Warhammer 40k General /40kg

Functional Edition

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-drukhari-may17/

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/new-warhammer-40000-reserves-and-deep-striking-may17gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan :
youtu.be/CZEXEZnM8kU [Open]

>Previously on /40kg/
→ #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

So has anyone else picked up on GW trying to get Veeky Forums to accept primaries Marines with this forced "Manlet Marines" bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SoB?

Second for the guard

4th for Slaaneshi Guard

This is beautiful.
Praise the Omnissahiah.

Hey looking for artwork of a chaos uprising being good, especially the one of the cultist holding an autogun with an 8-point star hood. Need them for a Dark Heresy game where the players are effectively facing the rebellion in Les Mis, and don't see Chaos till the violence breaks out

I have a bunch of old Chaos Space Marines I have lying around, and they're not painted excellently or anything but they are painted, are they worse less because of this?

I'm thinking of off loading them.

>are they worse less because of this?

Yes. Stripping can be a bitch.
If the issue is not time sensitive you should try stripping them yourself.

How would I go about doing that?

Find something that removes paint and immerse the models in it.
Dettol or Fairy Power Spray works.
If you're an American I've heard Simple Green does the job.

Been not paying close attention to the news, can someone tl;dr all the changes from 7e released so far? Preferably as objective and general as possible ("Everything can hit everything" versus "lol a titan can get killed by a guardsman fucking dumb").

Yeah, as said if you're in the US Simple Green seems to do the job.

13th for 3rd Ed-tier daemonhosts.

That feel when an entire eldar army deepstrikes inches away from your imperator titan on turn 3 of the apocalypse game and lights it up with D weapons but then it goes supernova.

>Drew Carey Aeldari

So just let them sink in simple green and wipe off the paint right? I could do that, seems simple enough.

>So THIS is the power of shitposting!

You'll probably need a toothbrush and tooth pick if you want it all off.

Not him but yeah, just let em soak overnight and scrub off with a toothbrush the next day. It strips just about all paint without damaging the mini.

Thanks anons, I'm a scrub when it comes to modeling, I didn't think you could strip paint as silly as it sounds.

My dad who's into modeling says alcohol also works for stripping paints, is that safe?

For metals alcohol is safe. I think it'll nuke plastic and resin minis though.

Paint some sprues and test it.

Ya I thought so, he dabbled more in WWII models of a larger scale, not sure if they're metal or not.

anyone looking for a daemon prince, 10 eldar guardians or a squad of blood angels?

>Archmagoscomitstechheresy.webm

Orks will be great again

Reading the new rules it seems las/plas razor backs are now fucking awesome. 1 Lascannon shot, 3 storm bolter shots and 2 plasma shots, 4 plasma shots if they don't move. Every damn pack of long fangs should have one.

Please do, I think it'd do you much good.
This shit is my job so I don't fuck around with bullshit advice.

More on topic
Which army do you collect?

>mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

dead bin. Anyone have the newest WD?

what blue is that?

Is the daemon prince painted? I need one for my Alpha Legionnaires.

caledor sky> teclis> baharroth

> Draigo in the HQ slot

What do they mean by this?

theyre probably done with the infantry lord of war nonsense

> Marneus Calgar is a LoW
> Azrael, Grimnar, etc aren't

>that new powerfist stat line

Fucking yes. If storm bolters are Assault 3, Standard terminators are going to be scary as fuck. Especially Nurgle and Tzeentch ones, a platform full of pain that will not fucking die.

>Superheavy formation gives 3 command points
>Lets you take superheavies with no troop tax

But why though? I just hope that the Superheavy FoC isn't allowed in tournaments.

Gotta sell them big models

> Tesseract Vault is HQ: Infantry
> Necrons have no Lord of War section

Okay, yeah, I think the site's just fucked.

>Marneus Calgar
>Lord of War
>special rules: God of War and Master Tactician

Fucking smurfs

I'm going off memory so I might miss something

>everything can wound anything(6+)
>twin linked =double shots
>no more AV
>no more HP,
>vehicles and the like have quite a few wounds
>HQ cannot join squad
>cannot shoot hq unless closest model, hq has 10 + wounds or you have a sniper
>transports can carry X number of models. Capacity 10 could be 2 five man squads, 10 characters ,etc
>movement stat
>no more faction force org , everyone pulls from same ones
>can roll or pick for psychic powers
>morale replaced with battleshock
>battleshock is (units bravery - number of deaths - D6 = models flee)
>Ex: bravery 7 - 4 dead guys - roll a 4= -1 (1 guy flees)
>ap doesn't ignore armor but modifies it
>ap -2 makes a 3+ save a 5+
>knights no longer locked in melee with infantry
>some faction abilities reworked (power from pain)
>new psychic spells
>points in other book, not datasheet
>all rules on units datasheet, no more USR
>some weapons do more than 1 dmg
>invuln saves do not stack
>mortal wounds cannot be saved
>stats go beyond 10

I think that's everything

Although it WOULD be hilarious if they made LoW HQs instead.

What blood angels are they? Are they painted?

he is base coated purple but other then that no a little stripping will the the purple off.
5 termies 5 assault marines and 1 captain unpainted but assembled they are from the ball set I think its called I got them a while back it was orks vs blood angels

Anyone here remember the name of that one Space Marine chapter that was really obssessed with the dead and honoring them? Like, REAAALLY obssessed. All I remember besides that is that they are kind of a bunch of downers, what with all the death stuff.

Hey guys, i stopped play 40k awhile ago, 3 years? and ive saw some of the new rules, do you guys think a full mek ork army will do well killakans deff dreds the gorkanaugt(?) and HQ in mega armour maybe could be a fun army to play with?

we dont know. We have no idea of the full rules or points values for any of it.

I might be interested, post a throwaway email if you want

you have discord?

Baneblade is my commander!

i dont really care for the points as it will be mainly for fun, but i meant as in the changes to AV to T and a save etc

we dont know the stats for the kanz or dredz, and we dont know how survivable or fast or killy theyll be

Oh really? i thought they did one of each unit not just the space marine, god i hate waiting for news on this stuff, thanks bud

the only thing theyve shown is the stat line for the morkanaut, not even the weapons or special rules

Mortifactors.

Baneblades are still in Lord of War, which fascinates me because Imperial Knights aren't in the force org at all.

Imperial Knights are Lord of War in 8th.

Uhhh I might give me a minute I'll check when I get home

Yeah, definitely shows that the whole page is fucked.

I do actually

if they dont have a release date stated within the next week im gonna be pissed.

Imagine if another company did this. Expected you to be happy with dregs while they sit on the finished product in an attempt to make you salivate over it more.

Its the opposite effect of what they want. Since no one wants to buy models in case they get shit on by the new rules.

Fucking hurry up and release them already so people can plan campaigns and tournaments or even just beer and pretzel games.

The best kind of guard

Just did a tally of assembled / salvage / loose bits / sprues etc... here is what I can make.

Fluff-Wise would it be a reasonable force composition for:
- 31 1st Company Terminators + Ven. Dread, with Captain Severus Agemman & Chaplain
- 36 2nd Company Marines + Rhino
- 13 8th Company Bikers
- 5 10th Company Scouts

What should I add to this? Is the composition reasonable fluff-wise? Considering 2 Land Raiders or something...

Game companies do this literally all the fucking time.

fuck it all I want is a release date.

At least we are sure it will be released this summer, or next month if you heard about the period GW employees aren't allowed to take a day off.

Some games get a promised release date, which then gets delayed for years. Never promise a release date before something is ready.

Esdeathy

Their doing this to boost the late year profits for AOS (as most people are buying AOS stuff right now and mostly ignoring 40k) and their fiscal year starts next month which is when they will drop the new 40k to Maximize the on the book profits for 40k for the new year. Releasing it now would be stupid as less than half the profits it would make in it's release would go on their current fiscal year.

Common you browse Veeky Forums you should know about Min Maxing.

Since /wip/ is super dead, might as well.
About that Guilliman model, should I base him with Macragge Blue first then gold trim later or the other way around ?

I'd do the gold first as doing that trim would be a bitch and a half, then do the blues.

>Veeky Forums

what is this place you speak of?

do the trim last. Try and find a painting guide to help you so you don't make too many basic errors while you paint him.

Fairy power spray doesn't work. They changed the formula years ago.

What's with the vehicle nerfing?

I just bought some and it works fine.

Vehicles are tougher now.

Or just put the sprues in. The paint isn't a part of this test.

That's likely true, but proper science requires the conditions be kept as similar as possible.

There were Necrons in the Space Marine section a few weeks ago. Don't worry about it.

that's an odd way of spelling Buffing

white spirits

methelyated spirits.

just search youtube videos for stripping plastic models

But it doesn't. Unless you got hold of some very old stock.

How? Heavy bolters can now reliably wound leman russes

Lord Duncan primed gold and filled in the blue after. Seems like it'd be easier than trying to find every single trim spot afterward.

I wasn't the one asking for advice but thanks for the effort I guess?

I use dettol personally.

Is that stopping monsterous creatures from being vastly superior to vehicles right now, hmmm ?

What's the stats on a Russ in 8th?

They also have a lot more wounds to chew through.

Not sure why I'm even arguing against you, I hate the changes.

It's what? 0.3 of a wound per heavy bolter.

Yes heavy bolters may now wound a Leamon Russ on a 5+ and it will shrug those off on a 4+ and it has 14 hull points meaning that those 1 or two heavy bolter shots will clearly inconvenience it. It's not going to worry until it seas a plasma gun, a Lascannon or a melta gun still.

>reliably
I dont think you know what that word means

yeah sorry, its 4am for me, my bad.

Able to explain why you don't like the changes or just angry because change ?

Duncan's Rubric and Bobby tutorials have the most retarded ordering ever
>paint and wash gold first (fine but debatable)
>basecoat the blue
>THEN DRYBRUSH THE GOLD
Why wouldn't you finish up the gold first? The drybrush gets that silver shit everywhere. What the fuck Duncan?

LA's Totally awesome from Dollar General (if us) works well for pretty cheap

for metal, just use dot3, just be real fucking careful that shit is toxic as fuck. But damn does it work fast

So I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Is there anything new in 8th edition regarding Tyranids?

Duncan does it the hard way on purpose because he knows he can make it look easy. He wants the bait the unthinned paint babbys into hurting themselves. He drinks their pain.

Trygons are gonne do D6 wounds for each save the opponent fails in melee. That's the only peek from spcifically tyranids that we got.

Also during a Q&A it was said that Carnifexes will be faster than they are now.

They've found new groundbreaking ways for tyranids to suck.