>Previously on /40kg/
>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>Your daily duncan :
youtu.be/XHGVtRRW4Xg

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for GSCB

I personally love it when /pol/ comes to Veeky Forums. It's like watching a redneck confess his love for another man. Anyone who browses /pol/ will know that they absolutely hate "man children" who play games. So I can't help but laugh when they admit 40k is actually pretty cool

World Eaters are the best legion

/pol/ has always loved 40k though.

They actually love 40k more than they do most video games.

It's the lore that they like a lot.

>le space mehrines are le best players
nah

Who's planning a primaris army? I'm thinking about painting some Sable Swords and giving them primaris reinforcements

what the fuck is this?
*nuwbie*

Second for sisters

I don't understand, so they're getting Veeky Forums posters to post in Veeky Forums?

Depending on what CSM get in terms of models I might renounce my heresy and play Primarines in 8e.

Nth for assault marines are useable now.

Commoragh is a cool place and I encourage all of you to migrate there

I have no plans to buy any right away. But i hope they are good so i will have a reason later on the line to buy them.

praise slaanesh

and the patriarchy

Queen of /40kg/, nid haters btfo

I thought all the /pol/ fags hate globalism even though the imperium is an empire that has united humanity and is as globalist as you can get.

We're all connected by a common hobby. I don't mind /pol/ or camwhores so long as they also enjoy and spread the love of the hobby around. We're grubby AL neckbeards, tranny chaos attention whores, Tyranid fetishists, and Tau Commies - but we're all 40k fans in the end.

And that's fucking beautiful, user.

Yea, at first glance 40k is a total /pol/ wank fantasy. But it still encompasses thngs they hate about life so I find it funny there's so much cross over lately.

Dude you can't even USE manlet marines in Nu40k.
Dump them shits on ebay

THICC

I'll probably do one, but I hope they give a legitimate reason for Primaris Marines to be in the Dark Imperium. That's where I was planning on making a homebrew chapter.

If they don't I'll just say they're tall regular marines.

/pol/ Hates globalism in our world, 40k has xeno factions that humans can label a common enemy.

>put power axes on all my sergeants

kill me

it's also as xenophobic and authoritarian as you can get (on the surface)

They hate the multiculturalism aspect of globalism. Because the Emperor has already converted the entire earth into a single culture and in turn the rest of the galaxy, there's not really anything to diversify with anymore.

What /pol/ would really fucking hate is if Aeldari and Imperium began racemixing. That would trigger the shit out of them.

No user, you don't understand. They see "le god emper trump xd" and something compels them to post "le goyimBLACKED"

spread the cult
spread it deep
spread their legs
and make them meep

They added this on the faction focus.

>What /pol/ would really fucking hate
You mean everyone would hate.

Gay

Well yeah. See /pol/ isn't that bad on some things.

In space opera like this, alien races are the equivalent of foreigners.

>if Aeldari and Imperium began racemixing
Hey G! Our new god is still overpowered by Slaanesh. We need to kink it up to equal the playfield and we need your 'geneseed' for it.

>start playing AOS last year
>really enjoy the game, especially after GHB
>nearly everyone around me is playing 40k
>secretly hope 40k dies and gets rebooted and copies AOS mechanics
>never say anything because it would trigger the 40k autists
>all these 8th edition previews
>mfw

>He doesn't want to fuck sexy alien qts
Yeah whatever faggot.

So, as someone that skipped out on 6th, the whole "only half your army can reserve" thing really bugs me. It feels like it's not actually a fix to reserves/alphastrikes being so powerful, so much as a band-aid to hide the fact that 40k has minimal interaction beyond the "igo-ugo" mechanic. Lemme know your thoughts.

Also, anything that makes units fire "multiple times per turn" really definitely makes it feel gamey.

So I did a quick and dirty homebrew to replace Overwatch and Interceptor; note vehicles would be able to Overwatch too (aka "why don't my Hydras have Interceptor?")

Rather than shooting, charging, running, etc, a unit can overwatch.

When an enemy unit is about to attack (shooting, charging, Maledictions, etc), you immediately interrupt your opponent's turn to shoot at full BS, provided:

-The enemy is within 12" of the unit doing overwatch.

OR:
-The enemy is targeting either the Overwatching unit, or a unit within 6" of said Overwatching unit.

Overwatch ends after the unit fires, or at the start of the player's next turn.

Plus this would help protect against certain JSJ threats (Scatbikes, etc) since they aren't guaranteed to get the drop on you.

Not necessiarily every imperial world has a differnt culture just look at cadia krieg catachan vostroya valhalla elysia the space marine homeworlds the mechanicus. I love the imperium because it has all these human cultures united fighting a common foe. Which is like the antithesis of /pol/s beliefs.

scary

Human and Eldar fucking would trigger a lot more than just them.

meep

Instead of posting shitty fanart why not post what Eldar actually look like?
>that fucking face shape

Been working some more on this base that was supposed to be for a (scratch-sculpted) bloodthirster, but now the Possession spell is likely to be removed, and I'm leaning towards Death Guard as well. Any ideas of something i could use the base for instead? Maybe a mauler/forgefiend if I come up with an interesting concept that'd fit the theme of the base.
How would one of those vampire counts skeletal mount things compare in size with a fiend? The mortarch ones

+3 Command points as well.
Rerolling Superheavies with bonuses.
I hate Knight-only armies.

>making (shitty) homebrew rules for a game that isnt even out yet
A U T I S M

My current plan is to convert them into some Khornate marines. If there's gonna be anyone towering over the rest of my Chaos army, it's gonna be the beefy guys on my side.

Not true, /pol/ believes in unity not through mixing but as seperate beings. Don't let the shills tell you otherwise.

In their case they believe that all races should unite under the banner of fighting against jewish cultural marxist influence, but not mixing together. This could apply to the Imperium pretty easily too.

user i get where you are coming from but id rather we talk about the lore or actual game than fucking talk about the ethicacy of gay people or Tyranid breeding. I would prefer we keep the fetish stuff and everything to their own boards and threads.

Just because Guiliman got with some ugly hag doesn't mean they're all ugly.

But it doesn't, the Imperium doesn't recognize nor care about race beyond whether or not you're an abhuman.

>that perfect facial aesthetic
I want to take her by the ears and relentlessly ram her throat

Neither does /pol/, as long as you don't mix.

Just noticed how utterly shit the quality turned out there, this should be slightly better.

Dark Angels?

Would DA agree to the whole Primaris Marines support Guilliman is bringing in? I feel like that might endanger their secrecy schtick a bit.

I had enough people to play AOS with

I wanted to play 40k with good, easy to learn rules

So you gonna play 40k : Age of Guilliman now or what ?

#
>78(revised) boltgun shots needed
>12 rubricae
>Can't charge after shooting anymore

Not a hard choice.

If anything, I would say the thing stopping alpha strikes is the 9 inch minimum. No bombing in with melta or flamers to murder everything as well.

Also, to keep it simple, I would just say to have Over watch be a free thing any unit can do at the end of the movement phase. If an enemy unit entered from reserves within 12", then you Over watch as normal with snapshots.

I think you're mistaking everyone on /pol/ with a particular brand of joyless retards who think that people having fun and enjoying themselves is detrimental to the imperative that all men must spend all of their time working to perpetuate the white race while behaving as superficially "manly" as possible to compensate for blatant male inadequacy issues.

Do you think they tested the waters for true scale marines with the Deathwatch kit?

AoS looks pretty good gameplay-wise tbqh, but none of the models appeal to me in the way power armor does. If they ever release new Chaos Warriors I probably will use that opportunity to get started there.

Pol isn't actually against different races existing, they just don't want them mixed together. I guess the best to way to describe it is, they're the kind of people that freak out when their food touches on their plates

>that marine in the center
Thin your fucking paints jesus christ

>when the Dominus pops two wraiths in a single shooting phase

... that's like saying Nazi Germany was globalist since it took over parts of Europe and Asia

I mean it kind of is but that's clearly not the point which is suppose to be that it's a "based" theocracy that kills illegal aliens and all the good stuff like that

What happens if buy primaris marines, paint them in the celestial lions scheme then use them as Vanguard-Raptor stormcast in AoS skirmish?

I really wish it was possible to excise the rancid, nauseating tumor that is stormfags from /pol/, and Veeky Forums as a whole.
They're the most obnoxious cunts around.

Even the hardcore NatSocs on /pol/ find the Stormfags fucking awful.

Chill nigga he's one of 45.

>Powerfists Sx2 AP-3 D3 wounds
>no longer always hit last
>Just -1 to hit

Fucking yes. Time to bust out those power fists lads.

>terminators are now 200% viable
>even standard ones

>45 pts

Well see thats where i draw the distinction. The imperium doesnt care if youre black asian or white . It cares about whether or not you worship the emperor in a way the ecclesiarchy approves. Whether or not you are a pure human aka abhumans, psykers, and the more obivious beastman are frowned upon or killed. The racism in 40k is more literal in that its humans vs everyone else not a segregation of whites, blacks, asians, etc. The imperium could not give a rats ass if a white and black person has kids.

Hopefully you'll get shit from both communities.

It's true that most people who browse pol don't actually support their main ideologies, but the general consensus is that grown men shouldn't play games all the time. Obviously if you're taking care of business who fuckng cares what you do for fun. The problem lies with warhammer and mtg attracting a lot of people who just don't take care of business and use the games they play as an escape from reality, or something like that. People who don't have jobs etc, make the hobby look bad for the rest of us

>Enamy

b-but GSC Breeder is not the enemy

>enamy
You tried tier

That's because blacks are an extreme minority in the Imperium and do asians even fucking exist aside from a few token SM chapters?

I think it's more because the non-white population in the Imperium is so miniscule that it's not worth even mentioning.

every thread, I hear a different take on this

>marines are kill
>marines are squatted
>the old marines are useless
>the old marines can still be used but they will offer new kits
>you can use old marines as primaris with new kits
>you can use old marines as primaris always

which fucking one is it

>From yesterday's Q&A:
>Q) are terminators going to feel like terminators on the tabletop?
>A) *awkward pause* "Yes, absolutely." *longer awkward pause*

...fuck

So guys, I'm triying to start my own SM chapter, and just made the colour scheme and name.

"Jade Martyrs"

For now they'r fluff is 0, I intend to make them stealth based, but I don't have many ideas right now.

Raven Guard or Dark Angels successors, but I might think something different.

marinelets are kill

It's all speculation at this point.

le gay xD

Did you really understand it as an awkward pause?

>/pol/ is one person: The post

fuck I'll fix it

Old and new marines can be used alongside one another, anyone saying otherwise is a hyperbolic hyperfaggot.

Honestly, it's so many tens of thousands of years into the future that I wouldn't really think it right to compare the people of 40k to races of humans today.
Combining undoubted genetic manipulation of much of the population during the Dark Age of Technology mixed with natural genetic shifting during the isolation of the Age of Strife, people are probably only superficially similar to humans today.

What about adding fluffies?

New Marines are tougher and hit harder, but are less flexible.

Make them Emperor's Shadows successors

Its an imperium of millions of world and its not hard to say theres a planet filled with asians or any other race we have today. Thats the thing with the imperium you can have feudal worlds set in shogunate japan or china and it wouldnt be out of place if they worship a similar but different version of the emeperor, give their psykers to the black ships, and give their tithe of taxes and imperial guardsmen.

Just because gee dubs doesnt have the art and models to properly represent a diverse imperium doesnt mean you can't say they exist. 40k is about your dudes afterall and about how you can craft a story around their origins such as their homeworld and the people they come from.

wouldn't that be more of a problem of GW not showing those people?
dude that's why they wrote the FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/

Jade just makes me think of China, and Martyrs make me think that they're suicidal or overzealous in jumping into hopeless situations.

Either way, I'd go RG over Dangles and ask yourself what aspect/tactic you enjoy and have the chapter reflect that.

Marinelets are kill is speculation about the future. In the near term, i.e. 8th edition. They exist side by side in the fluff and the model range.