Fingerbased toy concept

>be me> make toys> what yall think? feedback is welcome
youtube.com/watch?v=qljc4Rbp2MI
youtube.com/watch?v=fMRQpjs6_HE&t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=i8VX4OauKwY

I love it, but I wonder if >>/toy/ might have been a better spot for this?

grow up

>he says, on a board for manchild games

Love it OP.
I do wonder what the target group of these are. Are they for children, or adults?

Im still in the development stage with this so dont realy know yet, got suggestions / feedback?

>He says on a mental taekwondo rope swinging enthusiast board

>he says, on a Laotian finger puppet chatroom

Better suited for our next door neighbours /toy/ but still really neat - the movement in the knight vs dragon (mostly the knight swinging the sword) was really fun to watch.

This is actually pretty cool. I can see this being very tg related, sort of larping with your fingers, which I would be more amenable to do.

Good idea, op

>playing out the result of combat rolls with your fingerminis
Okay I actually kind of like this now for tabletop

That hefty action scene of the knight vs dragon got me on the edge of my seat.
No but serious, nice concept, you should maybe think about making wooden hands to store/showcase them. I don't know your countries safety rules around toys but here I can see it happen it would get rejected for certain ages out of fear of getting their fingers stuck on the other hand They seem to be all solid pieces to big to swallow and choke on which is a plus.

>He says, on the Azerbaijani Wheat Threshers BBS.

I'd say you'd need some context to use them, like a game.
As said, larping with your fingers.

Right now, as a toy, children can put them on and will play with them instantly, but they lack the motor-skills to use them easily and might just simply resort to their easy-to-handle action figures.
On the other hand, adults will love these, love how they look, love the imagination behind them, but won't have the reflex to just play with them. You might have a few brave souls who hold the occasional office brawl, but that won't be a regular thing.

So again, if you tie it to the context of a game, you'll have people invested in them. Think about your average miniature-game. The miniatures are just little figurines, there's no way you'd want to buy a lot of them, unless they're tied to a game where you get to actually use them and each figurine impacts the play.

I think the possible play-actions might be to limited or clunky to make a successful toy, so you need to expand the possibilities in a way.
I'm thinking a full fledged wooden battlefield that you can assault with you hands, maybe?

Or maybe give it the context as one of those fidget-toys that are all the rage right now?

I actually have one of those. And I'd stick to my argument: I've put it on once or twice and then just left it lying in a drawer.

I'm not trying to shit on your idea btw OP, I think it's a great one. I'm just trying to give you feedback on how you could sell them successfully.

I dare say the kid market for something like this is rather small in this day and age. If they're looking for toy things the instant gratification is pretty much there. Phones and the like. Fidget spinners are a thing because of ADD stuff, it's less of a toy and more of a hand occupier. Plus you can do tricks with it from what I gather. Kids might be more receptive if there was some kind of game attached? I'm no marketer but I loved that competitive shit as a kid.

With that being said OP. I want these. I want these really bad. I want them in all kinds of colours, want them in straight up wood, I want to be able to paint them myself, I want to see a whole bunch of different characters. I think the adult market for something like this is pretty big. Not saying kids would never play with something like this: All it takes is for it to become a fad and you're rolling in it. But I don't think kids should be the primary focus.

This may just be me seeing wooden, unpainted prototypes and seeing them as more grown up though so: grain of salt. The wood looks great though. I want to see you succeed OP.

Thanks for the feedback people. i got the design patent on it so now im trying to work it out into a real biz. ill be posting daily on my youtube, and soon ill be starting a crowdfund to get things rolling, go 3D printing etc. ill post updates on the chan to every now and then.

Also i am already in a for more advanced stage than wath i am showing. these are just early stage prototypes.

thanks for the replys guys

Won't they loose charm when you ditch the wood for 3d printed plastic? I think a lot of people would pay some more for wooden versions.

Kids shows on youtube seem to be really in these days, make a family friendly channel and make 5minutes of you playing scenarios with them, you don't even have to say a word. Use a lot of tag words like kids,toyd,friendly,robots etc everything a kid would search on youtube. With some luck you'll get a decent amount of views and toys linked to a show always sell so much better.

If you're serious about this, file for legal protection ASAP. The last thing you want is to walk into a toy store next year and see that hasbro has already patented, produced, and began selling versions of these.

Saw you on /pol/ yesterday. Take this to /toy/ you fucking faggot.