How does one play a prideful/haughty/stuck-up character without pissing off my fellow players OOC?

How does one play a prideful/haughty/stuck-up character without pissing off my fellow players OOC?

Don't antagonize the party or important PCs. Your dude isn't dumb and/or autistic.
When he is superior he lets other people know and they will see that he is right. However he is not one for baseless boasting - that would just be crude

I think the important thing is to still have them focused on what's important. They might be prideful, but they're not going to do something stupid like refuse to work together in a life or death situation.

A well played character of this sort should still realize the time and place for it, and when to shut up and get work done. As well, even a prideful or stuck up character is going to quickly realize that their fellow party members are rather exceptional people, so having them instead focus their bragging towards NPCs fits better. After all, even a particularly smug Wizard is going to have some level of respect for the Fighter that can bench press a dragon or the Rogue that is practically invisible even without magic.

Back that shit up.

Do so with flaws or in a humorous fashion.

It depends, can you do the swagger?

>How does one play a prideful/haughty/stuck-up character without pissing off my fellow players OOC?
Well, if they're decent people, it's simple
>don't be prideful/haughty/stuck-up OOC
If they're anything less
>you can't

Be useful & helpful despite being arrogant, and during out-of-character moments, make it clear that it's your character who's a bit of a jerk, not you.

Remember, there's "You are all beneath me, watch as I use the perfect spell to instantly defeat this enemy" arrogant, and then there's "I'mma do some stupid shit that won't even work because lol I'm better than you" arrogant

Know when to be satisfied with how great you are to yourself.

Nothing grates on another player's nerves more than when one player won't shut the hell up and share the spotlight, even if your character is absolute perfection I'm here to play too damnit.

Don't play with faggots.

Take the piss out of your character a bit in the way you talk about them. As long as it's clear you don't actually think your character is as great as your character thinks they are, it does a lot to help with that. Use their pride to set them up as the butt of a joke every once in a while, that sort of thing. Especially if you can let another PC be the one to pull the ripcord on the joke.

I did this once. Thinking back to why no one hated me, I think it was because my air of superiority was directed outward of the party.
It wasn't: I'M better than you, it was: WE'RE better than you (and I'm kinda the best, but these guys kick ass too).

Also, when another PC has the spotlight, let them have it. Even support them.

This.
A PC like that as the face of the party can be a sight to behold. That can be even a point of pride, look at those badasses THAT STAND BEHIND ME is so much better than a douchebag who acts as if he's better than his peers.

Make it funny.

This. IC have the character be a dick. OOC allow and be open to them being shat on. Learn to enjoy the moments the character is speachless and spluttering by being proven wrong.

bump for useful advice

He's a stuck up ads hole but the friends he's chosen to have must be of a certain caliber. So through his friendship he shows value in his partners, regarding them as some of the greatest beings on the plane, otherwise they wouldn't be worthy of hanging out with him.

By limiting your asshole factor towards your fellow players and go batshit on NPCs. People are nice to their friends and dicks to strangers all the time.

Be a magnificent bastard, and be self aware

make him a cooperative character

Either have the charisma to pull it off or make sure you get your comeuppance to show that your superiority is a sham.