One-Class-Party

Simple question, for class-based games.

How would you make a party where all the characters are the same class? What unique challenges might this bring?

როლლ

>all paladins
>super smite bros

Entire team of rogues.

Each has a particular specialty. You have a face, a safecracker, an infiltrator, and a brute. Throw in a counterfeit mage for fun.

Entire campaign is a heist movie.

Sooo, shadowrun?

In 5e you could have a fun game where everyone is a cleric that goes into a different domain, since there's so many of them.

I'm actually doing a phantom thief deal in my campaign.

Rather, i'm a player in the campaign and i'm gonna do a phantom thief deal unbeknownst to the party.

Unfortunately, that means i'm so over generalized on my skills that i had to use every scrap of gold and what else i had to make sure i was prepared for most situations.

All Bards.
Depending on the system, a bard can be specialized to fill just about any role.
Plus, give each member a different instrument and you have the added flavor of RPing the group as a band.

Use only one class: advernturer. Than you can spec subclasses like warrior, thief, mage, ecc.

i like the idea of having one class that can branch out by taking tons of skills. Its a neat system that lends variety by player choice in-game rather than some backstory outside of it.

You need to limit the option for the singular character. If not, they will all look the same, no flaws or gaps, only the most useful powers. Themes are essential for party functionality.

I've wanted to do an On Tour all-bard campaign for a while now.

Each player gets messages from their own god which occasionally include conflicting instructions.

A similar idea would be all-warlock, or an all-wizard with each wizard having a bias towards a particular school.

So we just have a bunch of str/cha melee machines buffing eachother? Could be fun for a laugh but I can't see how you would make them meaningfully different. I think Paladin is just too narrow a class.

...as compared to rogue which encompases basically any character who doesn't want to be spotted.

>images_(2).jpg
>431x341
Filthy phone posters please go.

Thanks I was about to call out op for being OP and postng a shit pic

This.

Rollin...with the homies~~~

Sorry user, the guy I usually pay to follow me around on the bus with my PC called in sick.

so, I have seen that picture over hundred times, so can someone already tell me, why a Berserker is more mage than a Cavalier, and vic versa?

The only real challenge is trying to avoid drowning in pussy.

Clerics. They can each use a different domain in combat to fill a different role. They're like pilgrims or something so that's why they travel in a group.

Bards might work too. Having a bunch of utility midliners might work. Plus they're a band so that gives them party goals and a neat reason to travel together.

>Metalocalypse campaign

>all bards
>Murderface dumped CHA

Makes sense.

I'd say charisma, wis, and intelligence

All of them dumped Wisdom and Intelligence. Strength and Constitution aren't so high either.

All Wizard Party.

Every member has a specialization, but there may be redundancies like two rival ice mages arguing that the other stole their signature technique.

Pickles probably has great constitution, given his resistance to drugs.

nathan probably has pretty good strength. He's pretty ripped

Pickles is rather intelligent. The main problem is that he's drunk most of the time.

Meanwhile, Nathan is strong enough to shoot an M60 machinegun with one hand.

Toki is ripped, way more so than Nathan.

nathan got more bulk, while toki is rather skinny compared to him

Nathan and toki are both pretty strong, toki just never shows it.

Berserkers use magic to enhance their fighting abilities or go into a trance, while a cavalier is just a high flying rogue type with guns. No magic needed.

How has nobody said naturebros yet? Druids are practically designed to be a one-class party.

What is a Ballistican? Some kind of ballet dancer with guns?

probably a ballistic technician

my play group and I toss around the idea of running "all paladin", "all cavalier", "all rogue" campaigns and we think of the shit that could come of it alot

one of my buddies actually ran an all paladin campaign as a short one off, roughly about 2-3 sessions, it basically boiled down to the paladins being very suspicious of everyones activities going full NSA on everyone with "detect evil" to see what is evil and what isnt, and came to the conclusion that the entire down was masked in a blanket of undetectable alignment and smited the entire neutral good town

thankfully i was away from this madness at the time, but holy shit everyone was autistic

Yes! I have wanted to do an all-bards party for a while.

The bard thing might work good in pathfinder since they have all those archtypes and the skald class.

>What unique challenges might this bring?
An all-fighter mercenary company can take on some seriously harrowing combats, an all-rogue gang can pull off some real ocean's 11 shit, an all-mage cabal can do literally anything if they have perfect spell assortment/availability. I don't think the all-cleric cult can do anything unique, however, except maybe raid a necromancer dungeon or vampire coven.

All druids. They could all be different animals and worship different aspects of nature. They would constantly be fighting over which aspect is better and who is the most "balanced" out of all of them, but then in the end they realize that every aspect of nature has to work harmoniously with every other aspect of nature to create a functioning whole, and that they as a team are the balance. The power of friendship!

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Well, now I HAVE to roll

i made a template for that

and a specific one for my setting

A group of Paladins is called a Crusade. You had a Crusade of Paladins.

The only unique class party that would bring problems is all mentalists or war-ments.

All Rogues in PF
Everyone sucks

Am I the only one who thinks OP might have meant "challenges" as in "balance challenges for the DM"?

All Ranger SWAT Campaign