/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: →

Other urls found in this thread:

beyondskyrim.org/projects/iliac-bay/high-rock/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Liminal_Bridges
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no edition edition

Is anyone keeping up with ESO? How does Morrowind look? I haven't bought it because I haven't decided if it's worth filtering through the lazy lore and bland artstyle.

Do you wonder how uncomfortable an ordinator mask probably is

They're still watching you.

scum

War masks aren't exactly unusual

But yeah they don't make much sense for guard duty

I think about Ordinators more than I should.

From where do the mightiest warriors in Tamriel hail? From Skyrim? Hammerfell? Orsinium? Morrowind?

My thoughts go to the wild hunt and hist controlled argonians, but Im not sure t bh.

Supposedly Redguards are the most naturally talented warriors, but I'd imagine it's really all about the style and technique of what you're looking for in a warrior. An Orc or Nord would be better with armor and defending or using an axe, a Bosmer would be a better archer, and Imperials would be the most disciplined and be the best strategists.

I'd say orcs are the best one on one combatants now that Nords and Redguards are shadows of their former selves.

Orcs have been shadows of their former selves since the Dawn era, so they have the most experience at it.

I always took it as: Nords - Axes because they're slashing robbed elven mages and Orcs - Hammers because they're bashing armored Breton knights.

According to Morrowind, The great size of Battleaxes helps to penetrate heavy armor, while still maintaining effectiveness against lightly armored opponents. Warhammers are mostly used by Western Knights.

In terms of gameplay, Orcs only receive a small bonus to one weapon skill and that's axe. They're designed to be more defensive, Redguards are more offensive, and Nords are in the middle with special defense against elements.

It canonizes trainwiz and c0da, if you're interesting in that

Why do Bretons have these disgusting forehead wrinkles in Skyrim? Did Bethesda mess something up with the age sliders, which wouldn't be all that surprising? Did they want to give the players a way of recognizing Bretons aside from just height? Or do you think there's an actual lore explanation for this?

If they wanted to differentiate them from other humans they could've just implemented their canon characteristics such as slightly pointed ears, higher cheekbones and sharper features instead of this tacky shit.

Wait don't they actually have slightly pointy ears or have my years of playing console skyrim deceived me

Because they don't moisturize their foreheads.

I'd say it's probably for distinguishing, considering there are some pale Imperials and dusky Bretons who are the same height. Apparently they pilgrim during the Gildegreen quest is a Breton, although he looks like an Imperial.

As for the elven characteristics, that wasn't even implemented in Morrowind when you could tell what race someone was with their back turned to you. I wish it was implemented, but the closest we'll ever get is how gaunt their cheeks were in Morrowind.

They appear pretty rounded and normal looking to me. Like the rest of the humans.

Also, the more I'm looking at that picture the more I'm starting to think that Betsheda really did fuck up with the age sliders. It's not just the forehead wrinkles, they just look overall older.

You'd think they ought to be smoother and younger looking considering their mixed heritage, but apparently that's not the case.

Bethesda can get silly with skin colors. Look at this tanned Nord.

We wuz atmoranz

"Ages like a Breton" is a phrase used in one of the earlier lore books.

>"21337012","0","4536","5993347","Hail Creator,\n\nAnimonculi reprocessing continues without deviation from your Glorious Design.\n\nReprocessing of the Inert continues at a one-to-one ratio.\n\nConversion of salvage to raw material remains a ninety percent efficiency. Refactoring will continue according to your mandate.\n\nRefabrication of Dwemeri designs remains suspended, by your will.\n\nIteration continues according to your mandate.\n\nAll changes successfully compiled and integrated.\n\nAwaiting your command."`

Or this Imperial.

>Glorious Design
Sotha Sil sounds like a fucking commie

The full sentence was "Only half Elven, he aged like a Breton." so I interpreted it that he aged like a normal human and was middle-aged in his fifties unlike an elf. Meaning Bretons have normal human life expectancy. At least I interpreted it that way, maybe they really do look naturally saggier for some reason.

I don't know why I like High Rock and its many squabbling kingdoms so much, but I just do.

To be fair she's an Imperial. They're kinda olive-skinned. Especially in ESO.

Not lore related, but I heard you guys really like Morrowind. I've been considering making a mage and I have a few questions.

Which is better, Destruction, or using indirect means like Paralyzing and using Bound Dagger or Absorb Health?

How useful is Conjuration? If I were to focus on that, could I still use indirect means, or is Destruction and Conjuration just best together?

I've played Atronach a few times, but I never got to a high level with a mage without the Atronach. Will a Breton born under The Mage be enough, or should I stick to Atronach for defense, more magicka, and quick recharging with an ancestor ghost?

I'll probably go with light armor because Savior's Hide and DB armor, but how viable is Unarmored and Bound Armor? Would it just be better to use shield spells instead or in tandem with light armor?

I do too. Medieval politics and backstabbing is a tried and true formula. Especially when you mix in magic into it.

Bretons are very charming. With the first sip of lore you hate them and say they are boring, but at the bottom of the glass is Bretons.

Do we know the name of the bay that's between Northpoint and Farrun in the north-east of High Rock?

>Better Bodies/Faces gives Nords weird hair.

>Better Bodies/Faces gives Bosmer tiny dicklets

I have never been so conflicted in my life.

Back to /tesg/ with you.

>Implying tiny Bosmeri dicks isn't canon lore.

Sadly it probably doesn't have a name.

is /tesg/ a Veeky Forums thread or is it a Veeky Forums elder scrolls thread that isn't only on week ends?

Some CK modders simply called it Bay of Farrun.

Beyond Skyrim guys call it Bay of Normar beyondskyrim.org/projects/iliac-bay/high-rock/

>Faith in the Shadow of Red Mountain

>by Canon Llevule

>Canon

They aren't even being subtle at this point.

Game mechanic racial bonuses haven't been consistent. I wouldn't be that literal about it.

Balkanization is the shit, that's why.

I mean more in the spirit of Orcs are primarily meant to be defensive in concept.

How good a warrior is can vary, as there are many skills that can make a warrior. Someone who can block every single hit and perform adequately would be considered a better warrior than someone really good with a sword but can't block or defend worth shit. In the same sense, an Orc could be considered a better warrior than a Redguard due to survivability.

I mean Morrowind had the Archcanon, logically lesser bishops are canons

>Someone who can block every single hit and perform adequately would be considered a better warrior than someone really good with a sword but can't block or defend worth shit.

tfw you have read threads so much that you recognized this one immediately

>

Now, I know that climate only makes a moderate amount of sense in Tamriel, but I'd expect Alinor to be at least somewhat tropic, seeing how far south it lies.

I imagine everything being magically micro-managed by the Altmer. Including the weather.

That depends where the equator is, and other naturally occurring weather phenomena. For example, you'd be surprised to find out New Zealand has similar temperatures to England.

Dagoth Ur

At PT we're currently calling it Balothian Bay.

now here's a thinker
is there any lore out there that actually describes daedric rituals in detail? i'm aware of books like the invocation of azura, daggerfall summoning days, there's probably some shit in teso__ that i missed but i haven't had the time to dig through it yet

Liminal Bridges.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Liminal_Bridges

They make plenty of sense for guard duty. They make the guards faceless, anonymous avatars of the government's will, dehumanized (demerized?) and unfeeling. The mask's eyes never blink, it's focus never wavers. No flash of compassion ever crosses its features. It does not yawn. It does not smile. It watches everything and nothing at any time. It is monolithic and impersonal, fixed solely on duty. This affects the wearer as much as the watched.

All in all, a great deal for a repressive theocracy's secret police.

That AND because it looks really cool as well.

>the temple actually cast it as Nerevar's face when happy as smiling
>but that's what he looks like when happy

Nords probably are the physically largest warriors, Redguards the most agile and skilled, and Orcs the most well armed. Bosmer are wiry but very strong to draw their bows, and Imperials are soldiers, not warriors.

Do we have any lore on the smithing of Tamriel and what makes Nords the best?

Redguared are great fighters but bad soldiers.
Nords are good fighters and soldiers but dumb.
Orcs are good fighters and soldiers and smiths but dumb and ugly and shit in general.
Dunmer are okay fighters but good war-wizards but insufferable cunts.

>implying Orsimer aren't the best

Orcs are literally "They see me rollin', They hatin': The Race, huh?

>generic, uninspired high fantasy armour that gives no unique cultural character to any of the races

I'm not sure I get the joke

nigga just use all magic skills lmao

weather is more than just distance from the equator
for example, crimea is subtropical

Not to mention Nirn doesn't necessarily follow the same climate rules as our world.

She works outside as a smith, where she can get windburned, sunburned and sooty, so it's no wonder her skin is like that.

got some good proof?

He probably does a rape face when he's angry, and does an angry face when rape-y

>and what makes Nords the best?
>Nords
Never seen Altmer spelled that way before.

That's Dagoth Ur.

Tes 6 annoucement at e3?

>He doesn't know

what

No, prepare to wait several years until new TES.
I'm hype for Bonerlord though.

I'm semi-interested in any side games that might pop up though. Since TES 6 is a long time away, and Zenimax seems more willing to give out the licence, it's not impossible that we'll see a few more side games like Legends.
But I don't expect anything at E3.

Maybe it's for the better, Legends' story is kind of trash.

There won't be another mainline TES before long, like 2020 long

Meh, for a card game at least it's there

Literally none of it matters. If you can't play Morrowind with ANY skillset, you must be a moron. Only thing you must do if you have never played before or you are not up for the challenge, is to get that mod that delays dark brotherhood attacks.

Also, >>>/tesg/ or /v/

>tfw was sleeping on the ground outside seyda neen
>interrupted by a bdsm fetishist with night vision goggles
>get free good light armor

Felt like cheating

I really need TES 6 soon. Life's not worth living if I can't genocide the Altmer.

my nigga

TES 6 is a long way away user

I know. I just...hate those damn Elves so much. So much. Did you know they want to retcon Humans from the timestream? Fucking assholes.

>taking Beth's blatant nazibait hook, line and sinker
Pathetic.

>hate Altmer
>genocidal/omnicidal fucksticks
>get called a Nazi
Nigga what the fuck are you on and can I have some?

There's literally nothing wrong with human genocide. Humans are literally asshole minions of an asshole deity.

>Not wanting to cleanse Tamriel of Mer and beastfolk

Asshole? Or Superior? I think you've got your words turned around there.

No hurt kitties.

>humans
>superior

Implying they aren't?

Say, Dagoth, how'd that whole plan of yours turn out again? Did you feel superior getting your rotten ole head kicked in?

Elves a shit, I swear!

That's also Dagoth Ur

>there are people in this thread who still dont know the real supreme race is the reverse imperialist Redguards
>you will never see Hammerfell extending it's sphere of influence over High Rock, Skyrim and Gold Coast, the unifier monarch as an alternative Emperor of Tamriel
>Bethesda will never realize the potential of Hammerfell as Tamriels Ottoman Empire mixed with Carthage and Muslims of Spain
>Redguard culture will never be fleshed out like Dunmers, because everybody, especially those that claim otherwise, are racist. Redguard culture will never influence surrounding cultures, resulting in unique and interesting lifestyles

TES6 will be the return of HoonDing who will bring down the Thalmor and put an end to the Dominion and Empire at the same time, while also making sure that Numidium never walks again. Thus, starting a while new era. Backdrop will be the modernization of Tamriel and spawning of new provinces with republics, theocracies, new empires, magocracies and more.

What the fuck is reverse imperialism?

NPCs constantly say they're the best when it comes to blacksmithing. Also in the game their heavy armor is the best.

They are.

Aldmer from Atmora? Raped by Atmorans.
Sinistral elves from Yokuda? Raped by Yokudans.
Falmer from Skyrim? Raped by 500 companions.
Direnni from High Rock? Raped by the Bretons and Nords.
Ayleid from Cyrodiil? Raped by the Nedes.
Orsimer from High Rock? Raped by the Bretons and Redguards.
Maormer from Pyandonea? Raped by the Imperial Navy.
Dunmer from Morrowind? Raped by a volcano and a dozen of slave lizards.
Dwemer from all around Tamriel? Bumfucked by their own fedora.

You know you want to

>Direnni from High Rock? Raped by the Bretons
I think that was consensual

>Do we have any lore on the smithing of Tamriel and what makes Nords the best?

Typical fantasy writer's lack of insight into how metalwork is actually done.

wood elfs having tiny dicks is canon as fuck tho, half of them are complete betas like fargoth or the adoring fan