Nothing of value

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>Your daily duncan :
youtu.be/XHGVtRRW4Xg

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Digga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First
For
DIGGAZ!

Second for underdog guard

What the fuck is this

WHEN THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO RELEASE THIS? STOP BLUEBALLING ME YOU FUCKING CUNTS.

>gw might be giving us Thousand Sons unique spells that are useful but on the fun level of things like treason of Tzeentch

6th for
Kill the metaposter
Purge the shitposter
Burn the derailer

Guard have always been mid-high tier. As a guard player, we have never been the underdogs, except in the lore, when we get raped because geedubs hates us.

A faction from Gorkamorka. They're humans who worship/emulate orkz.

Diggas.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Digga

It says right there; Diggaz.

Man 40k's FAQ writers in for a hard time if you're indicative of the reading comprehension.

faction from Gorkamorka - humans living on an ork-dominated planet that decided that the best idea was to pretend to be orks.

Fuck Space Wolves
Day of the flea collar when

That's a fun concept.

>Not day of the leash

You had one fucking job.

any mention of heavy weapons teams in 8th?

glanced over something that said they were going to be a bit more useful

other than that no.

Magnus needs to spay those mutts

-1 to WS when they move and shoot rather than what happened before
My dust boys get to not have that downside so it's just locking in the idea that my first squad will be ranged + cannon focused- I can pick up those flamers later down the road

Are you fucking kidding me? Guard is shit right now.

Buffed nicely so far, can move and shoot at -1bs. Pretty good, hitting on 5+ is pretty shit, but if you have to move them, still being able to shoot is great. Also splitfire is a thing now so you can hide 5 Lascannons in a big blob and btfo tanks while being pretty safe.

Emperor's wrath artillery formation murders pretty much anything you can field against it. Wyverns and basilisks with ignore cover+psyker powers is strong as fuck.

Despite what people say, blob guard is also still really strong if you can field enough conscripts. No one can deal with that level of bodies with the standard cheese lists.

>Grav cannons shoot infantry squad
>7 guys die no saves
>Ok lol, got 150 more.

I didn't follow the stream but they supposedly mentioned "mysterious xenos still being around"

did they give anymore hints about them or is it the sum of infos? at what minute of the stream was it?

Haha, what the fuck are you smoking, my dude?

The only good guard at the moment are the traitors.

Any MC and you fucked. This is why im so hyped about 8ed, now blast deals multi wounds to one target.

Just got my first multi-part kit, and I think I've got it sorted, but not 100%.
I don't like my chances, but is there anything online that can help you sort out what's what and piece things together?

>>Previously on /40kg/
>Nothing of value

kek

Also, 4 things of recaptcha. :/

>play elder since 4th
>get Buttmad
>quit just after sixth ed
>miss 90% of 7th
>hear 8th is coming out
>check it out yesterday
>motherfuxking ynnead was born
>girlyman is back
>the rules look good
>complete codex rebalance and rerelease

Jesus fuck this looks awesome.
I just started painting again tonight.

>Select all street signs
>Ok, select all street signs
>Wrong, select all vehicles
>Ok, select all vehicles
>Wrong, select all vehicles

FUUUUUUUUUUCK. HOW DOES THIS NEW SHITTY CAPTCHA EVEN WORK I DONT UNDERSTAND.

Just use legacy captcha.

IMO IG heavy weapons teams should have a special rule;
Emplaced guns:
IG Heavy Weapons teams that Move and Fire suffer a -2 to their BS, however if they remain stationary they expertly find (or make cover), granting them a +1 to their save against shooting attacks if they remain stationary, this stacks with bonuses for terrain, ruins ect.

Can you do that as a phoneposting pleb? I can't see an option.

>Mfw I just remembered the old captcha and replacing the non-checked word with nigger every time

Kek.

I have it on my phone too (posting from my desktop right now though), so you should be able to.

>>Mfw I just remembered the old captcha and replacing the non-checked word with nigger every time
Epic XDDDDDD

That would definitely make heavy weapon team only squads way better.

>Mfw random anons come up with better balanced rules than the pretentious fucks at geedubs

Newfag detected.

Think GW might have some sort of support for killteam in 8th?
While I like normal scale 40k just as much as the next guy and am quite excited for the game, I'm also hoping for balanced small scale skirmishes. If not, think that the next best option would just be running each model as an individual?

Also make a bit more sense, because IG heavy weapon are bulky things, so if they DID move and fire they'd still deploy them, but it'd be a 6 second rushjob.

Also with the new rules suggestion system they are doing it may become real.

Just get enough... positive support behind a hives suggestion it and it'll get escalated.

i doubt killteam will continue. now that Shadowwar is here, it covers small squad skirmish better.

I hope so, but I'm a little worried they'll try and rely on SW:A to take it's place.

It'd probably be possible to do "x points, requires y, nothing over z toughness", though.

Once they get proper rules for 9/10ths for the factions.

Not that phoned in PDF garbage.

Well RIP. I'm liking the new 40k rules a tad bit more than shadow wars surprisingly, and besides that I want to be able to do things like running my rubrics or other cool things with my friends and their things.
Me too user. Hopefully if they don't support killteam the makeshift method will work and have a fair bit of balance.

My brother and his friends have been playing 40k for a while (casually between friends, not LGS level) and I've finally decided to bite the bullet and start with the "Start Collecting" box as a base.

I used to play Necrons all the time in Dawn of War so I thought that would be a good place to start.

I picked up both Start Collecting boxes (One has the Overlord, Warriors, Scarabs and Stalker, other has the transport/artillery and warrior) and a squad of Triarch Praetorians.

I've been told by them that I should have waited for 8th edition, but I had the money on me at the time.

Anything that you would recommend I do to support/reinforce the army, or is it too soon to make recommendations?

>motherfuxking ynnead was born
>girlyman is back
this maybe bad

>not clicking a random square in 6 times, verifying and being able to post anyways

Captcha is a conspiracy to teach AI to recognize shit.

Is anybody already considering houseruling armour facings and keeping initiative in the game (bonus for charging as per new rules)? The removal of those parts really irk me from the new edition (or from what we've seen at least). Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

The Anihilation Barge statline is literally the only thing we know about Necrons, and it's not even got weapons, special rules or anything

>Captcha is a conspiracy to teach AI to recognise shit

You know it's funny that everytime I solve one of these things, I'm fucking sure that's what's happening.

We know fuck all about Necrons at the moment, but if you want something to paint in the meantime waiting for 8th, I doubt you will go wrong with either more Warriors or a monolith. Both of those have been staples for fucking ages and I doubt it will change.

we don't know anything about necrons in the upcoming 8th edition, but if their history across previous editions is anything to go by just more warriors will do you well.

I'm still fucked off they didn't release a full datasheet, I mean the whole vehicle teaser thing was essentially 'wow, it's fucking nothing' so they could have given us a datasheet at least.

It IS.
We're helping teaching it how to recognise vehicles, landmark, rivers, house numbers...

...We're teaching their fucking cars how to see

>Trying to explain to a friend evidence of cuck in the 40k universe.
So far I have Marneus Calgar > Rowboot
And Cegorach > Ynnead.

But I'm coming up pretty dry.
Anyone got some?

facings i can get behind some something like +1 to wound rear.

Iniative gone is fine. the new system works well and adds a tactical element of choice in the alternative activation.

It's not even a conspiracy. Developers are open about the fact that they use captcha information.

>multi-wounds to multiple targets
fix'd

It definitely is suspect at the very fucking least. It's interesting that this opinion only seems to occur on the chans, every other place seems to think it's fine.

But as we know, the chans are always fucking right so there is definitely something going on with it.

hyped for

Khaine was cucked by Ynnead by stealing his aspect warriors and Phoenix Lords, he is miserable failure anyway.

>behemoth gets longer charge distances
>kraken gets multiple outflanking units
>leviathan gets numberless on non synapses

BROTHER AZRAEL, THE ENEMY HAVE PENETRATED OUR REARGUARD

THE HERETICAL ELDAR'S VIBRO CANNONS ARE ATTACKING OUR VULNERABLE REAR ARMOUR

AND OUR MEN ARE ENJOYING IT

Don't forget Celestine and Rowboat.

And Yvraine?
What are we talking here?

Yes Celestine likes to watch them.

>*grognards screeching*
>hunhun muh speesh mareens wont dont who'mstdv acc3pt primaris!!!!
codex and training not moneyy and test tubes benis benis haha
>Grognard open the 8th rulebook
>all chapter have accepted primaris for more than 120 years
>Grognard commit sudoku
>Good riddance
>Other grognards to pussy to sudoku lots all their army value and knows the kit will never ever be updated.
>They finally take the primaris knot 2 years later and drop thousand upon thousand on it.

>Al you have to do to draw out the DA autists is make some gay jokes

Kek.

If they fuck up Behemoth I will tape scythes to my hands and going SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing through their office in Nottingham

>if only....

Set speculation to max?

The worst part is that there are people into the 40k hobby that are actually autistic enough to do this.

and then I would not know what I want to play...

Saw this floating around and thought I'd share.

how could they fuck up?
there are no rules now, so every bonus will be a good bonus

>it's standard of the new edition to have a limit on charge distances because you can now charge from deepstrikes
>only half your srmy at best can go in reserves
>you have to keep points unspent to summon additional units

Awesome thanks guys, I was talking to the manager at my local GW store and he said that more infomation would be coming out within the next week and a half.

I'm super fine with the Warriors still being a staple. I love the idea of a slow death tide encroaching on the enemy, rather than picking them off with random ballistics/spells.

Parallax makes the comparison less use though.

S'odd Orks haven't been tagging up GW storefronts, entirely in character.

>implying Calgar isn't getting PRIMED

Are tartaros really that small

Get some Monolioths and Immortals too then, they emphasise that aspect.

Great work user. Would be a bunch better if it were possible to have them all at the same angle but you did what you could so thanks.

I don't know about that new plague marine man, the shot angle is really weird.

That's what I was going for next, I've also been eyeing Wraiths (or a Croissant) to add in for distraction as I see them in every Necron force I come across.

Why did none ask if primarines can be females?

>the plot twist when the sprues come with female heads
i would laugh for days over the neckbeard rage

Malcador did.

Or worse, they bring back the Lion and it turns out that the deep dark secret of the DA is that their Primarch is a womyn...

>deep dark secret of the DA is that their Primarch is a womyn (male)
fix'd

I don't browse Tumblr enough to understand this post.

Why they keep 30k bases black?

na, that wouldn't be that fun, because it reset the fluff
but if you can make SM but stronger/faster/better
you surely can make them female too
that would be fun

Since when did Veeky Forums become so full of 40k shills? If somebody said Ward was coming back, Gulliman would return and that he'd basically become the Emperor and lead another Great Crusade whilst jerking his spunk into every chapter's gene pool, it might have been enough to make the neckbeards snap and burn Warhammer World to the ground.

Instead every criticism - valid or raging - is shot down by a dozen frothing fanboys screaming "OMG STOP BEING AUTISTIC111!11!"

Is it, dare I say it, a Reddit influx?

Newfags who don't even know who Rick Priestley is.

maybe it's just people tired of people shitposting, saying Age of Guiliman is near the corner

Because people who had a problem with that have long gone?

Most people who care left and the ones remaining realized they can't do shit to change GW's direction.

Grognard doesn't know that it was Priestley himself who invent Guilliman as we know and said that Ultras are best.
People may love new things and hate stagnation that lasted decades.

But none of that is really true. I don't like the new lore really, but guilliman is about as worshipped as you would expect a son of God to be, his 'great crusade' is pretty average as far as we know, the primaris Marines, as lame as they are, are actually made of their primarchs geneseed, not just rowboats.

Pro 40k sentiment, In a 40k thread?
How shocking!

The difference is that it was perfectly fine in the original vision of 40k. Girly and the Ultras were the golden boys who could do no wrong. The problem started when people (like WARD) started taking it seriously.

it's not suspect they've been pretty open it abot being for training AIs.

and it is fine, AIs gotta learn somehow.

Guard players who find it hard to play well in 7th are either in a WAAC meta or try and play space marine-lite. I win most games I play.