EDH/Commander General

EDH/Commander General

NEWS

>Commander 2017
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18

>MTGO Banlist Latest Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/necrotic-agriarianism/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the current thread question?

How many cards can you fit up your butt?

Straight or rolled up?

Your choice but I suppose rolled up would get you better results.

What's your favorite mono color commander, and why is it Sekki, Season's Guide?

So the four commander 2017 decks are going to be tribal themed. Do you think they're going to go the obvious route and go elves, goblins, zombies, and... Something?

Knights probably. Or soldiers.

Panharmonicon. Conjurers closet.

>idrinkyourmilkshake.dec

Seems like the obvious choice, but I don't know how much tribal support throughout all of magic's history soldiers have. And I don't know how excited players would be about a soldier deck. (Both go the same for knights)

Who else hopes for a 2017 Runo Stromkirk printing as a Grixis vampire tribal commander?

Ignore me, I didn't notice this was a Mono-color thread.

They made a giant tribal in 2015. Soldier tribal is easy doable. And don't forget they're gonna print more commander specific cards.

I wanted to try making this card my commander. Is it any good?

Yes. I've played against a couple Yasova decks, they're fairly powerful and always interesting.

Gonti's fun. Make way for the actual best mono black commander.

I need a low power cheap mono color commander
my high power is zada[/spoler]
what do you recommend /mtg/?

Sram

Am I missing something? The other thread seems to be well away from both bump limit and image limit.

>sram
>cheap

those swords say you are wrong

cool
but what's the win con

I'm making my first mono coloured deck, Soraya the Falconer. Also never made a tribal deck, and I've barely ever play white, which is why I chose it.

So, I want to add in a couple of cards that fuck with one of the decks of each of my main opponents, but really poorly. One guy has Jhoira which is mostly dragon/wizard tribal, so I've got Dragonstalker for that, one guy has Might Morphin' Animar, so I have Aven Farseer and Aven Soulgazer, but I'm having trouble deciding on the third guy. He has Rashmi and Saskia. Saskia's very broad, doesn't do anything specific other that "hit you", so I'm thinking maybe something like Prophecy or Visions to fuckle with Rashmi. He's also known for running Mind's Desire, hence I thought about Aura Extraction, which messes with the top of the deck as well, handily.

Or if anyone can think of a bird that does anything to do with the top of the deck (poorly), that'd be perfect.

I run mine every now and then for 1v1. It's 60% voltron off auras and equipment, and 40% shenanigans. It may be somewhat degenerate as I enjoy abusing Yasova's synergy with Willbreaker, but hey it's fun for me. I can drop a link if you'd like

>Deck help needed please
>Link: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/necrotic-agriarianism/
Recently got the cards in the maybeboard, and I'm looking at working them in. However I'm having trouble removing things for them
New cards for possible inclusion:
>Fog
>Spore Frog
>Vampire Hex

Any suggestions, tips are appreciated friends

is it possible to make a budget deck with azusa as the commander and still be viable?
I never played commander but azusa is waifu tier, I wanna play her

define budget, as Azusa is a 30 dollar card last I checked. But other than her, just throw in a bunch of cheap ($) fatties and ramp and you should be fine, depending on your meta

Build Sram enchantress then.

Sram is cutest enchantress, don't bully him with steel.

It's a good color combination and funny to play. The deck does just one thing though, steal creatures. I haven't played my Yasova deck too often, but I can imagine that it gets boring after a while.

Is there just one good reason why Cyclonic Rift shouldn't be banned? Even the people that actually play it are ashamed of it every time they do.

How the fuck do I beat Orzhov partners? It's too fucky grindy to beat in a fair game, and the guy that plays it always has removal in hand or a pact effect on the field to stop combos.

Is there any good reason for it to be banned?
>tfw casting Sunder with few mana rocks on the field just when the UG ramp faggot cast Boundless realms for 8 on turn 4
The salt was palpable

P L A Y S T A X

Good, but the combo gets stale and is highly dependent on your opponents playing good decks.

It's actually worse than a vanilla creature, since there is little you can do to combo off one card turn 4 and even then you have to give your opponents 3 opportunities to handpick a removal spell (and if they search for THEIR combo pieces, you are fucked).

Get your manacurve in order and race. Use hatebears and gravehate. Put other silver bullets in the deck

I'll give you one reason: if your decks is monoblue and you can't counter everything, there are like 2 or 3 cards that can deal with hexproof crap and give you time not to get stomped by some green ramp. Shame part is bs, it's you who should be ashamed of over-committing to the board.

A shoutout to good old Xiahou, a shame I was never able to get the actual card. Other than that, it's Azami, Kamahl, Daretti and Darien.

I'd cum buckets.

Building that stormy lass atm. All is good and Grixis is my favourite color combo, but she screams "vintage" and I'm hesistant to shell for things like Yawg Will and Mana Crypt. It's like $5000 fully finished with Candelabra, Timetwister and all that.