Connected to BerlinNetz...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Revolution.exe
>Technomancer_Massacre_Get_Woke.sim
>Lone_Star_Rapid_Response_Routes.thread
>Manifesto_Writing_For_Dummies.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 30 (40% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'IT'S HAPPENING'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Utopia.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Revolution edition. From American patriots to headcases, everyone wants to remake the world. What's your ideology? What groups have you run into who want to change the status quo, one way or another?

So, My SR GM just sent this to me, Ive edited the names to protect the guilty.

I cant decide if our SR game is no officially off the rails or fucking amazing.

Truly we are the magical realm and its working out great.

I do not have enough reactions to tell you how big of a fag you are, on every level

Jelly

>when people keep talking about mage superiority
>when you're the team adept and feel only respectable in your line of work instead of op like people keep saying your are
>when mystic adept builds and magicians with quickening keep showing up in game just to beat the shit out of you

I should have just been a magician at this rate.

My table is all friends who are into shadowrun, so I've never had issues with Awakened Superiority. I'm sure it's much worse for other tables, especially online games.

I gotta learn this shit in the span of a few weeks. I got my hands on the 5e rulebook now where do I start reading?

I think /b/ has the cringe threads user.

Open book. Start at pg 1. Move forward from there.

make sure you have the Master Index version, get the cheat sheets from OP. Once you've read the book, go back and read the rules sections again and cross-reference with cheat sheet to make sure you've got the basics. Use Chummer and make a couple characters so you have a handle on how that works

Online games are the only place it's an issue.

No one's enough of an asshole to cry about not being able to use Ware on their mysad.

This guy

Correction: those autismos who make wared up mysads aren't socially capable of crying about it in person.

One of my players wants his adept to be a former limo driver, and will probably have one of his own. The best option for chargen looks like the Nightsky, but it has an availability of 18, and it seems like a silly thing to spend a Restricted Gear quality on (not to mention expensive). So, I'm going to offer the opportunity to purchase a used limo, same as cyberware (75% of the price, -4 availability).

I could just bring down some of the stats a touch, but that's not as fun as custom drawbacks, right? What makes this car such a steal?

There's also a How to into GM pdf on the pastebin at the top which will have some tips.

Bulletholes and bloodstains in the rear, obnoxious decorations and upholstery, and the minibar was ripped out.

The big ten all put an individual bomb in it somewhere at some time or another. Where and when is completely unknown.

Adepts aren't that broken. And really only become broken when you pair them with Ware.

What's a good source on proper security design? Like camera and sensor placement, guard patrols, that sort of thing.

Probably could start with a random basics of video on youtube or something.
You looking for just physical security? Shadowrun also has computer, magical, and social security things that players can use to their advantage.

Just finished reading the 3 R. Charrette novels and 2XS, and I've got to say I've enjoyed them more than I thought I would. Can I just keep going down the list of shadowrun novels, or are there any stinkers I should avoid?

They didn't say they are. They said they want to be more powerful.

Us Adepts man, we dindu nuffin but we reap the worst consequences

Buddhist tradition Pacifist Adepts can potentially do pretty well by themselves, now. They even get spells.

It's touch only, and the force sucks unless you start with Magic 7. And even then the force is only really good for mooks or people with obvious weak spots.

Fuck. I have a high cringe tolerance usually but...FUCK.

We need reparations for the vein harvests an sheeit.

Though right now thanks to harmonious defense i'm sitting on 18 counterspelling dice, so at least I can autistically shriek at mages and maybe shit on them some.

Doesn't matter; got spells. *Spellcasting via FIST.* Again - they get access to spells. Also access to Dedicated Spellslinger. Which is more spells. That are not Touch. And they still have Barehanded Adept that says;
>A barehanded adept uses their Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill

Personally, I'm inclined to retcon it to awakened sapients' veins in general.

Eh. I think that to qualify for Dedicated Spellslinger, the Adept would need Adept Spell to actually have the Spellcasting skill.

After all, using something in the place of something else doesn't mean that you have the second thing.

>Shitty spells
>Double Drain
>Magic/3 cap on Force, cannot Overcast
Yeah senpai they totally get spells it's great :^)

"Use X in place of Y" does mean when you look to use X, you can use Y.

Explain how you have such good counterspelling.

Pick better spells. Dedicated Spellslinger.

Adepts get the third best potential drain dice pool in the game, behind Draconic Wil+Mag, and Romani SAD Wil*2.

Use Edge.

Yes, but it doesn't mean you have Y. Even if you use Unarmed in place of Spellcasting, you have no ranks in Spellcasting. Raising Unarmed, even using Unarmed as Spellcasting is not raising Spell asting.

Or to use an earlier example, just because I have a sensor and E.Warfare 6 doesn't mean I have Perception 6. Even though the sensor lets me use E.Warfare in place of Perception.

We're at a very late game campaign right now that's been going on for about two years.

That said, 6 willpower, 8 magic, 4 iniations.

though even just after one iniation you can sit on 12 dice, which is awesome in and of itself and opens up a ton of options for adepts.

...do you wear a cowboy hat?

What metamagics did you take?

>Even if you use Unarmed in place of Spellcasting, you have no ranks in Spellcasting.
When it checks for ranks in Spellcasting, you use Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill.

>just because I have a sensor and E.Warfare 6 doesn't mean I have Perception 6.
For all intents and purposes, when using a Sensor Array, you do.

Do initiation add to your counterspelling dice?

Yessir.

Nobody ever told me this. Why did nobody ever tell me this?

I was just gonna take channeling and forcibly make them possess me. Sorta a reverse lightning bottle situation

Do you wear a cowboy hat?

So one of my players wants to go all Hideo-from-Neuromancer and try out an Archer adept as her starter character. Should I try and dissuade her?
BTW, I house-ruled that the bullet enchantment in FA also applies to Arrows.

FA is a trainwreck.

The metamagic dropped in Forbidden Arcana, its awesome. I'm also not cowboy adept user, sorry.

Fuck Archer Adepts, since going Adept actually provides very little in the way of mechanical benefit to Archery. Go Mundane Archer Ork, Dwarf, or Troll

Get two fat Cyberlimbs with 9 AGI and at least 10 STR. Carry a Light Crossbow with SNS Heads w/ Static Shafts and a Modern Compound Bow w/ Smartlink. You can roll around 17-20 dice for Bows, 9 AGI + 6 Skill + Specialization + Smartlink.

>Investing in 10Str
>For a crossbow-using archery adept using SNS bolts
Are you actually retarded?

>Missing the Modern Compound Bow because he didn't read the post.
>Calls other people retarded.

the "only" thing wrong with archery is that crossbows cant use shafts, and bows require a monstrous amount of strength in a system where strength is the shittiest stat yet costs as much as the best stats (melee has the exact same problem). if youre willing to cut your player a deal somewhere, be it cheaper strength or needing less strength for rating 10 bows, or making strength attribute boost not worthless, she should be fine.

all the archery stuff is in the core book, run and gun, and hard targets. hard targets also has some archery-specific adept powers, but they're not very good

>Using a compound bow when you could literally just use the SNS bolts and be better in every conceivable way with the exception of range, which 10str gives you a range multiple times larger than necessary.

Crossbows can use shafts.

Crossbow bolts have no rating == cannot use shafts.

when was that errated?

I don't think you need to use the bullet stuff to use alchemy on arrows? I mean, unless you want to.

The reason it doesn't work on bullets is the combustion ruins the preparation. Arrows should be fine though.

It's supposed to be the deformation of the bullet ruins the preparation.

So what I'm getting from you is that all these qualities can be qualified for in part or whole with 'softs and/or a skilljack and the rest. (Gets a little iffy because you can also interpret "isn't based on Magic or Resonance" as not grouped with Magic or Resonance skills, which is wrong for Arcana. Less so for Astral Combat and Assensing, even if it's possible to learn as a mundane. It's just about impossible to actually put to use, though.)

Alchemical Armorer (Armorer only), Animal Familiar (all), Apt Pupil (all), Archivist (all), Astral Bouncer, Barehanded Adept, Chakra Interrupter (Assensing only), Charlatan (all), Dual Natured Defender, Flesh Sculpter (Zoology only), Healer, Mystic Foreman (not spellcasting), Potion Maker (Chem only), Puppet Master (Psych only), Renaissance Ritualist (not Ritual Spellcasting), Skinwalker (Zoology only), Spiritual Lodge (Artisan only), Spiritual Pilgrim (all), Sprawl Tamer, Taboo Transformer (Zoology again), and Worship Leader (Leadership).

Oh, and of course, also that an Adept can qualify for any of the Spellcasting requiring qualities by taking Barehanded Adept, and even take them faster than is normally possible by with Improved Ability: Unarmed Combat.

There's a thing on corporate security in the CP2013 supplement Solo of Fortune, could start from there.

>Arcana is the only magic skill not tied to the Magic attribute. As such, the gamemaster can optionally allow a mundane to acquire this skill to represent their limited understanding of the arcane documentation available to anyone. This knowledge then can be used by the mundane to recognize rituals, preparations, traditions, etc. The gamemaster can set a difficulty threshold to use the skill in determining details such as a preparation’s trigger, magician’s tradition, or type of spirit.

The difference between "ALCHEMY (MAGIC)" and "ARCANA (LOGIC)" should be clearer to you than you're making out.

>So what I'm getting from you is that all these qualities can be qualified for in part or whole with 'softs and/or a skilljack and the rest.
I'm picking up a failure to remember that the mastery qualities and magical skills require the Magic attribute, and that skillsofts don't do Magic or Resonance based skills.

Astral Combat can't be used without some form of astral perception. Assensing cannot be taken without some form of astral perception.

If you have Animal Handling 5 via Skillsoft and want to take Animal Familiar, what part of any book can you quote that contradicts it counting as the skill? Likewise, what part of any book can you quote that mastery quality requirements only need to be met during purchase?

>just because I have a sensor and E.Warfare 6 doesn't mean I have Perception 6.
>For all intents and purposes, when using a Sensor Array, you do.
Not for the purposes of meeting a quality prerequisite you don't. Dedicated spell caster only gives a shit how many ranks of spellcasting you have, Barehanded adept allows you to use unarmed for casting the spells gained through it, it doesn't at any point transform those ranks into ranks of spellcasting.

>Even if you use Unarmed in place of Spellcasting, you have no ranks in Spellcasting.
>When it checks for ranks in Spellcasting, you use Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill.
Only when casting the spells gained through barehanded adept and you fucking know it.

I'm just wanting to see where you're standing. Also I wasn't talking about the Alchemy in that list.

Also there's ways for wholly mundanes to get Astral Perception, just not on their own. One is to have a spirit with Astral Gateway around. While it's using that power, everything's dual natured, so mundanes have astral perception. Alternatively, an Awakened with Advanced Alchemy can learn and make preparations that give Dual Natured or Astral Form for a bit.

Either way, you should then be able to learn Astral Combat and Assensing even if you normally can't use them and they're horrible wastes of effort as active skills for somebody that requires outside aid to use them.

And I can say parts to you, but from your perspective they just say nothing because you see "use in place of" or "use as" as being equal to "have" or "is."

You in fact are saying, to me, that the best way to get a skill at 7 is to have a skilljack, the activesoft at 6, and then buy the skill from 6 to 7.

.If you have Animal Handling 5 via Skillsoft and want to take Animal Familiar, what part of any book can you quote that contradicts it counting as the skill? Likewise, what part of any book can you quote that mastery quality requirements only need to be met during purchase?
The part where it's a piece of gear not an actual skill? If you apply that if you ever take the chip out you would cease to qualify for the quality and lose it, and have to re-purchase it when you put the chip back in.

Do you, as a person, have the skill?

>Also I wasn't talking about the Alchemy in that list.
You decided to list all those mastery qualities. The first is Alchemical Armourer. Alchemy is relevant.

>Either way, you should then be able to learn [...]
Sure - provided you have the requisite amount of time to learn and not die. They're still not skillsofts, and they would be relegated to being knowledge skills without the requirements of use.
>In order to use these skills, their Magic rating must be 1 or higher.

So you specifically have nothing except how you feel about it? Thank you for weighing in, user.

What I have is a functioning brain, If you need to put a chip in your head to perform a skill, you don't actually have the skill, just a piece of equipment that mimics the skill you don't have. I'll admit this is slightly less clear cut than the sensors example for perception in which is obvious bullshit as bonus dice are not skill ranks no matter what way you slice it, but it doesn't make any sense if you think about it for just a moment. Unless you actually put the quality on a chip (which since they're magical in nature you couldn't do). No I can't point to chapter and verse on this because CGL didn't spell this out, but I don't believe they should have to.

What are the important attributes for a rigger? How many is too many drones?

Exactly my point.

Yes. And in the list I put in parenthesis Armorer only.

Which means, fairly obviously, that going by how I see your perspective it can help with Armorer only. This is pretty basic reading comprehension.

Reaction, Logic, Intuition are all important

Too many drones is too many for your RCC to handle at once.

How much armor should you aim at if your goal is to be the bait/tank/the guy who gets shot?
I've got 33 right now with a decent (25 when full defense) dodge score and that should be enough to tank anything that isn't a sniper round, right?

Only if you think that can use as/in place of means have.

In which case if you have a shovel you have a hammer, and if you have a battering ram you have a troll physad.

33 is enough to absorb most everything short of Assault Cannons, Snipers, and Rockets. Just remember than net hits add to damage so a particularly keen shot will melt through it.

How'd you get your Dodge pool so high at the same time?

No, I don't the first part of that was supposed to be a greentext quote, I fucked it up. The prereqs for these qualities are skill ranks. Not chips, skill ranks, if you don't have any natural ranks in them you shouldn't be able to get them. It's a stupid argument because it's not like 5e skillwires are at all cost effective or worth using to begin with.

is that 33 all armor, or does it include your body too?

Oh, I was wrong, it's a 20 dodge pool when full defense. Chummer's telling me my indirect dodge is 16 for some reason, which is why I thought it was 25.

Sum to 12 and prime runner with avail set at 14, plus playing a gnome. Personally I think Neoteny should add some dodge dice because you're half to 1/3 the target as most people but that wouldn't make it much of a 'negative' quality. Got Synaptic Booster 2 and have a solid intuition. Augmented reaction is 6, intuition 5, so 11 dodge dice regular. Then I huff Kamikaze/Jazz and turn on full defense, and because I took Cyber-Singularity Seeker, my WIL is 9 and taking Agile Defender becomes a waste of karma when Full Defense normal is good enough. So that's 20 dodge dice.

Armor is just taking Armor 3 on all 5 cyberlimbs, so that's 15 base, plus 15 from full body armor... Gnome sized. Add on a ballistic mask, 2 and my body, 3, and we've got 35 damage soak

Thanks for the advice, by the way.

Looks like my memory was wrong on that, too, because I was remembering before I bought my ballistic mask.

Legitimate question: Where do baby dragons come from?

Like, when was the last dragon born? Do we know anything about the early life of Dragons, or how Dragons mate, or how the Sixth World would react to hearing that a new Dragon has been born?

From eggs. That need to be specially incubated, and that process also does a good job of shaping the prospective dragon.

I think that one or two have been born since the turn of the age.

Look at the Ancient Files via wayback machine or something for more details.

Oh, it's you. I'd say you'll be fine, but you mentioned it was some sort of war campaign in the earlier thread, so who knows what nonsense your GM will pull out of the hat. Still anything short of heavy ordinance should be water off a ducks back, barring a really shitty roll.

What are baby dragons like? How long do they age before they get magic and human forms and the like?
Are their human forms cute kids or do they look like adults with the mind of a baby lizard?

Yes.

Is it OK to make a deal with a baby dragon?

Literal baby dragons would basically be in the egg, magically absorbing knowledge.

Child dragons, on the other hand, tend to vary depending on breed and possible ability to become a Great Dragon. While young then tend to be magically active, but the metahuman forms shown by Great Dragons are probably beyond them. Although it could be possible, and they also have enough magical knowledge to probably try an end around that way.

But more importantly, as they approach adolescence it's possible that they temporarily lose their higher faculties and become things like wyverns and lesser sea serpents. Or that could be a failed attempt at becoming a Great Dragon, something that only happens because of the lower mana levels in the past and will not happen in the future, or it could be the result of a botched raising.

There's still lots of questions, like just what Ryumo is trying to become.

Assuming it's still got brainpower, sure. They're probably more likely to do short term stuff because Great Dragon status ain't assured.

Read Dragons of the Sixth World for details. So far as I can tell, dragons are being born fairly regularly, it's just that we don't hear much about the non-greats. Dragon eggs are laid in clutches which mature over the course of I think 50 years or so. So by regularly, I just mean that at certain intervals it seems a good number of dragons are born. Dragon mating rituals are very elaborate, rigid, and logical. They do it to reproduce, and produce offspring whose psychological profiles will match their desired objectives. It probably wouldn't be news that a new dragon had been born, for various reasons. First of all, it's the private business of dragons, who are very exacting in separating their public identities from their private dragon business. Second of all, lesser dragons aren't all that uncommon. But I guess if an entire clutch hatched at once that would be big news, especially since the draconic race was having population growth collapse issues as far as I can tell. The news of a clutch of dragons hatching would be kind of like that scene in Children of Men where everyone stops fighting when they hear the baby crying, only with very different feelings involved.

>Yekka? I have characters in Ch5. that can't reduce their stun damage they had before opening them in a new version... This a known bug, or is ther esomething I am doing wrong
Should be fixed in current nightlies.

You might consider it obvious what you wanted to mean and convey, because it was happening in your mind, but I'm not going to put any real effort into assuming or working your side of any discussion for you. If you want to say something, you'll actually have to say it.

See, as soon as I get to "bonus dice", all that talk about having a functioning brain is just telling, not showing. You'll actually have to use the rules in the book, friend.

fuck yeah, the party is UCAS's most wanted!

most of our faces made national news!

anyone got a safehouse where they could let a chummer crash for a few short years?

Take your ass on a boat down to Aztlan, user! Time for a vacation! What, is CAS going to request the Azzies extradite you?

I feel like that level of inference isn't even real effort. Or possibly you took effort to not infer anything.

And the rules in the book say that you may use the rating in place of the skill when called on to make a skill test. I thought about appending (making a skill test) to that, but it'd probably only be seen as an attempt at insult.

In fact in no place in the rules do any of those say you possess the skill, only that you can use something else in the skill's place.

Chummer if you don't have at least 40 dice to soak you're not a true tank.

Unfortunately I can't afford that at chargen due to the ever-present delight that is the Cyber Torso.
Later on I should be able to reach the ridiculous heights of 40 soak.

Is there a specific reason you need the cyber torso?

Because CGL/the GM says so, really also because it unfortunately makes more sense to have a torso as a critical part of your movement, and for the purposes of an armor build it's not a total waste of nuyen since you can put armor on it and alongside your agility increases. It's just suboptimal, you could use that essence/money better on dermal plating or bone lacing if the cybertorso wasn't necessary.

>it unfortunately makes more sense to have a torso as a critical part of your movement
Eh?

>alongside your agility increases
Talk with your GM about using the German version ...

whats a good name and class for a troll?

Ivan Ivanovich, Russian Hacker.

Trolls would most likely just have regular human names from their country of origin. There isn't a mystical troll language from which to draw names.
If you meant street names, well, that's still way too open a question, especially seeing as how a street name is typically assigned to you rather than by you. It would depend on your backstory.
Trolls are theoretically predisposed towards melee. It's just that melee is not great in 5th unless you really build for it.
What I'm saying is, do what you want, basically. Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but you should have at least come up with the skeleton of a concept for us to work with.

so like street samurai or adept bra?

Are you planning to go melee? If so, you need to be able to do the following:
- Hit things good. This is mostly a matter of strength, weapon skill and weapon. Fairly self-explanatory
- Get up close. For this, you want to be sneaky and fast.
- Tank a hit. Again, fairly self-explanatory. You need body, and armor and to a lesser extent will. Being able to dodge would help, of course, but as you can probably see, this build is already very demanding.
Adept with plans to get some useful ware later on is probably your best bet imho.

thanks bra

How can I use Animal Handling?

Find some animals and handle them.

Lewd.

I more meant like can tamed animals be useful as part of your character build, or will animal handling just be for telling the cyberdoggo not to chew on you?