In what system i can stop a bullet with a katana?

In what system i can stop a bullet with a katana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nI6Md7pgV8o
youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In any D&D setting that allows katana.

GURPS with Bullet Parry.

GURPS.
Parry Missile Weapons with Enhanced Time Sense allows you to parry bullets, by default rules.

Pathfinder, Cut from the Air feat

I'm sure some can stat up a katana-wielding bullet in GURPS.

Mind you, once you have the bullet with a katana, I'm not sure how you'd go about stopping it.

You'd deploy a katana-wielding katana to slice through the bullet.

Cut it out.

>tfw you'll never get to play a sentient magical fire sword wearing a suit of armor.

That was the plan.

Not a bullet-firing katana?

Mutants and Masterminds, but you need to spend a shit ton on deflect

DnD 3.5
Play warblade with a katana, get wall of blades
Use wall of blades when an enemy shoots at you
Dont fuck up your roll
You just blocked a bullet with a katana
Funnily enough: you can also block lightning blasts and whatnot with that

If I'm not mistaken you can do it in Shadowrun

Exalted

Not only can you do it as a monk in D&D 5e, you can also throw it back if you have an open hand. Normally you wouldn't be using a longsword, but Kensei opens that right up.

>Starting at 3rd level, you can use your reaction to deflect or catch the missile when you are hit by a ranged weapon attack. When you do so, the damage you take from the attack is reduced by 1d 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your monk level.

>If you reduce the damage to 0, you can catch the missile if it is small enough for you to hold in one hand and you have at least one hand free. If you catch a missile in this way, you can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack (range 20 feet/60 feet) with the weapon or piece of ammunition you just caught, as part of the same reaction. You make this attack with proficiency, regardless of your weapon proficiencies, and the missile counts as a monk weapon for the attack.

Broke: parrying bullets with swords
Woke: parrying swords with bullets

Anima.

Totally a glod idea too :√}

>Tfw Sohei/Enlightened Paladin (Guardian Mythic Path), retributive reach, infinite AoOs and bot Cut from the Air and Smash from the Air
Fucking awesome to be honest

>parrying swullets with bords

Everyone knows the real niggas parry bullets with bullets.

Enlightened: parrying swords with hands

GURPS

Certainly not in d20 :^)

Really, nobody has said it yet? Do we not like memes anymore?

That was my first thought, but no, Exalted doesn't have bullets in it.

On a good roll in Feng Shui you can run on a row of bullets, so I guess with a little lower result stopping a bullet with a Katana is just flavour.

youtube.com/watch?v=nI6Md7pgV8o

>It's all in the reflexes

Better idea. Enchant a Full Shield with Attack Reflection - Any, Choice of Target.
Bounce bullets, spells, and melee attacks at others.
Laugh heartily, then die when the Technician third impacts.

Somewhat surprisingly, Mage.

howabout a machinegun that shoots katanas?

Risus

You sure? I think his response was pretty sharp.

Deetwenny

There are people in this world devoid of cutting wit.

Scion

That was so awesome it made the asian guy yell "HONK HONK" and do a flip out of a window.

In what system can I stop a Katana with a Bullet?

I feel compelled to mention Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, if for no reason other than that the OP pic is from a Marvel IP.

The way combat works in that game, every attack roll is a contested action. The attacker rolls, and the opponent gets a "Reaction Roll", which is their chance to shut down the attack. You gather up your relevant abilities (which might include weaponry, super powers, etc.) and they pick theirs. Winner gets their way, and there are rules for extraordinary successes and failures.

This means that the manner in which you foil an attack (both mechanically and narratively, since you need to justify adding your powers to your dice pool) essentially boils down to "if you can fluff it..."; this is easier with some characters than others.

Deadpool, for instance, has a pretty simple time of it. He could easily make a case for applying his "Enhanced Reflexes" power from his Weapon X augmentation powerset and his "Combat Master" Specialty to roll against some thug shooting at him, declaring that he's going to slice the bullet.

The fun starts when you beat their attack, at which point you can spend Power Points (Marvel Heroic's meta-currency mechanic) to cause some complication to the bad guy. Not only can you stop a bullet with a katana, you can *reflect it back at them* (or blow up a propane tank, or rupture a steam pipe, or whatever).

I love it for this, because as players get better at the game, they hone their skills in trying to fluff ridiculous ways that their PCs can apply their powers to rolls.

>"Uh, I'll use my Ice Breath die in this reaction roll."
>"How?"
>"I'm... creating a foggy ice cloud to foil their aim?"

It's great, the system itself encourages players to think up the same kind of ass-pull power uses that actual comic-book writers feel compelled to do. It's a wonderful work of genre emulation.

Any Star Wars game that lets you reflect blaster fire is basically that
youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o