cloth, x3 Turag Imprints
Weapons: Upgrade 1, Yuta partner Brace, Cestus
Knick-Knacks: Magical Protection Vestments, Advanced Medical Kit, Ring of Dispel, Gene-Mod Equipment, Abstract Shoggoth Major
Little Things: Forever Alone x3, I don't need no Governa's dalla! x5, Can't wake up inside, My Best Friend, Harbinger, Knee-Breaker
Factions, Departments & Others: The Void Hunters (do I pick a sub(?) faction? If so) Enforcers of the Third
The Covenants: The Ubermensch Society
Allies: Mochizuki Chiyome, 427, Administration, Master Assassin
Home District: The Testing Ground – The Land of the Divisions
Hubworlds: The Tower - Series of Trials
Do I need to pick a mission or something? If so: And Touched the Face of God
PANIC BUTTONS: The Iron Warrior

What about cocktails? Where's my margarita?

Eh, I guess I can add a cocktail, it's only a lil bit more work anyways. I gotcha covered, mate.

Martinis, Bloody Marys, old fashions, Mint Juleps, high ball, white Russians, sangaria...
There are a lot of different cocktails out there.

Also, where's champagne?

I second this, anyway
Difficulty level: 9 days
Environment: Forest
>items
orbs of communication
mirror of the bashful
halo of the saint
>allies
the carpenter
the the skellington
the priestess

I feel like this lacks enemies or difficulties, it feels way too easy, I could probably survive 9 days in a forest without the allies or items

>Listing cocktails
>not putting it the best 3
mojito, long island, piña colada

Got some credits left over, so might as well take Physical Formatting and Physical Restructuring, as well as Forever Alone again since I have a free companion. As well as I don't need no Governa's dalla!, since I have the money, and I'll pick Memory for that.

The Ares Mechanism is still on the way. Got caught up in relatives dying, losing my job and funding for school, catching some kind of gastrointestinal disease, etc. I'm also reworking a large part of it, so it'll take me a bit to finish it.

Take as much time as you need. Sounds like you have bigger things to deal with than making a CYOA.

Did anything come of the idea from the prevoius thread about making teams or somethin? ?

Jesus, that escalated quickly.

I'm already in a happy relationship where the odds that I'd find a better partner aren't worth the time, effort, or risks. But humans are creatures of unlimited wants, so sometimes I just want to fantasize about someone impossibly good for me.

I'll be adding Mead, Cocktails (with a note in the description that it's customizable because I wanna keep shit simple), and possibly/probably Champagne.

Anything else people really want?

Note, I'm trying not to add so much shit that this becomes bloated because that's not my style. Also because this is my first serious CYOA and whilst I'm pretty damn ambitious, I also know my limitss pretty well.

I'm totally willing to make a V1.1 or V2 later down the line to add more stuff, so this is kind of the last entry drinks for now, kay, mates?

wow lad, if you're not kidding I wish you the best of luck

stop being a faggot

Thanks, user. Still want to try and get this out as soon as I can.

Might I trouble you for some hard cider?

Man, I dunno, this all seems a little too good to be true.

>Refuse

To my eye, Beer and Brandy under Brews and Absinth under Companions. The images seem a bit squished.

>Henchman
Would there also be selections for why we're working for the villain? Do we build our own villain or is the list presets?

I picked money because it looked like the choice most unlikely to backfire.

now I regret being a pussy.

Holy shit there is bad luck and then there is you I hope everything works out in the end

Caipirinha, of course. And there's a local one whose name is just awesome, which you might incorporate (and it kicks like a mule):

The 'War Body'. It's made of Stroh Rum (rum with 80% alcohol), vodka, gin, cherry infusion and dark lemonade (whatever the last two are)

What world are you thinking? I'm torn between Star Trek (where I would never set foot on a ship with an exploration mission), CATastrope, and Oz.

Thanks, mate, will fix asap.

Scenario: Gestation
Path: villain/other
origin: drop in
Costume: budget
foreign element
>flaws
humble beginnings
slaughterhouse9
worst day everx2
numbed emotions
kill order
endbringer target
case 53*3
>perks
second trigger x6
extra powerx4
plot convenience
blindspot
noctis cape
>powers
Augmentation ST
Nanomachines ST
Technopathy ST
Radar ST
small arms ST
robotics ST
repair
>skills
hacking
strategy
tactics
mechanics

METAL IS PERFECTION, JOIN THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION!

How big is the Archive?

Thanks anons. I'll do my best to get it out soon.

Damn, all the best user. Don't stress about a CYOA of all things, just do it if it makes you happy.

Metal, you say?

youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA

Which one?

Honestly, until fall semester starts, I'm doing two things. Fuck all and job searching. It's nice to have something to do which will distract me.

You ever come up with a great idea for a build, then realize you're just an idiot?
>infinite treasury plus tinker means I can make anything my tinker powers could come up with
>wavelength plus second trigger means I can create basically anything
>look our world, God mode achieved!

One almost-completed write up later...
>wait a minute, tinkers don't actually understand how to make anything they're making
>it's their shards doing all the work
>it's actually a plot point that the shards make sure nobody can figure out how what they're making actually functions

Well, back to the drawing board.

The dropbox.

Just use Second Trigger Infinite Treasury to copy any existing tinker creation. That's pretty damn good considering you have 1 ton worth of tinkertech at will.

how does the stand work ? can it be killed, does the damage on the stand damage you too? it's very vague.

you didn't check what happens when you refuse, did you

Be gentle senpais, its my first time

I would appreciate feedback on this though, I confess I probably won't make any alterations to this one until I learn how to use editing tools better, but I'd like some ideas of how I could do better on my next CYOA. I'm sure I made a lot of rookie mistakes on this one in layout and design for starters.

1/3

2/3

3/3

Can you tell which page I lost patience trying to align pictures and text neatly? It's 2.

Just assume it works like all Punchghost stands in JoJo. Stand can't be killed, can only be damaged by other stands, can only be seen by stand users, and damage on them = damage on you.

I mean, a good set of power armor probably weighs more than a ton.

Black text alone against the background blends in at some points. You should put a semi-transparent box behind the text.

The black on dark blue text is very hard to read. You need to use some boxes to make it more legible.

Reposting my build.

>Name: Dubh

>Scenario: Gestation (15C, 15S)

>Flaws:
Case 53 x3 (18S)
Worst Day Ever x3 (21C, 21S)
Memory Death (25C)
Slaughterhouse 9 (29C, 23S)
Endbringer Target (32C, 27S)
Humble Beginnings (37C, 32S)

>Path: Vigilante

>Path Specific Flaw:
Ambivalent (41C, 36S)

>Origin:
>Insert: Drop In (44C, 39S)
>Identity: No Identity (46C)

>Costume: Armor (41C)

>Skills:
Martial Arts (37C)
Stealth (34C))
Investigation (32C)

>Shard: Foreign Element (29C, 36S)

>Perks:
Second Trigger x3 (17C, 27S)
Secret Lair (15C)
Blindspot (14C, 23S)
Negentrophy (9C, 18S)

>Gift: Meta Knowledge

>Powers:
Peak Condition (17S)
Proficiency [Second Trigger] (15S)
Power Sight (14S)
Unlimited Shard Works [Second Trigger] (7S)
Adaptation [Second Trigger] (0S)

>Path Perks:
Tinker Tech (5C)
Toolbelt (4C)
Supply Line (0C)

And appearance without armor and shitty writefagging.

>There is evil and corruption in this world. I shall do good for the common man, with no affiliations to impede the passage of justice.

>There are 'Heroes' who are little better than the villains I face. Though it may earn me enmity, my path is set. Those who are are not true allies of justice shall be punished.

>I have awoken to this world with not an identifying memory in my head. All I know is that who I am, what I am, is not who I once was. I am host to a wealth of knowledge about this world, and its status as a falsehood. While the existential ramifications of such knowledge keeps me up at night, it has also given me a great advantage in seeking out both allies and enemies.

>Some of my powers are developed beyond the norm. Though my own powers began quite undeveloped, I found myself physically capable, eerily competent, and able to sense what powers a person might have at a glance. Though I did not realize it during the first day of my new life, I am selectively immune to the powers of others, a great boon for hunting enemies of justice. Beyond that, I seem to be able to learn and copy the powers of other parahumans through observation, to which I can only call that first day a blessing in disguise, as it allowed me to bear witness to a great many powers.

>Thanks to my abnormal competence and foreign shard, I can in some cases, develop powers even more quickly than its original owner.

If it wasn't clear, I'm using Ambivalent to be both an Anti-Hero and Anti-Villain, with the intent of rooting out and pushing corruption among Heroes just as harshly as I would to Villains. Rogues on the straight and narrow are cool, though they are to be eyed with scrutiny.

I'm not one to nitpick and I ask out of genuine curiosity - how do people plan to survive with Humble Beginnings+more than 1 Worst Day Ever+Endbringer Target?
This combo almost explicitly means that on day one, an Endbringer is going to come for you. It's hard enough to survive that with powers, let alone as a normal human. Especially if said endbringer is Simurgh.

So basically only other projection like the Siberian could damage it?

endbringer target only works during canon endbringer attacks (according to the text), so you have some time before Leviathan came in Gestation to get triggered, my hope is that worst day ever x2 is enough to get the job done. If it isn't or if it's too much then i'm fucked. I'm the robot btw.

Because if you were going to take worst day ever and endbringer target anyway, humble beginnings is a free +5/+5 in a sense, because... well, it's a traumatic day. Triggering is caused by trauma.

You can mitigate the risk by taking the second chance gift, and nobody is reasonably going to assume 'oh, I guess I died on the first day' as an outcome.

It's free points. All brief disadvantages like that are, really - the only ones that actually make you think are the ones like Nosebleed that are permanent.

Mount: Manticore
Discipline: Hunter
Ally: Andrea
Quest: A New Breed

Even if the city establishment is corrupt, the city itself still protects an entire, well, city's worth of people. The Manticore is good for wounding, but not killing, potential new specimens in silent ambushes.

I had a really bad feeling about The Emissary.